• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

bobohoro

Amazon UK sent me an email about delayed stock and got a gift certificate to compensate. Anyone else had that problem?

Importing from the UK perhaps? Also got the mail today, kinda sucks. But 5 pounds towards Smash Bros. or Samurai Warriors 4 isn't that bad either.

.polybius

Neo Member
okay GAF I just got the game and I'm stuck at the first screen hahahaha.

I've never played a Dynasty Warrior game so I don't know the difference between it or "Zelda style" controls. What do you suggest?
Can someone write a super short recap about the first method?

I'm in the same boat as you. Never played a DW-game either. From what i've heard, it's not a big deal though. I'm gonna go with "Zelda Style":) Interested to read a short recap though!

Neff

Amazon UK sent me an email about delayed stock and got a gift certificate to compensate. Anyone else had that problem?

Just arrived home to find my Amazon UK copy, so some of us are getting them. Take Amazon's statement as you will.

So ok, im destroying in hard difficulty, but in the third stage, the one in
farone woods
ghoma
attacks as a boss, I know how to kill that fucker perfectly but the problem is he goes to
the deku tree
and attacks the soldiers instead of me. Im there waiting for him to do the attack that opens
his eye
and the fucker starts to swirl to kill puny soldiers.
This wouldnt be a problem...
IF THEY DIDNT ACT LIKE A SECOND LIFE BAR!!!!

It doesnt help that when I get running there the fucking thing has already taken half of the life bar of the base.

They are idiots and I cant beat the stage because of them.

Im obviously doing something wrong becuase the game can't be this obtuse, wouldnt it?
So please, someone help me.

BTW, Its only the boss, Ive completly clean the map at that point.

Kouriozan

The 8 bit sword has 280 power, whut!!
When you unlock it, your other weapons have maybe 180 max.
Edit : wow, monsters start to hit you pretty bad in normal.
Granted I'm almost at the end but it's surprising.

Sify64

farone woods
ghoma
attacks as a boss, I know how to kill that fucker perfectly but the problem is he goes to
the deku tree
and attacks the soldiers instead of me. Im there waiting for him to do the attack that opens
his eye

It doesnt help that when I get running there the fucking thing has already taken half of the life bar of the base.

Im obviously doing something wrong becuase the game can't be this obtuse, wouldnt it?

Maybe, standing still works to bait him. I just waited around for that particular move to happen.

Reknoc

farone woods
ghoma
the deku tree
his eye

I haven't tried it, but you might be able to fire arrows at it so that it cancels its attack and guards.

Kouriozan

Finished the story and wondered why I didn't finish the first picture.
But I just unlocked Heroic mode (harder than hard) and now there is a second skulltula in each level, and you need to play those on hard for the skulltula to appear.
So yep, I'm far from done with this game and barely touched adventure mode, my playtime is 12:39 currently.

I finally unlocked Zant last night and I am so deliriously happy with him. He plays exactly how I would've hoped - stamping and slapping and giggling the whole time. I love how his charge attacks are prone to make him dizzy or stub his toe if you're not careful, too.

Quite possibly the best character I've ever played in any Warriors game, and I don't say that lightly.

Spocker

farone woods
ghoma
the deku tree
his eye

I just did it by pushing the boss out of the base, a bit lucky, but it worked :)

Rich!

Just bit the bullet and ordered this on the eshop, nice cheap price and now just a very long wait to download

Lets hope you bought the eshop code from game.co.uk where its £31 and not on the eshop where its pricier

Its only a fiver difference anyhow so who cares

And beated bugging the guy

Maybe, standing still works to bait him. I just waited around for that particular move to happen.
Nope, the problem is that he does other moves and kills the soldiers form the base.

I haven't tried it, but you might be able to fire arrows at it so that it cancels its attack and guards.
Nah, tried to cancel, the guy becomes even more bothersome.

I just did it by pushing the boss out of the base, a bit lucky, but it worked :)

YEP.
He teletranports after your second big attack (he jumps around some before doing it and you cant really attack him when he does that), so before he did that I already was running to the main base. Instead of teletransporting in the middle of the base he just went in the corridor before the base, exactly where I was still running. No soldiers there so his attacks did nothing and the life bar of the base didnt even appear. Kill him easily like this (although he did the teletransportion just before killing him again).

Lord Phol

Lets hope you bought the eshop code from game.co.uk where its £31 and not on the eshop where its pricier

Would this work on my Swedish PAL WiiU (aka non-UK still in EU console) ? It's connected to a UK nintendo account :p.

Yes, mine is a Belgian account and it works fine, the game.co.uk codes

Yeah it worked for me too! Now the 1 hour wait for it to download >>.

Fandangox

I finally unlocked Zant last night and I am so deliriously happy with him. He plays exactly how I would've hoped - stamping and slapping and giggling the whole time. I love how his charge attacks are prone to make him dizzy or stub his toe if you're not careful, too.

Quite possibly the best character I've ever played in any Warriors game, and I don't say that lightly.

The hype is real

Call me a complete dickhead cos I forgot you could buy codes from websites, I've never actually bought a retail game on the eshop before, oh well 36 quid wasn't too bad

Social

It took me about 2 and a half missions, but then it clicked for me. I understood barely anything of what I was doing before that. The gamepad is not a great control option for this though, might just use the wiiMote and nunchuck.

Enjoying it so far! It's fun and addictive in short bursts.

The graphics are a bit poor and the framerate goes to shit many times!

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

nice!

Thinking I might hold off on this for a little while. I want to play it, but I'm sure Smash 3DS is going to eat any potential time I'd have with it.

daydream

Banned
farone woods
ghoma
the deku tree
his eye

I had to restart the stage yesterday because I ran into exactly the same problem as you.

Two things to keep in mind:

Make sure to go to the Great Fairy at your earliest convenience once the fire breaks out. You need all "health" you can get for the Deku Tree.

'm not sure if this is indeed how it works but it did the trick for me, so: Makes sure to have Goma targeted while standing in front of him. Also make sure that you're not against the wall because I think he doesn't do his attack when there's not enough room. Lastly, if he doesn't do it for a while, try shooting him with an arrow. It won't do anything but it sometimes triggered his laser attack for me.

Hope this helps! Edit: Oh, you beat it already, haha. My bad! Good job! I'll leave this up in case anyone else needs it.

Sadist

Welp, I got some extra cash and I'm going out to get it tomorrow. This will be my first musou since... one I can't remember on PS2.

Semajer

Try contact Ninty UK store. I got the costume code email last midnight.

I sent them an e-mail this morning, and they replied saying the code were to be send throughout the day. I'll give them a call tomorrow if haven't got the e-mail when I wake up.

Edit: Also, how the hell do you get the Hard Mode skulltulas to appear? I've completed at least two stages on hard with the correct character, and they haven't appeared.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Just played a bit of it and it isn't bad and I found it fun to play, though I do wish that you can turn off the stupid narrator voice so dull and lifeless.

This is why I didn't want voice acting in Zelda games.

What's the difference between "Zelda" and "DW" control options?

Zelda control just swaps the attack and dodge button to the B and A with Y whereas DW control maps them to Y and B.

I tried both and DW control is the better option.

Reknoc

I sent them an e-mail this morning, and they replied saying the code were to be send throughout the day. I'll give them a call tomorrow if haven't got the e-mail when I wake up.

Edit: Also, how the hell do you get the Hard Mode skulltulas to appear? I've completed at least two stages on hard with the correct character, and they haven't appeared.

On the pause screen or the battle preparation screen check "Warrior Info" and there's an option there to tell you the skulltula requirements.

NZerker12

Just unlocked Ganondorf and damn this guy wrecks everything on hard mode. Plus his C6 destroys everything which isn't a officer. I can only imagine what valga will play like when he becomes available.

So far really enjoying this game.

Hyrule Warrior's Zelda wouldn't get kidnapped, not with these light arrow skills, I've got Link and his Master Sword looking meagre fighting alongside the Royal Ruination of enemy forces and it's just great.

Then I finally played as the Dorf, sweet Hylia, Hyrule might as well roll over right now, if this game's goal was to make Ganondorf feel like a runaway freight train of destruction incarnate I'd like to think that they succeeded.
I also want to think that when Link was sitting in the sacred realm for those seven or so years in OoT this is how Ganondorf was wrecking Hyrule.

If I can engage in a murderous temper tantrum then I'm golden.
Easily my most anticipated character to play as.

jonno394

Played it for four hours and loving it. Dabbled in adventure mode and done a few tiles too. Man Lana wrecks shit once she gets going. Hated her at first then about a minute in she clicked and went from annoying to awesome.

Neff

Having played my first Musou game tonight... I can see why people levy criticism at the series. Unless I'm doing something wrong, it's paper-thin at a gameplay level, and not all that technically impressive either, bordering on ugly at worst.

I will continue to play though, for the excellent fanservice alone.

Kouriozan

Just unlocked Ganondorf and damn this guy wrecks everything on hard mode. Plus his C6 destroys everything which isn't a officer. I can only imagine what valga will play like when he becomes available.

So far really enjoying this game.
Yep, he is too good, you get him at low level too and he is still strong.
Costed me 200k to level him to my highest character.

This game is fuckin' awesome. Well done, Nintendo. I wasn't a real fan of the warriors games but the zelda theme changes everything. The soundtrack, the characters, the stages....I love it.

Top Bottom