• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

K-A-Deman

Somehow I had a feeling she'd be riding a wolf side-saddle, but I got the scale a tad off (I pictured it as being horse sized.) I wonder if that's her dash move.

Mesoian

Someone should tell Nintendo what a boss rush is. Because shoving all the bosses in the game onto one map is not a boss rush, it's a fucking mess.

l_546eeb239815ahoend.jpg

Only six weapons, probably upgrades for Twili Midna and Dominion Rod, right? Might be a really empty adventure map in terms of rewards.

TheMoon

Just googled it and I really have no memory whatsoever of this item. I should re-play Twilight Princess but playing through it a second time it feels like it progresses so slowly ;b That item could definitely be a possibility.

I'm replaying it right now, rediscovering so many things I forgot about since I last played it at release. Already looking forward to grabbing the Dominion Rod and the Double Hookshot again :D

Someone should tell Nintendo what a boss rush is. Because shoving all the bosses in the game onto one map is not a boss rush, it's a fucking mess.

What does Nintendo have to do with this?

Golnei

l_546eeb239815ahoend.jpg

Only six weapons, probably upgrades for Twili Midna and Dominion Rod, right? Might be a really empty adventure map in terms of rewards.

There are probably a few more 8-bit weapons as well, going by the images we've seen of Ganondorf using one. Though it is a shame there apparently aren't any more palette swap costumes...

There are probably a few more 8-bit weapons as well, going by the images we've seen of Ganondorf using one. Though it is a shame there apparently aren't any more palette swap costumes...

Oh yeah. The costume that Ganondorf was using in that image, is it the Master Quest recolor or is it new?

l_546eeb239815ahoend.jpg

Hard to tell, after all we have no idea what all the new symbols mean: note those weird scrambled monoliths, the sparkle/mirror symbols, the 'digital' sections speckled with twilight squares and the curious addition of the freakish oocca :3

NeonZ

l_546eeb239815ahoend.jpg

The text in Famotsu's site mentions new twilight inspired alt colors and new weapons too. That Ganondorf color seems to be one of the new ones. I guess those red blobs might be hidden items?

Also, in Twilight areas, you can't use magic bar or specials.

CBTech

Since true form Midna is a new character, will she drop the same materials as Imp Midna or will she drop new materials? If she drops new materials who would use them? I guess she would, but that is unusual.

Golnei

Since true form Midna is a new character, will she drop the same materials as Imp Midna or will she drop new materials? If she drops new materials who would use them? I guess she would, but that is unusual.

Maybe the new materials would be required by the MM characters? Due to all the vague mask-related symbolism and Majora's Mask references around the Twili, it wouldn't be thematically unfitting for a character like the Happy Mask Salesman or Skull Kid to use them.

Or they could make them necessary to do something like expanding Zelda's Dominion Rod combo sequence, but that's similarly unprecedented.

taizuke

The Master Quest challenges weren't too bad. I agree that the "don't get hit levels" are the most difficult, but it helps that KO count doesn't matter in those levels, so you can ignore most enemies. Speed run is pointless since it is really rare that a level takes more than 12 minutes much less 15. No healing can be annoying on some levels, but if you are good enough to A rank most stages it shouldn't be a problem. I only find "No Items" to be annoying on the "All attacks are devastating: Beat the enemy captains" levels since I normally spam the bow or on any levels that have Deku Babas littering the map.

Did you A rank Master Quest? If so, which do you think was harder? MQ or AM?

Btw, kinda dissapointed at yet another adventure map for the Twilight pack.

CBTech

Did you A rank Master Quest? If so, which do you think was harder? MQ or AM?

Btw, kinda dissapointed at yet another adventure map for the Twilight pack.

I have not A ranked either map yet, though I've A ranked most squares. The only maps I don't have A ranks are the beat x amount of enemies in 10 minutes. I'm not very good at those maps. Even though I didn't think the Master Quest challenges added that much difficulty, they certainly made it harder then the original. I think there was only one map on the Adventure Map that I got stuck on for awhile. There were 2 or 3 on the Master Quest map.

At least the Twilight adventure map looks like it is in an entirely different layout. If they recycled the original map for a 3rd time I would be annoyed.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Does this mean I can't use my Link Amiibo yet? I just got it and don't have Smash or Mario Kart (not sure if MK uses it yet now if HW isn't using it) and was trying to use it for the new weapon, but nothing's happening.
MK has support, HW will get it with the upcoming patch.

TheMoon

Does this mean I can't use my Link Amiibo yet? I just got it and don't have Smash or Mario Kart (not sure if MK uses it yet now if HW isn't using it) and was trying to use it for the new weapon, but nothing's happening.

Obviously that's the case. How is the game supposed to know what that even is without an update. 1.3.0 came out before we even knew about amiibo support.

Dryk

I'm so stuck on the level where you have to use Fi and beat Volga and Argorok at once. The instant I turn my back on one of them they kick the shit out of me. Any ideas?

TunaLover

Is there any new stage on the next update?

Also increasing MAX level would make this game pretty easy, I already on 99 with Link, and Evil's Bane, it's laughable easy get KO even with bosses.

TunaLover

I'm so stuck on the level where you have to use Fi and beat Volga and Argorok at once. The instant I turn my back on one of them they kick the shit out of me. Any ideas?
What character/weapon are you using? what level? and could you indicate the row-column?

Griss

Well, I'm glad I checked the OP before buying the DLC for 20 dollars. I had assumed the Link and Zelda costumes were a part of it. Jesus, I hate retailer pre-order DLC.

Making my way through adventure mode now. Very frustrating playing a map again and again for an A rank and thinking 'maybe I simply need to be a higher level to do this' or 'maybe I need a better weapon'. You aren't sure that failure is your fault, and sometimes battles go on forever, no matter how well you play. One level where Fi has to fight the Imprisoned in a tiny room is just ridiculous. Thing can electrify the entire room, and I can barely damage it at all.

Also kind of disappointed that it has become apparent that the adventure mode squares are pretty much 4 or 5 kinds of scenarios repeated on different maps. The levels where you have to beat a certain amount of enemies while the game throws bosses and generals at you again and again are just obnoxious. The quiz levels were so promising, but sadly undeveloped and simple, and barely a quiz at all. The best adventure mode scenarios are the ones where you're trapped between two factions who send everything at your base and have to multi-task furiously. That's the game at its best. Still, the meta-game in adventure mode could use some serious improvement in a lot of ways. Lots they could do with a sequel here. Not sure if I'll buy the DLC if it's just more of the same since the costumes I want aren't there.

I'm glad I'm still playing though, because each new unlocked character is a pleasure. I mean just so goddamn inventive it's crazy. I have no idea what's going on with Agitha, but it's fun to watch her freak out when you press the buttons, lol.

Well, I'm glad I checked the OP before buying the DLC for 20 dollars. I had assumed the Link and Zelda costumes were a part of it. Jesus, I hate retailer pre-order DLC.

Making my way through adventure mode now. Very frustrating playing a map again and again for an A rank and thinking 'maybe I simply need to be a higher level to do this' or 'maybe I need a better weapon'. You aren't sure that failure is your fault, and sometimes battles go on forever, no matter how well you play. One level where Fi has to fight the Imprisoned in a tiny room is just ridiculous. Thing can electrify the entire room, and I can barely damage it at all.

Also kind of disappointed that it has become apparent that the adventure mode squares are pretty much 4 or 5 kinds of scenarios repeated on different maps. The levels where you have to beat a certain amount of enemies while the game throws bosses and generals at you again and again are just obnoxious. The quiz levels were so promising, but sadly undeveloped and simple, and barely a quiz at all. The meta-game in adventure mode could use some serious improvement in a lot of ways. Not sure if I'll buy the DLC if it's just more of the same since the costumes I want aren't there.

I'm glad I'm still playing though, because each new unlocked character is a pleasure. I mean just so goddamn inventive it's crazy. I have no idea what's going on with Agitha, but it's fun to watch her freak out when you press the buttons, lol.

Luckily I think Koei seemed to realise that the minion killing scenarios are rubbish as the MasterQuest Adventure map doesn't use them at all, instead replacing them an infinitely more fun version of it where you're simply going absolutely bananas with magic jars dropping like candy. Often you need to kill a captain or boss to make more spawn but because you spend most of the fight in powered-up mode, they're not that troublesome :p And when stuff does spawn it pretty much spawns ontop of you so you don't need to go hauling around the map like in the old ones either.

So far the most brutal MQ ones seem to be the 'don't get hit' ones, which unlike the 'every hit is lethal' ones, only affects you (aka enemies take normal damage, any hit you take will destroy your hp bar) :p Luckily you don't get ranked on KOs in them so it's kind of like a weirdly cautious speed-run XD I quite liked the old ones though.

I'm curious to see how they mix up the formula again in the Twilight Map. Someone's already mentioned there's squares where you can't use your specials or magic, though I don't lean too heavily on either of them usually so that doesn't mix stuff up much for me :eek:

TunaLover

Also kind of disappointed that it has become apparent that the adventure mode squares are pretty much 4 or 5 kinds of scenarios repeated on different maps. The levels where you have to beat a certain amount of enemies while the game throws bosses and generals at you again and again are just obnoxious. The quiz levels were so promising, but sadly undeveloped and simple, and barely a quiz at all. The best adventure mode scenarios are the ones where you're trapped between two factions who send everything at your base and have to multi-task furiously. That's the game at its best. Still, the meta-game in adventure mode could use some serious improvement in a lot of ways. Lots they could do with a sequel here. Not sure if I'll buy the DLC if it's just more of the same since the costumes I want aren't there.

I enjoy playing the first quest in adventure mode, then it get monotonous, just grinding to level up your character, get more powerful weapons, the maps just have too many squares, it's a nightmare for OCD people =P.

I would prefer that extra stuff were included in Legend Mode (Dark Forces parallel paths were great), I seriously I'm not enjoying Adventure Maps at this point =/

Dryk

Don't like the route the game is taking, looks to be even more grinding instead something new, like alternative paths on Legend Mode...
Row 5, the right-most column. You need to use Fi (I have the True Goddess Blade) to defeat:

- Fiery Aeralfos + Redead Knight + Redead Knight
- Wizzro + Redead Knight
- Fiery Aeralfos + Volga + Argorok

I can do fine up until the last room, where I can't get my head around fighting both of them in close quarters at once

NeonZ

I can do fine up until the last room, where I can't get my head around fighting both of them in close quarters at once

I've finished both the original Adventure mode and Master Quest, but its been a few weeks now since I played the original Adventure mode. Are there jars in that level? You can use a special attack during the focus spirit (manually triggered, not the automatic one) to knock down any enemy straight to the weak point state. That applies even to giant bosses.

Alternatively, a boomerang can stun standard enemies for a while, although I guess it'd be problematic there since you'd need to quickly switch to the hookshot in order to hit Argorok.

Also, how many stars does your true goddess sword have? Is it just the base one?

Dryk

3 stars, I can get Argorok down to about 10-20% with one weak point smash. But that currently takes me two tries to get. I need to practise getting the gauge down with Fi.

Joei

Just started playing this recently and love it, but I have a few questions. When doing Legend mode, on the right side of the screen in the scenario select, it'll have some pictures of hearts and heart pieces and skulltula's, etc., does that mean that that board has a heart and a heart piece acquirable by the character displayed next to it? For example, I've played the first level of the game as Link, I got the skulltula and that's checked off, but I still see a full heart and a heart piece with Link's image next to them, so are those items still on the board to acquire by Link only? If so, how do you go about finding them? Not specific to that level, but just in general. Similar question to Adventure mode in that on the map it has heart pieces on the map, but some have question marks by them, some have pictures of Link by them, some have some other picture I'm not sure of what by them. For the first level, it'll have a picture of a heart piece on the map, but not in the Treasure box up top, I'm not sure what that all means. Lastly, when I go to select Link when I pick a level I can pick between the Hylian Sword or Magic Rod, but when I select one, there are a bunch of choices that pop up... uh, why? Some have no stars, some on have 1 star, some have 2, etc. They all seem to have different strength numbers as well. Any reason for me to not just pick the strongest weapon? Sorry if that seems to have been a ramble, thanks a lot for any help!

MK has support, HW will get it with the upcoming patch.

Thanks!

Just started playing this recently and love it, but I have a few questions. When doing Legend mode, on the right side of the screen in the scenario select, it'll have some pictures of hearts and heart pieces and skulltula's, etc., does that mean that that board has a heart and a heart piece acquirable by the character displayed next to it? For example, I've played the first level of the game as Link, I got the skulltula and that's checked off, but I still see a full heart and a heart piece with Link's image next to them, so are those items still on the board to acquire by Link only? If so, how do you go about finding them? Not specific to that level, but just in general. Similar question to Adventure mode in that on the map it has heart pieces on the map, but some have question marks by them, some have pictures of Link by them, some have some other picture I'm not sure of what by them. For the first level, it'll have a picture of a heart piece on the map, but not in the Treasure box up top, I'm not sure what that all means. Lastly, when I go to select Link when I pick a level I can pick between the Hylian Sword or Magic Rod, but when I select one, there are a bunch of choices that pop up... uh, why? Some have no stars, some on have 1 star, some have 2, etc. They all seem to have different strength numbers as well. Any reason for me to not just pick the strongest weapon? Sorry if that seems to have been a ramble, thanks a lot for any help!

Yes.

Heart containers and pieces are found by capturing keeps, bombing rocks and other means. Keep a look out, though hearts are that important in HW.

The stars indicate a weapons strength. Some weapons have bonuses like materials+. When choosing a weapon, choose whatever you suits you best: do you want loads of strength or a little less strength and more cash and exp?

Dryk

8 more levels in the upper-right hand corner of the first Adventure Map, two hard Skulltulas left in Legend Mode. Almost made it to a well deserved break :3

For example, I've played the first level of the game as Link, I got the skulltula and that's checked off, but I still see a full heart and a heart piece with Link's image next to them, so are those items still on the board to acquire by Link only?
Yes, the red chests with the heart peices will only appear when playing as the specified warrior. If you're not or if you already got them they show up as brown chests with rupees in them.

In Legend Mode some of them appear when capture keeps and some of them are under bombable rocks. In Adventure Mode they're always obtained by capturing keeps.

Similar question to Adventure mode in that on the map it has heart pieces on the map, but some have question marks by them, some have pictures of Link by them, some have some other picture I'm not sure of what by them.
They'll always have the Warrior they apply to in the bottom right-hand corner of the icon. The question marks are warriors you don't have yet.

Lastly, when I go to select Link when I pick a level I can pick between the Hylian Sword or Magic Rod, but when I select one, there are a bunch of choices that pop up... uh, why? Some have no stars, some on have 1 star, some have 2, etc. They all seem to have different strength numbers as well. Any reason for me to not just pick the strongest weapon? Sorry if that seems to have been a ramble, thanks a lot for any help!
Each weapon level has a base strength, then each star increases that strength (by 10% I believe). Eventually you've unlock the Level 2 and 3 swords and rods, which even at 0 stars are much stronger than a 5 star Knights Sword or Magic Rod. The weapons can also have skills, the most basic of which are Strength <number> with increase the strength of one of your combo attacks. For example: Strength III increases your weak, weak, strong combo (C3). Strength IV increases your weak, weak, weak, strong combo (C4). There are other skills that increase the stars/number of slots of dropped weapons, or the number of dropped rupees, materials or hearts.

What I don't know, is how big the Strength skill increase compared to an extra star. If Strength III on a 3 star weapon gives you a stronger YYX combo than a skill-less 4 star weapon then there's reason to use them if you use that attack a lot. Otherwise the other weapons are there to be sold, have their skills transferred to stronger weapons or the occassional use for grinding materials/rupees/exp

Joei

very helpful information

Thanks for the info, that helps clarify things a lot! I'm still very early in the game, but I am enjoying it. Playing it makes my psyched for the next Zelda (hoping next year)! I also got the Link Amiibo so I'm looking forward to using that as well.

Neo Dark

Will we be using this thread for the TP pack or will there be a new OT like Mario Kart?

Probably this thread. The reason MK8 got a DLC thread was probably because it also has an online community so they wanted to make a thread that catered to stuff like tournaments. We didn't have an OT for the Master Quest DLC either.

Dryk

Well, the good news is that I've only got one Adventure Mode square to complete. The bad news is that it's the one where you have to kill 1000 enemies in 10 minutes with Agitha...

Top Bottom