• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Dreavus

Why would you not be able to scan it on any Wii U?

The game just wants to know
"is this Link?"
"yes" => give Spinner

I dunno, I was thinking it could conceivably flag it once it's used or something like that. If it doesn't, then that's good news.

Kinsei

Banned
I'm loving the new Impa (SS) and Wizzro (Flying Guardian from SS) recolors.

I'm convinced that some of these missions were designed with the increased level cap in mind. The mission to get Impa's new recolor in particular. I have no clue how I'm going to A rank that without getting Impa or Zelda to level 100+.

Scanned my amiibo just now.

Today Link gave me a Magical Rod, which I guess means after the first time you scan him, the weapons will be random.

Peach gave me an Epona of Time.

CBTech

Wow, the damage on the Twilight maps have been significantly increased. It is actually frustrating. A single hit by any enemy takes off at least 4 hearts off of my level 70 characters. Makes getting A ranks much harder. I don't get hit much, but when 2-3 hits will cost you an A, that can get rough.

Richie

The spinner had me grinning like a child on Christmas' morning. Well damn worth the price of the Link Amiibo on its own. Sweet ca-razy mayhem.

I just unlocked the Great Fairy too. God freakin' damn does this game excel at over the top moveset ideas or what. Man, that ending animation where she sexually teases an uncomfortable Link. This game.

daydream

Banned
Borrow from a friend! I borrowed my friend's Kirby to unlock his racing suit in Mario Kart 8 today. Love that this is allowed -- making it better than regular DLC cause of sharing.

Don't have any friends who've kept up with gaming after the PS2 era (except one guy who's solely into Sony consoles).

We'll see, I may get Toon Link, I may wait for N to release their alternative to the figures (pog-like chips would be perfect).

CBTech

The Twilight Adventure map is the first time I'm not having fun playing this game. I love the new scenarios, but it feels like the levels are all set to Hero difficulty. The amount of damage you take from minions is ridiculous and captains of course do even more damage. My characters are level 70 with 5 star tier 3 weapons which feels like should be the sweet spot. I know they raised the level cap, but I don't think that the difficulty scaling is appropriate. I was able to complete all of the challenges in the Master Quest map around level 60-70, so it shouldn't feel like I need 30 more levels before I can deal with enemies in a reasonable manner.

I love all of the new weapons this DLC. Spinner, Dominion Rod, and Twili Midna are really fun to play.

After a LONG month-break from playing this, I finally ended Story mode. Yay--

I'll proceed to finish all Adventure Mode stages. I don't know if it'll be possible to finish all stages with A rank but at least I want to get all weapons and characters.

Oh, and
Twilight Princess Midna
is just... wonderful.

Am I alone in thinking this game is way too hard to get any of the cool content? It's not difficult to win any of the maps but the criteria for getting A's is just impossible to me.

Am I alone in thinking this game is way too hard to get any of the cool content? It's not difficult to win any of the maps but the criteria for getting A's is just impossible to me.

If by cool content you mean level 1 weapons and characters then not really. If you mean the level 3 weapons then yeah, but whatever, they don't matter.

So, I finally finished the story mode after a long break from the game.

Is there a fast and easy way to unlock the remaining characters in Adventure Mode?

I don't have any of the DLC yet, if that makes any difference.

TheMoon

So, I finally finished the story mode after a long break from the game.

Is there a fast and easy way to unlock the remaining characters in Adventure Mode?

I don't have any of the DLC yet, if that makes any difference.

fast and easy? no.

adventure mode is what takes up most of the time in that game. replaying stages for items to unlock rewards on the map, replaying stages for better rankings to unlock all paths, replaying stages because some are incredibly hard. it's gonna take time.

fast and easy? no.

adventure mode is what takes up most of the time in that game. replaying stages for items to unlock rewards on the map, replaying stages for better rankings to unlock all paths, replaying stages because some are incredibly hard. it's gonna take time.

Oh, okay, thanks for clearing that up. I thought I could just go for those specific stages which unlock characters. Oh well, looks like I need to invest some more hours into this game. ;)

The closest thing to a trick that I'm aware of is abusing two player mode. Character specific or character locked missions can be pretty hard if you have neglected that character so one trick some people use is to do solo-two player. You take the required character and hide them somewhere safe and then as player 2 you use your main character and run a train over the enemies. However this changes the A-Rank requirements or something. I wouldn't know since I never used this trick although it was tempting...Damn Darunia tierl 3 weapon...

Moblins! Moblins everywhere!! And everything is in danger!

^ It doesn't change the A-rank requirements. The damage taken and KOs are split between the two characters but if you're doing solo-two player it wouldn't matter.

Wow okay A ranking the TP maps is not fun. I guess I'm just supposed to abuse the guard breaker potion for A ranks.. brb ill let you know how much easier everything is/isnt

edit: also the dividing enemy maps are pretty decent for quick leveling. esp. for twili midna since she can wreck those super fast

this game is harder than I expected

not really the enemies I just get lost and lose members fast

got to read up some guides servers me right for being so late to the party

How long is legend mode?

And can anyone who's played this game and Battle Quest (Zelda mini-game on Nintendo Land) draw a comparison between the co-op experience of both games for newbie gamers? My GF will be using the Wii Mote to waggle through enemies like she did on Battle Quest. Thank you.

How long is legend mode?

And can anyone who's played this game and Battle Quest (Zelda mini-game on Nintendo Land) draw a comparison between the co-op experience of both games for newbie gamers? My GF will be using the Wii Mote to waggle through enemies like she did on Battle Quest. Thank you.

The wii mote experience is a lot less waggle than Nintendo land. Infact you're basically playing only with the buttons except waggle is the combo button

bobohoro

I really can't even imagine waggling my way through combos. That just seems incredibly uncomfortable. But I was never really that much into those motion controls anyway, so I might be pretty biased.

But the game can be pretty easily learned with traditional button pressing as well. On easy, all your GF needs to start out is the analog stick for movement and the light attack buttons for a normal combo attack. That's pretty much it. Later on you can introduce her to heavy attacks and combo enders as well as evade/dash and further down the road you have specials/magic and targetting. By then Normal and even Hard difficulty shouldn't be a problem with a decently leveled character. Musou games aren't really all that hard to learn from a input perspective, it's more the strategical part, knowing what to do when, what to prioritise and having a constant overview of the situation that requires a certain amount of experience and skill.

NeonZ

My brother uses the wiimote with this game. It seems to work decently enough, he just bases the timing of the strong attacks on the animation, rather than button presses.

My brother uses the wiimote with this game. It seems to work decently enough, he just bases the timing of the strong attacks on the animation, rather than button presses.

You can do that with a regular controller as well.

In no scenario is the Wii remote a better choice in any regard than a regular controller for Hyrule Warriors.

Thanks! I wouldn't wxpect adventure mode maps to be the best places to farm. I've been repeating free mode maps. For example, Sorceress in the Forest has a ton of Gibdos for characters whose badges require a Gibdo Bandage.

Sagitario

WOW at the amount of damage dealt by the enemies in the TP map. It wouldn't be so bad if the damage requirement for A ranks wasn't so low (most I have encountered so far require <5000) or if it was cheaper/faster to level up.

I did (more like tried several times) a level 8 mission for Ganondorf (you have to kill 2 dark Lizalfos, 2 dark Shieks and 3 dark Ghirahims, damaging each group simultaneously). The character was level 60-70 and one hit took half of the hearts bar.

CBTech

WOW at the amount of damage dealt by the enemies in the TP map. It wouldn't be so bad if the damage requirement for A ranks wasn't so low (most I have encountered so far require <5000) or if it was cheaper/faster to level up.

I did (more like tried several times) a level 8 mission for Ganondorf (you have to kill 2 dark Lizalfos, 2 dark Shieks and 3 dark Ghirahims, damaging each group simultaneously). The character was level 60-70 and one hit took half of the hearts bar.

Yeah, they planned the difficulty curve poorly for the Twilight map. I suspect it would be fine if you were 90+, but I was naturally around 70 when I finished the Master Quest map. I love the scenarios though. A lot of new interesting ones.

fernoca

Dumb question probably, but...

I gifted a code for the Hyrule Warriors Pack to a friend. But he's telling me that it doesn't let him redeem it because he needs to download something. I told him to make sure the game's updated and try again. Anything else?

EDIT:
Yep, it needed to be updated.

If by cool content you mean level 1 weapons and characters then not really. If you mean the level 3 weapons then yeah, but whatever, they don't matter.

I only just now unlocked Zant... It just takes forever to get your guys powered up enough to be able to take on certain courses. My Link is level 60 and just mows through everything (mainly because the Master Sword is pretty OP). Stages like the one where you have to use Fi to take on several rooms of Captain-level enemies, ending with an Imprisoned...that is just unfair.

Yeah those simultaneous things are not fun at all. At least the dividing enemy maps lets you level up fairly quickly and they did increase material drop rate greatly. I've been using the gold mats from those dividing maps to do the +weapon drops then getting more rupees for selling them while also gaining levels from killing the dividing enemies. Not super exciting but its the only feasible way to get characters high enough level for an A rank that is doable

I only just now unlocked Zant... It just takes forever to get your guys powered up enough to be able to take on certain courses. My Link is level 60 and just mows through everything (mainly because the Master Sword is pretty OP). Stages like the one where you have to use Fi to take on several rooms of Captain-level enemies, ending with an Imprisoned...that is just unfair.

Nah, unlocking Zant and the other characters is easy albeit a little time consuming in my opinion. Did you go the easy way? Most levels don't require you to get an A-rank to get to Zant and the other characters. If you go directly left from where you begin on the board, you're gonna have to do some pretty tough levels iirc, but if you go around and get Agitha and then move downwards, it's much easier. You can do it with level 25-40 characters for sure.

Getting the last two level 1 weapons is pretty tough though. Harder than it should be.

Nah, unlocking Zant and the other characters is easy albeit a little time consuming in my opinion. Did you go the easy way? Most levels don't require you to get an A-rank to get to Zant and the other characters. If you go directly left from where you begin on the board, you're gonna have to do some pretty tough levels iirc, but if you go around and get Agitha and then move downwards, it's much easier. You can do it with level 25-40 characters for sure.

Getting the last two level 1 weapons is pretty tough though. Harder than it should be.

I think part of my problem is that I'm not planning my routes well. I usually don't care for guides but I'm not grasping this well.

llehuty

I think part of my problem is that I'm not planning my routes well. I usually don't care for guides but I'm not grasping this well.

Just check ways of getting to the desired spots with C or B rankings first. Also check that you are doing low level stages (in the description on the stage at the bottom of the screen). Avoid at all costs one that involves Fi and a Imprisoned.

Also, I suggest spending rupees leveling up when you find some stages hard. If you are still having problems, go to Legend mode and try to get the skulltulas or hearts in hard mode to grind a bit.

Top Bottom