• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looks like the Toon Link amiibo will also unlock the spinner

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/zelda/update.html

I need to find more time to play this; finally made it through the prologue to the game splits.

So does that imply the other Amiibos do in fact give different weapons? I mean if all the Zelda characters just gave you a Spinner, they would have said so right?

Or does it say that they all give the Spinner?

I might actually complete both of the Adventure Mode maps before the next pack comes out, since I opted not to try and 100% Bayo 1 and 2 before Smash 4 comes out. Not that I'll be getting to the TP pack stuff anyways if it doesn't come out before the 21st.

Cause once Smash comes out, I think the rest of my gaming time will be monopolized.

NeonZ

So does that imply the other Amiibos do in fact give different weapons? I mean if all the Zelda characters just gave you a Spinner, they would have said so right?

Or does it say that they all give the Spinner?

No, it just says that they give weapons(which is different from the description of the other Amiibo), the spinner isn't mentioned regarding the other Amiibos, aside from Toon Link.

I guess Zelda and Sheik will just get new weapon tiers/skins though, rather than actually new weapon types for each Amiibo, considering how they just have that generic "weapons" description.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Saw this in another thread:

http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/line-up/#/hyrule_warriors

-Tap the Link™ amiibo figure to receive a new weapon to use in battle: the Spinner from The Legend of Zelda™: Twilight Princess game.
-Tap the Zelda™ amiibo figure once per day to get a weapon rated 3 stars or higher.
-Tap any other amiibo figure once per day to get a weapon rated 3 starts or lower, Rupee bonus or crafting material bonus.

Software update coming in late November 2014 will add amiibo functionality.

Neo Dark

Saw this in another thread:

http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/line-up/#/hyrule_warriors

-Tap the Link™ amiibo figure to receive a new weapon to use in battle: the Spinner from The Legend of Zelda™: Twilight Princess game.
-Tap the Zelda™ amiibo figure once per day to get a weapon rated 3 stars or higher.
-Tap any other amiibo figure once per day to get a weapon rated 3 starts or lower, Rupee bonus or crafting material bonus.

Software update coming in late November 2014 will add amiibo functionality.

Yeah.. a bit disappointing... that leaves the question of Toon Link and Shiek though

Thankies Niraj :3
Sounds like the Zelda amiibo will be an easy way to farm decent weapons, though I do worry about how many slots those freebies would get :eek:
I also noticed that the 'update site' has the amiibo stuff under the date 6th December 2014

Over half-way through the month and still no info on the twilight princess pack aside from the data-mining, though :eek:
I know they've apparently been pretty quiet before the previous patch, but I'm itching for some kind of reveal about anything from it XD

Penguin

I got this game during Target's B2G1 sale last week.

And honestly just expected it to be a fun little diversion but I am so addicted to this game. It's just fun and feels great.

All the different characters and their play style. Adventure Mode is sweet for a quick pick up and play session. I enjoy learning new combos and seeing what type of animation they get.

It's just a blast through and through so far

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Yeah.. a bit disappointing... that leaves the question of Toon Link and Shiek though

I think Toon Link just unlocks the spinner as well, but I could be wrong. Wouldn't be surprised if Sheik was the same as Zelda.

Thankies Niraj :3
Sounds like the Zelda amiibo will be an easy way to farm decent weapons, though I do worry about how many slots those freebies would get :eek:
I also noticed that the 'update site' has the amiibo stuff under the date 6th December 2014

Over half-way through the month and still no info on the twilight princess pack aside from the data-mining, though :eek:
I know they've apparently been pretty quiet before the previous patch, but I'm itching for some kind of reveal about anything from it XD

No problem :)

Yeah, I really want more info on the DLC packs. I haven't gotten any of them yet, since I've been playing other stuff (and will be busy with Smash), but I can see myself picking up all 4 before the year is over so I can play during the typical early year lull. I just want to know the new characters lol. Since they haven't said anything about the TP pack and there's only two Thursdays left...I'd guess the 27th. Probably don't want to draw attention away from Smash.

Neo Dark

What question? Toon Link = Link. Sheik = Zelda. Expect the exact same functions.

Well that's what everyone would naturally assume but getting an official confirmation would help. Plus remember that it isn't like Nintendo hasn't messed up information on Hyrule Warriors before *cough* eshop DLC release date *cough*

NeonZ

Well that's what everyone would naturally assume but getting an official confirmation would help. Plus remember that it isn't like Nintendo hasn't messed up information on Hyrule Warriors before *cough* eshop DLC release date *cough*

Toon Link is confirmed to work exactly like Link in the Japanese site already.

Dryk

Up to 103/128 Adventure mode squares finished now. Mostly Level 3 weapon levels and a whole slew of Agitha (and a Zant) duel trials I need to somehow get A on.

Any level that requires you to fight Volga and another hero can go die in a fire, especially when the other one is Wizzro and you can only kill Wizzro

We are at least going to get an amiibo patch on the 21st because otherwise the amiibos won't work with the game... hopefully this is the same day we get the Twilight princess DLC

NeonZ

We are at least going to get an amiibo patch on the 21st because otherwise the amiibos won't work with the game... hopefully this is the same day we get the Twilight princess DLC

I don't think they'd release the pack out of nowhere like that. I guess we'll get news and screens about it that week and the release itself will be in the week after that.

I got this game during Target's B2G1 sale last week.

And honestly just expected it to be a fun little diversion but I am so addicted to this game. It's just fun and feels great.

All the different characters and their play style. Adventure Mode is sweet for a quick pick up and play session. I enjoy learning new combos and seeing what type of animation they get.

It's just a blast through and through so far

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you, except I picked up the game for the double coins promotion and I'm a huge Zelda fan. I was reading a thread, I think about the gamepad, and there was a Gaffer playing it in co-op with his sister. Thanks to that guy, I started playing with my sister. I didn't think she'd enjoy it that much because she's not a fan of fast twitchy action games, but she has a great time playing it. She says its just enough of a button masher that she can get into it.

Couple questions though. I registered the game on Club Nintendo, just before the Double Coins promo ended. I remember something about unlocking Ganondorf's costumes being a CN exclusive thing. I haven't even unlocked him yet, but I'm not sure if I actually got any kind of notice. Anyone know? Am I too late?

When doing Adventure with two players. Does P2's stats affect the ranking at all? I've tried doing a couple Adventure levels but I'm not sure if her losing hearts or her KO count has affected me at all. I recently read that for the most part, A Rank requirements are generally lose less than 10 hearts, 1200 KOs, and complete it in less than 15 minutes.

When doing Adventure with two players. Does P2's stats affect the ranking at all? I've tried doing a couple Adventure levels but I'm not sure if her losing hearts or her KO count has affected me at all. I recently read that for the most part, A Rank requirements are generally lose less than 10 hearts, 1200 KOs, and complete it in less than 15 minutes.

Yes, for ranks you share both health and KO's.

CBTech

I am having a very difficult time getting the Hard mode Skulltula for "Ganondorf's Return". The trigger is "Capture all keeps, then defeat Lizalfos, Aeralfos and 2 Giant Bosses". I assume you need the keeps captured while you defeat the enemies, but I just cannot get it to trigger. Also I take it is any Lizalfos since there isn't a special Lizalfos on the map.

I am having a very difficult time getting the Hard mode Skulltula for "Ganondorf's Return". The trigger is "Capture all keeps, then defeat Lizalfos, Aeralfos and 2 Giant Bosses". I assume you need the keeps captured while you defeat the enemies, but I just cannot get it to trigger. Also I take it is any Lizalfos since there isn't a special Lizalfos on the map.

I believe it is referring to the Lizalfos and Aeralfos that spawn after you capture Arbiter's Keep. Basically what I did is capture everything that I could as I went, and then once you capture Arbiter's Keep and spawn the two giant bosses, go kill them and the marked Lizalfos/Aeralfos (I think they're the powered-up ones).

Griss

Well, it finally arrived after 20 days of waiting! Damn you transatlantic free post!

Anyway, I was seriously worried I wouldn't like this game after trying and not liking other Musou games. Decided I'd play for half an hour before dinner. Ended up playing a bit longer than that - felt like about an hour. It was 2 hours 40 minutes - I was completely hooked. That doesn't happen unless I'm going to really, really enjoy a game so I'm delighted. Took me a while to find my feet in the first two levels but once you 'get it' - get what the game wants you to do and how to manipulate the flow of battle - the game becomes so much fun.

Impressions:
-Visually a mixed bag. Looks pretty ropey in action at times, with low-poly enemies and some pop-in, but wonderful in cutscenes or when characters are up close. The environments are mixed too; the first level looked bad, the next two pretty good. Same with animations, some (running) are poor, others (your attacks) are awesome. I guess you have to make compromises when your game revolves around massive amounts of characters on screen.
(Isn't that right, Ubisoft?)

-The fanservice is already great. (4 levels in.) The music, the references, everything. This is the main reason I bought the game, and it doesn't disappoint.

-The story is dumber than a box of rocks. I don't mind, as it's not really taking itself seriously, which always saves a bad story. I was wondering how they'd get around Link being mute. I thought 'I hope they don't give him a dumb fairy or something as a proxy'. They did exactly that... but were brazen enough to call her 'Proxi'. I can't hate on something as silly as that.

-The combat feels great. Weighty and responsive. This is 90% of the game, so it was important that they got that right and they did. Very happy with this.

-I do have issues with the camera, though. It's too jerky, it's not raised high enough, and I can't change it to be inverted for some reason. That setting appears to do nothing. Almost all of my gameplay issues at the moment are to do with the camera, which apparently is a common thing for Musou games.

-One thing I hate in Japanese games is those odd vocalisations performed alongside over-obvious facial expressions. Well, I think I just found my new go-to example of that strange phenomenon in this game.

-The amount of things to level up / unlock / collect is amazing. In a game like this that matters a lot, and it's clear that there's mountains of stuff to collect and do.

-The character designs are mixed. Link looks good, Impa is 10/10, Zelda is probably the weakest looking she's ever been, Lana is like something out of those odd Japanese idol games and completely out of place, and even as a fan of DoA I was shocked at Cia's chest. Looking forward to seeing their takes on other characters.

-My biggest regret and issue with the game is one I knew I'd have - that the game was entirely spoiled by the pre-release reveals. Granted, if not for those reveals I may not have bought the game, but if I didn't know what characters were in the game or what kind of level was coming next I'd really be on the edge of my seat anticipating it. I also wouldn't have expected more than 5 playable characters so each one further would have been such a bonus for me.
Ruto would have blown my god damn mind. Still can't wait to see her.
Oh well, though. They had to sell the game somehow.

Thanks to anyone in other threads who convinced me to give this a look. Might check back in if I have any questions, but the game seems pleasingly straightforward so far.

CBTech

Turns out that the skulltula trigger for that level was to kill all Lizalfos and Aeralfos on the map, not just the marked ones. When I was having trouble I was missing a couple of stragglers I didn't kill.

Bombless

Aww ysss!
B2r9vYDIAAASOt6.jpg:large

D-Pad

Aww ysss!
B2r9vYDIAAASOt6.jpg:large

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Griss said:
-I do have issues with the camera, though. It's too jerky, it's not raised high enough, and I can't change it to be inverted for some reason. That setting appears to do nothing. Almost all of my gameplay issues at the moment are to do with the camera, which apparently is a common thing for Musou games.

Make sure you hit confirm or nothing will save, iirc. I play on inverted too. Inverted for life! \o

Golnei

So, is Midna the character and not the weapon for the pack? I'm a little disappointed to see it end up like that; especially since it means we're likely going to get yet another weapon for Link rather than a separate character - though it's still good to finally have confirmation of a playable Twili Midna.

Dryk

-The story is dumber than a box of rocks. I don't mind, as it's not really taking itself seriously, which always saves a bad story.
It descends so far into author-insert fan-fiction during the Epilogue chapter that it's hard not to like it

Also depending on how much pre-release material you saw there may yet be a few surprises waiting for you in Adventure mode.

Dreavus

snip*

-My biggest regret and issue with the game is one I knew I'd have - that the game was entirely spoiled by the pre-release reveals. Granted, if not for those reveals I may not have bought the game, but if I didn't know what characters were in the game or what kind of level was coming next I'd really be on the edge of my seat anticipating it. I also wouldn't have expected more than 5 playable characters so each one further would have been such a bonus for me.
Ruto would have blown my god damn mind. Still can't wait to see her.
Oh well, though. They had to sell the game somehow.

Thanks to anyone in other threads who convinced me to give this a look. Might check back in if I have any questions, but the game seems pleasingly straightforward so far.

I'll agree with that. They definitely went nuts with the marketing, which is great for getting the game out there, but the side effect was that almost nothing was left as a surprise. The only thing that I came across that I didn't remember seeing before was probably the very last boss encounter, which seems crazy because this game isn't exactly short on things to do.

incase nobody noticed it: Twilight Princess pack release date is global. So that's the 27th November whether you live in EU, US or Japan :3

Neo Dark

So, is Midna the character and not the weapon for the pack? I'm a little disappointed to see it end up like that; especially since it means we're likely going to get yet another weapon for Link rather than a separate character - though it's still good to finally have confirmation of a playable Twili Midna.

She's a character by herself https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKmKGDgYTg

Also... from that post
For one of the costumes, you can dress Link up as a certain familiar character from the Zelda series. It may make you say ""Wow!"" so I hope you'll look forward to it.

What do you think Link will be able to look as? Maybe Hero's Spirit? Unless it's not specifically from TP, then maybe Tingle? Hopefully not lol

StAidan

I'm pretty stoked about Twili Midna, I really wanted her in as the new character but had convinced myself it wasn't going to happen.

Golnei

What do you think Link will be able to look as? Maybe Hero's Spirit? Unless it's not specifically from TP, then maybe Tingle? Hopefully not lol

It's probably the Hero's Shade, but a Tingle costume wouldn't look awful - as seen with Purlo, it's much less offensive when it's not on someone as grotesque as Tingle himself.

130px-Purlo.png

The inexplicably attractive, vaguely superheroic version of Tingle seen in concept art is also evidence of this.

tumblr_my5618Dwgb1qbqvd5o1_500.png

Neo Dark

It's probably the Hero's Shade, but a Tingle costume wouldn't look awful - as seen with Purlo, it's much less offensive when it's not on someone as grotesque as Tingle himself.

130px-Purlo.png

The inexplicably attractive, vaguely superheroic version of Tingle seen in concept art is also evidence of this.

tumblr_my5618Dwgb1qbqvd5o1_500.png

Still looks weird

I'm pretty stoked about Twili Midna, I really wanted her in as the new character but had convinced myself it wasn't going to happen.

Lol, I convinced myself the opposite. I was convinced that one of the 2 new characters had to be her. It only made sense. As for the other new character... I have no idea and don't really care is more than happy we're getting Twili Midna

Kinsei

Banned
I wonder what the second new costume will be. I feel like weakened Midna would be on the same tier as the recolors in the MQ pack, so I'm really drawing a blank here. Maybe an Ashei skin for Zelda? Her sword does look like a rapier. A Rutela skin for Ruto would be cool too.

Still looks weird

Lol, I convinced myself the opposite. I was convinced that one of the 2 new characters had to be her. It only made sense. As for the other new character... I have no idea and don't really care is more than happy we're getting Twili Midna

Uh, the TP pack only has one new character. The MM pack is the one with two.

Golnei

I wonder what the second new costume will be. I feel like weakened Midna would be on the same tier as the recolors in the MQ pack, so I'm really drawing a blank here. Maybe an Ashei skin for Zelda? Her sword does look like a rapier. A Rutela skin for Ruto would be cool too.

Rutela would probably be better suited for a texture swap, seeing how well the Lulu costume came out. After that, all Ruto is missing is an Oren / River Zora skin. Similarly, Darunia might get something based on Darbus / Fyrus.

Zelda's robe would be a good choice for a full TP costume, but it would probably have to be redesigned too heavily to allow full movement of the arms. Puppet Zelda would be an easy addition, but it might overlap too much with the preorder costumes.

Perhaps TP/Brawl Sheik? Though it might also be redundant, seeing as HW Sheik has absorbed some of that design's additions, such as the braid and torn cloth...

There's heaps of possibilities if they're taking concept art into account, but sadly I doubt that will happen - maybe we'll just get Lana in a yeti outfit.

Neo Dark

Uh, the TP pack only has one new character. The MM pack is the one with two.

Oh. You're right. I got them mixed up today. Ok... well then, a few weeks back when I wasn't sleepy and tired and forgetful, I was positively sure the character would be Midna in her true form lol. Only thing that made sense to me at the time xD
Probably got it mixed up with MM due to the new direct's 3D remake announcement and we started speculating what would be in the MM DLC pack

So it is Midna's true form after all, huh? Never understood why people love it so much, imo Midna's imp form is cooler and more unique. Could still be a fun character but I was hoping for someone else.

That message said "new weapons" with a plural, but I suppose it could just mean new weapons as in the 8bit stuff.

This is so cool! I can't wait to play as Midna!

HW is so addictive... I was curious when the game was announced, but I really didn't expect it to turn out so good. It came out of nowhere and became my GOTY.

Tingle costume for Link? That would be so weird... I hope they do it!

SoldnerKei

Twili Midna was a given, I was going for the weapon route, but as a character is fine to me

now the Link costume... dunno, familiar character? like tingle? I would love to see the Fierce Deity Mask costume, but that would make more sense for the Majora's Mask pack

Kinsei

Banned
Twili Midna was a given, I was going for the weapon route, but as a character is fine to me

now the Link costume... dunno, familiar character? like tingle? I would love to see the Fierce Deity Mask costume, but that would make more sense for the Majora's Mask pack

Tingle does seem to be something for the MM pack so I'm going to place my bets on Rusl or the Hero's Shade.

Golnei

Though in the event both costumes are for Link (which actually might not be all that unlikely), there's no way we won't get the sumo outfit as well.

tumblr_m7ut9s2Ysj1rwcpsqo1_500.gif

Top Bottom