• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

daripad

Guys, I have a question.

I'm on the second chapter in Hyrule Field using
Ganondorf and I have to beat Link and Zelda but I don't know what to do, both guys just keep reviving before I'm done with the other.

What am I supposed to do?

Bombless

Guys, I have a question.

I'm on the second chapter in Hyrule Field using
Ganondorf and I have to beat Link and Zelda but I don't know what to do, both guys just keep reviving before I'm done with the other.

What am I supposed to do?

You have to
beat them both to a sliver of life left and then finish them off at the same time.

daripad

You have to
beat them both to a sliver of life left and then finish them off at the same time.

lol I feel so dumb, thanks a lot :)

Oh, btw is it better to level up characters using the Shop or do I have to grind with them because otherwise their stats would not be as good?

No, use your money to level up. It won't weaken their power or anything, and forging weapons and badges need very little rupees anyway so burn it into the shop, especially if a character is lower than the rest of the cast. You will always have enough rupees for the aforementioned stuff.

Also really excited for Midna DLC. And we're getting another adventure map also. I'm shocked that I'm still playing this and getting my money's worth. I'm currently just going back trying to get skulltulas and heart pieces now. When Smash comes out I'm not sure I'll stop playing or not but it didn't stop me picking this back up after I completed Smash 3DS

taizuke

There's some stages in master quest where you need to reveal the hidden enemies. Usually this is done with the harp yet I can't see the butterflies even though the compass is pointing there's something there and the harp won't react. What gives?

llehuty

There's some stages in master quest where you need to reveal the hidden enemies. Usually this is done with the harp yet I can't see the butterflies even though the compass is pointing there's something there and the harp won't react. What gives?

If I remember correctly,
try with the flute. It's it one of the lake screens right?

taizuke

If I remember correctly,
try with the flute. It's it one of the lake screens right?

No. In all those stages there are no
lakes
. The compass just points at something invisible as if the butterflies were there but they can't be seen or interacted with.

Now there was one instace like the one you described but it was in Adventure mode.

lakes
. The compass just points at something invisible as if the butterflies were there but they can't be seen or interacted with.

Now there was one instace like the one you described but it was in Adventure mode.

If you ever get pointed at a random piece of environment with no obvious marker (e.g. butterflies) then it's probably the flute. Doesn't always have to be a lake, at least not in masterquest :p

CBTech

lakes

Yeah, in Master Quest, if you need to reveal enemies and there are no butterflies, then you always use the flute. It can be confusing because the compass will tell you it is on something like a bush, making you think to use the candle, when you really need to use the flute. Remember, revealing enemies either requires the harp when butterflies are present or the flute in all other situations.

lol I feel so dumb, thanks a lot :)

Oh, btw is it better to level up characters using the Shop or do I have to grind with them because otherwise their stats would not be as good?

Their stats are not effected by what method you use to level them up.

I just grind. Don't want to waste money on training.

?

Soooo, what do you use money on? No way all of your money goes towards making the badges; you'll run out of material long before you run out of money, and fusing isn't particularly expensive either.

Dryk

I'm at the point where levelling people up costs a lot of rupees, so I just save them until I can't beat a level and use a few hundred thousand then

CBTech

I have several million rupees that I need to spend leveling up some characters, though I'm at the point that everyone is high enough where it doesn't make too much of a difference.

I really love this game to just play while listening to podcasts or youtube videos. Monday I was home sick and just played HW for 8 hours while listening to Matthewmatosis's videos on the Zelda series and Metal Gear series. It was really nice.

I keep telling myself I won't 100% this game, but I'm almost done getting all of the skulltulas and then I'll probably cave and get all of the Heart Containers. I'm sure after that I'll cave and get the last remaining A ranks. Oh and the Twilight Princess DLC comes out next week. Nevermind, I'm playing this game forever.

daripad

Is the 20$ dlc pack including every dlc for this game? I finished legend mde yesterday and I see myself playing more but I still need to try adventure and challange mode :S

Dreavus

Is the 20$ dlc pack including every dlc for this game? I finished legend mde yesterday and I see myself playing more but I still need to try adventure and challange mode :S

Yes it's for all 4 packs coming out. The initial adventure map is pretty huge and I'd definitely recommend checking that out first.

All the major DLC, but it doesn't include the pre-order costume packs (OoT, TP, and SS Link/Zelda costumes), nor does it include the Ganondorf costumes that you could get by registering the game before a certain date. Those will be separate once they are put up for sale.

CBTech

For the new Adventure Mode maps, I definitely hope that they aren't just the Legend of Zelda map again. It worked for Master Quest, but it would be dull if reused again. Hopefully they'll make maps based on the TP and other games. I'll even take less squares for some change in scenery.

TunaLover

I think I still don't get the "Network Link has appeared", when a Link appears it generally rewards me with a weapon that I already have, it doesn't give me alot of rupies either, only material rewards seems to be worth the effort.

I'm finishing the Master Quest map (70% +/-), it wasn't so tought as I though, only the don't get hit missions and Zelda ones are really hard.

I think I still don't get the "Network Link has appeared", when a Link appears it generally rewards me with a weapon that I already have, it doesn't give me alot of rupies either, only material rewards seems to be worth the effort.

I'm finishing the Master Quest map (70% +/-), it wasn't so tought as I though, only the don't get hit missions and Zelda ones are really hard.

Come on brother, you're obviously not going to get brand new weapons or new tiers of weapons from a Network Link.

CBTech

The Master Quest challenges weren't too bad. I agree that the "don't get hit levels" are the most difficult, but it helps that KO count doesn't matter in those levels, so you can ignore most enemies. Speed run is pointless since it is really rare that a level takes more than 12 minutes much less 15. No healing can be annoying on some levels, but if you are good enough to A rank most stages it shouldn't be a problem. I only find "No Items" to be annoying on the "All attacks are devastating: Beat the enemy captains" levels since I normally spam the bow or on any levels that have Deku Babas littering the map.

TunaLover

The Master Quest challenges weren't too bad. I agree that the "don't get hit levels" are the most difficult, but it helps that KO count doesn't matter in those levels, so you can ignore most enemies. Speed run is pointless since it is really rare that a level takes more than 12 minutes much less 15. No healing can be annoying on some levels, but if you are good enough to A rank most stages it shouldn't be a problem. I only find "No Items" to be annoying on the "All attacks are devastating: Beat the enemy captains" levels since I normally spam the bow or on any levels that have Deku Babas littering the map.

Trying the one with Volga, didn't know KO doesn't matter, realized it after getting B rank =(
Anyway, will try to level up Volga, one of the things I learnt with this game is that you can't just rush the missions, first thing first unlock Link special 25.000 KO skill, and then grinding to unlock it for Volga -____-

CBTech

Trying the one with Volga, didn't know KO doesn't matter, realized it after getting B rank =(
Anyway, will try to level up Volga, one of the things I learnt with this game is that you can't just rush the missions, first thing first unlock Link special 25.000 KO skill, and then grinding to unlock it for Volga -____-

I've completed both Adventure maps and still don't have the master sword skill unlocked. I'm under 10000 at this point. Just need to make that final push.

Dryk

Almost there...

Getting this far has taken so many weeks and over 2 Pro Controller charges... I think I'll be playing some other stuff before buying the DLC

mxA1WOq.png

I keep telling myself I won't 100% this game, but I'm almost done getting all of the skulltulas and then I'll probably cave and get all of the Heart Containers. I'm sure after that I'll cave and get the last remaining A ranks. Oh and the Twilight Princess DLC comes out next week. Nevermind, I'm playing this game forever.
This has been my mindset also. I'm nearly done with opening up everything on MQ and now I'm just going back to the vanilla map and getting skulltulas and hearts on that also. It's the most time I've spent on a Warriors game I'd say, at least for a while anyway

Griss

Beat the game, and really enjoyed it.

I've been replaying some campaign missions on hard (which seems easier than normal, now that I have better weapons and know what to do), but I'm also trying to get into adventure mode and struggling. It just seems really frustrating.

-Tons and tons of squares, probably too many
-Every second square needs a compass to find out where the secret is, but these are few and far between, meaning you apparently have to grind for compasses
-Every second square needs you to A-rank it to progress, but it never says how many enemies you need to kill, so this almost always requires two or three attempts as you try to balance kills with speed without knowing what you're aiming for in either
-It's unclear to me what the difficulty of any given square is, or whether or not I have to be a certain character to unlock gold skulltulas or heart containers
-Getting hearts and skulltulas brings the replaying quotient to a Diablo-esque level.

All of this means you end up having to replay the same squares again and again and again to make progress or get powerups. Is this really what this mode is about? Because if that's it then I think I'm out. It was well worth it for the campaign and fanservice, but something I'm very careful about is not 'playing a game until I hate it', which is what a lot of people (completionists!) do. I leave when I'm still on a high. And I have Bayo 2 waiting in the wings.

Does the DLC add any proper campaign missions? Are they on new maps? Because if so then I'd be more than happy to try those out. Also, how do you unlock challenge maps? There's only one and I beat it.

taizuke

I keep telling myself I won't 100% this game, but I'm almost done getting all of the skulltulas and then I'll probably cave and get all of the Heart Containers. I'm sure after that I'll cave and get the last remaining A ranks.

I started this game with the intention to 100% it but somehow i keep telling myself i'll stop and leave Master Quest unfinished but the more i play MQ the more i think that'll be highly unlikely because by the time i unlock my remaining medals (rescue 500 allies, create every badge, unlock the Master Sword, and beat Hero mode) i'll be that much closer to completing MQ.

I still have to also beat the rewards map with all the giant bosses. Waiting to unlock Link's Master Sword to try again and get rank A.

-Every second square needs a compass to find out where the secret is, but these are few and far between, meaning you apparently have to grind for compasses.

You don't have to grind for compass items. Just get one and do this:

- Use it
- Rememer where the secret spot is
- Press the Home Button
- Close the software
- Return to the game

This way the game doesn't "save" and you still have your compass.

Btw, thanks llehuty, Geminosity, and Killrion. Used the flute and it worked. It was just was so confusing to me since i once never used the flute outside of lakes in Adventure Mode.

Griss

You don't have to grind for compass items. Just get one and do this:

- Use it
- Rememer where the secret spot is
- Press the Home Button
- Close the software
- Return to the game

This way the game doesn't "save" and you still have your compass.

That's... pretty terrible. Is this what people do? I'd rather look it up on a wiki than do that, although that's just as bad, really.

Btw, thanks llehuty, Geminosity, and Killrion. Used the flute and it worked. It was just was so confusing to me since i once never used the flute outside of lakes in Adventure Mode.
No worries, it caught me off-guard at first too but after thinking back to the fact only the harp and flute had ever revealed enemies, and that the harp always needed blue butterflies while the flute often got used on a square in a lake, the flute seemed like the next logical thing to try :3

Beat the game, and really enjoyed it.

I've been replaying some campaign missions on hard (which seems easier than normal, now that I have better weapons and know what to do), but I'm also trying to get into adventure mode and struggling. It just seems really frustrating.

-Tons and tons of squares, probably too many
-Every second square needs a compass to find out where the secret is, but these are few and far between, meaning you apparently have to grind for compasses
-Every second square needs you to A-rank it to progress, but it never says how many enemies you need to kill, so this almost always requires two or three attempts as you try to balance kills with speed without knowing what you're aiming for in either
-It's unclear to me what the difficulty of any given square is, or whether or not I have to be a certain character to unlock gold skulltulas or heart containers
-Getting hearts and skulltulas brings the replaying quotient to a Diablo-esque level.

All of this means you end up having to replay the same squares again and again and again to make progress or get powerups. Is this really what this mode is about? Because if that's it then I think I'm out. It was well worth it for the campaign and fanservice, but something I'm very careful about is not 'playing a game until I hate it', which is what a lot of people (completionists!) do. I leave when I'm still on a high. And I have Bayo 2 waiting in the wings.

Does the DLC add any proper campaign missions? Are they on new maps? Because if so then I'd be more than happy to try those out. Also, how do you unlock challenge maps? There's only one and I beat it.

That's... pretty terrible. Is this what people do? I'd rather look it up on a wiki than do that, although that's just as bad, really.

Hmmm... lots here to answer but i'll try to break it down...

* The secrets are actually based on the ones from the original first zelda game down to their actual location so a lot of people were using maps of the old game's secrets to find the sparklies on this one.
* You don't need to reveal the location of something with a compass to actually use stuff on it and in a number of cases the interactable location is in plain sight. Things like blue butterflies for the harp, a rock in the water for water bombs, fire circle for ice-arrow, hookshot target for the hookshot, etc. Admittedly if you haven't played the original zelda you might need some trial and error or looking up a wiki to see which object is used on what but it should be fairly easy to pick up :3
* outside of special cases an A-rank usually requires the quest to be done in under 15 minutes, with 1200 kills and minimal damage taken (some claim you've got a buffer of less than 10 hearts of damage but I don't remember the amount and just make a point of not getting hit :p )
* if a reward has a character's icon/face on it then you must be that character to unlock it. The only exception is costumes in masterquest, but those are locked to only let you play one character anyhoo :3
* Masterquest DLC adds 5 new villain quests to the main campaign, otherwise most of the content is likely to be more adventure maps
* reward maps squares are given for completing skultulla pictures

I really haven't found the game all that grindy but I admittedly had the advantage of knowing most of the above, so hopefully this info will help you as well :D

Griss

No worries, it caught me off-guard at first too but after thinking back to the fact only the harp and flute had ever revealed enemies, and that the harp always needed blue butterflies while the flute often got used on a square in a lake, the flute seemed like the next logical thing to try :3

Hmmm... lots here to answer but i'll try to break it down...

* The secrets are actually based on the ones from the original first zelda game down to their actual location so a lot of people were using maps of the old game's secrets to find the sparklies on this one.
* You don't need to reveal the location of something with a compass to actually use stuff on it and in a number of cases the interactable location is in plain sight. Things like blue butterflies for the harp, a rock in the water for water bombs, fire circle for ice-arrow, hookshot target for the hookshot, etc. Admittedly if you haven't played the original zelda you might need some trial and error or looking up a wiki to see which object is used on what but it should be fairly easy to pick up :3
* outside of special cases an A-rank usually requires the quest to be done in under 15 minutes, with 1200 kills and minimal damage taken (some claim you've got a buffer of less than 10 hearts of damage but I don't remember the amount and just make a point of not getting hit :p )
* if a reward has a character's icon/face on it then you must be that character to unlock it. The only exception is costumes in masterquest, but those are locked to only let you play one character anyhoo :3
* Masterquest DLC adds 5 new villain quests to the main campaign, otherwise most of the content is likely to be more adventure maps
* reward maps squares are given for completing skultulla pictures

I really haven't found the game all that grindy but I admittedly had the advantage of knowing most of the above, so hopefully this info will help you as well :D

Thanks, that's very helpful. The game itself should have made all of this clearer.

TLoZ on NES was my first ever videogame, and I've beaten it multiple times, but I just don't 'trust' that the secrets here will be where they were in that game, as there are items and secrets here that weren't in the original. Sometimes it's obvious (one single pushable rock that was pushable in the original) but other times it's less so.

Still, all of that helps. I'm going to push on until I've unlocked all of the characters and weapons, anyway. Unlocking Ruto was really cool. She seems super weak though :(

No. It's a waste of time for the player, and poor game design from the developers.

Use the Japanese site instead. Has a map with all the secrets.

Thanks, that's very helpful. The game itself should have made all of this clearer.

TLoZ on NES was my first ever videogame, and I've beaten it multiple times, but I just don't 'trust' that the secrets here will be where they were in that game, as there are items and secrets here that weren't in the original. Sometimes it's obvious (one single pushable rock that was pushable in the original) but other times it's less so.

Still, all of that helps. I'm going to push on until I've unlocked all of the characters and weapons, anyway. Unlocking Ruto was really cool. She seems super weak though :(
No worries and I agree that the game could explain itself better :3

As for Ruto, she excels at sniping. Any attack chains that end with a 'strong' build up your water meter and at any point you can press strong on it's own to enter a sniping stance and consume some of that meter to send waves off that'll hit all enemies they pass through and can travel much further than you'd expect. The trick is to not use the stance close to your target, but at a safe distance instead :D That and also the usual nuance of learning which combo is best for what situations. It's been a while since I played her so I can't remember which ones are her best ones but I'm sure someone here can probably advise you on that ^.^

CBTech

Also for A ranks it is always like this.

Time: < 15 minutes
KO Count: 1200
Damage: < 4000 or < 8000

Damage is the only one that varies. It is about 8 to 10 hearts. I don't think we have an exact amount.

Griss

Also for A ranks it is always like this.

Time: < 15 minutes
KO Count: 1200
Damage: < 4000 or < 8000

Damage is the only one that varies. It is about 8 to 10 hearts. I don't think we have an exact amount.

Yeah, I had thought it was around 1,000 so that's why I was always missing that one. 15 minutes is tons and tons of time, I thought I had about 7 or 8 and was always rushing.

Knowing this is going to make everything much easier. Thanks so much. (To everyone else as well.)

TunaLover

Is there any easy way to get Evil's Bane slot?
This skill is LEG based (I suppose from LEGend), but any other skill I have is based on ATK, ELE ,VS, BON.

So it's not possible make it more probable through Apothicary, since potions only boost chances on ATK, ELE ,VS, BON. Not sure if there's more upgrades for Apothicary though.

CBTech

Speaking of true form Midna. I was originally hoping she was going to be a weapon so they wouldn't eat up a character slot; however, it makes sense that she is a new character since she is an entirely new model. All other characters with different weapons use the same model for the character just with different animations. That wouldn't be the case with Midna.

Sagitario

I had no idea. Any more info about the pack?

wiiu_screenshot_gamepn5exu.jpg

And I haven't even touched the Master Quest Adventure map nor the 5 extra story episodes.

CBTech

How much have you completed? I'm at like 130 hours have completed all of legend mode, the first adventure map, and the master quest map. I'm missing maybe 6-8 Skulltula and a good chunk of the heart containers, and several A ranks on the adventure maps.

Kyari

Someone posted this on the DLC thread in the main forum but the Facebook page for Zelda has been updated with more info:

H9teXxR.jpg

The second DLC pack for Hyrule Warriors will be available on 11/27! In this pack, you’ll get Twili Midna as a playable character, a new weapon for Zelda, a Twilight Princess themed Adventure Mode map, and two additional costumes including the Postman costume for Link!

Someone posted this on the DLC thread in the main forum but the Facebook page for Zelda has been updated with more info:

~giant wolf picture~

The second DLC pack for Hyrule Warriors will be available on 11/27! In this pack, you’ll get Twili Midna as a playable character, a new weapon for Zelda, a Twilight Princess themed Adventure Mode map, and two additional costumes including the Postman costume for Link!

Nice! I'm kinda curious what the new Zelda weapon could be... Sheik has the harp which would be the first weapon I'd think of so it can't be that. Maybe a dedicated bow weapon using light arrows? Only issue with that idea is that it's already present in some of the Rapier moves so probably not that either :eek:

Come to think on it, if they gave her the baton, maybe they'll keep the musical theme up and give her the Ocarina too?
Another possibility is that if Link already has the fire rod, maybe she'd end up with the ice rod? Someone mentioned that one of the zelda-only missions had a water element and she currently doesn't have a water weapon so it could make sense :p

Midna human form confirmed for the TP pack hitting on 11/27.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B26j63DIIAAYPio.jpg:large[IMG][/QUOTE]

Even older than the flowers in my window. Should probably thread-search before posting :)

[quote="Kyari, post: 139725616"]Someone posted this on the DLC thread in the main forum but the Facebook page for Zelda has been updated with more info:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/H9teXxR.jpg[IMG]

The second DLC pack for Hyrule Warriors will be available on 11/27! In this pack, you’ll get Twili Midna as a playable character, a new weapon for Zelda, a Twilight Princess themed Adventure Mode map, and two additional costumes including the Postman costume for Link![/QUOTE]

Now this is new though.

I didn't even consider a postman costume. Definitely okay with that. Wonder what the new weapon for Zelda will be. And that image of Twili Midna makes me way more interested in the character too!

Updating OP with this.

shaowebb

Nice! I'm kinda curious what the new Zelda weapon could be... Sheik has the harp which would be the first weapon I'd think of so it can't be that. Maybe a dedicated bow weapon using light arrows? Only issue with that idea is that it's already present in some of the Rapier moves so probably not that either :eek:

Come to think on it, if they gave her the baton, maybe they'll keep the musical theme up and give her the Ocarina too?
Another possibility is that if Link already has the fire rod, maybe she'd end up with the ice rod? Someone mentioned that one of the zelda-only missions had a water element and she currently doesn't have a water weapon so it could make sense :p

Say it with me now...Dominion Rod.

Really bad timing that it releases one day before Super Smash though. At least I'll play it for one day ;b

Those wolves look so big proportionately. I wonder how wacky her moveset is going to be.

Say it with me now...Dominion Rod.

Just googled it and I really have no memory whatsoever of this item. I should re-play Twilight Princess but playing through it a second time it feels like it progresses so slowly ;b That item could definitely be a possibility.

CBTech

Hmm, I hope true form Midna isn't just spam wolves again. I loved the wolf gimmick of imp Midna, but it would be boring to repeat the theme. It would be cooler if she summoned the Twili monsters.

Top Bottom