• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Mzo

Finished off the Adventure map this weekend.

The victory feels a little hollow with two other maps staring me in the face. The plan was to take a break before getting around to the DLC, but I'm not really tired of the game or anything. I just feel bad since this is all I'm playing and there are a ton of new releases just sitting around unopened.

Mzo

Am I alone in thinking this game is way too hard to get any of the cool content? It's not difficult to win any of the maps but the criteria for getting A's is just impossible to me.

Even when you fail you gain money and experience, both of which can be used to make your character stronger, as well as getting weapon drops which could potentially make you stronger. You also learn the scenario, like where to go when and what to prioritize.

It's time consuming, yes, but I never found Hyrule Warriors to be difficult. What's giving you the most trouble?

Is there any drawback to spending rupees to level someone up to have them catch up, other than the fact that you're just spending a ton of rupees?

Played a bunch this weekend, I'm at the second Skyward Sword stage, and I had just went back to all the previous stages and got all the Skulltulas/Heart pieces available.

llehuty

Is there any drawback to spending rupees to level someone up to have them catch up, other than the fact that you're just spending a ton of rupees?

No drawback, only time saving. It's almost the only thing where you are going to use rupees anyway since the upgrades are very cheap.

TheMoon

Played a bunch this weekend, I'm at the second Skyward Sword stage, and I had just went back to all the previous stages and got all the Skulltulas/Heart pieces available.

No. Spend away. That's the entire point of rupees since otherwise it's pure torture. Rupees exist for leveling up your characters. You're actually doing yourself a major disservice by not using them for that.

I'm only a few hours in but I'm loving this game. I'm up to the point where you split into 3 for the portals, I love Lana. However some times its telling me to go back and help an area immediately yet then it spams me to go to the objective too... which should I do and which should I ignore? So far I've been running back to help and its been ok. And man, Lana is just so fucking cute.

Jagsrock

Banned
Been playing this game a lot for the past week despite having smash bros. I didn't expect to like it this much. It's very addictive despite it's repetitive nature and all the combos and weapons are just plain awesome. There is a lot of love and care that's gone into this game and its much appreciated. Also cia's boobs didn't dissapoint lol, all the cutscenes were nicely done. Very good game, I look forward to more Nintendo cross over games like this.

TheMoon

I'm only a few hours in but I'm loving this game. I'm up to the point where you split into 3 for the portals, I love Lana. However some times its telling me to go back and help an area immediately yet then it spams me to go to the objective too... which should I do and which should I ignore? So far I've been running back to help and its been ok. And man, Lana is just so fucking cute.

If something/one is in trouble (a keep, for example) you should go back there (if it's part of the fail condition!) and clear out enemies with health bars (ignore the cannonfodder). The main objective usually isn't time-sensitive so it doesn't really matter if you let that sit for a while. Optional keeps can fall and often times it's easier to let it get taken by the enemy and then quickly retake it instead of clearing it out but leaving it with low health.

If something/one is in trouble (a keep, for example) you should go back there (if it's part of the fail condition!) and clear out enemies with health bars (ignore the cannonfodder). The main objective usually isn't time-sensitive so it doesn't really matter if you let that sit for a while. Optional keeps can fall and often times it's easier to let it get taken by the enemy and then quickly retake it instead of clearing it out but leaving it with low health.

Omg thank you, and did I forget to mention I'm totally in love with Lana?

taizuke

I'm having trouble with some stages in the Twilight map. Enemies are hitting too hard and before i know it i've lost 8+ hearts in a matter of seconds. Trust me i'm good at dodging but 1 or 2 hits and that's it. Thought by leveling up it would make things easier but nope. Plus, i'm using a lvl 115 Link who has all his badges and he still suffers a lot of damage.

Any help?

CBTech

The problem with the damage is that leveling up doesn't increase defense (as far as I know). The only way to decrease damage taken is through badges and hoping the stage you are on has a recommended element. You just have to be exceptionally good now to get A ranks on the Twilight map, which means trying to play it super safe. I still haven't found a good way.

I'm loving Zelda with the Dominion Rod, it's so much fun. These DLC weapons and characters have been on point. I can't wait for the Majora's Mask pack.

Sagitario

Finished off the Adventure map this weekend.
The victory feels a little hollow with two other maps staring me in the face. The plan was to take a break before getting around to the DLC, but I'm not really tired of the game or anything. I just feel bad since this is all I'm playing and there are a ton of new releases just sitting around unopened.
This is me! After +150 hours, I'm still playing it and I'm not even done with the Master Quest pack [both Adventure and Legend modes]. The backlog remains untouched.

Even when you fail you gain money and experience, both of which can be used to make your character stronger, as well as getting weapon drops which could potentially make you stronger. You also learn the scenario, like where to go when and what to prioritize.
It's time consuming, yes, but I never found Hyrule Warriors to be difficult. What's giving you the most trouble?
You keep the experience, but rupees and number of kills reset if you die.

The problem with the damage is that leveling up doesn't increase defense (as far as I know). The only way to decrease damage taken is through badges and hoping the stage you are on has a recommended element. You just have to be exceptionally good now to get A ranks on the Twilight map, which means trying to play it super safe. I still haven't found a good way.
It does increase defense, but not proportionally to the attack stat.

I'm liking the TP map a lot, but last night I hit a point where I wasn't having much fun. One hit practically means no A rank.

Spux666

Banned
Can anyone help me with a bug I've run in to. At least I think it's a bug. I'm trying to get all heart pieces and skulltulas on my hard run of legend mode. I've played the death mountain mission "Land of Myth" a bunch of times now, and I'm fairly certain I've already collected the heart piece for Impa that resides there.

Apparently you get it from a chest in the east boulder keep. I've cleared it but all I got was a weapon. I'm thinking I already got the heart when I was playing through on normal. Heres the catch. IMPAS HEART PIECE BOX REFUSES TO GET A CHECK MARK TO INDICATE THAT I HAVE COLLECTED IT! This is starting to drive me nuts.

Anyone run in to this issue before?

CBTech

I've captured all of them and multiple guides have told me the same thing. Does anyone know where it's actually located then?

Sometimes chests are located in secret areas. If I remember correctly there is a wall you can bomb near the east boulder keep. I believe there is a chest and a cucco inside. Don't know if it contains a heart piece though.

Spux666

Banned
Sometimes chests are located in secret areas. If I remember correctly there is a wall you can bomb near the east boulder keep. I believe there is a chest and a cucco inside. Don't know if it contains a heart piece though.

Yeah that one just has another weapon in it :(

Spux666

Banned
Just a random shot in the dark and I'm certain I'm wrong but just to be safe, you are using Impa while trying to collect this Heart Piece, correct?

Here's a video showing where the Heart Piece should be:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7iCq251PTk&t=16m30s

Oh my god.......I think I know why now. I keep following this really good path to crush this level in no time flat, but I always leave that keep to be captured by my raid squads. I'm guessing it doesn't show the chest appearing cinematic because I personally didn't capture that keep? I'll have to investigate this tonight....THANK YOU!

CBTech

Oh my god.......I think I know why now. I keep following this really good path to crush this level in no time flat, but I always leave that keep to be captured by my raid squads. I'm guessing it doesn't show the chest appearing cinematic because I personally didn't capture that keep? I'll have to investigate this tonight....THANK YOU!

Yeah, if you don't capture the keep yourself the only indication that a chest appears is a small, easy to miss notification. I've missed some chests that way before.

Fingers crossed.

Sagitario

I think I'm starting to develop fatigue for this game and it's thanks to the TP map.
I like the missions but the difficulty is way too unbalanced.
I wouldn't mind if it was because of harder objectives, or situations where one must play with efficiency or developing new paths. But the difficulty just relies in increased stats for enemies, where one hit can cost you more than half your heart bar(s) (and A rank is needed to advance to certain parts of the map, with specific characters).
It doesn't help that when you die, you don't keep your rupees nor your items/drops (or amount of defeated enemies for sealed skills), which are way more helpful for under-leveled/unpopular/bad characters.

SeanR1221

Finally got this in that best buy cyber Monday deal :)

Probably won't have time to play until Friday but I'm excited to try it out.

Got this for $30 from Sear's last week, and got it in yesterday. Played it for the first time today, and, I love it. It's a very nice fresh take on the Zelda series.

Immediately went and bought the $20 DLC pack too.

Just another great game for the WiiU, which is quietly raking up a pretty nice game catalog.

NeonZ

It doesn't help that when you die, you don't keep your rupees nor your items/drops (or amount of defeated enemies for sealed skills), which are way more helpful for under-leveled/unpopular/bad characters.

I've been enjoying the TP map, but, yes, it's very bad for underdeleved characters. The weapon drops seem way bellow the map's difficulty curves too. You pretty much need to power up them in the previous Adventure maps before taking them there.

taizuke

I'm liking the TP map a lot, but last night I hit a point where I wasn't having much fun. One hit practically means no A rank.

Feel the same. In fact i just got Link to lvl 150 as well as unlocked the Legendary skill (25,000 kills) for his Magic Rod and tried a particular map and was able to do better but enemies are still too strong and take a while to go down even with a 450 attack stat weapon.

Richie

Feel the same. In fact i just got Link to lvl 150 as well as unlocked the Legendary skill (25,000 kills) for his Magic Rod and tried a particular map and was able to do better but enemies are still too strong and take a while to go down even with a 450 attack stat weapon.

How are your badges with him?

I'm currently working on the first Adventure Map. You guys are making me want to wait on the TP one until I get most characters at 100. Considering only Link has crossed that barrier and the next is Sheik with 68, that will take its damn long time.

That said, I did try the very first TP mission with Zant (who must have been 30 at that point) for kicks and albeit I thought I did poorly, got an A much to my surprise. I love when you think a mission is screwed so you take your time with hearts or Skulltulas, then the game gives you an A regardless.

taizuke

How are your badges with him?

He has all his badges. The map i'm currently focused on doesn't have any elemental advantage. I have noticed he takes slightly less damage now being at 150 but there's a lot of potential hazards in this stage. I almost got the A rank just now but Mandhandla's unpredictability at the end chewed up like 6 hearts (had already lost 7 1/2) with one hit.

Leveling up is easy in Master Quest. Just look for "Rak up your KO count" stages and go to town. The higher the lvl of the stage better. Also, if you have a weapon with EXP+ you can easily get 4 levels in one go. There's a lvl 11 stage on the upper-right side of the map. That's where i got Link to lvl 150.

So, I love this game. But I think my save is borked.

Adventure Map's C8 and D10 won't let me access them because I need to go further elsewhere or something. Problem is, my brother is not nearly as far as I am in Legend Mode, and I'm also more spread out in Adventure than he is, yet he can access both levels.

The only thing I see that I did differently is I went through the Legend Mode split from top to bottom, and he went in a different order.

Help! I don't want to redo this whole game!! :(((

Probably a character you haven't unlocked in Legend mode then. Just finish Legend mode first, it's super short.

What's confusing is that my brother is not as far in Legend Mode and can play both stages.

I do see that he's also unlocked parts of the Adventure Map he shouldn't have access to (Blue part unlocks after a particular Legend Mode stage, but he's not yet completed it yet). I'm not sure exactly how that's happening.

EDIT: And completing that set of missions seemed to work. Heh, weird. Thanks for the help!

Sagitario

I don't care for A ranking the whole map, but I guess it's either play co-op if I get the chance or spend rupees in characters I don't care for (and even then, it doesn't greatly improve the defense stat).

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I have to admit the amiibo functionality and having the game digitally makes me boot it up every day. Got 50k rubbies from Kirby, and 1 from Marth.

I don't really regret buying the dlc, but I have barely touched it. There is so much content in the base game.

Marvie_3

Banned
I have to admit the amiibo functionality and having the game digitally makes me boot it up every day. Got 50k rubbies from Kirby, and 1 from Marth.

I don't really regret buying the dlc, but I have barely touched it. There is so much content in the base game.
I got 1 rupee from 3 out of 5 amiibos yesterday. I was not thrilled.

My latest appeal for help... All the materials guides I'm finding has you going into Adventure mode in specific squares for materials. The problem I'm at now is that I really need Wizzro robes, and the squares that I need to go to in those are either way out of my path or locked behind A-ranks.

Isn't there a guide out there that has who-has-what in the story or free mode levels? I guess I could just look at a walkthrough, couldn't I...

MattyG

Banned
So I've never played a DW game, but I'm a MASSIVE Zelda fan and this looks awesome. I only haven't picked it up yet because it looks like there's so much content and I wanted to get it after the glut of fall releases. But will it be hard for me to learn the Dynasty Warriors gameplay? Are they difficult games? It looks like a ton of fun, I just don't want to get it and then be fuck awful at it.

CBTech

So I've never played a DW game, but I'm a MASSIVE Zelda fan and this looks awesome. I only haven't picked it up yet because it looks like there's so much content and I wanted to get it after the glut of fall releases. But will it be hard for me to learn the Dynasty Warriors gameplay? Are they difficult games? It looks like a ton of fun, I just don't want to get it and then be fuck awful at it.

It is very easy to pick up. I hadn't played a DW game before HW. I absolutely love this game. My game of the year for sure.

Top Bottom