• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

scottnak

Once they start running you can let go of B, by the way.

Also all the materials and weapon drops are automatically picked up at the end of the mission.

Should probably post this at the top of every page, ahaha.
And yes you'll still pick them up even knowing this fact :p

I thought for a moment I had screwed myself over for the Faron Woods Hard mode Skulltula as Link was OHKOing the boss (after the WPG emptying) with his tier 3 Fire Rod (the condition is get it below 50% HP but killing ends the level) but thankfully I still had lower tier versions of that weapon.

The worst thing is I had to do the map 3 times. I was going to save abuse the second time but the boss dropped Gold material.

It is a fun game but it can be too grindy in places (needing specific items in adventure mode, weapon loot in general and how skills are handled, I can add skills but not remove them that weapon stuff is mostly ignorable though and more of a "it would be nice to have") resulting in it being a timesink. I also find it annoying how failing a mission will keep EXP but nothing else, including weapon kills, it just makes unsealing weapons more annoying as you get that "well that was a waste time of time" feeling.

bobohoro

Power Gauntlet Moveset thoughts at High Level...

[...]

I agree for the most part. Gauntlets are one of the least fun weapon sets in the game, in my opinion. C3 is good, and damaging, but if you somehow mess up the combo ender, you are left wide open. C4 is okay as long as you stop before the combo ender. C5 has high damage, with the right timing it's a pretty good attack. But overall it is a very unsafe moveset and you have to play carefully. I rarely use it, but got the my best weapon drops in that categorie, go figure. :/

bobohoro

They are slow, unsafe and have a crappy C1. Power gloves being a nice fan service design and the Whitebeard special are the only things I find fun about 'em.

I just prefer pointy, sharp things to smashy smash weapons. :/

Link's swords are so damn boring. I dropped them the minute I got his other weapons.

Yeah, pretty much. I do love doing that air combo into spin attack though.

You know I read an earlier post about how hard the Festival of Cuccos on the Adventure Map was, but I A Ranked it on the first try. That Defeat All Enemies with Ganondorf that starts you out against one large Imprisoned and two little ones is nasty. What sucks is the battles after that are easy peasy. :/

NeonZ

Hm... I just found a stage with
Twili Midna as a boss
in the Twilight Princess Adventure map.
I had seen her as an ally npc before, and also an optional ally/enemy in one of those recruitment chapters, but this is the first time I get her as an actual stage boss, complete with her own intro cutscene.
It's kind of odd that a game so fond of reusing content only features her once. And it seems like
she's only as the final enemy
in that one map.

There's also one protect the Bombuchus map with
OoT's King Dodongo, who otherwise only appears in the story mode.

K-A-Deman

Dammit all to hell! I was THIS [-] close to finishing a no-damage adventure map (the one
where you play as Lana and rescue your allies from Shiek's forces
) when
Shiek
one-shotted me as I moved in for the killing blow! Now I have to do the whole damn thing all over again...

...In lighter news, I unlocked Ganondorf's tier 3 weapons, both of Zant's upgrades with the help of a friend who is REALLY good as Zant, and got some costumes for Midna, Lana, and Cia. that ALMOST make's up for the near-miss. ¬_¬

shaowebb

What, gauntlets are one of the most fun weapons in the game.

Oh they are fun no doubt about that. I'm saying they are unsafe and at high level became a handicap to both time and potentially your health due to the large openings between moves. For regular play though they feel so damned rewarding and powerful. No need to ever feel shame or sadness for playing them ...just remember that if the chips are down and you HAVE to get an A rank to progress on a map then you put a lot at risk choosing a moveset that has so many openings in it. Huge area effects, damage and style abound...but at the cost of recovery, time and the ability to stay safe with pressuring the enemy.

If they don't go down...you stand to lose an A rank. If A rank isn't a concern use em. I do a lot.

daydream

Banned
Oh they are fun no doubt about that. I'm saying they are unsafe and at high level became a handicap to both time and potentially your health due to the large openings between moves. For regular play though they feel so damned rewarding and powerful. No need to ever feel shame or sadness for playing them ...just remember that if the chips are down and you HAVE to get an A rank to progress on a map then you put a lot at risk choosing a moveset that has so many openings in it. Huge area effects, damage and style abound...but at the cost of recovery, time and the ability to stay safe with pressuring the enemy.

If they don't go down...you stand to lose an A rank. If A rank isn't a concern use em. I do a lot.

Agreed, too much wind-up. I pretty much always go Master Sword with Link but I do really like the Rod, as well.

Yeah, I agree with all of the above. Wasn't aiming that post at your comment specifically.

daydream

Banned
man I really look forward to the DLC pack, I've been running out of content with this game

..said no one ever

seriously, I'm never finishing this lol, not even halfway done with the first adventure map. still having a great time, though. the only thing that gives me pain at the moment are imprisoned fights (that SS quiz with Fi, argh). I take too much damage from the feet lightning. I keep telling myself I just need to do more damage to finish it quicker but I probably need to switch up my strategy, as well

man I really look forward to the DLC pack, I've been running out of content with this game

..said no one ever

seriously, I'm never finishing this lol, not even halfway done with the first adventure map. still having a great time, though. the only thing that gives me pain at the moment are imprisoned fights (that SS quiz with Fi, argh). I take too much damage from the feet lightning. I keep telling myself I just need to do more damage to finish it quicker but I probably need to switch up my strategy, as well

I have an A rank on that. How are your badges and level for Fi? And do you have her third level weapon? (Maybe overkill, but hey, sometimes...)

Luigiv

Not according to Nintendo's DLC page for the game lol

???

It quite clearly states "Available Jan. 2015". And I know for a fact it hasn't changed either. I've visited that page a few times during the past couple of months (including just the other day) and it each time it said the exact same thing in that slot.

AEREC

Ive never played Majora's Mask so Im hoping the DLC doesnt spoil too much for when the 3DS version comes out.

I never finished Twighlight Princess and I guess the DLC announcement for that pack kinda gave away the ending.

daydream

Banned
I have an A rank on that. How are your badges and level for Fi? And do you have her third level weapon? (Maybe overkill, but hey, sometimes...)

I'm still on her first weapon but getting the second one has top priority. It'll be the first thing I'll get in my next session. I think she's around level 32 or so, not sure. In any case, I'm sure it won't be hard to A rank once she's a bit stronger.

It really is hard to dodge the red lightning, though. Takes off a lot of hearts, too.

TheMoon

Ive never played Majora's Mask so Im hoping the DLC doesnt spoil too much for when the 3DS version comes out.

I never finished Twighlight Princess and I guess the DLC announcement for that pack kinda gave away the ending.

There's nothing they could really spoil unless you count "character X exists!" as a spoiler.

???

It quite clearly states "Available Jan. 2015". And I know for a fact it hasn't changed either. I've visited that page a few times during the past couple of months (including just the other day) and it each time it said the exact same thing in that slot.
The dlc page on the eshop still says December, which is what I was referring to.

Edit: At least it did last week. Maybe they updated it since then.

K-A-Deman

Good news; I beat that one level with Lana. Bad News; I found a NEW level that's causing me rage;
the Master Quest challenge for Zelda's 8-bit rapier
. I can do
the rescue, Cia,
hell,
GANONDORF
is a pushover! the problem is the cheap, one-sided programing of the f**king
IMPRISONED
and the damn clock that's killing me...

In lighter news, I like how the Twilight Princess maps have challenges that effectively farm for silver or gold material for certain characters. Now if only the stinking gold materials would actually drop for me...¬_¬

SoldnerKei

Good news; I beat that one level with Lana. Bad News; I found a NEW level that's causing me rage;
the Master Quest challenge for Zelda's 8-bit rapier
. I can do
the rescue, Cia,
hell,
GANONDORF
is a pushover! the problem is the cheap, one-sided programing of the f**king
IMPRISONED
and the damn clock that's killing me...

In lighter news, I like how the Twilight Princess maps have challenges that effectively farm for silver or gold material for certain characters. Now if only the stinking gold materials would actually drop for me...¬_¬

since the game came out I have never found single gold material of Lana's high tier badges, I know what I need to kill, yet nothing

and oh gosh, I feel I am going to rage a lot on that map too, I hate
the imprisoned
beyond words, ugh...

shaowebb

I am almost entirely certain now that two of the final things for Majora's Mask are...

New character =Skull Kid

New Moveset= Helix Sword/ Fierce Deity Link

Why? Because this will coincide with a Nintendo Direct that is building Majora's Mask momentum for the 3ds and as the special edition of that title shows, Skull Kid is a major thing they wish to push. He will be playable...its not even something any of us seem to doubt. We just know it at this point.

Why Fierce Deity Link as a moveset and not a character? Because 2 Links would only happen if they did something silly with Toon Link...no...this is a moveset because Link lacks a darkness element weapon and it fits the best.

Anyone's guess who the last character is. I have reasons to believe it will be Happy Mask Salesman but nothing with enough evidence to make me solid on this theory. For now...Fierce Deity Link with the Helix Sword as a Darkness moveset for Link and Skull kid.

These are the biggest candidates for the characters:

Candidates:
- Skull Kid (likely because it's a well-known character and main villain of Majora's Mask; unlikely because most of his moveset is already in the game).
- Tingle (likely because he's a mascot that has been in many games; unlikely because he's not that popular in the west).
- Happy Mask's Salesman (likely because he's unique, could have a cool moveset and is a well-known character from Majora's Mask; unlikely because he's not recognized as a fighter).
- Deku Link (likely because it's Link's first form in Majora's Mask; unlikely because it would be boring).
- Mikau (likely because there's only one Zora in the game, and Mikau is popular in communities; unlikely because he's a minor character).
- The two ranch sisters (likely because Japan likes wacky, unexpected characters (like Agitha) and these sisters could have interesting UFO-related moves; unlikely because they're minor characters and it would be too awesome for humanity).

And yeah, Fierce Deity Link will probably be a new costume, but just so you know there's no new movesets/weapons coming for any of the existing characters with the MM pack. And if Tingle isn't a character I expect a Tingle costume.

shaowebb

These are the biggest candidates for the characters:

And yeah, Fierce Deity Link will probably be a new costume, but just so you know there's no new movesets/weapons coming for any of the existing characters with the MM pack. And if Tingle isn't a character I expect a Tingle costume.

If no new moveset is forthcoming for any reason including amiibos then it will be the last slot IMO. Link lacks a Darkness moveset. I see Fierce Deity as what was planned to take that element.

Ryce

Skull Kid's going to be one of the characters. There's no point in contesting that -- he's the mascot of the game. He wears the titular Majora's Mask, he's an Assist Trophy in the new Smash Bros., and the limited edition MM 3D comes with a Skull Kid figure. He's the one character people most associate with Majora's Mask.

I still feel really confident that the second character is going to be Tingle. Like Skull Kid, he's well-known and marketable -- there's a Tingle spinoff series, there's a Tingle plush doll, he's also an Assist Trophy in Smash Bros., and so on. He's goofy and annoying and "unpopular in the West," but he's been a recurring presence in the series for over a decade. It's also worth keeping in mind that the DLC is sold individually in Japan, and Tingle is pretty popular over there. More to the point, Tingle's map-plotting ability would be a really unique way of condensing Majora's Mask into a single character. He could spawn Clock Tower by drawing a map of Clock Town, he could summon the Turtle in a big swell of water by drawing a map of Great Bay, and so on. That doesn't even account for his balloon or ambiguous "fairy magic."

I'm having a hard time picturing Happy Mask Salesman as a playable character. Sure, he's integral to the plot of Majora's Mask, but he rarely shows up and doesn't do a whole lot. He's more of an Agitha-type character, who I consider to be an outlier (the staff really likes her). I could see Happy Mask Salesman showing up in a sequel or something, but I don't think he has a high enough profile to warrant his own purchase as DLC.

Fierce Deity Link will probably be one of the three DLC costumes, but I don't think a taller Link with sword beams (whose presence in Majora's Mask is optional) justifies its own character slot.

As an aside, I was bored and plugged a bunch of Majora's Mask characters into that Akinator Web Genie game, and Tingle and Skull Kid came out with a lot more results than Happy Mask Salesman or Fierce Deity Link.

Happy Mask Salesman whips out the 3 masks Link uses in MM, and turns into them for his attacks. BOOK IT.

Also I got the Great Fairy weapon for Link last night. "I'll play an easy mission before bed just to see how it is." I didn't get to sleep until 30 minutes later. SHE'S SO DAMN SLOW.

antibolo

Banned
Just started this game two days ago.

Goddamn I enjoy this game so much, I'm almost done with the Legend mode. I never got interested in Musou games enough to play one beyond trying a demo, but I guess that shamelessly slapping a Nintendo franchise on it is what was needed to convince me.

I'm probably going to try One Piece PW2 next.

Cia without her dumb pointy hat is so hot

Dreavus

I think I'm down to get started on some of the DLC for this game. I was 100% on board when it was first announced, but at the time the game had it's hooks in me. I've since fallen off a bit and I never actually purchased the packs, but I'm thinking I'll jump back in tonight.

Happy Mask Salesman whips out the 3 masks Link uses in MM, and turns into them for his attacks. BOOK IT.

Also I got the Great Fairy weapon for Link last night. "I'll play an easy mission before bed just to see how it is." I didn't get to sleep until 30 minutes later. SHE'S SO DAMN SLOW.

I feel like I can never tell the relative speed of some things in games like this. She SEEMS slow as hell, but because she's so huge it's possible that she's actually the same speed as everyone else and it just looks/feels that way. Kind of like playing an Asura in GW2 then switching to a Norn.

The speed of her attacks is definitely a bit on the slow side though.

Bought this game a couple of days ago and I think I already poured over a day's worth of time into it. It is just so fun. I hope Nintendo allows for another one to be made. I bought the DLC mega pack as well. The game is just super fun to play.
Also love playing as Ganondorf he just seems powerful while playing as him.

Top Bottom