• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

jorgejjvr

usually you first download the game, then it gets installed, then you have to boot up the game, if you get the "You have unlocked new character" message then you can access the dlc content, if not, which is more likely, you will have to restart the game(close software, boot up again... I know -_-) after the second boot up you should get the message

I don't think the pack is out yet. I tried a few times this morning and nothing happened.
I've tried that multiple times and nothing. Usually it's the second time like you said but I've done it like 6 times. So I'm also starting to think it's not out yet. Weird. I went to the eshop and downloaded something. Took Like 10 seconds. No idea what it was. Wasn't the dlc

Has anyone actually downloaded it and got to play it?

Richie

I've tried that multiple times and nothing. Usually it's the second time like you said but I've done it like 6 times. So I'm also starting to think it's not out yet. Weird. I went to the eshop and downloaded something. Took Like 10 seconds. No idea what it was. Wasn't the dlc

Has anyone actually downloaded it and got to play it?

Downloading as we speak. Go to Download Center, then Options, then Software Check. After that, boot the game.

Anbec7

I want to play this but I'm stuck at work...

I can't believe this is one of my most played games.
Thanks to my brother for it :)

I'm sad that the DLC is almost over!

Conezays

When I clicked my Hyrule Warriors icon on the Wii U menu it started "preparing update." Currently installing update to system memory.

Edit: Got the 1.5 update notification. Nothing about new characters though.

Conezays

you had the 1.5 update but not the content? that's odd
perhaps you can try out what Richie posted

I'm sure I'll figure it out soon, just wanted to check it out before I'm off to work :p Thanks.

It mentions the level increase, additions to Apothecary, Smithy, etc. with the rest of the 1.5 updates, just nothing mentioned about the characters/adventure map(s).

Edit: Weird, it finally shows up in the Download Management area now, and it appears to be updating. The maps and characters have now shown up. Thanks for the help!

jlscool

Got the Majora's Mask DLC. I think the fastest way to get the new DLC is first start the game and it will upgrade to v1.5. Then while you are in the game, go to the eshop and look at the available DLC. It then seems to know that you should get the DLC, so when you exit the eshop, exit the game and then re-start the game and it should start downloading the DLC.

Just finished getting all the badges except for 2 on Young Link (I guess I have been slacking on Gohma Lens). I also have both new characters already at level 67 through the Training Dojo and I might even be able to get them up to my other characters that are all level 100+ just from selling all the other characters weapons. Wow.

jlscool

For loading times, when I usually start a mission on the Adventure Map, it loads completely before the creature hits link and now it looks like link gets hit and drops the triforce and runs completely off the screen before you can get to the mission overview screen, so I don't really see it as that big of a deal, but I do notice it is longer.

So meanwhile over here, while everyone else is digging in to the DLC already, I'm still just getting around to unlocking Ghirahim... Stop adding content to Hyrule Warriors, Tecmo-Koei/Nintendo! I've got enough on my plate as it is!

Dreavus

For loading times, when I usually start a mission on the Adventure Map, it loads completely before the creature hits link and now it looks like link gets hit and drops the triforce and runs completely off the screen before you can get to the mission overview screen, so I don't really see it as that big of a deal, but I do notice it is longer.

Doesn't sound too too bad. Your description actually gives a really good indication of how much longer it is.

I think it's possible that I've played this game too much, haha

First impression: That 8-bit(ish) Clock Town theme!

Second impression: The load times, the load times!

Back to farming mission for Agitha items that I'm probably too low-leveled to complete.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So meanwhile over here, while everyone else is digging in to the DLC already, I'm still just getting around to unlocking Ghirahim... Stop adding content to Hyrule Warriors, Tecmo-Koei/Nintendo! I've got enough on my plate as it is!

Don't worry, only thing left is to push some more game modes, then they are going to release another Nintendo Warriors games in like a year.

Ozium

I feel the same way lol.. I just bought this game last weekend and I've beaten Legend mode and am halfway through Adventure... I want to get the season pass but at this point I don't know if I should just wait for a sale or what...

will probably break down and grab the pass this weekend lol

Bombless

I feel the same way lol.. I just bought this game last weekend and I've beaten Legend mode and am halfway through Adventure... I want to get the season pass but at this point I don't know if I should just wait for a sale or what...

will probably break down and grab the pass this weekend lol

I doubt there'll be a sale and tbh it's an amazing price for the stuff you're getting. Most season passes are 3x the price.

Ozium

I doubt there'll be a sale and tbh it's an amazing price for the stuff you're getting. Most season passes are 3x the price.

I know the value is good... a sale could happen, honestly, but probably not until the new zelda comes out and they do a zelda franchise sale... I could see this happening... but I don't want to wait that long lol

Bombless

I know the value is good... a sale could happen, honestly, but probably not until the new zelda comes out and they do a zelda franchise sale... I could see this happening... but I don't want to wait that long lol

Just grab it, you know you want to play as best girl in her true form!

While I'm not far in the MM map the searching seems like a huge improvement over regular adventure where you pretty much had to know Zelda 1 or farm compass (or if master quest randomly use recorder *shudder*) due to so many possibilities.

There is lots of needing to use items to open up paths and these items only spawning in a few locations (apparently beating adjacent tiles is what forces item respawn). Perhaps the inventory is more streamlined due to the ocarinas, giants and masks taking up slots.

I also finally got the level 2 baton from regular adventure too...using a level 3 rapier which probably hit a damage cap of sorts (it was worth it to completely tear through wizzro and girahim though it wasn't great vs the yellow army but hit hard enough).

So I finally get to experience the new loading times myself and they're as brutal as I'd heard. Might end up being the thing to make me quit the game if they don't get fixed and fixed soon (I'm sure they won't be).

NeonZ

So I finally get to experience the new loading times myself and they're as brutal as I'd heard. Might end up being the thing to make me quit the game if they don't get fixed and fixed soon (I'm sure they won't be).

There's still the boss pack, which might come alongside another path considering the trend so far. Although, that likely means waiting at least one month.

jlscool

Doesn't sound too too bad. Your description actually gives a really good indication of how much longer it is.

I think it's possible that I've played this game too much, haha

Sorry, I did not know the loading times really only affected the new DLC. The loading times are longer than I first thought. Link drops the triforce, runs off the screen, comes back from the other side and picks up the triforce a second time before it is done loading.

When I did my original test, I loaded a Mission from the master quest map, not the Termina map.

Got the Majora's Mask DLC. I think the fastest way to get the new DLC is first start the game and it will upgrade to v1.5. Then while you are in the game, go to the eshop and look at the available DLC. It then seems to know that you should get the DLC, so when you exit the eshop, exit the game and then re-start the game and it should start downloading the DLC.

Just finished getting all the badges except for 2 on Young Link (I guess I have been slacking on Gohma Lens). I also have both new characters already at level 67 through the Training Dojo and I might even be able to get them up to my other characters that are all level 100+ just from selling all the other characters weapons. Wow.

This way worked for me! Thanks!

Rafavert

how does the 3 day mechanic work on the MM Adventure map?

Each time you do a map, 1 hour goes by. You need to find the dark ruler before all 72 run out. If you lose or run out of time, the map goes back to it's starting point. You can still teleport to the owl statues you found and keep all your scores and items, though.

Simbabbad

@Ozium: also, it's very easy to "beat" the map (kill the main boss) without the map ever resetting, except the very beginning since you then only have three hours. I had something like 30 hours left when I beat the boss.

Rafavert

@Ozium: also, it's very easy to "beat" the map (kill the main boss) without the map ever resetting, except the very beginning since you then only have three hours. I had something like 30 hours left when I beat the boss.

Losing doesn't reset?

I guess me losing coincided with the 3 hours of the first time, then.

Simbabbad

No, losing has no consequence, as long as you retry and don't return to the map you don't even lose an hour (I think). I'd be ridiculously annoying otherwise.

You just have to get to the giant masks and collect 10+ hours Ocarinas on the road, then all the masks united unlock a 3x3 square with the end boss in the centre. The Majora's Mask mechanics are a nice reference but as long as you're careful and plan the mission sequences well the moon will only crash once, at the very beginning.

Rafavert

No, losing has no consequence, as long as you retry and don't return to the map you don't even lose an hour (I think). I'd be ridiculously annoying otherwise.

You just have to get to the giant masks and collect 10+ hours Ocarinas on the road, then all the masks united unlock a 3x3 square with the end boss in the centre. The Majora's Mask mechanics are a nice reference but as long as you're careful and plan the mission sequences well the moon will only crash once, at the very beginning.

Ooh, thanks for the info!

Guys, give me an opinion, please.

I've just obtained all tier 3 weapons in the first adventure map. Should I tackle the Master Quest (I do wanna get the remaining tier 3 weapons) one or the others?

So about the Majora's Power effects you can apply: Do Masks of Truth and Majora's Masks respawn like most items or are they limited like the items for purging twilight on the TP map? I didn't get a chance to play as much as I would have liked yesterday and I'm trying to determine if my evil (good?) plan to boostify the entire map is possible.

Neiteio

How hard is the Termina Map? My highest level characters are around lv. 50. I'd like to go after some of the unlockable masks.

Golnei

How hard is the Termina Map? My highest level characters are around lv. 50. I'd like to go after some of the unlockable masks.

I'm finding it significantly less tedious than the TP map, and most of my characters are hovering around 50 as well. The time mechanics aren't that much of an issue, but it's a nice extra which helps the map feel less like a glorified menu compared to the others.

So about the Majora's Power effects you can apply: Do Masks of Truth and Majora's Masks respawn like most items or are they limited like the items for purging twilight on the TP map? I didn't get a chance to play as much as I would have liked yesterday and I'm trying to determine if my evil (good?) plan to boostify the entire map is possible.
I've been told the cycle restarting or using the song of time item are the only way to respwan them and from what I gather they are one use effects; not permanent.

Anbec7

The EXP potion is legit...
Level 1 Young Link to Level 25 in the rewards map.
No EXP weapon.

Also I hate Zant, I don't want to level him but if I want to finish the adventure mode map I will have too damn...

Also fighting against Zant.. when the heck does he show his weak spot? How can I trigger it?

Also fighting against Zant.. when the heck does he show his weak spot? How can I trigger it?

Use the shield when he's attacking and eventually he'll become dizzy, just like when you play him yourself. Pretty much the only time you're ever even going to use the shield.

I've been told the cycle restarting or using the song of time item are the only way to respwan them and from what I gather they are one use effects; not permanent.

Ah, OK. Probably for the best because it means I can completely ignore the concept of something as silly as covering the entire map.

Neo Dark

So since the DLC took a week later to hit the console for the NA version... (no idea why still) I finally got to try it yesterday. First reaction was... what the heck did the loading time get longer? Then I hit menu today to restart a mission and noticed they added a restart mission button. So yeah... definitely a nice implementation. A bit bummed about the tradeoff but it does definitely beat going back to the main menu every time and then loading it up again if you wanted to restart a mission. Either way the new DLC is pretty fun. Didn't like how they originally start you off with 3 battles. You don't make much progress to begin with and they're already making you replay the same battles already. Should have been at least 10 or something.

Top Bottom