• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Neiteio

I'm finding it significantly less tedious than the TP map, and most of my characters are hovering around 50 as well. The time mechanics aren't that much of an issue, but it's a nice extra which helps the map feel less like a glorified menu compared to the others.
Any list of what masks can be found where? For example, where's Impa's Mask of Truth?

shaowebb

Young Link is gonna be a beast, but he will need levels and weapons before he can take on his Termina Map well. Too many KO count and Rupee chases and he is honestly not a crowd killer. Termina is owned by Twili Midna, Volga, and Ganon pretty thoroughly. 26000 rupees to 400? Yeah...Twili Midna you da bess.

Honestly, after playing him I feel if they had at least advertised Young Link's gimmick and called him Young Link/Fierce Deity Link folks wouldn't have erupted with the cancellations. Its really easy to keep him set in Focus Spirit after you get him some badges which other than a couple Ganon pieces for a few are very easy to setup. Stay in focus spirit, 3 meters and the normal stuff of combos, keeps, chip damage etc and he's great.

Damage is ass till he's fierce though, but man if you bother to buy him apothecary meter stuff its just free and hilarious.

Also Tingle...is pretty good. His combos are all pretty solid but he launchers folks a lot leaving folks in really abusable juggles. He gets vulnerable after some stuff like the roll though so be careful, but other than that I see him as fun. He was just a case of wrong name thrown out when folks were fishing for Skull Kid / Fierce Deity as their own thing and didn't technically thing they were getting either as more than a cameo on Young Link for a single move.

You know what they say...leave some for the sequel!
That leaves...
  • Saria
  • Groose
  • Malon using cucco's
  • Ingo and Talon
  • Malo in the magic armor
  • Happy Mask Salesman
  • Telma & Louise
  • Ashei
  • Skullkid
  • Mikau
  • Lulu
  • Prince Ralis using Queen Rutella's ghost
  • Koume and Kotake
  • Zubora and Gabora
  • Nabooru
  • OoT Impa
  • Vaati
  • Hilda
  • Linebeck
  • Yuga
  • Toon Link
  • Toon Zelda with Phantom Form
  • Windwaker Ganondorf
  • Tetra
  • Medli
  • Deku Princess from MM using monkeys
  • Kafei and Anju
  • Postman
  • Renado
  • Heroes Shade
  • Dampei
  • 4 swords Links using formations for their moveset (lol Zelda sentai team)
  • Yeto and Yeta
  • Igos du Ikana
  • Agahnim
  • Sahasrala
  • The "dangerous to go alone" guy with sprite weapons as his gag gimmick
  • The Bombers
  • Batreaux
  • Rusl
...etc etc etc and that's not even counting coming up with moveset potential for things like the fishing rod like they did with Taigong Wong in Orochi 3.

Thought I'd just throw all that crazy out there to remind folks just how insane they could get for funsies with the roster if they pushed this series later as it seems they may.

Ozium

I want Alfonso or a Spirit Train weapon for Link...

I don't really like Alfonso. I just think calling forth a train to mow down enemies would be baller.

Ryce

Have past Musou games ever given existing movesets to new characters? I don't think Saria's ever going to be playable unless Lana drops the Deku Spear. Saria would probably use her ocarina in some capacity, but the bulk of the Deku Spear moveset makes perfect sense for her.

On the same note, have sequels ever modified a character's moveset? Skull Kid's a top contender for the next game, but Young Link and Cia really need to lose their Moon attacks.

Neiteio

Have past Musou games ever given existing movesets to new characters? I don't think Saria's ever going to be playable unless Lana drops the Deku Spear. Saria would probably use her ocarina in some capacity, but the bulk of the Deku Spear moveset makes perfect sense for her.

On the same note, have sequels ever modified a character's moveset? Skull Kid's a top contender for the next game, but Young Link and Cia really need to lose their Moon attacks.
Would pay $20 for Saria skin of Lana with spear

NeonZ

I'm not sure about spin offs, but it happened with the main Dynasty Warriors series before, although that usually means that you're left with clones at least initially before one of them receives a completely new weapon in expansions or sequels, replacing the old one. They clearly didn't want clones here though, so I'm not sure which route they'd take.

Yes, that happens fairly often even, especially if you're talking about special/musou attacks.

Ozium

welp..

just bought the season pass.

installing now.

RIP my time and money

edit: lol when I start the game the dun dun da dunnnns just keep coming

Neiteio

Link needs the Four Sword as a weapon in HW2. Imagine combo string finishers featuring red Link, blue Link, etc, dashing out or spinning around or even wielding other weapons.

Neiteio

My HW2 roster:

- Saria
- Malon
- Nabooru
- Happy Mask Salesman
- King Hyrule
- Tetra
- Medli
- Makar
- Ashei
- Yeto
- Linebeck
- Groose
- Koume & Kotake
- Skull Kid
- Onox
- Veran
- Vaati
- Yuga

So that's at least 18 characters (compared to the 19 in HW + DLC). King Hyrule could transform into the King of Red Lions and surf some waves. Onox, Veran and Vaati could have their transformations from the Oracle games. Koume and Kotake could become Twinrova for their Focus Energy. Yeto's move-set could include Yeta. Happy Mask Salesman could warp around with shifty movements and even conjure up his pipe organ. Skull Kid's mask could discard him and become Majora's Incarnation or Majora's Wrath for combo finishers and his Focus Energy.

And bring back all of the characters from HW1, in Free Mode if nothing else.

- Old Man from the Cave
- Blue Spear Wielding Pig Ganon
- Aghanim
- Toon Link
- Tetra
- Groose
- Demise
- Dark Link (this could work and be unique)
- Ravio

Also the load times on this patch kind of ruin the game.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I really hope they fix the load times with the patch next patch, its unlikely we will get much after the Ganon Pack.

shaowebb

Okay , been playing a LOT of Termina with the wife. Mainly the wife and me finally chipping in now that i've stopped doing Orochi 3 Ultimate for a bit...

Anyhow how, holy shit. There is a point in the item searching on Termina map where you CANNOT progress without possibly a single stage on the left that is one above an ocarina that is the only path to a particular Zora mask. You see everywhere you go you eventually run into walls you can't anticipate. Can't get the Zora mask without a goron mask. Can't get the Goron Mask without a anything other than zora mask. Can't get the Deku mask without a Zora mask or more Deku masks.

After that exact sequence we ground the whole map for any stages we could in fact play and get rewards for with the achievable items. We found we also mainly need owls. When you reset the clock so as not to lose progress you HAVE to have hit the owls. You can't get to the owls without Zora mask. All there is to it. Deku may start a small sequence we can use to get maybe an owl and it yields only a replacement deku mask unless it requires a mask we don't have, but I still need to progress through the bottleneck towards a zora mask that I mentioned before.

You have to take the barrier keeps and you have to play as Ghirahim or Fi...but its damaging as hell.

Folks...Termina knew what it was doing with the 72 days thing. We are down to the 40s and with all the core middle wiped out we are stuck still trying to achieve our first all important Zora mask. We tried resetting the board with the Ocarina to use our only available owl (yes...that much work and only 1 is a given without item sequence chasing to unlock paths and that all leads back to the rupee race A rank) and after the day reset...NONE OF THE ITEMS SHUFFLED. Same exact scenario. We kept some items but nothing we needed and we weren't fighting our way back. We reset without saving the day reset...we have to go until we get that A rank and can make it to the first Zora mask.

TLDR
Fight on till you can beat that A ranker to get throught the bottleneck on the west leading south to a zora mask and an outfit. Its priority 1. You don't get through that the world ends there. You can't progress the map.

The map leads you down long winding fetch quests where you either eventually end up only able to progress via one or two spots each requiring difficult A rankings or impossible to get items without said A ranks elsewhere. Fail to clear these in enough attempts the Moon drops, the map resets and you have to start all over...and the owls are setup so that if you don't progress really hard through those bottleneck choke point difficulty spikes...you don't get owls and start ALL OVER on the map sequence when you go back to the Dawn of the First Day. Which begs the question...do I use this Zora Mask to start a chain of stages to get an owl or to progress the map to find a way to get the 4 giant squares to unlock the boss and stop the cycle? Is there even enough time?

You've met a terrible fate haven't you?

daydream

Banned
Zelda's special attack with the baton is glorious, especially if the last stroke coincides with a level-up. Cathartic as hell.

shaowebb

Yes. Musou has given existing movesets to other characters a LOT and then even tweaked them slightly to fit the new character more in some games. The current game Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires takes MANY DLC weapons and puts them on characters and then tweaks them with a few things for their new owner. Past musous have swapped movesets between folks in between titles and sequels and its not a thing to worry about.

Koei do it...and when they do they tend to add flourishes of the new moveset owner's character into parts of the old weapon style to give it a new flavor, look and sometimes new parts to strings.

Yes. Constantly. Sima Shi, Liu Shan, and many others have received many tweaks and adjustments. From new moves, to replacement moves to the same weapon with a completely different moveset to different musou specials etc. They adjust to fill needs. They aren't folks that put things in the past on untouchable pedestals. They adjust for the needs of the characters so again this is easily something they would try. Almost a given honestly.

daydream

Banned
The baseball swing? Best animation in the game imo.

Hm, baseball swing? I'm referring to her A special with the baton. She basically conducts a tornado then turns around and finishes off the enemies that got caught in it. I find it super satisfying.

Bombless

Hm, baseball swing? I'm referring to her A special with the baton. She basically conducts a tornado then turns around and finishes off the enemies that got caught in it. I find it super satisfying.

Oh, I thought you meant the dominion rod, nevermind (>_<)

Golnei

Koei do it...and when they do they tend to add flourishes of the new moveset owner's character into parts of the old weapon style to give it a new flavor, look and sometimes new parts to strings.

If they do that for a hypothetical sequel, it could make the character roster significantly broader without much extra work. From the weapons characters already have, we could get Nabooru (Naginata), Saria (Deku Spear), Shad (Dominion Rod) Auru or Ashei (Spinner), Aryll (Baton) and Farore (Sealing Tome) without that many alterations beyond models and voice work.

Yeto's move-set could include Yeta.

I kind of feel that Yeta should be the primary character of the two - she did get her own boss battle, after all. Yeto can show up in the intro and victory animations - in the former, carrying her while snowboarding on a leaf and the latter something like their scene after the Blizzeta boss battle. Though the soup probably should make it into the moveset in some way as well...

I'm glad to hear that (and everything else in your post). I'd really love to see a Hyrule Warriors 2 in a year or so from now.

Maybe it'd be a better idea to wait for the next console; combined with the first game's DLC and the tiny install base; the market is likely oversaturated.
So two years, then.

Golnei

So, what's people's opinion on Ruto? She's really growing on me, to be honest.

She's also got that sass.

I'm still not enjoying her moveset all that much; even if I like her as a character - a shame that has to be filtered through this game's awful writing. Though she did do fairly well in terms of costumes compared to the other characters with no full DLC outfits - the only thing I would have liked to see added would be an Oren recolour.

Anyone know a way to skip updates for this game?

I started it up for the first time, it said I didn't have enough storage space for the update, so I hit quit, and it (seemingly) started the game without updating. Played it, had a blast!

Then I go to play it the second time, same lack of storage space warning, I hit quit....and it just goes back to the Wii U main menu.

Of course this wouldn't be an issue if I could just access my save, but the screen on my gamepad is broken.

shaowebb

Oh lord guys...I need to jump back in. Been reading online...this patch buffed some folks.

Particularly folks say ZANT got major buffs and we need to hit him again.

Additionally:

Ruto charge attacks received another buff
Ganondorf Combo1/Combo6
Zelda Wind Baton

Also...Agitha seems faster from what I just played on both startup/recovery. Do her 2 or 3 hit string and either dodge cancel or go straight into raw butterfly attack. Her landing recovery and move are a bit lower to the ground so she hits a lot more, gets in and out safe so long as you dash cancel like she was Ghirahim.

She seems decent at the moment. A ranked her on a stage. Gonna go in and try through some folks tomorrow and fish for stuff. Plus scour the net. Things have been tweaked O_O

EDIT: FOUND OUT THE FOLLOWING WITH SEVERAL THREADS. NEEDS TESTED.
Great fairy
+fountain combo (her 5th) got an enormous range buff. Sucks in and kills an entire keep in a blow.

Fi
+buff seems slightly extended
+C3 slight range increase

Zant
+C5 can now be dash canceled
+C1 Bullets decreases WPG better
>C4 causes screen shake, possibly has more range
>Zant's attacks overall have more weight

Ruto
+Regular string has increased pull/vacuum effect
+Increased AoE on some C# and Special

Agitha
+believe you can air cancel out of her C3 which is beetle summon (not charge) This plus haste skill and her other speed changes on recovery/startup should be great

Ganondorf
+C1 has faster startup
*C# fills C1 meter faster
+C6 seems to have some sort of hit/vacuum effect before the main swing of the attack.
+C1 can now be dash cancelled out of before the move is executed.
Not sure if this was changed or not, but I should note that the C1 meter is not expended until the move itself is fully executed, so you won't risk dash cancelling out of the move with an empty meter.

Oh lord guys...I need to jump back in. Been reading online...this patch buffed some folks.

Particularly folks say ZANT got major buffs and we need to hit him again.

Additionally:

Ruto charge attacks received another buff
Ganondorf Combo1/Combo6
Zelda Wind Baton

Also...Agitha seems faster from what I just played on both startup/recovery. Do her 2 or 3 hit string and either dodge cancel or go straight into raw butterfly attack. Her landing recovery and move are a bit lower to the ground so she hits a lot more, gets in and out safe so long as you dash cancel like she was Ghirahim.

She seems decent at the moment. A ranked her on a stage. Gonna go in and try through some folks tomorrow and fish for stuff. Plus scour the net. Things have been tweaked O_O
Ganondorf Combo 6 is already crazy strong. What did they change?

shaowebb

Its soooooo late but I need to lab.

Anyone here play Deku Stick Lana? I hadn't worked on it much.

I can test Epona tomorrow. I've been playing a lot of Spinner and can't confirm any changes. I'll go in on Fire wand and Gauntlet tomorrow since I know them.

Need volunteers who know some folks to see what they can find. Top fan faves like Ghirahim haven't shown any changes yet. Zelda should get some checking along with IMPA and Midna though...

Gaa...so much to lab. I don't even Darunia.

Neiteio

Shaowebb mentioning "fan fave characters" got me wondering: What characters seem to be most popular among the HW community?

I seriously dig all of the characters, but favorites include Impa (Naginata), Ganondorf, Ruto, Fi, Volga and Tingle.

daydream

Banned
Just realised that items are just as fatal on 'all attacks are deadly' squares. Hadn't really thought about using items in that context before, heh.

I'm still not enjoying her moveset all that much; even if I like her as a character - a shame that has to be filtered through this game's awful writing. Though she did do fairly well in terms of costumes compared to the other characters with no full DLC outfits - the only thing I would have liked to see added would be an Oren recolour.

Well, her YYX is a good choice for crowd control while filling up the water metre allows for some very useful attacks from a distance. I find her to be an absolute beast at taking keeps.

I'm playing the Termina Map like most of you, and those Ghirahim missions are really hard. In particular, you have to A rank with him to get the reward, and beat Darunia, Ruto, and King Dodongo before 15 minutes are up. He was at level 85 and just wasn't cutting it. In particular King Dodongo would refuse to let me get his WPG, and when I would deplete it Ghirahim would only take off about 1/3 of his overall HP meter. Is this a level issue? I think I'll have to come back after grinding him or something, and getting the Hasty skill. Otherwise, that's just a lot for him to do in 15 minutes.

Simbabbad

When you reset the clock so as not to lose progress you HAVE to have hit the owls.
Except that doesn't have to happen at all. The Termina map is fun in the sense it feels like a genuine Zelda game where you unlock stuff slowly, but like I said above, I beat the map without the cycle ever resetting and with 30 days left (thanks to Ocarinas, otherwise it would have been tight, even though I wasted too much time on the useless owls).
If you plan your way ahead and just focus on clearing necessary maps and not waste time for useless items like bombs or gold medals or owl statues, it's really easy and you don't have to worry about anything.

@People talking about HW2: The "it's dangerous to go alone" dude has to be in it, throwing swords as his main combo.

@shaowebb: Lots of interesting stuff, keep it coming man.

Rafavert

Zelda's special attack with the baton is glorious, especially if the last stroke coincides with a level-up. Cathartic as hell.

I heard the baton isn't a very good weapon... but I love it just for the animations... They're all so cool.

For HW2 all I'd ask for is Vaati. Everything else would be cherry on top of the delicious Vaati cake <3

shaowebb

Just realised that items are just as fatal on 'all attacks are deadly' squares. Hadn't really thought about using items in that context before, heh.

Ha, I just realized this, too. Much safer to snipe with the bow!

I heard the baton isn't a very good weapon... but I love it just for the animations... They're all so cool.

Well then all of you are going to love this one.

The penultimate all attacks are deadly weapon is the Wind Baton.
  1. Hit strong attack to send out about 8 or 10 tornados in a spread
  2. dash cancel to prevent the long winded animation for the steerable one from coming out
  3. REPEAT

This baton has one of, if not the fastest spreadshots in the game which also has some of the best distance on its range. Dodge cancel either forwards to keep moving in, or side to side to dodge. You have all day to scout anything coming your way given its range and because you can do this so fast it essentially turns the entire field into a gigantic game of bullet hell. I can do these blindfolded now and it absolutely strips the battlefield.

Trust me...Baton is the easiest, and safest considering its tactic inheritly comes with a dodge, way to clear all attacks are deadly. Try it...you'll laugh your ass off at how free it is because you actually get all the grunts too without trying :D

Actually it used to be one of the quickest ways to rack up KO's for skills. Still is honestly.

Those 'Dorf buffs. And here I thought I was set on Twili Midna as my main (her skillset is just perfect). I have to give him another shot.

Well then all of you are going to love this one.

The penultimate all attacks are deadly weapon is the Wind Baton.
  1. Hit strong attack to send out about 8 or 10 tornados in a spread
  2. dash cancel to prevent the long winded animation for the steerable one from coming out
  3. REPEAT

This baton has one of, if not the fastest spreadshots in the game which also has some of the best distance on its range. Dodge cancel either forwards to keep moving in, or side to side to dodge. You have all day to scout anything coming your way given its range and because you can do this so fast it essentially turns the entire field into a gigantic game of bullet hell. I can do these blindfolded now and it absolutely strips the battlefield.

Trust me...Baton is the easiest, and safest considering its tactic inheritly comes with a dodge, way to clear all attacks are deadly. Try it...you'll laugh your ass off at how free it is because you actually get all the grunts too without trying :D

Actually it used to be one of the quickest ways to rack up KO's for skills. Still is honestly.
Does the C1 with Baton get better with higher level Batons? My base Baton can't even kill stage 1 enemies on normal in 2 hits.

shaowebb

Those 'Dorf buffs. And here I thought I was set on Twili Midna as my main (her skillset is just perfect). I have to give him another shot.
Yeah, when they realized his whole character was based around C1 and it was sooo eacy to die from it that it made him useless in these high damage fields they went all in. Now its quicker, cancellable and the bar fills faster. Much better. The cancel and startup were the biggest things needed to help him IMO.
Does the C1 with Baton get better with higher level Batons? My base Baton can't even kill stage 1 enemies on normal in 2 hits.

Wind Baton's damage has always been low damage and up close game is risky. I'm going to be testing it for more dodge cancel options and damage later today. Speaking from the past though the damage does get somewhat better, but it was generally a massive full field GTFO to setup your spacing for the weapon so that she could pop the music bars or one of her other more damaging strings safely.

In all attacks are deadly stages it becomes the most rapid KO creator in the game. I don't think you get as much exp for those stages sadly, but you can get some basic materials for early badges and potions and a lot of skills unlocked for Baton if you need them. If you can get haste on her and some buffs to either her strong or certain strings on a lvl 3 weapon it'd go a long way.

EDIT:
Young Link
*apparently people say you can guard cancel is C2 and just keep doing front flip attacks at folks for a super long juggle. Gonna have to check the damage on this.
DECONFIRMED. Bullshit rumor. Guard canceling does nothing and this string doesn't even involve flips. What the fuck rumor mill...

Tingle
*His 5th combo string (or just C5 as boards are labeling these things) seems to occassionally chuck rupees out for huge rewards. Folks are seeing if there is a buffer pattern you can do to keep him doing this every time so you can get higher rupees per match. I'll keep tabs on this...if they can trick the game to let you always get the rupee version this would be huge

shaowebb

Been playing.

Currently Trying to test Link Flame Wand, and Lana Deku Spear. Haven't played either enough to tell any changes though folks claim Deku Spear is buffed I just wouldn't know. Suggest others test these two.

These I have and you are gonna LOVE Midna.

Fierce Deity Link
+Focus Spirit gauge stops counting down if he ends up doing a weak point smash cinematic move until cinematic ends. Tested with other characters...their focus spirit will continue to countdown during cinematic WPS attacks. Go Link.

Zelda (wind Baton)
+C1 (the tornado spread shot) is definitely hitting harder. Not a destroyer but its respectable and most notably the followup tornado starts up and moves MUCH faster meaning its not as vulnerable. As always its dash cancelable
+C2 comes out faster, bit more range, does a bit more damage. this is a big thing. She had little safe in close...this hits 360 around her then tosses a music note to lift them above her and pull them in for combos

Zant
+the move where he summons the hand to slap ground is now dash cancellable and it wasn't before. If you got stuck doing it before you were pretty much wide open. Enormous improvement
+overall damage increase
+C1 if you have an empty twilight gauge now has more knockback

Midna
+Musou attack can now be used point blank without whiffing. Before it'd go over officers and fly behind then. Now either the arm hits them and lifts them into it or the shockwave hits them as its range was changed slightly along with its AOE
+slight damage and speed adjustments to combos to put them more in lines of usefulness with her hand slap combo which is still the best alongside of the tornado (C3/C4)

Fi
+slight speed increase on her combo string starter animations
+AOE increase. Generally just feels more consistent in landing hits.Doesn't feel like she's dancing away from the enemy as hard and as such it nets more damage from less drops

Ozium

the DLC is phenomenal.. and I am enjoying the Twilight and Termina maps a lot more than the OG one (which I still need to finish up and then do MQ but the two Ts seem to not require as high as levels as MQ)

Twili Midna is OP as fuck... Nintendo should commission Platinum to make a character action game starring her..

Tingle is also awesome..

NeonZ

the DLC is phenomenal.. and I am enjoying the Twilight and Termina maps a lot more than the OG one (which I still need to finish up and then do MQ but the two Ts seem to not require as high as levels as MQ)

Twilight Princess quickly scales up a lot in terms of required levels, while Master Quest isn't very different from the original one in difficulty aside from the special conditions and new objectives.

Ozium

Twilight Princess quickly scales up a lot in terms of required levels, while Master Quest isn't very different from the original one in difficulty aside from the special conditions and new objectives.

oh really? I thought I heard in here that MQ required high levels

hmm..

TheMoon

Am I correct that I should focus on legend mode first and then focus on adventure after? Or does it not matter?

Legend first, then Adventure. Legend is story mode that introduces you to everything and unlocks all the base characters that you can then take into Adventure Mode.

shaowebb

Been slowly grinding badge materials and levels to try and tackle a few things in the Twili map and the Termina map. I followed the path I mentioned to the bottom right with the deku mask because that path also had another Deku mask to replace it, an on outfit and an owl. I'm here to confirm that the path on the lower right is safe. You spend your goods on it you can earn them back. Most you'll need is an ice arrow and the other mask it gives you. That should put you at your first 2 owls and both are south east.

To progress your first zora mask is in front of an outfit to the south west in a narrow path. To get there you will need to A rank a stage with Ghirahim or Fi. Its harsh good luck. You get that SAVE IT for the goron beneath the owl to the east. You do that you get a Goron mask and to the north west you will see in a vertical row Majora's Mask with two zora masks above it. Use the Goron mask on the Majora mask stage so it can be played and a path opened up to easier to get zora masks.

Do this and you can traverse the map without getting blockaded hard, but be warned...you need levels and a good weapon because the damage is really low on the first stage I mentioned that you need to A rank.

Also the results from my testing of Link's Gauntlets, Epona, Spinners, Ghirahim, Impa's Naginata, and Impa's Sword all seem to feel the same. No new tricks found. Sorry...I was especially hoping faster start up on the pillar spin, but no changes.

Next up to test...Darunia.

NeonZ

oh really? I thought I heard in here that MQ required high levels

hmm..

MQ requires higher levels than the original due to some of the special conditions, like stages where you can't be hit but the enemy doesn't die in one hit, but the enemies themselves aren't particularly stronger than the ones in the original map.

Twilight Princess requires higher levels just because the enemies themselves have higher stats and can take a lot of energy with their attacks while being damage sponges, not the objective/level design itself.

TheMoon

Noticed something just now when I decided to scan my amiibo. Was I imagining things or do the Zelda-related amiibos produce a special sound effect (character screaming) when scanned whereas the unrelated ones just produce the secret unlocked jingle?

Dreavus

Noticed something just now when I decided to scan my amiibo. Was I imagining things or do the Zelda-related amiibos produce a special sound effect (character screaming) when scanned whereas the unrelated ones just produce the secret unlocked jingle?

Link definitely has a shout when you scan him. I don't have any other LoZ ones to test though.

TheMoon

Link definitely has a shout when you scan him. I don't have any other LoZ ones to test though.

It might have been the same one for all of them (I scanned Sheik, Zelda and Toon Link). I only thought about it afterwards so I didn't really pay attention to check properly. Still, interesting little nugget.

Top Bottom