• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Ozium

MQ requires higher levels than the original due to some of the special conditions, like stages where you can't be hit but the enemy doesn't die in one hit, but the enemies themselves aren't particularly stronger than the ones in the original map.

Twilight Princess requires higher levels just because the enemies themselves have higher stats and can take a lot of energy with their attacks while being damage sponges, not the objective/level design itself.

OK cool.. thanks for the info

edit: Toon Link Amiibo definitely has the Link shout.

Sagitario

wiiu_screenshot_gameppeusu.jpg

This time was before starting the Majora's Mask map.
I have cleared [most of] the lower half of the MQ map and I finished both Adventure and Twilight Princess maps.

shaowebb

wiiu_screenshot_gameppeusu.jpg

This time was before starting the Majora's Mask map.
I have cleared [most of] the lower half of the MQ map and I finished both Adventure and Twilight Princess maps.

Im similar to that.

Player Time: 241:27
Times Played: 145

All of Adventure, Master, almost all of Twilight Princess, and over half of Termina currently.

Me and my wife trade off though so this aint no solo run lol. She's the tank most times on those hours. I work and do other stuff a lot.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Ganondorf's gone from feeling strong to feeling weak to me lately, but last night I realized something for the first time: you can hold and charge all his combo finishers until his dark energy bar is full, THEN let it out.

So this has me thinking about the proper way to play him now. That energy bar, when it's full are his attacks stronger? Or is the only point of the bar to be consumed by his area of effect attack? Do I want to charge it fully with each combo, use it up, then charge it again in the next one?

Ganondorf's gone from feeling strong to feeling weak to me lately, but last night I realized something for the first time: you can hold and charge all his combo finishers until his dark energy bar is full, THEN let it out.

So this has me thinking about the proper way to play him now. That energy bar, when it's full are his attacks stronger? Or is the only point of the bar to be consumed by his area of effect attack? Do I want to charge it fully with each combo, use it up, then charge it again in the next one?
It is only good for the special attack.

Ozium

The one thing I don't like about all the DLC is that it's almost too good...

joking, but I really enjoy all the characters released as DLC (Twili Midna is a beast, Fierce Deity is a beast and Tingle is fun..) I also enjoy Epona but haven't tried the Dominion Rod yet..

this game..

It is also worth noting that as of v1.5 this charging seems to be faster.

Also Ganondorf is now invincible when using C1 (strong attack that consumes meter).

I also got my first 8 slot 5 star weapon...it is for Ganondorf; two empty slots one of which hasty attacks will go into for sure. I was dreading such a thing dropping with legendary (you can't delete it until you unseal it and 25,000 kills is terrible).

shaowebb

All I know is I am loving the new tweaked Midna. Not whiffing Musou point blank means I can now finish huge on her stuff with meter and its netting fast kills. Plus her other stuff feels brought more in line to its not all slap hands all day.

Game is great. I'm close to getting Termina buttoned up enough to safely play the Ocarina. Real close to some more owls. Takes forever to get levels after 70 though. Even with EXP+, a potion and a good grind level you only ever seem to get like 3. Beginning to wonder if the EXP potion even matters for anyone other than a lvl 1. Its cheaper to use the rupee potion, Rupee+, Exp+ and then use the money to buy levels.

Rafavert

All I know is I am loving the new tweaked Midna. Not whiffing Musou point blank means I can now finish huge on her stuff with meter and its netting fast kills. Plus her other stuff feels brought more in line to its not all slap hands all day.

Game is great. I'm close to getting Termina buttoned up enough to safely play the Ocarina. Real close to some more owls. Takes forever to get levels after 70 though. Even with EXP+, a potion and a good grind level you only ever seem to get like 3. Beginning to wonder if the EXP potion even matters for anyone other than a lvl 1. Its cheaper to use the rupee potion, Rupee+, Exp+ and then use the money to buy levels.

Thanks for all that info regarding the changes and the baton!

Loving the Zant changes <3

Richie

Probably during the last week of the month.

Sounds about right. If they give us one final patch, what'd you guys want to see in it? I only have three requests;

*Get loading times back to pre-MM DLC speed.
*For the love of the Goddesses, The Imprisoned automatically getting up after its weak point goes to half has to stop. Make it like the other bosses, it's annoying enough to bring him down once. Also, why don't the little Imprisoned give out materials? It'd go a long way to make getting badges for Agitha/Fi less tedious and time consuming.
*Have an option to move locked skills into different weapons. Put a hefty price to it if you must, but it's a shame to get 25,000 in lower level weapons when the ones I actually use have a blank spot going unused.

Takes forever to get levels after 70 though. Even with EXP+, a potion and a good grind level you only ever seem to get like 3. Beginning to wonder if the EXP potion even matters for anyone other than a lvl 1. Its cheaper to use the rupee potion, Rupee+, Exp+ and then use the money to buy levels.

I do realize I've repeated this enough to where it may be annoying, but I seriously recommend Master Quest Map's very bottom left square. I've been training Fi and Ghirahim there, they started at mid 75 levels. Now with EXP accelerator, EXP+, plus killing stuff while in Focus Spirit's More EXP!, they're both at 90 or further, and this after three matches at most. I've yet to earn less than 6 levels upgrades this way.

Isn''t the pack meant to be released this month, at least in Japan? So it should be one week before that at least for the first pictures.

Correct, it's set for February in EU and JP, and maybe NA (doesn't look like NoA themselves knows the NA release dates; they've been kind of all over the place).

CPCunha

Played the game casually since release but now that i have all DLC , wanna do it proper justice... Link is now level 55 and others are lagging behind... whats the best way to level them up? Free mode? Adventure maps?

Also... i remember seeing a guide to materials farming... can anyone point me in that direction please?

...see you guys on the field...

Neiteio

Need advice on A-ranking Ghirahim's lv. 2 weapon mission. I'm so careful, but still piss off cuccos who end up damaging me.

mo60

Need advice on A-ranking Ghirahim's lv. 2 weapon mission. I'm so careful, but still piss off cuccos who end up damaging me.

Don't use any of ghrahim's attacks that attack a large group of enemies especially if you are near a cucco. If you want to attack a group of enemies in a keep and a cucco is next to you dodge out of the way of the cucco and aim for a group of enemies in that keep that are not close to that cucco. If you are struggling to attack the enemies in a keep or enemies outside a keep that are next to a cucco try to make the cucco follow you away from that group of enemies but be careful because you only have 15 minutes to beat this mission with an A rank. Also make sure to be speedy with this mission despite the presence of that cucco.I did something similar to this and manage to make it to the end after a ton of tries even though I make a cucco angry right at the end of the mission.It also helps to be kinda overleveled in this mission(level 30 to 40). I did this around level 30 if I recall.

Dreavus

Use his C4 (I think), but be careful not to hit strong attack twice (you want the fiery sword throw, but not the blades that he summons all around him up afterwards.) It's a surprisingly far-reaching projectile that doesn't have an area of effect behind you, which is where the cucco is usually hanging out.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
It is also worth noting that as of v1.5 this charging seems to be faster.

Also Ganondorf is now invincible when using C1 (strong attack that consumes meter).

Oooh. I'm always hesitant to use his big attacks cause I always end up getting chipped during the animation. If I can use up that bar without having to worry about that now, that's friggin great.

Ozium

Wait, what?

...i don't need to actually run over the materials on the field to get them?
Is this real life?

the only thing you need to pick up are hearts and magic, if you want to use them..

materals, weapons, rupees are all auto collected

shaowebb

Okay remember what I said about making progress...nope.

That A rank stage on the left of termina to go down through the narrow area past an ocarina to get to a Zora mask? That mask can only be gotten by revealing enemies in search...which requires another Zora mask.

I'm stuck. Turns you gotta go STRAIGHT UP THE MIDDLE. From there towards the west a path snakes alllllllll the way to those 2 zora masks. Its the only path I haven't played till it ended. It still requires a ton of stuff like Ice Arrows, but its the only chance I got to play this thing without calling it borked.

I doubt its broken but I am pretty upset there is only 1 single path to get through this and its to follow that single route to completion or face complete stalemate on stage options and run out of stages. Heaven help me if it turns out I am missing the items needed to play the several up there on that snaking route.

Shit.

Dreavus

Wait, what?

...i don't need to actually run over the materials on the field to get them?
Is this real life?

Nope, you're free!

Also, press and hold dodge while holding a direction to instantly get "running" speed.

Wasn't there one more not-immediately-obvious-but-super-helpful tip floating around?

shaowebb

Nope, you're free!

Also, press and hold dodge while holding a direction to instantly get "running" speed.

Wasn't there one more not-immediately-obvious-but-super-helpful tip floating around?

Is it press and hold dodge to immediately run? Saw a lot of folks miss that trick early on.

daripad

Played the game casually since release but now that i have all DLC , wanna do it proper justice... Link is now level 55 and others are lagging behind... whats the best way to level them up? Free mode? Adventure maps?

Also... i remember seeing a guide to materials farming... can anyone point me in that direction please?

...see you guys on the field...

I have the same question. My link sits at 45 but everyone else is lagging behind and makes it difficult for the *kill 800 enemies* missions where I can get level 2 weapons.

mo60

I have the same question. My link sits at 45 but everyone else is lagging behind and makes it difficult for the *kill 800 enemies* missions where I can get level 2 weapons.

There's a rewards map mission where you can gain five levels in like 30 minutes depending on how well you do in the mission, but this mission may be a bit hard depending on the level of the character you use and the weapon you use. There's also a level in the master quest dlc were you can also gain 5+ levels in like 10 minutes on the bottom part of that adventure map, but I don't know how to level up like crazy in that mission yet.You can also level up a bit in the network link missions.

Ugh, that quiz in the left/middle area of Termina that you need to play as Fi to get the PoH for... I find Fi tough to use for that 1v1 stuff, and Sheik just sits there chipping away at me while I focus on Impa. I need to figure out a new strategy.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I told you :p

It's pretty ridiculous how much content this game has. And the fact that every character feels SO different when you play them only makes it MORE enticing.

Hah, looking forward to seeing that but I'm holding off buying it just yet since there is already still so much game for me to play.

I will be finishing Legend Mode (Normal) today, so it's fun to have the bonus chapters to try new characters out that I haven't touched yet. I'll make a point to go back and gather my heart containers and skulltulas that I ignored my first run through.

I have two questions now that I've put ~12 hours into this and have some grasp of what's going on:

• How do I start getting better weapon drops? Play on Hard/Hero? Or does Adventure Mode drop better weapons by default? I haven't started the Adventure stuff yet.
  • What's the point of challenge mode?

NeonZ

[*]How do I start getting better weapon drops? Play on Hard/Hero?

If you're talking about Legend mode, yes, you'll get better drops like that.

Or does Adventure Mode drop better weapons by default? I haven't started the Adventure stuff yet.

The drops in Adventure mode depend on the region of the map you're in (see the initial colors shown in the map, before you advance through it. You also need to clear specific stages there to unlock better weapons for most characters, and they'll only become random drops after that. For example, in the story mode, you got the White Sword for Link, and after that likely started getting more White Swords. Each weapon type has three variations, each one stronger than the last, and you need to unlock most of them in the Adventure mode.

[*]What's the point of challenge mode?
No point. It was added in the game's first update, and seems to be just some incomplete mode they decided to include in the game just for the sake of it.

Kinsei

Banned
Sorry if this has already been asked, but how is the difficulty of the MM map? The TP map was a piece of shit in that regard and I never bothered to finish it even though I A ranked the regular map, MQ map, and the rewards map.

The drops in Adventure mode depend on the region of the map you're in (see the initial colors shown in the map, before you advance through it. You also need to clear specific stages there to unlock better weapons for most characters, and they'll only become random drops after that. For example, in the story mode, you got the White Sword for Link, and after that likely started getting more White Swords. Each weapon type has three variations, each one stronger than the last, and you need to unlock most of them in the Adventure mode.
In case anyone forgot what these were you can find them here:
http://imgur.com/a/xLGZe

SM239

I just wanted to post and say Young Link is awesome. Easily in my top three favorite characters. The way you can keep on replenishing your magic allows the EXP bonus to stay in effect for quite a long time. Before I knew it he was already level 200.

Though level 200 kind of sucks cause now I have to use other characters :(

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
The way you can keep on replenishing your magic allows the EXP bonus to stay in effect for quite a long time.

You mean by consuming the special gauge? You can't do that while in fierce diety mode though, yeah? So do you mean just doing focus spirit till it runs out, building it back up, then doing it again?

Some of the kill counts for focus spirit seem unattainable to me, unless there's something I'm missing about how to prolong it. Every time you kill a certain amount of enemies during it, one of those "More [X]" things pop up right, and the gauge refills. But once you've made all of those messages pop up, does the gauge continue to refill as you hit kill thresholds? It hasn't seemed to, for me. I can never get past ~200 kills.

SM239

You mean by consuming the special gauge? You can't do that while in fierce diety mode though, yeah? So do you mean just doing focus spirit till it runs out, building it back up, then doing it again?

Some of the kill counts for focus spirit seem unattainable to me, unless there's something I'm missing about how to prolong it. Every time you kill a certain amount of enemies during it, one of those "More [X]" things pop up right, and the gauge refills. But once you've made all of those messages pop up, does the gauge continue to refill as you hit kill thresholds? It hasn't seemed to, for me. I can never get past ~200 kills.

You can use your C1 (Playing the ocarina) to convert your SP gauge into your focus spirit gauge while in Fierce Deity mode. Just keep building up your SP gauge and when your focus spirit gauge gets low play the ocarina to refill it. You can go through some missions from start to finish as Fierce Deity Link by doing this. It's incredibly fun to try to keep the Fierce Deity mode going as long as possible.

Top Bottom