• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
You can use your C1 (Playing the ocarina) to convert your SP gauge into your focus spirit gauge while in Fierce Deity mode. Just keep building up your SP gauge and when your focus spirit gauge gets low play the ocarina to refill it. You can go through some missions from start to finish as Fierce Deity Link by doing this. It's incredibly fun to try to keep the Fierce Deity mode going as long as possible.

Whaaaaaaaaat. I swear I was hackin up dudes as Fierce Deity Link and not actually gaining any SP. Gonna have to try that again.

Ryce

I'm so awful at this game that I can't even A-rank 8-2 with Zelda to access the Great Fairy square. I'm not too concerned with unlocking level 3 weapons, heart containers, or Gold Skulltulas, but I want access to every base weapon, and the Great Fairy is eluding me. :(

bobohoro

Whaaaaaaaaat. I swear I was hackin up dudes as Fierce Deity Link and not actually gaining any SP. Gonna have to try that again.

I can confirm that C1 converts SP to magic. It's kinda hard to see in Focus mode, but you constantly build up SP. A fully badged Young Link will be pretty badass, but only having the moderate ones already allows me to pretty much always stay as FDL when I try to.

shaowebb

Surprisingly enough I'm currently doing best with Epona. Just the power to juggle so long and hit so hard makes them a major general slayer. Disorienting and it isn't good at all for crowds, but in two player mode and for farming materials this horse is great. A character with limited utility, but if you need to farm go for it. Its so free taking on that twilight map stage that had the Ganondorfs that split apart into more dorfs with Epona. That and the Sheik stage both are free to Epona's juggles. If I got hasty on Epona though I'd be done...that'd be too much to not drop combos I think lol.

mo60

I'm so awful at this game that I can't even A-rank 8-2 with Zelda to access the Great Fairy square. I'm not too concerned with unlocking level 3 weapons, heart containers, or Gold Skulltulas, but I want access to every base weapon, and the Great Fairy is eluding me. :(

I have come close to getting an A rank in that mission, but the 1200 KO always screws me over since I use her rapier instead of her wind waker baton.The flying enemies take awhile to beat.I hate using zelda's other weapons

Neiteio

I've only been playing this game a few weeks, and that part stonewalled me for a while, but I ultimately A-ranked that mission (to get the lv. 2 baton) by using the Guard Break potion, and Zelda's Dominion Rod (DLC -- I take it you downloaded?).

Lightning is recommended on that stage, but the Dominion Rod makes quick work of captains. Start a weak attack string until the statue starts popping out of a portal in the ground; this juggles the enemy captains; and then dodge-cancel out of it before it finishes, and repeat.

Once you buy the Guard Break potion, it's in effect for the entirety of whichever mission you do next. It's worth it. You'll deal damage against those pesky flying lizard-men (I know how to say their names but not how to spell them). You want to quickly dispatch the first one, right at the start, then immediately run to the area in front of the Fairy Fountain (the Allied Base). If you're fast enough, you can catch Volga while he's still in the keep to the east of the Fairy Fountain; defeat him in the keep and you'll capture that keep to better protect the Allied Base.

Volga will also drop a Magic Jar. Grab it and use it on Wizzro, who's approaching the Allied Base from the northwest. Just go into Focus Energy and use a Special Attack to instantly reveal his Weakpoint Gauge. Wreck him with the Dominion Rod and head straight for the keep to the west of the Fairy Fountain. Start cleaning out the keep, and if you're quick you'll capture it before the rogue commander (another flying lizard-man) arrives. You might even be able to make a quick beeline up the canyon to the west, heading through the keeps in the northwest, and destroy the summoners -- one in the keep to the northwest, IIRC, and another on the altar in front of the commander in the northernmost keep.

Once the rogue captain is dispatched, the Enemy Forces send reinforcements. If you take just a little bit of time to winnow their numbers as they pour out of the altar, you can approach 1,200 KOs. You can also keep your KO count afloat by keeping the keeps east and west of the Fairy Fountain in the blue, which also protects the Allied Base (located in the Fairy Fountain).

When running for the commander of the Enemy Forces, in the northernmost keep, take the northwest canyon and crack the green pots along the way. By going into Focus Energy and using a Special Attack on Ghirahim, you'll automatically reveal his Weakpoint Gauge. Coupled with the Guard Break potion, you'll wear him down quickly, and while fighting him, you'll take out stragglers that should put you over 1,200 KOs.

Watch out for the heavy Moblins, and spam dash when Volga turns into dive-bombing dragon form. I find I take most damage from those two.

I hope this helps. Like I said, I made much more progress with the Dominion Rod and Guard Break potion. My Zelda was in the 40s, I believe.

The mission for the Great Fairy was much easier by comparison, I recall. The lv. 2 baton mission is definitely one of the harder ones.

Ryce

I've only been playing this game a few weeks, and that part stonewalled me for a while, but I ultimately A-ranked that mission (to get the lv. 2 baton) by using the Guard Break potion, and Zelda's Dominion Rod (DLC -- I take it you downloaded?).

Lightning is recommended on that stage, but the Dominion Rod makes quick work of captains. Start a weak attack string until the statue starts popping out of a portal in the ground; this juggles the enemy captains; and then dodge-cancel out of it before it finishes, and repeat.

Once you buy the Guard Break potion, it's in effect for the entirety of whichever mission you do next. It's worth it. You'll deal damage against those pesky flying lizard-men (I know how to say their names but not how to spell them). You want to quickly dispatch the first one, right at the start, then immediately run to the area in front of the Fairy Fountain (the Allied Base). If you're fast enough, you can catch Volga while he's still in the keep to the east of the Fairy Fountain; defeat him in the keep and you'll capture that keep to better protect the Allied Base.

Volga will also drop a Magic Jar. Grab it and use it on Wizzro, who's approaching the Allied Base from the northwest. Just go into Focus Energy and use a Special Attack to instantly reveal his Weakpoint Gauge. Wreck him with the Dominion Rod and head straight for the keep to the west of the Fairy Fountain. Start cleaning out the keep, and if you're quick you'll capture it before the rogue commander (another flying lizard-man) arrives. You might even be able to make a quick beeline up the canyon to the west, heading through the keeps in the northwest, and destroy the summoners -- one in the keep to the northwest, IIRC, and another on the altar in front of the commander in the northernmost keep.

Once the rogue captain is dispatched, the Enemy Forces send reinforcements. If you take just a little bit of time to winnow their numbers as they pour out of the altar, you can approach 1,200 KOs. You can also keep your KO count afloat by keeping the keeps east and west of the Fairy Fountain in the blue, which also protects the Allied Base (located in the Fairy Fountain).

When running for the commander of the Enemy Forces, in the northernmost keep, take the northwest canyon and crack the green pots along the way. By going into Focus Energy and using a Special Attack on Ghirahim, you'll automatically reveal his Weakpoint Gauge. Coupled with the Guard Break potion, you'll wear him down quickly, and while fighting him, you'll take out stragglers that should put you over 1,200 KOs.

Watch out for the heavy Moblins, and spam dash when Volga turns into dive-bombing dragon form. I find I take most damage from those two.

I hope this helps. Like I said, I made much more progress with the Dominion Rod and Guard Break potion. My Zelda was in the 40s, I believe.

The mission for the Great Fairy was much easier by comparison, I recall. The lv. 2 baton mission is definitely one of the harder ones.
Thanks for the write-up, it's greatly appreciated! I'll try tackling the mission again sometime soon while keeping all of this mind. It has never even occurred to me to use a Guard Break potion -- I don't think I've purchased anything from the Apothecary yet since the potions tend to be so expensive.

Iirc I had troubles with that level too. I got really close but if I got hit just once with Zelda it was enough to lose my A-rank. I think I was too underleveled. I fucked it up and got hit by the boss; got mad and decided to just fuck it and go Sheik.

Plug in a second controller, leave Zelda at some keep and just wreck everything with Sheik or whatever character you prefer. Only time I've done that in HW, but I know some people in this thread have used the dual-controllers tactic a lot.

Richie

That damn Fairy Hunting mission in Termina, Level 132 Ghirahim with Legendary skill on (450) and STILL the enemies take their damn sweet time to be killed, maybe I should train Fi since being light type she'd offer -some- advantage on Cia...But don't really dig her much, aaah...Any tips?

Neiteio

Thanks for the write-up, it's greatly appreciated! I'll try tackling the mission again sometime soon while keeping all of this mind. It has never even occurred to me to use a Guard Break potion -- I don't think I've purchased anything from the Apothecary yet since the potions tend to be so expensive.
Even with the Guard Break potion, it still took me several attempts. I recommend practicing the sequence I described (rogue captain --> Volga --> Wizzro --> rogue leader or summoners --> Ghirahim), from southeast to northwest, a few times before buying the Guard Break potion. It'll ask you to use a certain amount of material -- just take a bit from each of the materials that have 30 or more items.

Neiteio

Iirc I had troubles with that level too. I got really close but if I got hit just once with Zelda it was enough to lose my A-rank. I think I was too underleveled. I fucked it up and got hit by the boss; got mad and decided to just fuck it and go Sheik.

Plug in a second controller, leave Zelda at some keep and just wreck everything with Sheik or whatever character you prefer. Only time I've done that in HW, but I know some people in this thread have used the dual-controllers tactic a lot.
I don't understand, how would leaving a second player character unattended at some keep help make that mission easier? Does the mere presence of the player character slow down the rate at which the Allied Base falls?

I don't understand, how would leaving a second player character unattended at some keep help make that mission easier? Does the mere presence of the player character slow down the rate at which the Allied Base falls?

No, it let's you play as a stronger character. In that mission you are forced to use Zelda.

Vis a vis amiibo support, does this game define a "day" as a rolling 24-hour period? I played a bit Saturday evening and used my amiibos to get some rewards, then I picked it up again Sunday morning. It said I could only use them once a day.

Neiteio

No, it let's you play as a stronger character. In that mission you are forced to use Zelda.
Oh, that's a brilliant workaround! Haha. But you probably still have to make sure she doesn't get killed in the meantime, right? I mean, not much risk of that, I suppose.

This is a great workaround, though. I would've tried that if I had thought of it. I could've steamrolled that mission with some of my other characters.

Oh, that's a brilliant workaround! Haha. But you probably still have to make sure she doesn't get killed in the meantime, right? I mean, not much risk of that, I suppose.

This is a great workaround, though. I would've tried that if I had thought of it. I could've steamrolled that mission with some of my other characters.

Yeah, you do need to make sure she doesn't get killed. Or rather, her getting killed isn't a big concern as it's not so likely, but you can't let her take too much damage or you'll lose your rank. She did get attacked by some random grunts when I played, so you definitely gotta make sure to clear the area around her every once in a while.

And yeah, it's a great workaround indeed, but personally I don't like doing it. It kind of feels like I'm abusing the game, and it's also a bit of a hassle and of course you get all the cons of playing in co-op. I just really wanted to get the great fairy ;b

Neiteio

Want to make ~100,000 rupees in one mission? I just did it on the first Gerudo Desert level, with Impa and a Sheikah Naginata with Rupees +, and the rupee potion in effect. It costs only one rupee and requires something like 75 bits of material, which isn't bad at all.

The trick is to clear out every single enemy. Take the time to destroy each trash mob. Capture every outpost, and every keep. When capturing keeps, don't kill the captain right away -- keep destroying enemies for a good long while before killing the captain. There's no pressure in this level -- no Allied Base to defend, nothing to worry about at all, really.

By the time you're done, you'll have so many rupees, and so many materials. I invested it all in leveling up Twili Midna from lv. 15 to lv. 30. Good stuff.

Also had this funny moment where King Bulblin tried to cheer up Twili Midna:

zlcfzs--xh0wmajwn21bvumv.jpg

shaowebb

That damn Fairy Hunting mission in Termina, Level 132 Ghirahim with Legendary skill on (450) and STILL the enemies take their damn sweet time to be killed, maybe I should train Fi since being light type she'd offer -some- advantage on Cia...But don't really dig her much, aaah...Any tips?

Good luck. My wife and I got stuck too. She used Ghirahim at lvl 126 with vs soldier, mask of truth to give bonuses and extra defense. heart strong also and normal attack +. This map has damage sponges that eat time hard and make it hard to reach KO count easily. Of course they are all a bunch of douchebag fat moblins and such that will wreck your health quick too.

Its a rough ride. You basically gotta grind levels and build the hardest attack power weapon you can. I tried it with Fi and she stays really safe due to her mobility so its doable with her, but the damage scenario is just as bad or worse with her. It really does go easier with Ghirahim.

Sad thing is that path doesn't lead anywhere. The next stage nets you the ocarina then the zora mask stage is untouchable...it requires another zora mask to reveal its stuff and fight it for the mask reward. You need to head up the map in the middle and snake back to the left. Thats how you get to your first zora masks...I hope.

So another level 3 weapon down. Sheik. Last time I tried I went over 15 minutes due to not hurting Ganondorf enough. This time I have it nailed in 11 and I wasn't much stronger level-wise. I did have a +Fire +Strong Attack weapon this time and used Bolero of Fire a lot (it was so strong it was doing more than WPG finishers) which due to knocking enemies in the air gives you safe time to deploy the fire mine.

I think that 5 level 3 weapons to go and I've not even attempted two of the missions yet (Summoning gate and fairy; two weapons I have little experience with, I think I'm fine with the gate though).

That map is particularly difficult. I ended up getting the level 2 great fairy first actually. The problem with the baton is it is moderately safe and has good crowd control but really lacks a punch. Also in that mission I'd take too much damage from Wizzro. Using the level 3 rapier helped here as it its special has good range and Light element advantage (plus it being level 3 was way stronger than everything else and probably broke the difficulty curve of the mission slightly).

I have come close to getting an A rank in that mission, but the 1200 KO always screws me over since I use her rapier instead of her wind waker baton.The flying enemies take awhile to beat.I hate using zelda's other weaons
The rapier is pretty good for KOs I find. Flying enemies are really hoping for them to not troll you in the air (you want the WPG to show up as that is your main source of damage).

Do learn to use the baton though as you need to use it for the crazy level 3 baton mission (it is similar to summoning gate level 2 in that you will; be spending some time having to defend the main keep at home, it was so bad I couldn't even run off to get the Gold Skulltula although I think there is a way to get 1000 KOs before the crazy bit starts but that could easily go over 15 minutes). I managed to unseal hasty attacks during it which (like with all weapons) really helps.

mo60

So another level 3 weapon down. Sheik. Last time I tried I went over 15 minutes due to not hurting Ganondorf enough. This time I have it nailed in 11 and I wasn't much stronger level-wise. I did have a +Fire +Strong Attack weapon this time and used Bolero of Fire a lot (it was so strong it was doing more than WPG finishers) which due to knocking enemies in the air gives you safe time to deploy the fire mine.

I think that 5 level 3 weapons to go and I've not even attempted two of the missions yet (Summoning gate and fairy; two weapons I have little experience with, I think I'm fine with the gate though).

That map is particularly difficult. I ended up getting the level 2 great fairy first actually. The problem with the baton is it is moderately safe and has good crowd control but really lacks a punch. Also in that mission I'd take too much damage from Wizzro. Using the level 3 rapier helped here as it its special has good range and Light element advantage (plus it being level 3 was way stronger than everything else and probably broke the difficulty curve of the mission slightly).

The rapier is pretty good for KOs I find. Flying enemies are really hoping for them to not troll you in the air (you want the WPG to show up as that is your main source of damage).

Do learn to use the baton though as you need to use it for the crazy level 3 baton mission (it is similar to summoning gate level 2 in that you will; be spending some time having to defend the main keep at home, it was so bad I couldn't even run off to get the Gold Skulltula although I think there is a way to get 1000 KOs before the crazy bit starts but that could easily go over 15 minutes). I managed to unseal hasty attacks during it which (like with all weapons) really helps.

I can always destroy volga, the red dead knights, the other enemies and wizzro easliy. It's just that the flying enemies take like a minute to kill even with my level two 4 star glorious rapier

First off, protip for Moblins and Aeralfos: wail on them until they block at least twice (ideally, exactly twice), and then dodge away. Almost all the time, they'll belly flop/fly up into the air, almost guaranteeing you'll be able to strike their weakpoint extremely quickly.

Anyways, I beat Zelda's L2 Baton with the L1 Baton. Start by getting a couple of quick WPS on the Aeralfos down south to whittle him down a bit, then dash north and catch the messenger that passes in front of your base. From there, take out Wizzro, and then Volga. After that, loop down south, taking out the leader Aeralfos, and then take out the Rogue Leader. After you do that, the Red Leader should head on down to your base, where you can take him out and clean up enough mooks to hit 1200. The main benefit with this path is you never have to head all the way up north, saving a lot of time on footwork. And you're never too far from your allied base, so you can keep an eye on it as well.

Ozium

Even with the Guard Break potion, it still took me several attempts. I recommend practicing the sequence I described (rogue captain --> Volga --> Wizzro --> rogue leader or summoners --> Ghirahim), from southeast to northwest, a few times before buying the Guard Break potion. It'll ask you to use a certain amount of material -- just take a bit from each of the materials that have 30 or more items.

I just tried that level using your advice and I don't understand it.. you say to go to the area north of your base and kill the Aeralfos, but one inside the Rogue keep and never advances, and the other is in the southeast. It also says that "if you are quick you can catch Volga while he's still in the keep to the east of the fountain" yet when I played Volga is always to the east of the east keep on a stairway leading to the NE part of the map, and he doesn't advance.

edit: going to try Rocker's method next!

Neiteio

I just tried that level using your advice and I don't understand it.. you say to go to the area north of your base and kill the Aeralfos, but one inside the Rogue keep and never advances, and the other is in the southeast. It also says that "if you are quick you can catch Volga while he's still in the keep to the east of the fountain" yet when I played Volga is always to the east of the east keep on a stairway leading to the NE part of the map, and he doesn't advance.

edit: going to try Rocker's method next!
When you start the mission, if you go straight ahead from where you spawn, a rogue captain will come down the stairs. Kill him, then turn around and head to the fairy fountain. To the east is a keep. At that point, Volga will be passing through. He begins his advance once the first rogue captain is down.

In other news, tonight was a productive night: Got Ghirahim's lv. 2 sword (using the two-player trick -- the cucco stuck with the inactive Ghirahim while my lv. 50+ Link with the 400+ strength sword handled the mission). Then I got Ganondorf's lv. 3 swords, followed by Ghirahim's lv. 3 sword, and Link's lv. 2 Great Fairy.

Now I'm trying to get Ruto's lv. 3 scale. These flying lizard-men are maddening, though. What's the best way to deal with them? All of the Poes flying around keep confusing my lock-on, and no matter how I attack them, the lizard-men hardly take any damage. My Ruto is at lv. 35... Maybe I need to level her up?

Ozium

When you start the mission, if you go straight ahead from where you spawn, a rogue captain will come down the stairs. Kill him, then turn around and head to the fairy fountain. To the east is a keep. At that point, Volga will be passing through. He begins his advance once the first rogue captain is down.

oh man.. I must have either misread it or misinterpreted it but I just did that (go straight ahead, kill the Aeralfo) then I followed your other post.. worked like a charm!

thanks! I feel so hype right now! I love this game

In other news, tonight was a productive night: Got Ghirahim's lv. 2 sword (using the two-player trick -- the cucco stuck with the inactive Ghirahim while my lv. 50+ Link with the 400+ strength sword handled the mission). Then I got Ganondorf's lv. 3 swords, followed by Ghirahim's lv. 3 sword, and Link's lv. 2 Great Fairy.

Now I'm trying to get Ruto's lv. 3 scale. These flying lizard-men are maddening, though. What's the best way to deal with them? All of the Poes flying around keep confusing my lock-on, and no matter how I attack them, the lizard-men hardly take any damage. My Ruto is at lv. 35... Maybe I need to level her up?
I would definitely recommend at least a little bit more XP. I think I was level 45+ when I did that one. Maybe a tad more or less. I basically had a giant battle in that big open room you start near until almost everything was dead (capture the keep they pass through to slow them down at the start, though!). Stick to the peripheries and run in when you see a WP being revealed. Retreat and throw out waves when your meter's full. Your WPS is great at sucking in bystanders. Keep 'em clumped together as much as possible!

And don't forget to use your bow+arrow if you don't think you can reach them in time! Even if you hit before the WPS, it'll still come out once the slowdown wears off. Don't rush in if you're gonna take some fire or spirit balls to the face.

Just as a note: In almost any case where KOs are giving you a problem in a mission due to the weapon being used the potion to power up weapons can solve the issue due to giant bomb and light arrow spam. Granted, if you feel this is cheating/unfair then it obviously won't help, but just remember the option exists.

Ozium

the one thing that pisses me off about Adventure Mode (at least the OG) one is the amount of grinding required... not grinding to level your character or farming for weapons/rupees but grinding for adventure mode items... 5-6 places to use a harp... yet a harp only shows up on 2 stages

why.jpg

also the "all attacks are extremely deadly" are so stupid easy if you use the bow and arrow lol

shaowebb

the one thing that pisses me off about Adventure Mode (at least the OG) one is the amount of grinding required... not grinding to level your character or farming for weapons/rupees but grinding for adventure mode items... 5-6 places to use a harp... yet a harp only shows up on 2 stages

why.jpg

also the "all attacks are extremely deadly" are so stupid easy if you use the bow and arrow lol

Use Wind baton. Can't beat that tune out enough. Hit Special attack, dash cancel, repeat. You have become a bullet hell. Arrows got nothing on firing an 8 directional full field rapid fire spread shot.

Dreavus

why.jpg

Yeah, that can get a bit annoying. I didn't mind it so much in the first adventure map, but during the master quest I felt like I needed to go back for items quite a bit. I was initially going to not bother with a guide for where to use items, but I ended up changing my mind when the tenth hidden A-rank level showing a dozen bushes (one which needed the candle) popped up and I was out of compasses yet again. It would be nice if they threw down an item on more spaces, there are tons that don't give anything

Richie

Good luck. My wife and I got stuck too. She used Ghirahim at lvl 126 with vs soldier, mask of truth to give bonuses and extra defense. heart strong also and normal attack +. This map has damage sponges that eat time hard and make it hard to reach KO count easily. Of course they are all a bunch of douchebag fat moblins and such that will wreck your health quick too.

Its a rough ride. You basically gotta grind levels and build the hardest attack power weapon you can. I tried it with Fi and she stays really safe due to her mobility so its doable with her, but the damage scenario is just as bad or worse with her. It really does go easier with Ghirahim.

Sad thing is that path doesn't lead anywhere. The next stage nets you the ocarina then the zora mask stage is untouchable...it requires another zora mask to reveal its stuff and fight it for the mask reward. You need to head up the map in the middle and snake back to the left. Thats how you get to your first zora masks...I hope.

Man, thanks a bunch for sharing this, good eye on the Vs Soldier, completely forgot about it! And especially thanks for pointing out the path doesn't lead anywhere. It leaded me to indeed go upwards in the map, and find my first Zora masks! Well, IIRC, it leaded me to my first -Goron- mask, which then I could use near the Ghirahim/Fi mission to unlock two Zora masks. It gets pretty easy after that, actually! Have activated about three or four owl statues that way.

That said, I'm determined to beat that Ghirahim mission if it kills me. Grinding weapons to find a Vs Soldier, and got him at 146 now. I'll have the last laugh yet, Cia!

shaowebb

They are annoying but not as annoying as those cucco's that attack you if you hit them in some missions.

Mama cucco can fuck right off. Shows up and within half a heartbeat her chick dies because she's a terrible parent. Then she takes it out on me? Oh heeeeeeeeeeeell naw. We are gonna throw down mama cucco and you about to hear some shit you don't wanna admit whilst I slap your stupid ass around this field.

Dudes.

Nasty ol' Cuccos following you around like a stalker, always next to you, and oh, they're gonna be so surprised when you accidentally hit them. Cuccos are secretly the Zelda version of thugs looking for trouble, just waiting for you to make the wrong move so they can gang up and wreck you.

It's a tragedy, really. A comedy if you will.

Neiteio

I used to think cuccos were extremely ethical creatures, judicious in who and when they fight, but in this game... in this game they're practically looking for a fight. They just need an excuse... however flimsy...

Richie

Dudes.

Nasty ol' Cuccos following you around like a stalker, always next to you, and oh, they're gonna be so surprised when you accidentally hit them. Cuccos are secretly the Zelda version of thugs looking for trouble, just waiting for you to make the wrong move so they can gang up and wreck you.

It's a tragedy, really. A comedy if you will.

Hilarious stop-motion animated film, Cucco Run! In theaters this summer.

Dubz

It's not a traditional Zelda game by any stretch, so just keep that in mind. Hope you like it, though!
I know that. My post was meant to be humorous. That being said it will be the first game I've ever played with Zelda characters.....besides Smash.

Neiteio

I know that. My post was meant to be humorous. That being said it will be the first game I've ever played with Zelda characters.....besides Smash.
Ah, OK. :)

Some quick tips:

1) You don't need to pick up rupees, materials, weapon drops, etc. You'll get them all automatically at the end of the mission. So you can just leave them on the field.

2) You can automatically go into a dash by tapping the dodge button and holding it until the dodge animation completes.

3) You're not supposed to kill every enemy you see. In fact, you'll ignore like 90% of them. You'll mainly focus on the enemies in the keeps, the captains leading the charge, and the enemies attacking your allies.

Dubz

Ah, OK. :)

Some quick tips:

1) You don't need to pick up rupees, materials, weapon drops, etc. You'll get them all automatically at the end of the mission. So you can just leave them on the field.

2) You can automatically go into a dash by tapping the dodge button and holding it until the dodge animation completes.

3) You're not supposed to kill every enemy you see. In fact, you'll ignore like 90% of them. You'll mainly focus on the enemies in the keeps, the captains leading the charge, and the enemies attacking your allies.
Cool. Thanks for the tips.

Neiteio

The Imprisoned is easily the worst boss enemy, such a damage sponge. Is there a trick with him that I don't know about?
Imprisoned is easy. Just run between his legs and do a special attack to instantly shatter all of his toes. Then beat the shit out of him. He'll then wriggle around on his belly for a bit, so run off until he stands back up and grows back his toes. He'll pulsate with energy, then he'll start stomping around. Dodge each step and hit the toes until they're gone or you have enough special meter to destroy them again (special meter builds while you attack the toes).

Ozium

I just got the Great Fairy "weapon," oh my GOD.

Hmm, don't they show up at random anyway?

they do but friends' links will appear in addition to the 4 random ones and give much better loot drops

Imprisoned is easy, but monotonous... so they are spot on in adapting him from SS ;)

daydream

Banned
Imprisoned is easy. Just run between his legs and do a special attack to instantly shatter all of his toes. Then beat the shit out of him. He'll then wriggle around on his belly for a bit, so run off until he stands back up and grows back his toes. He'll pulsate with energy, then he'll start stomping around. Dodge each step and hit the toes until they're gone or you have enough special meter to destroy them again (special meter builds while you attack the toes).

Thanks, I'm ~100h into the game so I'm aware of the textbook method.

Never said he was difficult (Manhandla is the most challenging since you can get caught in a stun thingy if you don't pay attention), I was just wondering if there was some exploit or something that would make it go quicker. I guess special attack between the legs really is the best way.

Neiteio

Thanks, I'm ~100h into the game so I'm aware of the textbook method.

Never said he was difficult (Manhandla is the most challenging since you can get caught in a stun thingy if you don't pay attention), I was just wondering if there was some exploit or something that would make it go quicker. I guess special attack between the legs really is the best way.
Sorry, I was genuinely trying to help :-\

Like I said, the special attack between the legs is the quickest way to make him fall.

Not sure what the quickest way to deplete his HP is, though.

daydream

Banned
Sorry, I was genuinely trying to help :-\

Like I said, the special attack between the legs is the quickest way to make him fall.

Not sure what the quickest way to deplete his HP is, though.

It's all good, no need to infer a grumpy tone where there isn't one. :D

Keep spreading the HW love~

Richie

Seriously, I'd pay $1 solely for a patch that made The Imprisoned less of a pain to deal with. If I could take all of its weak spot in a single go that'd be much better. Don't see the need to -force- breaking its toes twice. Not to mention, why don't the little Imprisoned give any materials whatsoever? IIRC they're the only enemy with a health bar not to do so. It's a pain to farm 'em via the big guy, at least make these little fellows drop the Silver materials from time to time.

Top Bottom