• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Just spied unlockable Zant all the way across the adventure map, it's gonna be a loooong journey to Death Mountain, wait for me Usurper King.

Maybe my Zelda 1 logic is out of whack but when trying to meet the search conditions for Ruto I bombed that one lone rock on the screen only to find out I needed to use a compass first and make it all sparkly, upon returning with another bomb it still did bugger all, this jagged green thing is a rock right?

Power bracelet

I don't have Hyrule Warriors yet (ugh NoA), but if you're talking about the original LoZ and the rocks that look like melting ice cream, you pushed those, not bombed them. Again, I don't have HW yet, so I don't know if they're copying LoZ exactly, but that's what it was in the original game. Most you couldn't interact with, but if you could, it was by pushing.

Power bracelet
Ah I see, thanks. You can tell I never made much progress in Zelda 1, my series shame revealed.
I'm gonna give that rock the shunting of a lifetime.

You know what im loving about Nintendo lately? The change the music of the eshop on the release date of an important game to the main theme of the game. Did it with MK8 and now with hyrule warriors.

Mixed with the banners is a good way for people to notice which game has just released. It also helps the music is amazing.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Yeah that might be more accurate, pretty sure you can play coop for the rest of the campaign
It is accurate. I've played the whole game with my fiancée, just not the first mission because she couldn't join it.

Tregard

Soothsayer
As someone who has never played a Dynasty Warriors game, what other games could Hyrule Warriors be compared to? I'm trying to get a sense of whether I would enjoy it or not.

As someone who has never played a Dynasty Warriors game, what other games could Hyrule Warriors be compared to? I'm trying to get a sense of whether I would enjoy it or not.

Pirate Warriors, Samurai Warriors, Warriors Orochi etc. ;b

There's nothing like it outside the mousu-games. Take a gamble and buy it though, I'm sure you'll love it. If not, at least you'll die knowing you tried!

No, what I mean is that Nintendo had very little hand in this. The credit should go towards the actual developers. People who play games on Nintendo systems' are quick to praise Nintendo when the ones who deserve the credit are the ones who actually made the game!

Ah sorry, you're right. I know Nintendo wasn't that much involved but it's great that they allowed a company like TecmoKoei/ Team Ninja to use the Zelda theme for this game.

Apparently there's some kind of friend list tie-in in the adventure mode. I'm kinda low on friends on my Wii U so add me NNID: DaanMuffin. (if this is the wrong topic for that, please redirect me)

m0t0k1

Have you ever played old skool 2d beat em ups like final fight or streets of rage? Its kinda like that. So many people attacking you and you combo them to death. With usually some kind of stronger enemy at the end. and its on a 3d field instead of side scrolling. This game also got some strategics involved. By capturing bases on the level. But most enemies are more mindless then the old games. I think this is the best comparison that i can be make.

I've never played a Dynasty Warriors game before and I feel that it's a little like a more action game version (ie. no RTS stuff, you don't have to manage anyone else) of Brutal Legend's combat, although admittedly I haven't played it in a while. You're often flitting about the level just disposing of enemies to clear things out on the way to your actual target, and the meat of the game isn't in fact in disposing of the enemies but that disposing of the enemies always meets a larger goal (clearing strongholds, replacing enemy placements with allied ones by attracting and killing the leader).

At first, I didn't really like the game - it felt just totally mindless - but for me, once I put the preconception behind me that the game was absolutely just about the combat, I suddenly started having a lot of fun.
Although I totally expect someone to correct me on every aspect of this post

Oh, and if you're a fan of Zelda, just buy it. The fanservice is just amazing.

First impression is how ugly this game is. The graphics are bad and the UI design is even worse.

Looks like it could be nice fan service and fun though.

Dizzy

Banned
How does adventure mode work?

I moved to a square with two gold skulltulas. I killed 1000 enemies to get one of them to appear on the map. How do I uncover the second? Same for heart pieced. I captured every keep and outpost and got an A rank for everything yet no heart piece.

Also I killed an item carrier but got nothing?

I moved to a square with two gold skulltulas. I killed 1000 enemies to get one of them to appear on the map. How do I uncover the second? Same for heart pieced. I captured every keep and outpost and got an A rank for everything yet no heart piece.

press start and look in the warrior info menu, the skulltula info will be there.

Kouriozan

Ok, for skulltula you have to check the conditions to make those appear in the battle menu -> warrior -> Skulltula(s)

For heart pieces, you either capture keep or it's hidden under rocks or something, only if those are in the "treasures" you can get in the battle (when choosing a stage there is A rank/B rank/Treasures reward)
EDIT : Oh and you have to play with the same character as the heart pieces icon too.

Jackano

In Adventure Mode when there is two skulltulas to find... Up until now playing in japanese, it seems to me you just have to play the level twice. It doesn't seem possible to me to get the two in one game. I'm almost 100% sure I've found two skulltulas on a certain screen of the map this way.

Edit: For heart pieces, Sometimes you need a certain item to get to certain places of the map. Also, you need to use some map item on the map screen (like bombs) to unlock the heart piece when actually playing.
You can use a compass item to check where to drop a bomb/use another item.

Dizzy

Banned
Ah ok I get it now. Thanks. :)

The game just explained the items too. Strsnge that I got a heart for an A rank on the first level but not the compass as well since thst was just a battle victory.

Kouriozan

There was one with "Finish the first mission then kill 1200 monster without losing 4 hearts or more" and the normal "kill 1000 monster" and only got one, but I think that's because I killed the 1200 monster before completing the first mission.
I'll need to do some test on another map.

jonno394

Adventure mode is distracting me too much from the main game....must resist the mode

edit - Second Skulltulla only shows up after you've got the first one. You need to replay the level a second time.

Riki

You know what im loving about Nintendo lately? The change the music of the eshop on the release date of an important game to the main theme of the game. Did it with MK8 and now with hyrule warriors.

Mixed with the banners is a good way for people to notice which game has just released. It also helps the music is amazing.
Half the reason I even go to the eShop is for the new music.

So despite still being bad graphically and with an unstable framerate in single player it's confirmed for me there must be a drastic reduction in resolution and framerate in co-op.

This game is clearly a horrendous technical mess and is no way worthy of the Zelda IP. No idea what Nintendo was thinking.

I was looking forward to a weekend of coop action but I don't want a headache from sub 20 fps and to be staring at a game with a resolution and IQ that rivals a PS2 game.

What a shambles.

Sadist

Yup, it's those little touches that make me giggle.

And goddamnit reviewer guy I know... now I had to buy it

jgU80jWCDANbd.jpg

First impressions are pretty neat

Sify64

I'm getting crushed in the Darunia stage. The allied base keeps being defeated because there are two different attacks happening at the same time. And trying to defeat the boss to get a victory takes too much time. More importantly, I can't find the Skulltulas.

jonno394

I'm getting crushed in the Darunia stage. The allied base keeps being defeated because there are two different attacks happening at the same time. And trying to defeat the boss to get a victory takes too much time. More importantly, I can't find the Skulltulas.

There are two bases that you need to capture to stop the boulder attacks on the allied base, keeping these yours are key. If they fall, make recapturing it your priority as it will stop the allied base receiving damage from the boulders..

Sify64

There are two bases that you need to capture to stop the boulder attacks on the allied base, keeping these yours are key. If they fall, make recapturing it your priority as it will stop the allied base receiving damage from the boulders..
The problem is that when I go to recapture one of the boulder keeps, the bombchu have already gotten close to my base so there is no time left to kill both operators. I'll just reset and make it a focus to hold onto both of the keeps.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Does it have a gold disc?

No.

You had one job, Nintendo.

First impression is how ugly this game is. The graphics are bad and the UI design is even worse.

Looks like it could be nice fan service and fun though.

Yeah, the graphics are shit. The fog around the castle on the intro screen even reminds you of the good old N64 times.

But Zelda rock music is pretty cool.

TheMoon

I know it was said jokingly but still, PH, ST, Skyward Sword, Wind Waker HD, ALBW also had no gold game media. It's just not a thing anymore, guys :)

Gold case/cover is the best you can hope for while everyone who likes gorgeous covers will hate you because colors > gold.

Sadist

btw, where can I find and equip the 8-bit sword and shield? It's free right? (Part of the update bumping it to version 1.2.1)

The
zant stage
(second stage of TP branch) is hard as nails, I havent died (for example, did many times in the darunia and ruto ones because I couldnt get in time saving the important bases and saving my commanders at the same time), but the fighting aspect of them is the most difficult yet.
Agarog the dragon from TP, Zant and four motherfucking commanders.
ALL at the same time.
Agarog is difficult because he takes too much hits and the four commanders (two mummy freezers and two aeroalfos) tried to stop you from hitting when the silver life of the boss appears
It didn't help that in the middle of this huge fight
Zant
came to join them.

He is much more difficult because his special attacks dont have weakpoints (appeared randomly after some of this attacks, other times they didnt with the same attack). Then at the end I discovered you
probably need to use the hookshot when he tries to do one of this attacks becuase the weak point always appear
Too bad he only had like a small slice when I discovered that.

btw, where can I find and equip the 8-bit sword and shield? It's free right? (Part of the update bumping it to version 1.2.1)

Need to beat
ganondorf
it seems.

Golnei

Generally, I'd prefer it if the fully-coloured art was used for the cover, while the cartridge/disc art uses the gold version. The simpler, smaller space of the physical game media would lend itself well to monochromatic gold, while not compromising the detail of the full cover.

ZhugeEX

Banned
I've been a musou fan since 2000 with Dynasty Warriors 2. Played all of them really.

And I'm really digging Hyrule Warriors because this is the first musou game I've played where they've mixed it up enough for it to be It's own game. Whilst Dynasty Warriors / Samurai Warriors / Warriors Orochi etc... all have their own quirks I think Hyrule Warriors has really brought something else to the table and I really think the Legend Of Zelda world has been incorporated really well into the Musou style gameplay.

The things I like is the new weapons that are very unique. The boss battles and even mini boss battles can now be really hard and require some sort of strategy to defeat. The apothecary idea is cool as well as is the secondary weapon or item. Even the maps look a lot cooler and better designed than typical musou games. One Piece Musou is the only other game I've played where I thought it was better than the mainline musou games, this is now the second.

Sure it's not a perfect game but I like it and if they take the stuff from this game and improve on it and put it into one of their next musou games then I'm sure I'll like that one as well.

So despite still being bad graphically and with an unstable framerate in single player it's confirmed for me there must be a drastic reduction in resolution and framerate in co-op.

This game is clearly a horrendous technical mess and is no way worthy of the Zelda IP. No idea what Nintendo was thinking.

I was looking forward to a weekend of coop action but I don't want a headache from sub 20 fps and to be staring at a game with a resolution and IQ that rivals a PS2 game.

What a shambles.

you are trying way too hard

Top Bottom