• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Reknoc

lol just found out you can use the touch screen to equip items with the Skyward Sword weapon wheel by accidentally leaning my hand on the screen. Prefer it to using the d-pad as well.

By Nintendo do you mean the one guy who said "yeah that's fine"? Because Eiji Aonuma was like the only guy from Nintendo who even touched the game ;b

Absolutely. It works so well. And it's not the typical Warriors-game-quality here. This game is the best looking Warriors-game (still not great though but way better than any other game from the series). It doesn't "feel" like a typical zelda game (of course, the gameplay is different) but the atmosphere and music...it's great.

Dizzy

Banned
Lol at the recent Ganondorf comments. I just unlocked him too snd he is defintely something else. He just swipes down enemies like they're made of paper. His final combo attack too can almost capture a keep alone. It's awesome.

Just beat the first levels of the three story branches (playing in hard).
Im having a blast with the game. Its incredibly fun, and I wouldnt call the story super good but its pretty interesting right now. Also Cya's story is told amazingly (2D drawings). ALso love the character expressions during the cutscenes.
Lana is so fun to play with the book. Same with Sheik and Impa. Link is worst character lol
The OST is so good when you hear a familiar melody. And for the new tracks I freaking love the song in the Cya assault stage. Dat chorus.

Now Danganronpa before sleep (chapter 5) but tomorrow I will continue my quest with this game.
Really glad I bought it.

Kinsei

Banned
Lol at the recent Ganondorf comments. I just unlocked him too snd he is defintely something else. He just swipes down enemies like they're made of paper. His final combo attack too can almost capture a keep alone. It's awesome.

Does he have a second weapon slot?

Just beat the first levels of the three story branches (playing in hard).
Im having a blast with the game. Its incredibly fun, and I wouldnt call the story super good but its pretty interesting right now. Also Cya's story is told amazingly (2D drawings). ALso love the character expressions during the cutscenes.
Lana is so fun to play with the book. Same with Sheik and Impa. Link is worst character lol
The OST is so good when you hear a familiar melody. And for the new tracks I freaking love the song in the Cya assault stage. Dat chorus.

Now Danganronpa before sleep (chapter 5) but tomorrow I will continue my quest with this game.
Really glad I bought it.

Skyloft music is so good. I love this stage.

btw: this version is fantastic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LGjxf-qUwM (Zelda "house" music)

t5WAZ0C.jpg
Ruse classic items?

I only saw it in one of the five shops that sell games near me, early afternoon on Australian release day. Not sure if they are sold out, didn't order many/any, there was a shipment problem or what.

I didn't buy it as I am on the fence with it and one of the places that didn't have it should be cheaper.

Also the EB had some empty space in the New Releases so maybe it was sold out.

picked it up from target at 8am for 59 aussie, was hoping be tons of people outside EB like the Mario Kart 8 launch to play Smash with but noone :/ Aussie bomba?

Im liking it but dam having to
kill a huge amount of fodder to get A ranks sucks balls after playing so much DW8X, feels like im wasting 10mins every mission

one_kill

Got the game earlier this morning, but had to take my little brother to a birthday party

Looking forward to some mindless hack and slash

Dizzy

Banned
So I guess you'll unlock Zelda only after the end of the story mode?
No its long before that.

Does he have a second weapon slot?
The game wont show slots for weapons, it will only appear underneath his usual weapon if you find one.

I think I read that Ganon only gets one weapon. 90% sure I resd that somewhere. He does kind of have a second special attack though.

Ein Bear

I feel like I'm being dumb and missing something obvious here, but once a Skulltula has appeared... Where are they? I keep going to the area of the map marked by a web, but there's never anything there.

imae

I feel like I'm being dumb and missing something obvious here, but once a Skulltula has appeared... Where are they? I keep going to the area of the map marked by a web, but there's never anything there.

Run around in the web area until you hear the skulltula sound. The louder the sound, the closer you are.

The sound is like an insect scraping like sound.

jonno394

Don't worry. You're not the only one. Gonna leave the story mode skulltullas until after my first playthrough I think.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I got a question, can you change the difficulty without starting a new game? There are some people who said normal is surprisingly challenging and others who say normal is piss-easy, I want to see if normal would be good for me(first musou) when I get the game in the U.S

They're anywhere on the spiderweb that shows on the map. You can find them by paying attention to the sound they made (somewhat cheating, but turn of the BGM volume in settings to make it easier). Sometimes you need an object to reach their location, like the boomerang or the hookshot.

Ein Bear

Nice one, thanks guys, I hadn't realised they were still 'hidden', I expected the Skulltulas to be some giant thing in the centre of the icon. Just got the one in level 4!

jonno394

Just went in to GAME to get a £15 eshop top up and they had this in stock and couldn't resist (70 pages of art and "making of" stuff). Gonna leave it sealed until I've finished the main mode.

15109322077_ab6eff3ac0_c.jpg

Jackano

Question: Do you guys in EU got the 8 bits sword right away in your inventory (280 ATA, no other bonus)? That's the way I got it after the 1st update in the JP version, but still got nothing in the EU version. I fear for a bug.

Ein Bear

Question: Do you guys in EU got the 8 bits sword right away in your inventory (280 ATA, no other bonus)? That's the way I got it after the 1st update in the JP version, but still got nothing in the EU version. I fear for a bug.

EU here and I haven't got anything yet. Seems like it would be a bit broken to just give it you from the off though, maybe you have to beat the story first?

JoeM86

It apparently unlocks when you beat the game

RiggyRob

Just got the LE - when you've registered the game on Club Nintendo, how long does it take for the Ganondorf costume code to appear?

Also can you buy the DLC through the game or do you have to go through the eShop?

JoeM86

Just got the LE - when you've registered the game on Club Nintendo, how long does it take for the Ganondorf costume code to appear?

Also can you buy the DLC through the game or do you have to go through the eShop?

Took about 5 hours for me, and you can access the eShop through the game. There's a bit on the main menu prompting you to go

mine was there within 30 minutes I registered at around half 4 yesterday had it before 5

Kouriozan

It apparently unlocks when you beat the game
You get it at the same time you unlock Ganondorf in the story.
2 missions after the branching path join again.

Just went in to GAME to get a £15 eshop top up and they had this in stock and couldn't resist (70 pages of art and "making of" stuff). Gonna leave it sealed until I've finished the main mode.

15109322077_ab6eff3ac0_c.jpg

I've been debating ordering this in the US. Seems like a quality guide/artbook. I'd definitely appreciate your impressions on it once you open it.

Absolutely. It works so well. And it's not the typical Warriors-game-quality here. This game is the best looking Warriors-game (still not great though but way better than any other game from the series). It doesn't "feel" like a typical zelda game (of course, the gameplay is different) but the atmosphere and music...it's great.

No, what I mean is that Nintendo had very little hand in this. The credit should go towards the actual developers. People who play games on Nintendo systems' are quick to praise Nintendo when the ones who deserve the credit are the ones who actually made the game!

RiggyRob

Took about 5 hours for me, and you can access the eShop through the game. There's a bit on the main menu prompting you to go

mine was there within 30 minutes I registered at around half 4 yesterday had it before 5

Cheers, guess I'll just have to wait.

This might be a silly question, but is co-op mode unlocked from the start, and can you play through (what I assume is) the main story mode in co-op too?

Kouriozan

Ghirahim betrayed you!

It was an adventure map where you fight some bosses, I picked Ganondorf and Ghirahim is there to stop you :lol

one_kill

I really like how Zelda looks in this game

I missed out on the first skulltula. I noticed it was making a sound, but unsure of how to find it

tinders

This might be a silly question, but is co-op mode unlocked from the start, and can you play through (what I assume is) the main story mode in co-op too?

IIRC coop is 'unlocked' from the start. mind the performance dip though

I've heard that co-op is locked until you finish the first mission solo. Not sure if you can complete the entire story mode in co-op if you haven't done so in solo mode.

Just spied unlockable Zant all the way across the adventure map, it's gonna be a loooong journey to Death Mountain, wait for me Usurper King.

Maybe my Zelda 1 logic is out of whack but when trying to meet the search conditions for Ruto I bombed that one lone rock on the screen only to find out I needed to use a compass first and make it all sparkly, upon returning with another bomb it still did bugger all, this jagged green thing is a rock right?

Maybe my Zelda 1 logic is out of whack but when trying to meet the search conditions for Ruto I bombed that one lone rock on the screen only to find out I needed to use a compass first and make it all sparkly, upon returning with another bomb it still did bugger all, this jagged green thing is a rock right?

I don't have Hyrule Warriors yet (ugh NoA), but if you're talking about the original LoZ and the rocks that look like melting ice cream, you pushed those, not bombed them. Again, I don't have HW yet, so I don't know if they're copying LoZ exactly, but that's what it was in the original game. Most you couldn't interact with, but if you could, it was by pushing.

Top Bottom