• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

mo60

Do I have to beat sheik's level 3 mission to get access to the level one summoning gate mission for lana?

And I seem to be unlocking level three weapons for everyone really quickly now. I only have a few level three weapons left to get. I also managed to beat Fi's level three weapon mission without her level 2 weapon.

Rafavert

We just beat (but not 100%, just killed Ganon) the Adventure map, does that unlock it? Or is that DLC?

Master Quest map is DLC. I think it's a low blow. We get the characters for free, but they can only get good weapons if you buy the DLC...! Of course it still beats not getting the characters at all, but yeah...

Tendo

So I just finished the story on normal and am going back through getting all the heart pieces and skulltulas on normal. After I do that should I do adventure mode? What is the best place to level grind/ item grind? Is there a guide for that stuff?

I don't want to go in and get face rolled.

And Fi sucks.

So I just finished the story on normal and am going back through getting all the heart pieces and skulltulas on normal. After I do that should I do adventure mode? What is the best place to level grind/ item grind? Is there a guide for that stuff?

I don't want to go in and get face rolled.

And Fi sucks.

You don't need to grind items or levels. Just go play adventure mode when you feel like it and stop worrying.

Bladelaw

I'm in a similar place Tendo. I'm looking to unlock the Master Sword's ability but the description is vague.

For "All weapons" Link has a bunch, (Sword, Spinner, Horse, etc). Do I just need all those types unlocked? Or do I need to go a level deeper and unlock Epona, Epona of Twilight, and Epona of Time, except for every weapon variation for every character?

And after doing all that is the ability worth it?

I'm in a similar place Tendo. I'm looking to unlock the Master Sword's ability but the description is vague.

For "All weapons" Link has a bunch, (Sword, Spinner, Horse, etc). Do I just need all those types unlocked? Or do I need to go a level deeper and unlock Epona, Epona of Twilight, and Epona of Time, except for every weapon variation for every character?

And after doing all that is the ability worth it?

All weapons -- including all weapon tiers. The "ability" is that you do more damage.

Guess I'm wanting to A rank all levels first go - shouldn't look at things that way should I?

A-rank all levels first go? Good luck with that, friend. Look, when you start playing the adventure map, you'll find that the early levels are really easy and you'll A-rank them easily, and then you'll just take it from there and see how challenging you find it. If you're really into grinding, then certain levels in adventure map is the best way to go at it. If you really want an early advantage, you could play from Legends on hard again straight away, but it's definitely not necessary.

Tendo

All weapons -- including all weapon tiers. The "ability" is that you do more damage.

A-rank all levels first go? Good luck with that, friend. Look, when you start playing the adventure map, you'll find that the early levels are really easy and you'll A-rank them easily, and then you'll just take it from there and see how challenging you find it. If you're really into grinding, then certain levels in adventure map is the best way to go at it. If you really want an early advantage, you could play from Legends on hard again straight away, but it's definitely not necessary.

Cool. Any "best" grind spots on the map? I have all the dlc so if another map is best lemme know. Either for levels or rupees.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Cool. Any "best" grind spots on the map? I have all the dlc so if another map is best lemme know. Either for levels or rupees.

Try not to worry about grinding. If a level is too hard for a character, maybe throw some rupees into them to level them up a little bit. Otherwise, just keep playin, they'll get stronger as you go. I beat the first adventure map the other day and I never had to "grind" anyone, just periodically went into the bazarr and leveled them up with rupees if they were lagging behind due to not being used enough.

shaowebb

Lower left side of Master Quest in Hyrule Warriors (might be the regular map...cant remember) is a KO count stage with a few manhandlas, a TON of magic to stay in focus spirit for bonus xp and even a few easy generals to farm. I hit it frequently because you can nearly run the entire stage while in focus spirit by making a go at the transport captains when you get low. I'd say most of my levels between 60 and 100 came from grinding it with xp boost potions on.

Can someone point me to a list of what the skulltulas unlock? I hear about all these rad potions, but I don't think I have them... I remember hearing that the Skulltulas open up different potions.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Can someone point me to a list of what the skulltulas unlock? I hear about all these rad potions, but I don't think I have them... I remember hearing that the Skulltulas open up different potions.

50 skulltulas will max out the bazaar, potion-wise. I forget what the threshholds are before that, though. I've never bought a single potion, I should maybe think about it some day.

Otherwise, they just unlock reward maps as you complete illustrations.

NEO0MJ

Bought this game a week ago. Having so much fun with it. Kinda regret uying it so late, but that gave me time to enjoy the rest of 2014's games.

Need some help with a Legend mode mission
I'm at fight with Cia after getting the master sword. After unlocking the area where we fight her I seem to be losing keeps really fast, I tried to ignore them and beat Cia but they fell and lost the mission. And even if time doesn't run out I'm having trouble when Cia splits into four. Any tips?

Bought this game a week ago. Having so much fun with it. Kinda regret uying it so late, but that gave me time to enjoy the rest of 2014's games.

Need some help with a Legend mode mission
I'm at fight with Cia after getting the master sword. After unlocking the area where we fight her I seem to be losing keeps really fast, I tried to ignore them and beat Cia but they fell and lost the mission. And even if time doesn't run out I'm having trouble when Cia splits into four. Any tips?

Don't remember ever having trouble with that one, but then I did it in co-op with my sister. I'd say make sure you're enhanced your character with badges as much as possible. You can also go back and redo previous levels for the Skulltulas and raise your levels a bit.

You can also start doing the Adventure map and buff characters up that way. Otherwise, definitely focus on keeping the keeps. Once you beat the enemy ccaptain, you should be safe.

You definitely shouldn't have to re-play earlier levels or go to the adventure map to "buff" up. If you're playing on normal, all the levels in Legends are definitely beatable even with bottom-level characters. I'm sorry though, NEO0MJ, it's been so long and I can only vaguely remember that level. Just figure out a strategy and you'll do it.

explodet

Feed me to an Imprisoned if old.

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/zelda/update_0226.html

0217_ss01_b.jpg

tumblr_njxigdByEe1qzp9weo1_1280.jpg

http://tinycartridge.com/post/111304697462/lets-see-whats-going-on-in-hyrule-warriors-these
Oh not much, just a mode where you play as giant-ass pig monster Ganon.

It comes out in Japan at the end of the month, in the “Ganon Pack.”

Oh yeah, I forgot to post this stuff here. Someone made a thread for it with more information and stuff. I didn't add any images, I just added a little bit of info to the OP.

The new challenge mode where you find bosses sounds pretty whatever, while playing as Ganon is hopefully going to be fun. Keep in mind that this is the cheapest of the packs, so not expecting too much. New costumes for Link, Lana and Zelda too; probably just recolors.

Bladelaw

I'm kind of LTTP on this but I just finished Legend Mode last night. The final fight was awesome.

So I've started Adventure Mode (first map) and I'm trying to unlock what I can to get the Master Sword. Is it worth it to A rank every node? Should I poke my head into the other maps first (I have all the DLC)? What big ticket items should I push for first? I was thinking of unlocking the remaining characters to open them up. I have Ruto and just need to unlock Ghirahim, Zant, and Agitha.

Alternatively boosting my heroes badges I need a ton of silver/gold mats. Is the boost from playing Legend/Free mode in Hero difficulty noticeable? Is it worth the difficulty jump? Is there a reason to get more than 50 Skulltulas? How awesome/terrible is the Material boost potion? Is the friend stuff in Adventure mode worth pursuing? If so my NNID is Bladelaw, let me know if I should add you.

TheMoon

I'll try coming back to it later. I was in a rush while playing that level so maybe I got careless.

That's probably it. Every level is very doable for a first timer even on Hard. On Normal it should be a cakewalk unless you're completely ignoring the given task at hand.

I'm kind of LTTP on this but I just finished Legend Mode last night. The final fight was awesome.

So I've started Adventure Mode (first map) and I'm trying to unlock what I can to get the Master Sword. Is it worth it to A rank every node? Should I poke my head into the other maps first (I have all the DLC)? What big ticket items should I push for first? I was thinking of unlocking the remaining characters to open them up. I have Ruto and just need to unlock Ghirahim, Zant, and Agitha.

Alternatively boosting my heroes badges I need a ton of silver/gold mats. Is the boost from playing Legend/Free mode in Hero difficulty noticeable? Is it worth the difficulty jump? Is there a reason to get more than 50 Skulltulas? How awesome/terrible is the Material boost potion? Is the friend stuff in Adventure mode worth pursuing? If so my NNID is Bladelaw, let me know if I should add you.

- You already have the Master Sword, you got it in Legends mode.
- No, do adventure first. I'd prioritize level 1 weapons and characters, but that's me.
- You won't manage hero difficulty.
- You unlock rewards maps when you get skultullas.

Bladelaw

- You already have the Master Sword, you got it in Legends mode.
- No, do adventure first. I'd prioritize level 1 weapons and characters, but that's me.
- You won't manage hero difficulty.
- You unlock rewards maps when you get skultullas.

Yep I meant the Master Sword's ability.

When you say I won't manage hero difficulty are we talking level 100+ enemies? My highest is Link at 50 now. My biggest weapon is a 384 Spinner.

At what point should I be looking to tackle Hero mode?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

When you say I won't manage hero difficulty are we talking level 100+ enemies? My highest is Link at 50 now. My biggest weapon is a 384 Spinner.

I tried hero mode and man it's just brutal. Enemies just Do Not Die, it's not that it's hard, it's just really frustrating and incredibly boring. I wouldn't try it until you're level 100+. It seems like a mode that just exists to give you something to do with your high level characters once you have them.

Hero mode is designed with level 99 in mind. Speaking of which being a higher level (as the cap is now 200, thankfully EXP needed to reach next level doesn't go up after 99) might not exactly help much due to a hidden damage cap mechanic (I don't know if it is in legend or not, they might not have included it due to not planning).

On the other hand Hard mode is perfectly fine and might be a bit easy even (i'd certainly take a break from legend mode with adventure). I'm not sure the boss rush reward map mostly obtained from the skultullas is worth it but the true partners reward map from all normal skultullas and the first 3 hard mode one is a good way to get materials off girls (kill time for about 5 minutes, pick Midna, the remaining boss enemies will be low HP, if they're getting finished off before you can to them by allies or enemies you left it a bit late)

shameless bit of self-promotion here guys (but we don't monetize in any way so I literally have nothing to gain except views) but my wife and I casually run a blog where we do video reviews of co-op games from the perspective of playing with loved ones who might be less skilled than you. we just posted our Hyrule Warriors review and I'd be humbled if you guys checked it out! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaAKI4AE1XU

thanks!

You must acquire all the new weapons and the tier 2 and 3 weapons for all characters in the first adventure map in order to unlock that skill. Rather, allow you to start unlocking it.

After you unlock the Master Sword's skill, the 25,000 KO skill that shows up on other weapons can start to be unlocked.

So after I said I was taking a break I ended up playing this for a few hours today, just leveling up Link and arranging ultimate weapons. Got a 420 Magical Sword with 8 slots, so I'm setting that up. ANOTHER DAY. I'm really taking a break! I have a backlog!

*runs*

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Goddamn I love Ganon. I think he's my new favourite.

Here are my favourites:
1) Ganon
2) Impa (both great sword and naginata are fun)
3) Lana (tome)
4) Sheik
5) Zelda (rapier, haven't tried the baton yet)

My least favourite so far is Midna. She's so clunky to use and I hate her animations. I haven't used Zant or Ghirahim much but they seem to have annoying animations and cooldowns. Not a big fan of Ruto or Fi either but my boyfriend likes them. He doesn't care for Sheik or Lana so it evens out. We both dislike Midna a lot though. XD

Ganon is seriously OP though. Best KO-per-second machine?

You must acquire all the new weapons and the tier 2 and 3 weapons for all characters in the first adventure map in order to unlock that skill. Rather, allow you to start unlocking it.

After you unlock the Master Sword's skill, the 25,000 KO skill that shows up on other weapons can start to be unlocked.
Jesus, that's never gonna happen... what is that 25k skill anyway?

Not a big fan of Ruto or Fi either but my boyfriend likes them. He doesn't care for Sheik or Lana so it evens out. We both dislike Midna a lot though. XD

I don't get how anyone can like Fi tbh

And that 25k skill is a boost to the weapon's ATK.

mo60

For some reason I can't unlock lana's summoning gate weapon. I got a A rank on all the missions surrounding the summoning gate mission, but it still won't unlock.

For some reason I can't unlock lana's summoning gate weapon. I got a A rank on all the missions surrounding the summoning gate mission, but it still won't unlock.

Don't you have to use the raft on the level below it? Or am I thinking of the Great Fairy? You probably need some item, anyway.

TheMoon

Here are my favourites:
1) Ganon
3) Lana (tome)
4) Sheik

My least favourite so far is Midna. She's so clunky to use and I hate her animations. I haven't used Zant or Ghirahim much but they seem to have annoying animations and cooldowns. Not a big fan of Ruto or Fi either but my boyfriend likes them. He doesn't care for Sheik or Lana so it evens out. We both dislike Midna a lot though. XD

You love Ganondorf, not Ganon. Ganon is who you can play as in the Boss Pack DLC. Big (literally) difference.

Here are my favourites:
1) Ganon
3) Lana (tome)
4) Sheik

Link is probably the best KO-per-second machine, but after him I put Ganondorf and Twili Midna.

I don't get how anyone can like Fi tbh

And that 25k skill is a boost to the weapon's ATK.
Fi is my wife's main. :-X

Bladelaw

I played a bit more Adventure Mode. I now have all characters so that's one goal down. Next it's time for the great weapon hunt. Either that or cleaning up skulltulas in normal legend mode.

I find I'm constantly short of a few "common" materials. Specifically, Stalmaster Bones, and ReDead Bandages. Is there a place I can load up on these? Also what's the gold/silver material used to cap out Link's badges? I figured it would be Ganon's Fang but that's only for one badge line.

With all the maps and content these different adventure modes offer, it's much more likely than you think.

The Master Sword's skill, Evil's Bane, increases its attack by 200, giving it 500 attack making it the strongest weapon in the game.

The 25000 KO skill on the other weapons, Legendary, changes that weapon's base strength to 300. That means that it'll increase further based on how many stars that weapon has. For example, a 5-Star weapon with the Legendary skill, regardless of what tier that weapon is will have an attack strength of 450. I don't think this skill is worth the effort but mileage will vary.

bobohoro

I don't think this skill is worth the effort but mileage will vary.

With the inclusion of two possible 4000KO-skills it really isn't that useful anymore on optimised weapon builds. But if you dislike the tier-3 skin as well as the 8-bit one and want to use the other two, it's a nice boost and good option to have.

The Dorf falls off a cliff as you upgrade other characters and get them leveled up. If you have a hard time getting A's and can't unlock his weapons, he'll get left behind fairly quickly in Adventure mode.

shaowebb

The Dorf falls off a cliff as you upgrade other characters and get them leveled up. If you have a hard time getting A's and can't unlock his weapons, he'll get left behind fairly quickly in Adventure mode.

This is pretty true. He just never was the safest with his combo strings and left a lot of openings. However, since the last update gave him a lot of invulnerability I'm wanting to put in some time on him and level him and see if he's been brought up with the rest in terms of functionality. I know I was surprised that Agitha saw so much improvement. She's nothing incredible but shes a damn sight better than what she looked like out there before.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
This is pretty true. He just never was the safest with his combo strings and left a lot of openings. However, since the last update gave him a lot of invulnerability I'm wanting to put in some time on him and level him and see if he's been brought up with the rest in terms of functionality. I know I was surprised that Agitha saw so much improvement. She's nothing incredible but shes a damn sight better than what she looked like out there before.

Is there anyplace that highlights these character changes? The normal patch notes certainly don't mention them.

All right so I'm getting into the flow of this game but I have some questions.

1. What should the general flow of a play through be? Should I just focus on getting through Legend Mode before worrying about anything else? Even though I'm not done with Legend Mode, I've played a few Adventure Mode levels. Am I wasting my time at this point? Is there something that unlocks at the end of Legend Mode that would help me with other modes?
  2. Should I worry about paying to upgrade characters or should I wait for it to happen naturally just by playing?
  3. When will I get a weapon that needs to have its skills appraised? I'm 15 hours in and haven't seen anything yet.
  4. At what point should I worry about buying the DLC? I'm going to eventually buy the Hyrule Pack (all of it) but I don't want to buy it too early and have it just sit. Is there any reason to buy it immediately?
  5. I keep reading about a new piece of DLC that is coming, that will let you play as Ganon. But I'm already playing as Ganon in at least one of these late missions. So what's the big deal?

1. What should the general flow of a play through be? Should I just focus on getting through Legend Mode before worrying about anything else? Even though I'm not done with Legend Mode, I've played a few Adventure Mode levels. Am I wasting my time at this point? Is there something that unlocks at the end of Legend Mode that would help me with other modes?
  2. Should I worry about paying to upgrade characters or should I wait for it to happen naturally just by playing?
  3. When will I get a weapon that needs to have its skills appraised? I'm 15 hours in and haven't seen anything yet.
  4. At what point should I worry about buying the DLC? I'm going to eventually buy the Hyrule Pack (all of it) but I don't want to buy it too early and have it just sit. Is there any reason to buy it immediately?
  5. I keep reading about a new piece of DLC that is coming, that will let you play as Ganon. But I'm already playing as Ganon in at least one of these late missions. So what's the big deal?

You use the word "worry" way too much. I think you should stop worrying and just enjoy the game however you like.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

What LonelyGreyWolf said, don't worry about what to do or when, just do stuff till you're sick of it, then do other stuff. Really no reason not to do anything.

For #3, appraisal was added in a late patch. It's just to let you know what's behind a locked skill before you waste your time trying to unlock it. But it's rarely worth it, unless you're sitting on enormous amounts of rupees.

As for #5, Ganondorf != Ganon.

Neiteio

There's no right or wrong way to do anything. The way I played, I did Legend Mode first, and then chipped away at Adventure Mode, aiming for the remaining characters and weapon unlocks. Along the way, I'd replay some story missions in Free Mode for fun. Free Mode allows you to replay any mission with any character. :)

Rafavert

1. I'd say enjoy Legend Mode, hop on Adventure Mode every now and then if you feel like it. I finished Legend before moving onto the rest seriously.

2. Don't worry about that. I just play the game and try to keep everyone at a bare minimum level (currently it's 40), but only because I don't really use them.

3. What Tathanen said

4. There isn't any reason to buy it immediately. I got it (Master Quest + Twillight Princess, at the time) and only played MQ to unlock the villain's weapons. Only now am I gonna start tackling it seriously xD

5. What Tathanen said again =p
Ganondorf is the human. Ganon is his beast form.

Top Bottom