• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

shaowebb

Ruto is actually excellent. In fact, they're all pretty good and fun once you learn to use them (except Agitha, even though I don't mind her).

Butterfly cancel out of her earliest combos to make them safe then immediately go for her strong attack to dive bomb the butterfly into crowds to push them back and dash cancel to instantly recover from that to setup the beetle.

Enjoy.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Ruto is particularly detestable, but even Midna is off-putting and Zelda + Baton is both boring and shit

Ruto is amaaaazing. At least, her C1, 5, and 6 are amazing. One of the best characters for taking out huge swarms of guys. Midna is great for the same reasons, her hand-slappy and circle whirlwind combos are ruinous. Maybe not so great in 1v1s tho.

Baton Zelda is kind of a pain, I agree. I had to get good with her to unlock her level 3 baton tho.

Hey, so has anyone in this thread gotten the max rupee glitch yet? Someone from Miiverse/GameFAQs has apparently found out some of the criteria for replicating it... I'd try it myself, but I don't have Lana's summoning gate unlocked yet, or any weapon with the required skills yet either, for that matter...

Ruto is awesome indeed. Her tsunami combo (C5? C6?) is pretty crazy against mobs or groups of generals, it hits several times per second leaving them reeling for the duration of the wave; plus it charges like half of her strong attack bar. In turn, her strong attack waves have absolutely insane reach and really good damage.

Neiteio

Ruto is awesome indeed. Her tsunami combo (C5? C6?) is pretty crazy against mobs or groups of generals, it hits several times per second leaving them reeling for the duration of the wave; plus it charges like half of her strong attack bar. In turn, her strong attack waves have absolutely insane reach and really good damage.
Is it possible to cancel out of Ruto's water-shooting strong attack? I could've swore I was hitting the dodge button but I was locked into the water-shooting at an inopportune moment (I.E. swarmed by enemies). I agree she's a fun character, though.

Is it possible to cancel out of Ruto's water-shooting strong attack? I could've swore I was hitting the dodge button but I was locked into the water-shooting at an inopportune moment (I.E. swarmed by enemies). I agree she's a fun character, though.
You can use a special (honestly her special is kind of crap in that the target usually gets swept out and it and you end up sucking in nearby SP full items you don't yet need) but otherwise no way to cancel.

Rafavert

If you press dodge, she'll dive for a moment and stop the strong attack. It just won't work if you emptied the bar, cuz then she'lls do the large wave.

Bladelaw

I'm not crazy right? The level 3 gauntlet mission for link is pretty tough right? I had a hell of a time A ranking it. So many Icy Big Poes. It wasn't difficult to complete but staying under damage and time was the real challenge. I could go 2/3 on KOs/Time/Damage but I'd always screw something up, like eating Argorok's flame breath...

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Why does anyone care about the level cap? It's just so you can get stronger to make the game easier if you're having a hard time with it, right? Why on earth would you just mindlessly grind all your characters for 50 levels if you don't need to? Just to see a higher number?

Richie

Why does anyone care about the level cap? It's just so you can get stronger to make the game easier if you're having a hard time with it, right? Why on earth would you just mindlessly grind all your characters for 50 levels if you don't need to? Just to see a higher number?

250 was a joke, but I definitely could use a stronger Agitha indeed to tackle some missions more easily...but gal just ain't fun to train. So I'd very much jump at the chance to skip the tediousness, and if it can be at the highest level possible, why not?

I can confirm SirSeliph's method is legit. YES! Agitha's gonna rub shoulders with the big girls and boys in no time.

zlCfzTC0Sn0oMcV72-

Jackano

Re-played this again as I want to save some MM3D for next week-end when I will not be at home.

Todo list:
- Still Adventure Mode regular map, Lana lv.3 weapon and a couple other ones to do.
- That rupee glitch looks awesome because Machaon is f***ing horrible and if I can get around that, why not use the dark side of the Triforce for once and level up her a bit. But it looks like I need the former.
- After 7 months or so I actually did think a little instead of playing brainless, and found a way to grind XP a little more easier: Story mode, last desert level, in hard, weapon with XP+ and the new XP+ potion. Can get 4 levels in one run with my lv. 60~ish characters.

I also started to farm Argorok's stuff in a similar way. So I can upgrade Lana badges and get her lv.3 weapon. This never ends!

Rafavert

I'm not crazy right? The level 3 gauntlet mission for link is pretty tough right? I had a hell of a time A ranking it. So many Icy Big Poes. It wasn't difficult to complete but staying under damage and time was the real challenge. I could go 2/3 on KOs/Time/Damage but I'd always screw something up, like eating Argorok's flame breath...

You're not crazy. I had a very hard time with that mission too. The pillar combo is NOT your friends amidst so many poes....

Interesting Rupee Glitch. Haven't played HW in a long time but maybe I should jump in and grab some cash to level up my characters.

Can it be on any stage and against a boss of any level?

shaowebb

Wife's been trying all day for rupee glitch. You need to be on a stage thats just focused on Gohmas. Just found the Sir Seliph method...

sir seliph said:
I've gotten the glitch to work 10 times today, so I think I've got an idea of how to trigger it semi-regularly.
My strat so far has been:
1.- Play on (5,2) of the original adventure map (2 Gohmas with Ghirahim betrayal on Skyloft)
2.- Use Lana with a T3 Summoning Gate with Rupees+
3.- Move towards the Gohma in the northwest area.
4.- Once you get to apprximately this area http://i.imgur.com/DWDaPfg.jpg , you stop and start spamming C1. Gohma will be lured slightly towards you.
5.- Once you get Argorok, stun Gohma with an arrow, and use the boosted C5.
6.- Ram Argorok against Gohma until it dies.
7.- During the slowmo and until Gohma's corpse vanishes or your Argorok fun ride stops, start killing the mooks that are near you..
8.- If you got lucky, you should max out your rupees.

Here is a .webm of the strat in action by another person who also got it to work http://webmup.com/QqPWw/

Hope this helps.
Goin for it. We gots folks what need da levels.

shaowebb

HOLY SHIT SHE GOT IT!
Okay its easiest with Lana because of the one shotting. Holy crap that may just be a factor because her leveled out the ass Ghirahim couldn't even trigger it, but Lana fucking NAILS IT.

Go in on this folks!
EDIT:
WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUCK?!
Okay people think this is an underflow glitch where you keep rupee count low and ko count low, one shot with a rupee plus and BAM you get the glitch right? My wife didn't get the glitch on the first Gohma on that stage a second ago..got like...2400-ish rupees. There was a gold material though so she went ahead and finished the stage by killing the other Gohma.

GOT IT. This glitch isn't something based on Underflow like folks theorized. I don't know what it is, but for it to be an underflow exploit based on taking advantage of how Rupees plus sometimes adds or subtracts rupees from you vs Gohma then it wouldn't make sense considering she had over 2400 rupees. Either Gohma's penalty with rupees plus is waaaaaaaaaaaaay higher than the 200 or so folks theorized it was or this is causing some other sort of memory buffer thats forcing the rupees to push out the maximum amount possible.

Their may be more to this exploit glitch than people realize.

Bladelaw

You're not crazy. I had a very hard time with that mission too. The pillar combo is NOT your friends amidst so many poes....

Yeah, I found for clearing I'd just do two weak attacks and basically ignore C combos until the poes were gone. I managed to do it just under the buzzer.

On the topic of Argorok, is there a good place to farm it like Gomha, Dodongo, and Manhandla? The only adventure map I've seen Argorok show up in was Link's L3 Gauntlet. My repeated failures there helped me stock up but it's a time consuming effort to do things that way.

shaowebb

Only consistent things I've seen on the glitch so far...
  1. Kill the boss without using its weakpoint to do a weakpoint attack
  2. Weapon must have rupees +

Ive seen the money thing with my wife debunked, seeing other bosses vs Link being done for the glitch, and I've seen the health thing proven wrong too. Maybe this glitch inolves which combo strings are used to kill them? Perhaps multihit moves like Argorok and Links beam sword cause it because each hit counts for a reward and it just tacks the equation for the payout end to end with each instance creating a much higher payout than intended?

I don't get it yet, but this is working out niiiiiiiiiiice.

Bladelaw

I'll be trying the rupee glitch when I get home. I don't have the Summoning Gate yet so I'll be rolling with Link's Spinner. I know there was a chart floatng around for how many rupees it takes for a character per level, does anyone know how many rupees it takes to go from 1-->200?

Bladelaw

This is like using a GameShark guys ;_;

Kind of. You still need to get at least one hero to 200 before you can make real good use of the glitch and given that the game explicitly has the tools to pay to level other heroes it seems like more of a nod to break the tedious levelling experience for heroes you don't really ike to play.

Dreavus

Might as well try this at least once when I get home. I'm okay with a little bit of scamming for rupees. I bet this will be patched when the boss mode DLC comes out, if not sooner!

Welp, couldn't get it to work. I only have level 1 summoning gate and no rupees+ either. Also don't have rupees+ on Link's sword. Tried it with Link's magic rod and with Sheik but no luck. Gave it 20 minutes.

Rafavert

Yeah, I found for clearing I'd just do two weak attacks and basically ignore C combos until the poes were gone. I managed to do it just under the buzzer.

On the topic of Argorok, is there a good place to farm it like Gomha, Dodongo, and Manhandla? The only adventure map I've seen Argorok show up in was Link's L3 Gauntlet. My repeated failures there helped me stock up but it's a time consuming effort to do things that way.

There's a map around the top center of the Adventure Map (a map with the hookshot as a reward, if I'm not mistaken) that has 2 Argorok and a Gohma (Or Manhandla?).

I'll be trying the rupee glitch when I get home. I don't have the Summoning Gate yet so I'll be rolling with Link's Spinner. I know there was a chart floatng around for how many rupees it takes for a character per level, does anyone know how many rupees it takes to go from 1-->200?
https://www.reddit.com/r/HyruleWarr...es_how_much_it_costs_to_get_a_character_from/
18,120,282. So if you have one character at 200 and the rest at 1 you'll need about 33 rupee glitches.

There's a map around the top center of the Adventure Map (a map with the hookshot as a reward, if I'm not mistaken) that has 2 Argorok and a Gohma (Or Manhandla?).
It is Manhandla there. For Gohma you're best off with a southern map (G5 I think if you say A1 is the top left corner; has a heart container for Agitha as a reward) which has two of them (it is the one most people are trying to do the EXP glitch on). I think there is a similar map in the North.

Mohonky

Man this game is massive, kind of hope they dont do a sequel or I will never finish it. I have been at Adventure mode for days now and starting to get there now I think.

My sister being the Zelda junkie she is bought the DLC. Holy shit. After 5 minutes of 'hey this unlocked' on the start screen, I looked at the extra maps and characters and such....game will never end. Jesus. Havent even gone back through the story for all the skulltulas and hearts yet and its something I havent been doing much of on this adventure mode, if I do them nefore moving onto the other maps I will be here for another few days.

Few questions and observations;

- some of those large beast boss fights suck ass, especially Mandhandla and Imprisoned. Imprisoned I can never beat without taking a heap of damage. Guy is a serious asshole, he was a stupid boss in Skyword Sword and a stupid one here still. Could have done without that.

- Big boss fights where you are timed with 10min to beat 3 of them are shit. You are at the mercy of the AI on when a big boss will reveal its weak point for you to attack. Seriously shits me, the Ganon level with Dodongo and Gothma must shits me up the wall. Wish these werent in the game to be honest, ok for the story but not these adventure challenges.

- those skills with the 25,000 kills requirement, how do you get them to count down? The kill count doesnt appear to be going down for me?

- honestly the rupee glitch isnt so bad for me, I wouldnt mind trying it out as I just dont like using some characters and levelling them up un the dojo woukd be good, is there a sure fire method of how this works?

NeonZ

- Big boss fights where you are timed with 10min to beat 3 of them are shit. You are at the mercy of the AI on when a big boss will reveal its weak point for you to attack. Seriously shits me, the Ganon level with Dodongo and Gothma must shits me up the wall. Wish these werent in the game to be honest, ok for the story but not these adventure challenges.

Although it's not always enough, keep in mind that if you use the focus spirit attack (pressing special before the focus spirit time ends) you'll use an (usually short range) attack that immediately knocks any enemy, including giant bosses, in their weakness gauge state automatically.

Lyndzei

Neo Member
- those skills with the 25,000 kills requirement, how do you get them to count down? The kill count doesnt appear to be going down for me?

The first requirement is to unlock unlock every weapon of each rank on Legend Mode and first map of Adventure mode.
Then, the Evil's Bane skill on the Master Sword can be worked on and you must get 25000 kills with it. It changes the Master Sword power from 300 to 500.
Finally, you can work on the Legendary skill for other weapons which need 25000 kills too. It sets base power of a weapon to 300 and each star adds 10% up to 450.

Cheers for the responses guys. Now if someone you guys could make Imprisoned and Manhandla less dicks lol.

I'll try!

For Manhandla, stay at mid range with your shield/lock up. It completely negates its most dangerous move, the seed machinegun. If the heads form a square it's going to do that; block it and try to mash boomerang to hit as may heads as possible. If they form a line it's going to do the bite attack but it takes ages and you can hit all four heads easily with a single boomerang throw. At that range you should be safe from all its other attacks (dodge backwards the spinning top attack). A single Manhandla is quite easy but two can be a nightmare.

For Imprisoned, I usually try to use special attacks to destroy its toes at once. When he gets up after losing half its weak point gauge, I simply run far away and do other stuff (kill enemies for special attack / magic, etc) until it's vulnerable again (after both the sliding chomp and six electricity waves). The one thing is that unless belly sliding he's not nearly as fast as Gohma or Manhandla, so you can ignore his ass much more easily.

Cheers for the responses guys. Now if someone you guys could make Imprisoned and Manhandla less dicks lol.
Vs. Beast helps for the Imprisoned. Also some characters can fully break its weak point then just snipe it to death. An example of Lana doing that with the summoning gate is here:
http://youtu.be/KrB5C96A6rk?t=6m49s
I didn't know it was possible to one cycle the weak point (usually it auto gets up after being taken down at half). Maybe the hits were too quick for it.

For Manhandla I usually just waste a focus spirit with the near guaranteed revealing the weak point that happens if you finish one early if it is deciding to run around or do the poison floor (like it tends to do at low health).

Bladelaw

- some of those large beast boss fights suck ass, especially Mandhandla and Imprisoned. Imprisoned I can never beat without taking a heap of damage. Guy is a serious asshole, he was a stupid boss in Skyword Sword and a stupid one here still. Could have done without that.

Some advice on The Imprisoned: To knock off its toes use your characters ranged attack. Link with sword has XXY (C3) that sends a circular blast out from his sword. This keeps you safe from stomp damage. I believe every character has something like this to leverage.

So I was able to do the rupee glitch a bit easier using Young Link, which was suggested on GameFAQs. B12 on the original map, 2 Gohmas with Ruto as an ally. You get the Special jar near the keep where you start, and then go to the Gohma on the right. Knock him down, use C4 to deplete most of the gauge. Go out a ways and use C3 (I think, the one where he shoots the beam forward like adult Link). Use C3 some more to whittle that HP meter down, and when he's fairly near dead, use a Special. Make sure there are some mooks right around you so that they and Gohma are all caught in the Special. It works more frequently for me than the Lana strategy.

Lyndzei

Neo Member
Really? For some reason I thought it wasn't coming till March...

It is, but only for North America not for Japan and Europe.

Just tried the Sir Silph rupee glitch. Nothing. Tried about a dozen times. Maybe my Lana is too low? (she's level 86)

I managed to get it 9 times starting with a level 80 Lana (and she's not 130 thanks to this xD) with same method so I don't think level matters.

Lyndzei

Neo Member
New potions list:

• Weak Point Smasher - Weak Point gauges are reduced faster (125x Bronze Materials. 25,000 Rupee)
  • Anti-Boss Formula - Damage against Giant Bosses is increased. (150x Bronze Materials. 30,000 Rupee)
  • Boss MP Absorber - Absorbs magic power from Giant Bosses. (175x Bronze Materials. 35,000 Rupee)

McNum

So, just curious, I can still buy the season pass and get everything except the pre-order skins? EU player here.

I mean, I haven't even unlocked Ruto or Agatha, nor most of the extra weapons for the base game characters, so buying the DLC would be a lot of new content. Should I do that first, or would buying the DLC make that easier for me?

So, just curious, I can still buy the season pass and get everything except the pre-order skins? EU player here.

I mean, I haven't even unlocked Ruto or Agatha, nor most of the extra weapons for the base game characters, so buying the DLC would be a lot of new content. Should I do that first, or would buying the DLC make that easier for me?

If you enjoy the game, then get the season pass. There is a lot of extra content and it's well worth it.

Also, the patch is up in Europe!

Golnei

If you're just starting on Adventure Mode, you'll still get some benefit from it. The non-recolour costumes, new weapons and extra characters can be used from the start; and the 8-bit weapons are equal in strength to each character's tier 3 weapon, which provides another avenue to give them stronger equipment early on. The Master Quest map at least is also of a similar difficulty to the regular map, so you won't need to grind before playing it.

kitsuneyo

What do you do with the cuccos that appear randomly in Legend Mode? I can't seem to pick them up and I'm guessing they aren't there to be killed!

McNum

If you enjoy the game, then get the season pass. There is a lot of extra content and it's well worth it.

Also, the patch is up in Europe!

Been meaning to pick it back up. Got distracted by Smash Bros, but I kind of feel like I'm mostly done with that until the next wave of Smash amiibos. Need to activate Mega Man first, though.

If you're just starting on Adventure Mode, you'll still get some benefit from it. The non-recolour costumes, new weapons and extra characters can be used from the start; and the 8-bit weapons are equal in strength to each character's tier 3 weapon, which provides another avenue to give them stronger equipment early on. The Master Quest map at least is also of a similar difficulty to the regular map, so you won't need to grind before playing it.
So, buying the DLC will give me powerful weapons for everyone, but that would make unlocking the third tier weapons kind of redundant. Well, I can always not use them and keep it handy as a backup. I've completed about ten squares of it. Getting As is somewhat difficult, even on the easier ones. Well, I can use Master Sword Link, bu t that gets boring.

I should probably check what weapons I can get in Legend Mode before setting out on Adventure Mode again.

Mohonky

I hope they do t patch out the rupee glitch, I want to get it so I dont have to level up my other characters by grinding away....

Rafavert

What do you do with the cuccos that appear randomly in Legend Mode? I can't seem to pick them up and I'm guessing they aren't there to be killed!

They don't appear randomly. They appear in specific maps and when certain criteria are met.
Usually they are one of the follow four:

Escort Cucco Chick to Cucco Mama. Once tou escort the chick safely, they will help you.
Should you fail, Mama will beat the snot out of you.

Cuccos fighting for territory. 2 Cuccos appear in a (random) keep and go at it. If you let them be long enough, they will take the keep and eventually start attacking other keeps as well and beat the snot out of you.

Stalking Cucco. This one follows you around. If you hurt it too much, it will turn on you and beat the snot out of you. Beat the snot out of them and they will go away once you defeat the golden cucco.

Fat Cucco: this one goes around keeps "eating". The more it eats, the stronger it gets. Once its strong enough, it will sart taking keeps and beat the snot out of you. This one tends to be fairly safe to ignore, though, since it takes a fairly long time for it to get fully grown.

By beating the snot out of you I mean that you will be attacked by a horde of cuccos. They have more HP than regular mobs and hit way harder, too.

Top Bottom