• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

You haven't replayed OoT in a while, have you? :) That game makes it pretty clear.^^

ganondorf-kampf.jpg

Ganon%20Castle09--article_image.jpg

Not since 1998 in fact.

I can see why people are excited to play as Ganon, though playing as Ganondorf is good too. Dude does some damage.

The 25000 KO skill on the other weapons, Legendary, changes that weapon's base strength to 300. That means that it'll increase further based on how many stars that weapon has. For example, a 5-Star weapon with the Legendary skill, regardless of what tier that weapon is will have an attack strength of 450. I don't think this skill is worth the effort but mileage will vary.

With the inclusion of two possible 4000KO-skills it really isn't that useful anymore on optimised weapon builds. But if you dislike the tier-3 skin as well as the 8-bit one and want to use the other two, it's a nice boost and good option to have.

It was considerably more useful when the level cap was 99 (or 100? I wasn't there before it was raised). But since strength continues to grow with levels, the damage output of Legendary decreases the higher your level. On a high level Link, Darunia, or Ganondorf, it's almost entirely pointless. But for the characters that lack that raw strength, like Agitha or Fi, Legendary raises their attack significantly enough to still be worth it. Keep in mind that's where it stands right now, before they raise the level cap again. After that, it may indeed be really pointless, unless you want to use a different tier weapon that badly.

Goddamn I love Ganon. I think he's my new favourite.

Here are my favourites:
1) Ganon
2) Impa (both great sword and naginata are fun)
3) Lana (tome)
4) Sheik
5) Zelda (rapier, haven't tried the baton yet)

My least favourite so far is Midna. She's so clunky to use and I hate her animations. I haven't used Zant or Ghirahim much but they seem to have annoying animations and cooldowns. Not a big fan of Ruto or Fi either but my boyfriend likes them. He doesn't care for Sheik or Lana so it evens out. We both dislike Midna a lot though. XD

Ganon is seriously OP though. Best KO-per-second machine?

I love the Dorf, and that's even though I haven't yet tried him after his buff (invincibility during his strong attack). He really brings the pain.
My favorite is probably either him or Young Link, but there are a lot I find very enjoyable: Impa, Ruto, Twili Midna, Zant...

Link is probably the best KO-per-second machine, but after him I put Ganondorf and Twili Midna.

Fi is my wife's main. :-X

Mine's is Link, if for no other reason that he's like twice the level of everyone else (of course, this is a self-reinforcing loop as she plays him more than everyone else combined). Fi may be my least favorite alongside Midna: I dislike how they waste their strong attack mechanic in a damage modifier and therefore force you to stop and use it every so often. Midna at least has a pretty satisfying combo (her "charge ahead slapping left and right") though. It's funny because Fi was one of the characters I liked most from her promo video.

That's not how Magnet_Man described it. How does it actually work?
Lets' take a rank 3 or rank * weapon with 5*
It has 420 power. Legendary increases that by 30 to 450.

You know what else increases power by 30. Being 5 or 6 levels higher (depending on character) so you can easily emulate the effect of legendary now. As the level cap much higher now legendary is contributing less of a % to your total power.

Also v1.5 having the 4000 KO skills make weapon slots more precious (as some of those skills are really good and you can have two per weapon).

It is totally worth it for lower rank weapons (those have slot problems anyway) if you really prefer the look of a lower rank weapon (or in the case of Cia , Wizzro and Volga have not purchased Master Quest map).

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

You know what else increases power by 30. Being 5 or 6 levels higher (depending on character) so you can easily emulate the effect of legendary now. As the level cap much higher now legendary is contributing less of a % to your total power.

Oh I get what you meant. The percentage of your total strength that can be attributed to weapon strength decreases as your level increases. Not that the weapon actually contributes less absolute strength.

?

That's not how Magnet_Man described it. How does it actually work?

Also v1.5 having the 4000 KO skills make weapon slots more precious (as some of those skills are really good and you can have two per weapon).

It is totally worth it for lower rank weapons (those have slot problems anyway) if you really prefer the look of a lower rank weapon (or in the case of Cia , Wizzro and Volga have not purchased Master Quest map).

Oh I get what you meant. The percentage of your total strength that can be attributed to weapon strength decreases as your level increases. Not that the weapon actually contributes less absolute strength.

Sorry, my phrasing was terrible. Starwolf is right - the skill provides a smaller and smaller percentage boost the higher your level gets, because the added strength given by a level up ends up contributing more when you get into those really high levels.

EDIT: Eh, I think my phrasing is still off. Oh well, you got it anyhow.

Golnei

For weapon swapped characters in Adventure Mode, is their elemental affinity that of the weapon they're using, or their default? I'd assume it would be the weapon itself, but things like doing far more damage with Dark-aligned characters to Zelda using the harp compared to regular Sheik suggest otherwise.

bobohoro

For weapon swapped characters in Adventure Mode, is their elemental affinity that of the weapon they're using, or their default? I'd assume it would be the weapon itself, but things like doing far more damage with Dark-aligned characters to Zelda using the harp compared to regular Sheik suggest otherwise.

Weapons and dark versions don't change elemental weakness.
I think.

To be honest, one of the things I'm most excited for in the next patch is the fact that load times will supposedly be fixed. I'll probably continue my break from the game until it releases since I have a billion other games I want to play and it will be less frustrating to do what I have remaining after loading is (hopefully) back to how it was.

Weapons and dark versions don't change elemental weakness.
I think.

Yes, this is correct. Elemental weaknesses are fixed for characters and ignore weapon choice/dark version. This applies to both normal weapons for a character (Although the only example I can think of off the top of my head is Lana with the Summoning Gate in one stage) and to when they're using weapons from someone else.

Bladelaw

I'm trying to unlock weapons and having real trouble with a couple. Specifically Gannondorf's Lv3 and Ghirahim's Lv2 any tips? or should I just level up more? Dorf is 30 and Ghirahim is 34.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I'm trying to unlock weapons and having real trouble with a couple. Specifically Gannondorf's Lv3 and Ghirahim's Lv2 any tips? or should I just level up more? Dorf is 30 and Ghirahim is 34.

I was definitely closer to 45 with Ganondorf when I did it, and still had a fair amount of trouble. So yeah I'd do some leveling.

Link is good but for some reason I find him boring...

I love the Fire Rod, but I'm a complete sucker for transforming weapons.

My two favorite Twili Midna moves are in that trailer: her circle of darkness Strong Attack (it's even more omious when your bar is empty, as it slowly grows ad engulfs everything) and her "mirror shatter" magic mode active release.

Definitely level up Ganondorf more. If Ghirahim's stage gets you truly stuck, remember that you can skip any character´s level 2 and go straight for the level 3, although obviously this makes the latter harder as you will have to do it with a level 1 weapon.

Dreavus

To be honest, one of the things I'm most excited for in the next patch is the fact that load times will supposedly be fixed. I'll probably continue my break from the game until it releases since I have a billion other games I want to play and it will be less frustrating to do what I have remaining after loading is (hopefully) back to how it was.

Was this confirmed somewhere? That'd be awesome if true. I've been apathetic to play again lately because of the load times, as picky as it sounds.

Was this confirmed somewhere? That'd be awesome if true. I've been apathetic to play again lately because of the load times, as picky as it sounds.

Well, it said as such that in the translated feature list of the thread on the patch announcement, so I'm assuming that is accurate. :x

Finally getting into the Master Quest map and so far I'm liking it (I was expecting to start off hard right off the bat). Great to finally have something worthwhile to use the evil trio for. Like Volga. Cia and Wizzro are okay.

Working on unlocking Legendary on the Master Sword and I have to say, I originally thought Link with the sword was great, but it really is boring after you use all the other weapons.

Rafavert

Finally getting into the Master Quest map and so far I'm liking it (I was expecting to start off hard right off the bat). Great to finally have something worthwhile to use the evil trio for. Like Volga. Cia and Wizzro are okay.

Working on unlocking Legendary on the Master Sword and I have to say, I originally thought Link with the sword was great, but it really is boring after you use all the other weapons.

If it's any kind of help, to make the Evil's Bane unlock less tedious I just did missions which required Link. Got a few skulltulas/heart containers in the process.

Considering what has been said regarding the usefulness of Legendary when considering the higher level, is it worth the trouble to aim for a 420/8 slots or something like 392/8 slots be just fine? I get the impressions it's the slots that truly matter.

Neo Dark

It's been a while since I've been in here and I'm on my phone so can't do a search but is it me or does the camera act wonky after the last update in adventure mode. Half the time it does a a 180 spin and doesn't lock on properly (even more worst than usual)

Bladelaw

Definitely level up Ganondorf more. If Ghirahim's stage gets you truly stuck, remember that you can skip any character´s level 2 and go straight for the level 3, although obviously this makes the latter harder as you will have to do it with a level 1 weapon.

That did the trick. I pushed Ganondorf to 50 (thanks +EXP and EXP boost potions!) and got the timing down on his C5 and C6 better and that made all the difference. Finished with 3000 damage left to give and 14:00 on the clock.

Now to see if I can tackle the Ganon, Ghoma, Dodongo trio map.

I'm having a bit of anxiety about "what to do next" as there is so much to do. I still need to clean up Legend Mode Skulltulas/Hearts, get badges, get level 2/3 weapons, open up the Adventure map, play the Majora, Twilight, and Master Quest maps. I haven't even tried all the characters out. On the upside I'm getting an awesome $/playtime ratio and having a lot of fun doing everything.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm having a bit of anxiety about "what to do next" as there is so much to do. I still need to clean up Legend Mode Skulltulas/Hearts, get badges, get level 2/3 weapons, open up the Adventure map, play the Majora, Twilight, and Master Quest maps. I haven't even tried all the characters out. On the upside I'm getting an awesome $/playtime ratio and having a lot of fun doing everything.

Legend - Adventure 100% - Legend 100% - Master 100% - Twilight/Majora

If it's any kind of help, to make the Evil's Bane unlock less tedious I just did missions which required Link. Got a few skulltulas/heart containers in the process.

I was using the Network Links, but I think I might go with the Reward Maps, they seem like a nice mix between difficulty and experience (It's a cakewalk, and yet I find my Level 104 Link gaining a couple levels pretty quickly)

Now to see if I can tackle the Ganon, Ghoma, Dodongo trio map.

Phew, good luck with that. I was somewhere above Level 70 with Ganondorf with a 5 Star LV3 and it's still not easy. Remember the Damage requirement for A rank is much more lenient. I've gotten the A and have had just under 10,000 Damage. It took me a few tries, but use the SP Restore potion and try to focus on the two lesser bosses first (pretty sure I did Dodongo, Gohma, then Ganon.

Bladelaw

I was using the Network Links, but I think I might go with the Reward Maps, they seem like a nice mix between difficulty and experience (It's a cakewalk, and yet I find my Level 104 Link gaining a couple levels pretty quickly)

Phew, good luck with that. I was somewhere above Level 70 with Ganondorf with a 5 Star LV3 and it's still not easy. Remember the Damage requirement for A rank is much more lenient. I've gotten the A and have had just under 10,000 Damage. It took me a few tries, but use the SP Restore potion and try to focus on the two lesser bosses first (pretty sure I did Dodongo, Gohma, then Ganon.

On the subject of Network Links, I would like some. Feel Free to add me NNID: Bladelaw
Just let me know you've added me so I can add back.

I tried Ganon first and that ended poorly. granted I was level 23 at the time.

Rafavert

On the subject of Network Links, I would like some. Feel Free to add me NNID: Bladelaw
Just let me know you've added me so I can add back.

I tried Ganon first and that ended poorly. granted I was level 23 at the time.

I'll add you when I get home within a couple hours! SafariGuard

chris121580

I was thinking about finally picking this up after work to do some co-op with my fiance. She's new to games...would this be a friendly starter for her?

TheMoon

I was thinking about finally picking this up after work to do some co-op with my fiance. She's new to games...would this be a friendly starter for her?

You can play on easy. But I still am not sure if this is an ideal game to start a video game life with. Make sure you don't force her to play with a Wiimote and instead have a pro controller ready to go.

Bladelaw

The big thing I've run into is the overwhelming amount of information the game throws at you. I've played plenty of Musou games so I'm used to the info spam banners and switching my focus from the play screen to the map and back.

Playing Coop I would suggest letting her ignore everything but racking up KO's learning the combos and getting a handle on just playing the game. Let the other systems open up on their own as she gets more comfortable with the gameplay.

This is one of the few games I can play with my non gamer sister. She says it's just enough of an easy button masher that she can enjoy it.

NEO0MJ

Came back to the level that was annoying me and cleared it no problems. Also finished the game. This is my first Warriors game and I had a lot of fun with it. Game is more strategic than I thought it was. Now to unlock the remaining characters and weapons.

Like other said though, the bosses were the biggest flaw of the game. Fighting them was just a slow boring process of running around waiting for a chance to hit them with their weakness. It was especially annoying when
fighting Ganon. I had more trouble switching weapons than fighting him

Ganondorf is a lot of fun to play. More than any other character he feels like a one man army right now. I was really disappointed with Wizzro though. I really liked his design but fighting as him was boring.

Strange question, but how do we heal our keeps? I feel it's pointless sometimes to come to help them because it will fall eventually.

Guys I'm staring at a used copy of the Japanese edition with the triforce clock for about $60. I was a bit put off by the negative reviews from Edge, Polygon etc but there are some positive ones too... Has the game improved much since release? Will this be more than just another collectors edition I buy for the hell of it? Answers on a postcard please.

Guys I'm staring at a used copy of the Japanese edition with the triforce clock for about $60. I was a bit put off by the negative reviews from Edge, Polygon etc but there are some positive ones too... Has the game improved much since release? Will this be more than just another collectors edition I buy for the hell of it? Answers on a postcard please.

Have you ever played a musou game before? Personally I think it's a lot of fun and it has a ton of content. The DLC they've released is all really good and add even more content. Seriously, if you enjoy this game you can spend 100 hours on it easily.

The game has been improved a bit since launch, but I don't know if anything qualifies as a massive change. Musou games are usually something you'll either hate or love, and if you've never played one before, I would definitely recommend this one.

Watch some videos and see if it's something you might enjoy. If you think it looks really boring, then it's probably not for you.

Rafavert

So, I have a question regarding Tingle:

Just WHAT does he fill his balloons with? His passive focus energy attack is him filling a balloon in front of him, covering his nose and popping it...

No offense, but shouldn't you know a bit better than to give Polygon the time of the day?

Aside from that, I expected to be bored by the game and the missus and I are hopelessly addicted, with close to 200 hours played. For the record I dislike every single other Musou title.

TheMoon

The game is still the same. Don't read reviews for this. They mean nothing since they don't reflect actual player experiences (review rush and warriors games don't mix). Read the impressions in this thread instead.

The game is still the same.

His question was pretty stupid imo, but the game has gone through some slight improvements in game design as patches & DLC has been released. I never read any reviews so I don't know what the complaints were, but patches did change a lot of minor stuff that I can imagine reviewers would complain about.

TheMoon

His question was pretty stupid imo, but the game has gone through some slight improvements in game design as patches & DLC has been released. I never read any reviews so I don't know what the complaints were, but patches did change a lot of minor stuff that I can imagine reviewers would complain about.

Hmmm I'm not sure if I'd consider the things from the updates (aside form the massive content drops of course) as something that would sway the opinion of someone who was down on the game before.

Soodanim

I still have a weird relationship with this game. I love a lot of it, especially Young Link (it gives me a reason to actually use the magic meter, as I don't bother most of the time). But as much as I enjoy playing as some of the characters, the Adventure maps forcing me to use the shit characters (Ruto is particularly detestable, but even Midna is off-putting and Zelda + Baton is both boring and shit) makes me want to stop and play something else.

I also think I'll be cheating my way out of using 100 compasses in Master Quest mode.

Neiteio

I still have a weird relationship with this game. I love a lot of it, especially Young Link (it gives me a reason to actually use the magic meter, as I don't bother most of the time). But as much as I enjoy playing as some of the characters, the Adventure maps forcing me to use the shit characters (Ruto is particularly detestable, but even Midna is off-putting and Zelda + Baton is both boring and shit) makes me want to stop and play something else.

I also think I'll be cheating my way out of using 100 compasses in Master Quest mode.
I personally like those characters/weapons. But here's a solution.

Have a second controller? Put it in two-player mode. This allows you to play as any character. Then simply hide the character you're not using in a keep or empty corner of the level. Then beat it as your preferred character. I did this for a couple missions. Worked well. :)

You don't have to use Zelda + baton on the baton levels. You can use Zelda and any weapon.

Thanks for the responses. The last Musou game I played was Dynasty Warriors... 3 I think? On the original Xbox. Anyway I bought the game and I'm enjoying it a lot :) Just a bit hard to keep up with the messages with my poor Japanese!

Simbabbad

Ruto is actually excellent. In fact, they're all pretty good and fun once you learn to use them (except Agitha, even though I don't mind her).

Top Bottom