• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Xane

I haven't made up my mind which character I love playing as the most, but Impa & Lana are certainly at the top of the list for me.

Link is mah boi. I cannot get quite efficient with Lana and Zelda - their default attacks just don't do it to me. Link completely obliterates everything with ease while I struggle to kill 100 with Zelda in under 10 seconds without relying on her Light attacks.

Nohar

depends on the Warriors game and the difficulty, I havent played hard on this but on say Dynasty Warrrriors 8 Complete Edition on the highest difficulty basic enemy soldiers can absolutely slaughter you in seconds, especially the Archers.

Well, it isn't the case in Hyrule Warriors. You really have to be still (or using incredibly unsafe moves or be attacked by cuccos) to be hit by normal mobs. There are some archers in HW too, but they are far less dangerous than the ones in DW8XL.

Well, it isn't the case in Hyrule Warriors. You really have to be still (or using incredibly unsafe moves or be attacked by cuccos) to be hit by normal mobs. There are some archers in HW too, but they are far less dangerous than the ones in DW8XL.

You a Warriors fan? alsomakes me wonder if a future patch will included Chaos difficulty or even go so far as to put in Nightmare as well.

Nohar

You a Warriors fan? alsomakes me wonder if a future patch will included Chaos difficulty or even go so far as to put in Nightmare as well.

I wouldn't call myself a Warriors fan. I played 2 to 5 when I was younger, skipped the other titles, and bought DW8XL and Warriors Orochi 3 a few weeks before Hyrule Warriors was released.

As for the difficulty modes in HW, you have Easy, Normal and Hard. Heroic is unlocked after completing the Legend mode. So that's 4 difficulty modes for you (whereas DW8XL has 6 indeed IIRC).

I wouldn't call myself a Warriors fan. I played 2 to 5 when I was younger, skip the other titles, and bought DW8XL and Warriors Orochi 3 a few weeks before Hyrule Warriors was released.

As for the difficulty modes in HW, you have Easy, Normal and Hard. Heroic is unlocked after completing the Legend mode. So that's 4 difficulty modes for you (whereas DW8XL has 6 indeed IIRC).

ahh I havent finished Legend mode yet so didnt know about Heroic, so that could be this games Chaos I guess i'll try it out when I get the chance. Since you said 8XL I'm assuming PS3? yes? did you not get 8 with it?

Nohar

ahh I havent finished Legend mode yet so didnt know about Heroic, so that could be this games Chaos I guess i'll try it out when I get the chance. Since you said 8XL I'm assuming PS3? yes? did you not get 8 with it?

PC version. I bought the complete edition on Steam. Was kinda disappointed... The game definitly isn't optimized for it (let's just say you should not use a fast character with Velocity: your character will teleport all the time, killing any enjoyment the game could provide - it is infuriating to initiate some attacks and suddenly see you character warps back a few feet).

PC version. I bought the complete edition on Steam. Was kinda disappointed... The game definitly isn't optimized for it (let's just say you should not use a fast character with Velocity: your character will teleport all the time, killing any enjoyment the game could provide - it is infuriating to initiate some attacks and suddenly see you character warps back a few feet).

ahh sorry about that KT dont have a lot of pc dev experience so hopefully it's just that which means future games should be better. Personally I couldnt play a Warriors game on PC, I prefer the lay back and play approach consoles have.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
720p to 480p and tearing on the Gamepad but I don't actually think the framerate is affected that much aside from a bit of slowdown when things get intensive, and both the tearing and slowdown are occasional but infrequent. It's nothing that would mean you can't enjoy it.

Since I'm playing on an SDTV anyway, I need to ask: Does the TV-portion of the multiplayer go down to standard definition? On my TV the difference other than the framerate is actually not too big ^^.

Nohar

Holy guacamole... Sure, I saw some shops in my town which were out of HW copies, but still, that's surprising. I mean, it is a good game, and it has tons of fanservice, but in the end it is still a Musou game. A good/great one, but a Musou game. I'm honestly wondering if people are buying it for the Zelda tribute or for its gameplay. Or just because there haven't been a lot of good interesting games on the Wii U lately.

Bayonetta 2, I'm waiting for you sweetie.

RiggyRob

Since I'm playing on an SDTV anyway, I need to ask: Does the TV-portion of the multiplayer go down to standard definition? On my TV the difference other than the framerate is actually not too big ^^.

I think it goes down from 720p to 540p(?) although I'm not the best judge of resolution. Certainly it looks better than on the Gamepad, but when you have your own screen you're not really paying attention to the TV xD

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Well that's something you don't hear every day.

I've got something new for you, that you will probably hear even less often: Due to my fiancée I had to buy an Xbox One (Fantasia is coming...) and therefore I needed to buy my first HD-screen. I did so, bought a used pc monitor with 16:9 720p but super-low latency (3ms). Now, even though I have an HD screen in my living room, I still play all my systems - other than the obvious Xbox One - on an SD screen.

sthelegend

Neo Member
Just cleared
darunia's level 2 weapon
stage.
Took me 4 tries to get a A rank. The whole map is just so annoying XD you get nuked by the
Manhandla spawns
and the constant enemy units that charge for your main base. so extremely happy i got that stage done with.

My favorite characters atm are
Link: 3 times weak and 1 strong is pretty OP XD if you hold strong after you plant your sword in the ground you can charge at the enemy and begin your combo again.
Gannondorf
: Really like his design in this game and his 6 weak and 1 strong is just a keep killer.
Darunia
: Really like him as a character and he kills the
Manhandla
really easy with his 6 weak and 1 strong (fire boulder trow) because if you time it right you can get a full guard bar down to zero.

Chars i'm not good with
Lana: Can't find any good combo's for any of her weapons
still missing her final (3rd) one
Ruto
: Same problem as lana tbh can't find the right combo's to use and i find it hard to combo with her because she attacks so fast.
Fi
: Same problem as with lana and she feels a little bit to AOE.

Overall i'm really enjoying the game! Played it for 40 hours so far and still need to unlock allot of things on the adventure map. Also pre orderd the DLC so i'm really looking forward to that.

If anyone wants to add me you can find my Nintendo ID in my profile.

Sorry if i used to many spoiler tags don't want people to get spoiled.

Jackano

Holy guacamole... Sure, I saw some shops in my town which were out of HW copies, but still, that's surprising. I mean, it is a good game, and it has tons of fanservice, but in the end it is still a Musou game.
I believe that's because of the limited edition (with the scarf) being exclusive to the NWS in the US.

If I bought on the eshop and it's pre linked to my club Nintendo how do I get the ganon costume or I don't?
The code will appear under 24 hours on your club Nintendo profile (at least it's like that in PAL lands).

i'm loving the soundtrack in this game I hope it gets put on club nintendo
Give my poor channel some love instead of the usual GilvaSunner one :( https://www.youtube.com/user/ZeldaDaily/videos

Also, Hyrule Warrior musical : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ija0LzRn70c
It's funny, give it a look!

El Sabroso

If I bought on the eshop and it's pre linked to my club Nintendo how do I get the ganon costume or I don't?

you get the survey for Ganon and then from Club Nintendo page you redeem it after completing the Hyrule Warriors survey. Be aware that they are not emailing the code, I lost mine in the process and contacted Nintendo Support to see if they can restore me my code. Code arrives kinda late on email, I panicked too much.

Only played for an hour so far (a man has to work to pay for his copy of Hyrule Warriors!)

I've never played a Warriors game, and I'm having tons of fun with HW. The fanservice is sooooooo good, it's awesome to fight alongside Zelda characters!

But aside from that, gameplay is also very fun. And it seems like the game has lots and lots of hidden stuff, I can see myself busy with this thing for weeks.

Nohar

Any negative/positive to doing adventure mode before legend?

Positive: you will be able to unlock new weapons quite early.

Negative: roughly 90% of the map will be locked until you progress in the Legend mode, with some aeras which won't open until you complete it. In the end, you will need to go back to Legend mode if you want to unlock new aeras.

Just helped your second Network Link, seems like you're a regular on my map :D

Do you get a special message if someone helps your link?

also: added some more NNIDs, the Network Links really help out a lot, imho.

Yep, something like, You've been helped by a friend. then it lists you the things you have win thanks to that.

Just cleared
darunia's level 2 weapon
stage.
Took me 4 tries to get a A rank. The whole map is just so annoying XD you get nuked by the
Manhandla spawns
and the constant enemy units that charge for your main base. so extremely happy i got that stage done with.

My favorite characters atm are
Link: 3 times weak and 1 strong is pretty OP XD if you hold strong after you plant your sword in the ground you can charge at the enemy and begin your combo again.
Gannondorf
: Really like his design in this game and his 6 weak and 1 strong is just a keep killer.
Darunia
: Really like him as a character and he kills the
Manhandla
really easy with his 6 weak and 1 strong (fire boulder trow) because if you time it right you can get a full guard bar down to zero.

Chars i'm not good with
Lana: Can't find any good combo's for any of her weapons
still missing her final (3rd) one
Ruto
: Same problem as lana tbh can't find the right combo's to use and i find it hard to combo with her because she attacks so fast.
Fi
: Same problem as with lana and she feels a little bit to AOE.

Overall i'm really enjoying the game! Played it for 40 hours so far and still need to unlock allot of things on the adventure map. Also pre orderd the DLC so i'm really looking forward to that.

If anyone wants to add me you can find my Nintendo ID in my profile.

Sorry if i used to many spoiler tags don't want people to get spoiled.

Ruto is probably one of the best characters in the game when upgraded. You just need to get the hang of it, but she is easier than other characters.
Y6 (the last combo) takes away weak points shields of bosses (the last attack is the one that does the trick so you need to do it similar to darunia).
Y5X1 creates a tidal wave thats is pretty good to build up your special bar (she has a water special bar) becuase its the one that fills it more and its an attack that pesky offciers cant hit you form behind when in the middle of it.
Now here comes the interesting part, her water special attack, just get 3 or 4 meters away from a BIG group of mobs, with officers and captains included. Press X. She will put the hand in the air, press Y again and she throws a small tidal wave that kills everything in site and hits hard to officers (and will incapacitate them putting them a bubble in their faces that takes them life). Press Y each time while you target the clusters of mobs (you can turn with this attack to target), the last Y will be a huge tidal wave with a massive area of attack. If all the waves hit an officer, they usually kill him (if they arent surrounded by yellow glow).

Lana is weaker, but there are also two good attacks for the deku weapon. Y6Y, She creates 3 ices and with the last Y destroys them. This will do a lot of harm to any enemy, the problem is she gets after this into a little dance than can fuck you up. Do not fret, Press B just as she finishes her destroying the ice and she dashes canceling the dance.Y6X creates some deku sprouts that are useful to clear bastions.
IMO the books attack are faster and more useful, butyou need to remember to use strong attack aftert them so she creates and effect with elctricity that kills things surrounding the walls/cube.

Fi is also good because she is very fast. Her good attack is Y41X and Y51X, the last one is the better one from the two. She is still somewhat bad to take weakpoint shields from big bosses. Still if you have Special attacks bars filled is not much of a problem.

Now Agitha and Zant are the harder characters to use. At least Agitha has a trick, 2Y1X summons the green bettle that does massive damage to anything (even boss weakpoints). The problem with it, again, is the dance, but as with Lana you can cancel it and spam that attack as crazy.
Zant... now Zant is a big problem. He is super fun to play, but he has combos that leave you at mercy of the enemy (the wallmaster is the worst) and if you spam them a lot he sometimes falls and becomes dizzy. The major problem of him is that he is SHIT to take weakpoints of big bosses, no attack is good enough, and even the A special bar is horrible (it doesnt even take a quarter). Playing against the impressioned (you need to use him to get a heart) is a kick in the nuts.

And apart of legend stages, story and some special weapons I dont think you have to spoilers anything. Characters all have been revealed offcially, even the ones you have to unlock.

i'm loving the soundtrack in this game I hope it gets put on club nintendo

I didnt know I would like original music so much (I think is original, maybe is remixed and dont know from where it comes. Thigs like focus line and the songs named Eclipse of the... are really awesome and fist pumping.

Tiu Neo

Only played for an hour so far (a man has to work to pay for his copy of Hyrule Warriors!)

I've never played a Warriors game, and I'm having tons of fun with HW. The fanservice is sooooooo good, it's awesome to fight alongside Zelda characters!

But aside from that, gameplay is also very fun. And it seems like the game has lots and lots of hidden stuff, I can see myself busy with this thing for weeks.

Downloaded it, but couldn't play. Good to see non-warriors fans liking it! :D

...I overslept and couldn't get to play this morning :(

Holy guacamole... Sure, I saw some shops in my town which were out of HW copies, but still, that's surprising. I mean, it is a good game, and it has tons of fanservice, but in the end it is still a Musou game. A good/great one, but a Musou game. I'm honestly wondering if people are buying it for the Zelda tribute or for its gameplay. Or just because there haven't been a lot of good interesting games on the Wii U lately.

Bayonetta 2, I'm waiting for you sweetie.

Musou games are good games though. When will this stigmatism end?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Amazon now preparing my order. Guess I'll redeem the code for the costumes & download the patch (is that out now or coming later today?) while waiting for it to arrive next week.

Ok so I'm currently doing the mission where you have to
get the master sword
and I'm currently stuck at the point where
You have to find the imposter on your team. The map is pointing me to Lana but when I head over to her nothing happens. Am I missing something really obvious?

jonno394

get the master sword
You have to find the imposter on your team. The map is pointing me to Lana but when I head over to her nothing happens. Am I missing something really obvious?

attack her
Think that does the trick.

Tiu Neo

Apparently never.

Clerk at the shop told me he was surprised HW got so many positive reviews. "It's a musou game, man. Strange."

My hope was that this game would change that a bit.

Still seeing a lot of people criticizing it, but there are some people who didn't really like/play musou games before that are liking this one.

Downloaded it, but couldn't play. Good to see non-warriors fans liking it! :D

...I overslept and couldn't get to play this morning :(

Oh yeah, it's really fun!

As many others here, I was worried about the gameplay being too shallow. The whole "enemies don't attack you" seemed plain wrong to me... in theory.

However, now that I've played it, I can see that decimating hordes of enemies is very satisfying. This will sound weird, but... you know, it's just like cutting grass on Zelda games: it's easy, the grass won't fight back, but when you start doing it you just can't stop ^_^

Of course I'm talking about normal soldiers here. I've fought some lizards that hit me a few times. It seems to me that this balance between killing everything easily / fighting a stronger guy now and then keeps things not only fun, but also a bit challenging.

I don't know if I'll get bored eventually, but right now I'm enjoying it a lot!

Sify64

get the master sword

Keep looking,
the imposter is pretty close to the real Lana.

Monster Zero

Positive: you will be able to unlock new weapons quite early.

Negative: roughly 90% of the map will be locked until you progress in the Legend mode, with some aeras which won't open until you complete it. In the end, you will need to go back to Legend mode if you want to unlock new aeras.

Appreciate it, enjoying legends mode anyway so back in I go

Tiu Neo

We need more crossovers, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, Star Wars, LOTR etc

LotR and Star Wars Musou would be big for the series. I could see Assassin's Creed working as a Musou game, too, as strange as it sounds.

Oh yeah, it's really fun!

As many others here, I was worried about the gameplay being too shallow. The whole "enemies don't attack you" seemed plain wrong to me... in theory.

However, now that I've played it, I can see that decimating hordes of enemies is very satisfying. This will sound weird, but... you know, it's just like cutting grass on Zelda games: it's easy, the grass won't fight back, but when you start doing it you just can't stop ^_^

I don't know if I'll get bored eventually, but right now I'm enjoying it a lot!

Good to know! I think almost everyone gets bored of Musou games sooner or later, but at least for me, a few months without playing one and I'm ready for more. There's also a lot of variety on the movesets, and depending on the game and difficulty it's not that easy, too.

But even on Normal, with brain dead enemies, it's really relaxing.

Ugh, 10 hours until I'm home and can play.

69wpm

guFQXkN.png

Damn, that was fast.

Nohar

When I mentioned HW was a Musou game, I meant that it doesn't change the usual formula, and is in that regard very similar to previous titles (with key differences that make HW a good/great game on its own).

TheMoon

Roughly at the same time when people stop joking about all JRPGs being the same and Sonic Cyclelololol despite both also being a load of BS that keeps its claws firmly on the hivemind of the gamer world.

I don't know if it's been discussed but is it even remotely possible that online play will be patched into this at some point?

Very unlikely but not impossible, I guess.

Top Bottom