• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

I don't know if it's been discussed but is it even remotely possible that online play will be patched into this at some point?

I usually don't play online, but this game would be fun as hell with online coop. Anyway, my nephew is coming to play local multiplayer with me tomorrow.

Jackano

Cool, thanks. I'll try that when I get home. I could have swore I tried that earlier and it had no effect!

She's in the center of the map.
Had a hard time figuring out that / finding her too. Eventually levelled up Zelda up to level 42 or something that day lol (bc of the never ending enemies respawn).

Lol at some stages in the adventure mode turn even harder for A rank because the designers decided to put a fucking cucco following you you can hit by accident making the fucking golden cucco appear.

Have I said already how much i hate the golden cucco?

Also if the new people want to add me Im SPRidley on Miiverse.

She's in the center of the map.
Had a hard time figuring out that / finding her too. Eventually levelled up Zelda up to level 42 or something that day lol (bc of the never ending enemies respawn).

Thanks for the tips (and thanks to anyone else that responded too :) ). Yes, I've been spamming the respawning enemies, something really satisfying about mowing down the huge groups of enemies that respawn in this level!

jimi_dini

My god, I got a level 99 network link in adventure mode. The mission is impossible to beat. My support characters are slaughtered and I'm able to beat 2-3 monsters before my base is destroyed :(

sthelegend

Neo Member
Yep, something like, You've been helped by a friend. then it lists you the things you have win thanks to that.

Ruto is probably one of the best characters in the game when upgraded. You just need to get the hang of it, but she is easier than other characters.
Y6 (the last combo) takes away weak points shields of bosses (the last attack is the one that does the trick so you need to do it similar to darunia).
Y5X1 creates a tidal wave thats is pretty good to build up your special bar (she has a water special bar) becuase its the one that fills it more and its an attack that pesky offciers cant hit you form behind when in the middle of it.
Now here comes the interesting part, her water special attack, just get 3 or 4 meters away from a BIG group of mobs, with officers and captains included. Press X. She will put the hand in the air, press Y again and she throws a small tidal wave that kills everything in site and hits hard to officers (and will incapacitate them putting them a bubble in their faces that takes them life). Press Y each time while you target the clusters of mobs (you can turn with this attack to target), the last Y will be a huge tidal wave with a massive area of attack. If all the waves hit an officer, they usually kill him (if they arent surrounded by yellow glow).

Lana is weaker, but there are also two good attacks for the deku weapon. Y6Y, She creates 3 ices and with the last Y destroys them. This will do a lot of harm to any enemy, the problem is she gets after this into a little dance than can fuck you up. Do not fret, Press B just as she finishes her destroying the ice and she dashes canceling the dance.Y6X creates some deku sprouts that are useful to clear bastions.
IMO the books attack are faster and more useful, butyou need to remember to use strong attack aftert them so she creates and effect with elctricity that kills things surrounding the walls/cube.

Fi is also good because she is very fast. Her good attack is Y41X and Y51X, the last one is the better one from the two. She is still somewhat bad to take weakpoint shields from big bosses. Still if you have Special attacks bars filled is not much of a problem.

Now Agitha and Zant are the harder characters to use. At least Agitha has a trick, 2Y1X summons the green bettle that does massive damage to anything (even boss weakpoints). The problem with it, again, is the dance, but as with Lana you can cancel it and spam that attack as crazy.
Zant... now Zant is a big problem. He is super fun to play, but he has combos that leave you at mercy of the enemy (the wallmaster is the worst) and if you spam them a lot he sometimes falls and becomes dizzy. The major problem of him is that he is SHIT to take weakpoints of big bosses, no attack is good enough, and even the A special bar is horrible (it doesnt even take a quarter). Playing against the impressioned (you need to use him to get a heart) is a kick in the nuts.

And apart of legend stages, story and some special weapons I dont think you have to spoilers anything. Characters all have been revealed offcially, even the ones you have to unlock.

I didnt know I would like original music so much (I think is original, maybe is remixed and dont know from where it comes. Thigs like focus line and the songs named Eclipse of the... are really awesome and fist pumping.

Thanks for the tips I will try them when I got the time.

I can see why Ruto is pretty strong but most of the time I miss the unput for the strong attack because i'm not that good at reading her attacks yet, but that takes some practice i guess. Her Y bar when her water meter is full is also pretty handy but most of the times a mob attacks me and it gets canceled and over time i just gave up on this attack.

With lana I almost always use the Y6Y attack but i guess she was underleveld/weaponed.

Yeah i noticed that FI doesn't do that much shield damage but i will try the combo's.

Never had that much trouble with Agitha
Haven't used her that much tbh haha
and still need to unlock ghirahimand Zant (almost got ghirahim).

Thanks again for the tips! i will try them out later.

Peltz

Are there spoilers for other Zelda games in this one?

Specifically, I have not completed

-MM,
-TP,
-AOL,
-ST, and
-am only about 70% done with PH.

I've beaten the rest of the series.

Will anything in HW ruin revelations in those 5 games (above)?

Golnei

Are there spoilers for other Zelda games in this one?

Specifically, I have not completed

-MM,
-TP,
-AOL,
-ST, and
-am only about 70% done with PH.

I've beaten the rest of the series.

Will anything in HW ruin revelations in those 5 games (above)?

Twilight Princess, yes; no to all the others. Though it depends on what you consider a spoiler, some of the stuff in the DLC packs might edge into it.

Is there any way to play with two players without having to get a Pro controller? I tried using my Classic Controller which wasn't supported annoyingly, and then tried using the remote and nunchuk which I think only uses motion controls, which aren't ideal in a Warriors game AT ALL.

I was hoping I could use SW3's setup so my brother could play it with me. Afaik Smash supports the Wii CC and so does MK8 so I was annoyed I couldn't use it here.

Peltz

Twilight Princess, yes; no to all the others. Though it depends on what you consider a spoiler, some of the stuff in the DLC packs might edge into it.

Pretty much anything. I like Zelda games to be complete mysteries to me. I never even use guides to play them when I get stuck.

luffeN

Hey guys! Does a UK download code from game work in Austria?

Edit: Apparently you need to create a new Mii and switch to the UK eshop for it to work.

Zero173

Hey guys!

I'm really tempted to buy this game, but as a personal opinion I don't think a Musou game is worth $60, especially with faulty multiplayer.

Can anyone convince me otherwise?

I'd actually love to have a reason to buy this game so I can play with friends. What features of this game makes it worth $60 for you?

Wow, the Club Nintendo code was actually printed on the inside of the label. I guess people can't take the codes from the boxes at GameStop anymore...

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Hey guys!

I'm really tempted to buy this game, but as a personal opinion I don't think a Musou game is worth $60, especially with faulty multiplayer.

I'd actually love to have a reason to buy this game so I can play with friends. What features of this game makes it worth $60 for you?
The fact it's a musou game, so i know I'll get 80 plus hours out of it maxing out characters and perfecting weapons and stage clears :p

Musou games are some of the best $ per hour games on the market if you play them to completion.

I'm looking forward to the adventure mode the most, the fact the dlc comes with more adventure maps makes it worth it to me going to be hours and hours of content

Qurupeke

I tried Challenge mode yesterday and it was brutal... Well, my character was really mediocre with Lvl 1, 5 stars weapons at about 30 levels but still I didn't manage to get an A and then Wizzro killed me really fast...

Thanks for the tips I will try them when I got the time.

I can see why Ruto is pretty strong but most of the time I miss the unput for the strong attack because i'm not that good at reading her attacks yet, but that takes some practice i guess. Her Y bar when her water meter is full is also pretty handy but most of the times a mob attacks me and it gets canceled and over time i just gave up on this attack.

With lana I almost always use the Y6Y attack but i guess she was underleveld/weaponed.

Yeah i noticed that FI doesn't do that much shield damage but i will try the combo's.

Never had that much trouble with Agitha
Haven't used her that much tbh haha
and still need to unlock ghirahimand Zant (almost got ghirahim).

Thanks again for the tips! i will try them out later.

The big tip with Ruto is get away from the group like 5 meters before launching the attack. Dont worry, the attack will hit them, even the ones more behind in big groups. Never use it in the middle of the group or if you know you have a captain or cucco behind.

My dream for Hyrule Warriors is for it to become a gateway drug for....Warriors games~! Can't wait to get my hands on this.
They tend to be. If you get into the Samurai/Dynasty franchise as well, a lot of people dismiss them because they feel they won't be interested in the history or characters but I can guarantee they're about as historically accurate as that Mel Gibson movie about William Wallace. The characters are all individual and draw you in to the universe anyway and it might incline you to look into the actual history itself...which is a little less romantic.

Hey guys!

Ghirahim is fabulous and he's playable!

darkmagus

Finally got the game last night, did the first 3 story missions a couple of times for the heart pieces. having a blast so far! i can't wait to unlock Darunia and Ganondorf.

Today is going to be a really long day at work...

They tend to be. If you get into the Samurai/Dynasty franchise as well, a lot of people dismiss them because they feel they won't be interested in the history or characters but I can guarantee they're about as historically accurate as that Mel Gibson movie about William Wallace. The characters are all individual and draw you in to the universe anyway and it might incline you to look into the actual history itself...which is a little less romantic.

This is what I love about Dynasty Warriors. It got me into the history of the Three Kingdoms, and each character really is fleshed out in terms of personality. And looking at Hyrule Warriors, each character looks to be fleshed out with different motives and definitely different gameplay styles.

That and I was introduced to the best Cao Cao representation ever.

3rHPtuM.gif

Are we talking Chinese or Japanese history here? I'm very interested in Japanese history.

Luigiv

My dream for Hyrule Warriors is for it to become a gateway drug for....Warriors games~! Can't wait to get my hands on this.

Well it worked for me. I had originally written off the Warriors franchise because after spending a dozen or so hours playing DW2, 3 & 4 co-op with my friend back in highschool I figured I had played enough of the franchise to last me a lifetime.

However, with it's strong E3 showing and the slew of interesting reveals following, my intrigue for Hyrule Warriors convinced me to pick up DW8XLCE (now that's a mouthful) during it's last Steam Sale, something I would have completely scoffed at doing before. I think once I'm done with both HW and DW8, I may give some other entries in the franchise a shot.

Are we talking Chinese or Japanese history here? I'm very interested in Japanese history.

Samurai Warriors 4 (Japanese history) is out in October for PS3, PS4 and Vita. Only PS4 is a physical release though. There is also a collector's edition which has very few copies left.

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate is a mash up of Chinese, Japanese and mythological lore out on PS3, PS4, Vita and Xbox One. PS4 and Xbox One are physical releases.

So after playing Hyrule warriors im really interested in playing other Warrior games.

Ive got a Vita (no ps3, ps4 or xbox360 or one here), which warrior games you would recommend, which opne is the best for vita. Are there any good one on PC?
And as someone is not really that interested in chinese and japanese history (more because I dont know a lot about them than becaus of not liking it) are the game characters fleshed out so they are charismatic and make you want to know more about them?

Kinsei

Banned
Just four more hours until I can go home and start to play. I sure hope Club Nintendo isn't down. Ganondorf's new design looks really stupid IMO.

Lv 3 Link weapon unlocked
Magical Rod

Is there something better than this?

Yes. His final weapon is
the Great Fairy

Last night my copy made it to a town that is 40 miles away, then while I was asleep it passed by my town to another town that is 40 miles away on the opposite side of town and then it went to a town that is 100 miles north.

The fuck UPS?

Kinsei

Banned
Last night my copy made it to a town that is 40 miles away, then while I was asleep it passed by my town to another town that is 40 miles away on the opposite side of town and then it went to a town that is 100 miles north.

The fuck UPS?

Check the address you gave them?

Dominator

Wow, the Club Nintendo code was actually printed on the inside of the label. I guess people can't take the codes from the boxes at GameStop anymore...
This won't deter anyone. Open the box and snap a picture of the code. At the GameStop I work at we take all of the codes and inserts out of new games but we obviously can't do that anymore if its part of the cover art lol

Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright has this as well.

Top Bottom