• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Just got my copy and beat the first stage. Pretty easy so far, so I'm gonna ramp it up to hard mode. *gulps*

And it sounds like people in NA haven't gotten their amazon codes either. I'm guessing they'll be along later in the day?

Just got an e-mail from Amazon an hour ago with the code. Just waiting for UPS to get here. Haven't played a Warriors game since the launch of the 3DS & I'm in a Zelda kick right now after finishing ALBW, so the timing of this release is perfect for me.

TheMoon

hmm buying digital version means no cool preorder DLC or anything?

-> on this very page:
Are there any bonus costumes when you get the eshop version?

no

:( I want those TP and Dark Link ones :/
what else can I do to get them?

waiting for the digital download to finish

buy them on the eShop once they're available.... (and read the OP!)

Any costumes in the game, or are they all DLC?

registering with CN gets you ganondorf costumes. pre-purchasing the DLC bundle gets you immediate access to dark link costume. just two examples

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
:( I want those TP and Dark Link ones :/
what else can I do to get them?

waiting for the digital download to finish

Buy the DLC season pass to get access to Dark Link immediately.

Pre-order costumes will become DLC as well eventually. Just not until whatever timed exclusivity contract has been set up with retailers expires, and that is not public knowledge, but it will likely be a month or two.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
This is my first DW game and I'm really digging it. But is there no way to keep the map on the gamepad? Talk about a game that could really benefit from that. I don't like that the mini-map in the corner zooms in all the time. I'd prefer the zoomed out view at all times.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
This is my first DW game and I'm really digging it. But is there no way to keep the map on the gamepad? Talk about a game that could really benefit from that. I don't like that the mini-map in the corner zooms in all the time. I'd prefer the zoomed out view at all times.

You'll get to a point over time where you find that map more necessary to keep one-eye on regularly. It's kind of crucial, at least in most other Musou games.

I just got my copy. Went through the last few pages and added some of you.

My NNID: Beren9
Just mention you're from gaf.

I'll be getting Bayo 2, Smash etc, so I'll be up for a lot of multiplayer.

Just got my copy and beat the first stage. Pretty easy so far, so I'm gonna ramp it up to hard mode. *gulps*

And it sounds like people in NA haven't gotten their amazon codes either. I'm guessing they'll be along later in the day?

I was just coming here to ask this, I haven't gotten my code.

Went to pick this up but apparently my Best Buy is having computer problems and they couldn't process my preorder...what the fuck. This shit ONLY happens to me on Wii U preorders.

weekev

Banned
Just beat Legend mode on normal difficulty. :)

Also, I have an Australian Wii U rather than a European one so the code probably wouldn't even work for me, but what the hey, I'll draw a wolf anyway. Wolves are cool.

jRKM0A0.png
Wow you got skills, give this man a code please?

TheMoon

So what is the online component for this game about?

->

Hayashi said:
"The Adventure Mode features a ‘Network Link’ feature. This allows you to add a ‘Link’ to your maps whose level is based on other users’ play data. If you come to this Link’s aid and fight alongside him, you’ll get access to special bonuses.”

You can have it zoomed out at all times by clicking the dpad

Richie

Out of the front page on launch day? The game is getting surprisingly little American GAF hype judging by the posts since last night's launch and up to this point...Or maybe everyone's actually playing it. At any rate, can't wait to sink my teeth back this evening. It was a pleasant surprise, thought it was gonna be repetitive and get old fast. Instead, it's delightfully addictive.

Beats

Never played a Musou game before, but Neiteio's thread a while back about Musou games/Hyrule Warriors convinced me to get this.

Never played a Zelda game through the whole thing ( I got WW HD for free should try that next)

But this game is epic, going to preorder the DLC soon. Also got me into the musou franchise, I got Samurai Warriors 3 to get used to the genre really liked that game too.

sthelegend

Neo Member
The big tip with Ruto is get away from the group like 5 meters before launching the attack. Dont worry, the attack will hit them, even the ones more behind in big groups. Never use it in the middle of the group or if you know you have a captain or cucco behind.

Ok, thanks again for your help :)

If anyone wants to add me on miiverse my ID is the same as my username. I live in europe tho don't know if that matters.

To everyone in US getting it today, have fun! it's a great game.

I just got my copy in the mail! I have a quick question though. I bought it from Best Buy and there wasn't a receipt in the package. How do I get my pre-order code?

sthelegend

Neo Member
Never played a Zelda game through the whole thing ( I got WW HD for free should try that next)

But this game is epic, going to preorder the DLC soon. Also got me into the musou franchise, I got Samurai Warriors 3 to get used to the genre really liked that game too.

You should really give Windwaker a try it's a great Zelda game and favorite of quite a few Zelda fans
My favorite is OOT but everyone has his own taste :)

I agree I got it a few weeks ago
Europe here :)
and really having a blast with it and can't wait for the new characters/weapons/maps/etc in the DLC.

You should really give Windwaker a try it's a great Zelda game and favorite of quite a few Zelda fans
My favorite is OOT but everyone has his own taste :)

I agree i got it a few weeks ago
Europe here :)
and really having a blast with it and can't wait for the new characters/weapons/maps/etc in the DLC.

Thanks, I have OOT on the wii vc and I got Twilight Princess at gamestop for 10 or so a little while ago.

I really hope N64 VC comes out soon on Wii U so I can upgrade it. The wait has been so long asa day one wii u owner. This game is great though

JB2448

If I ordered off of AmazonSmile, should I be worried about not receiving a code for the Twilight Princess costumes, or should I hang tight for a couple of days?

Mesoian

Just got home, bought the DLC and installed all the updates.

Anyone else not get a club nintendo insert with their copy?

Edit: Hmm, I never got an amazon code either...

sthelegend

Neo Member
Thanks, I have OOT on the wii vc and I got Twilight Princess at gamestop for 10 or so a little while ago.

I really hope N64 VC comes out soon on Wii U so I can upgrade it. The wait has been so long asa day one wii u owner. This game is great though

np :) wish i could play those games for the first time again. Hope you enjoy them as much as did.
Yeah Nintendo is taking a while with the n64 wiiu VC. The game will take you a while if you want to complete the adventure map too.

Revven

Just got home, bought the DLC and installed all the updates.

Anyone else not get a club nintendo insert with their copy?

Edit: Hmm, I never got an amazon code either...

The Club Nintendo code is on the back of the box art now (on the inside)... they're trying to save paper/money. Very awful IMO because it'll mess up the box art placement :/

Anyway, I just got my copy and entered my CN code for it. Going to pop it in in a few minutes -- my first Dynasty Warriors-style game, I hope I like it.

Top Bottom