• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

JoeM86

Slowly ploughing through the Adventure Mode. Getting Link and Zelda above Level 50
for the bottom left hand corner so I can get Great Fairy
. Going to try and get to Level 60 before attempting it.

DJ_Lae

Out for delivery.

I'm still trying to decide if I've made a horrible mistake - my love of Zelda won over my dislike of Dynasty Warriors.

I'll probably play much of it with my daughter, though, and I hear co-op is fun.

Amani

Just got my copy and beat the first stage. Pretty easy so far, so I'm gonna ramp it up to hard mode. *gulps*

And it sounds like people in NA haven't gotten their amazon codes either. I'm guessing they'll be along later in the day?

DJ_Lae

Just got my copy and beat the first stage. Pretty easy so far, so I'm gonna ramp it up to hard mode. *gulps*

And it sounds like people in NA haven't gotten their amazon codes either. I'm guessing they'll be along later in the day?

I just had mine e-mailed this morning, so I actually have the code before the game.

AGoodODST

So in Advenutre Mode, there are some squares which have heart containers on them with a little question mark where a characters face usually is, with no info in the A Rank Victory, Battle Victory or Treasure boxes above. I'm assuming this means I need to unlock a character first?

Hard is the way to go. Its fun and not really that challenging.

StAidan

I got my Amazon code last night, game is still out for delivery right now. Not that I'll get a chance to play it until the kids are in bed tonight :/

Alright okay alright, good news: my copy of the game has arrived! Will be playing soon. Also, I pulled some strings with Nintendo and got a few extra costume codes. I've already given away some codes to people that I promised but I have a Skyward Sword DLC Costume Pack left. It's from Swedish Nintendo but I would assume that it works on any European Wii U.

I don't know if anyone wants it, but if you do, draw me a Zelda-themed picture featuring a lonely grey wolf. Does not matter if quality is terrible. If multiple people post pictures I'll give it away to the best one. If no one posts a picture I'll just drop the code first come first serve ;b

Oh and if you haven't already, add me! NNID is LonelyGreyWolf.

Good luck on the battlefield!

Fandangox

Is there some leader board? cause people are exchanging their NNID.

It's for a feature in Adventure Mode that is sort of similar to the Bravely Default friend system I think.

Also does this game comes with a CN? Or is the retail-costume-code supposed to work like one?

Sify64

Alright okay alright, good news: my copy of the game has arrived! Will be playing soon. Also, I pulled some strings with Nintendo and got a few extra costume codes. I've already given away some codes to people that I promised but I have a Skyward Sword DLC Costume Pack left. It's from Swedish Nintendo but I would assume that it works on any European Wii U.

I don't know if anyone wants it, but if you do, draw me a Zelda-themed picture featuring a lonely grey wolf. Does not matter if quality is terrible. If multiple people post pictures I'll give it away to the best one. If no one posts a picture I'll just drop the code first come first serve ;b

Ah, im crap at drawing. Could i maybe interest you in a trade for a Twilight Princess code instead?

This is my first musou game. I've started on hard and was able to go through the first stage in about 20 minutes (learning controls etc), so you'll probably be fine. If not, you can change the difficulty before entering each stage.

Slowly ploughing through the Adventure Mode. Getting Link and Zelda above Level 50

I managed to beat Zelda's level
the one on the right of Link's level
with a lvl 39 Zelda, so it's certainly doable. Good luck!

Richie

Bought this a couple hours ago, have beaten the first two levels of Legend Mode, and done some Adventure mode challenges...This game is freakin' fun.

Say, is there any differences in stats' growth/performance if instead of leveling up my characters manually, I choose to do so by paying rupees in the Bazaar? I'm old school and prefer to train by hand, but would like to know if it makes any difference to do so.

Quoting to see if anyone knows of this!

Amani

This is my first musou game. I've started on hard and was able to go through the first stage in about 20 minutes (learning controls etc), so you'll probably be fine. If not, you can change the difficulty before entering each stage.

Replayed the first stage on hard, and yeah, it's not too bad so I'll stick with it.

zruben

Banned
fucking Gameplanet just called me and told me that they ran out of stock, so they can't fulfill my preorder. I was planning to pick it up at lunch.

seinfeld_reservations.gif

Is the 2 player split screen really as bad as reviews say, regarding frame rate/lag?

Also does one player use the gamepad and the other use the tv? Is there an option to do it both ways(traditional vs separate screens)

JoeM86

I managed to beat Zelda's level
the one on the right of Link's level
with a lvl 39 Zelda, so it's certainly doable. Good luck!

I tip my hat to you, sir.
Seems it has to be under 15 minutes, with 1200 KOs and less than 8 hearts lost.
I don't see how it can be done as Zelda, she sucks :p

I'm going to go pick up my pre-order copy at Best Buy RIGHT NOW.

RIGHT NOW.

I know that the NNID stuff can help you in Adventure Mode, but does that get you anything special? Weapons or permanent stats or something?

Kouriozan

Haha, my Link is 50 and trying to get that level 3
Fairy
, damn that mission is a pain >.<
You're also forced to use that weapon, so it's hard to dodge attacks.

Shun

Is it just me or is the framerate for the opening movie, where Zelda meets the trainees, gets kinda slow/weird?

daydream

Banned

kSouX31.png

where's my code

Sadist

Not before my drawing is done!

jbcODsvU5lFLyE.png

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Say, is there any differences in stats' growth/performance if instead of leveling up my characters manually, I choose to do so by paying rupees in the Bazaar? I'm old school and prefer to train by hand, but would like to know if it makes any difference to do so.

Haven't received my copy yet, but if it works similarly to Warriors Orochi, then there should be no difference between paying for levels and grinding. Warriors Orochi does have 'proficiency' skills and stat boosts for heroes that do open up a few bonuses for heroes based on kills that aren't tied to levels, so you can't pay for those(and they must be earned manually with play), but I don't think Hyrule Warriors has anything like that so I think rupee leveling is just an alternate way to get your party up to snuff aside from grinding.

Anteo

So I tried to download this game and corrupted my hard disk. I can play my games just fine but not movevthe games to other disk nor delete the faulty hw download to rediwnload it again. thevproblem is my disk for sure

Loving the game so far, but I figure here would be as good a place as any to ask if the season pass is worth picking up. I haven't seen too much on what they include, though I may have missed that. Plus, I have a code for OoT costumes and was trying to see if anyone had a code for TP they didn't want or if they'd like to trade.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Not before my drawing is done!

jbcODsvU5lFLyE.png

emo grey wolf

Loving the game so far, but I figure here would be as good a place as any to ask if the season pass is worth picking up. I haven't seen too much on what they include, though I may have missed that. Plus, I have a code for OoT costumes and was trying to see if anyone had a code for TP they didn't want or if they'd like to trade.

September 30 - Free
Free playable three villains
Can turn on/off some cut-scenes. during battles

Hyrule Warriors Master Quest:
October 16th - 1200 Yen
1 new Weapon
New Scenario
Adventure Map
2 Costumes

Twilight Princess
November - 1200 Yen
1 new character
1 new weapon
Adventure Map
2 Costumes

Majora's Mask
January - 1200 Yen
2 new characters
Adventure Map
3 new costumes

Ganon Pack
February - 500 Yen
2 New Game Modes
so yesssss

Hugstable

Banned
Just played through the first 3 levels of Legends mode so far and I'm in love with this game. Pulling off combos, seeing how many more combos there are to unlock, I'm just excited to play this game even more. I haven't played a Musou game since Dynasty Warriors 3 XL on PS2, so it's been quite awhile for me. Still haven't decided on getting the DLC yet since I don't know how long I'm gonna be playing the game for in the first place lol.

Yrael

Just beat Legend mode on normal difficulty. :)

Also, I have an Australian Wii U rather than a European one so the code probably wouldn't even work for me, but what the hey, I'll draw a wolf anyway. Wolves are cool.

jRKM0A0.png

Richie

I don't think it makes any difference, at least from what I played. Just another way to spend rupees.

Haven't received my copy yet, but if it works similarly to Warriors Orochi, then there should be no difference between paying for levels and grinding. Warriors Orochi does have 'proficiency' skills and stat boosts for heroes that do open up a few bonuses for heroes based on kills that aren't tied to levels, so you can't pay for those(and they must be earned manually with play), but I don't think Hyrule Warriors has anything like that so I think rupee leveling is just an alternate way to get your party up to snuff aside from grinding.

Thanks guys! Brandon, from my time playing and to my understanding, there -are- some special combos that you unlock after beating X number of enemies or that sort of conditions, so for those manual training would be key I think, but if the levels' stats themselves are the same with either grinding or going in the Bazaar....Well, I may just stick to grinding because it's funner, and I think shopping may make it too easy. Again, thanks a lot!

Oh, feel free to add me for anyone who would like to, I'll be playing this until Smash comes out so you can add me for that to. (I'm not amazing though so I dunno how much online I'll be playing.) My GT is d34thfrom4bov3.

Also the code I have for OoT is for NA if anybody would actually wanna trade for TP. Probably not cause TP costumes looked the best but worth a shot I suppose.

Top Bottom