• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Jarlaxle

I wasn't sure I was going to pick this up right away but I can't resist anything Zelda. I guess I should have preordered to get one of the costume packs. Oh well.

If anyone wants to exchange NNID with me, mine is: Jarlaxle

Dicer

Banned
I just got the Whoops! from Club N after filling out the form, give them a while to fix it, or I have a feeling I'll be calling them up...

Just play the first mission, game looks fantastic and plays really well, good good times...

NNID: Roomba

Mrbob

I've only played for about 3 hours so far and I'm really digging this game. At the core you are playing a musou game ( which is fine for me since I love them ) but I feel like there is great care made to make sure the world feels like a Zelda game. Surprise character to me so far is Sheik. Plays like a ninja from Samurai Warriors, very fun. Early thumbs up and haven't touched adventure mode yet.

has anyone done the Club Nintendo Ganondorf thing yet?

What is the club Nintendo Gannondorf thing?

I've only played for about 3 hours so far and I'm really digging this game. At the core you are playing a musou game ( which is fine for me since I love them ) but I feel like there is great care made to make sure the world feels like a Zelda game. Surprise character to me so far is Sheik. Plays like a ninja from Samurai Warriors, very fun. Early thumbs up and haven't touched adventure mode yet.

What is the club Nintendo Gannondorf thing?

Alts for ocarina of time and twilight princess if you register the game

Been playing for a couple of hours straight now. As good as expected :) Game feels really good, has nice music and great presentation. Cut-scenes are better than expected. Totally didn't see that narrator voice coming. Saw people mentioning a narrator earlier in the thread but I pictured the typical serious over-40 male narrator, not a soft female voice. I like it though, it works alright.

Quoting to see if anyone knows of this!

There's definitely no difference in stats between leveling up normally vs. spending rupees to level up. You'll want to use rupees once you have all the characters though.

kSouX31.png

where's my code

Not before my drawing is done!

jbcODsvU5lFLyE.png

Just beat Legend mode on normal difficulty. :)

Also, I have an Australian Wii U rather than a European one so the code probably wouldn't even work for me, but what the hey, I'll draw a wolf anyway. Wolves are cool.

jRKM0A0.png

Aww, LonelySimpleWolf, LonelyEmoWolf and LonelyTriforceWolf. I'll wait a little before sending the code to one of you, see if someone else will jump in too.

This is my first DW game and I'm really digging it.

It's not a DW-game; it's a Warriors-game. There's a difference ;p

I tip my hat to you, sir.
Seems it has to be under 15 minutes, with 1200 KOs and less than 8 hearts lost.
I don't see how it can be done as Zelda, she sucks :p

I think I had the
second weapon
for Zelda already? If not, her longest light attack -> strong attack combo is very, very good.

On another note, I don't understand the complaining about Agitha. She's got amazing crowd control, and the attack she uses when attacking a stunned enemy wrecks havoc like nothing else. She's now among my favourite characters.

JoeM86

The moment you get an A Rank on a hard level, but then realise that you forgot to unlock the A Rank item with the Adventure Mode items...

BashNasty

It's not a DW-game; it's a Warriors-game. There's a difference ;p

You've piqued my curiosity, what's the difference?

Also, after getting some good responses to my questions and watching the GB quick look, I've decided to pick this up. On the train to go grab it now. It's interesting, when I started to watch the quick look, my knee-jerk reaction was "ok, I'm definitely not getting this now." It looked a little janky and for whatever reason just didn't seem like my cup of tea for the first 10 minutes or so. But as I kept watching Dan slice through hordes of enemies and fight to keep the swell of enemies back, something tickled that lizard part of my brain that likes breezy combat and battlefield management and I did a 180.

This is pretty much gonna be my first warriors game. Here's hoping for the best.

The moment you get an A Rank on a hard level, but then realise that you forgot to unlock the A Rank item with the Adventure Mode items...

tumblr_lj34bqVEyS1qaodxbo1_500.png

Uh, sorry for the meme. Not an actual fan of 'em.

Currently playing through this while I finish Final Fantasy X-2! It's my third Musou game after the two Pirate Warriors, and I'm liking this one much more than the others.
It must be because of all the fanservice and love and everything <3

Now I'm at the
Sacred/Master Sword Temple. I believe there's not much more after this, well, aside from Adventure Mode which is HAMAAAZING.

Can't wait to be using Epona in October.

How many difficulty are avalaible?

Know im a little late but theres easy, normal, hard and hero modes.

Hero is unlocked by beating the legend mode (I suppose in normal or hard).

Hero mode is sword sponge mode, seems to be done only for really high level characters (beat the first stage, it was not challenging, but boring).

I reccommend playing on hard legend mode and the jumping to adventure mode.

How do you avoid this? Picked it up but haven't played yet. Is it self explanatory?

Dont try the level until you discover the secret thing by using a compass and then the right item or unsing a real zelda nes map on the internet and the the item needed.

Nohar

My Nintendo ID is still SierraNova if you are looking for players to add to your friendlist. The more Links the merrier :)

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Interesting how nintendo printed the club nintendo insert on the opposite side of the slip cover. Better get dat ganon code

npa189

Does the pro controller work with this? I now have a weekend of nothing going on and this does look interesting because I've never played a DW game before. What does it consist of? Killing a lot of minions then bosses?

Kinsei

Banned
I downloaded both of my costume sets! Now to wait for the update to finish.

I wanna play now!!! *Throws temper tantrum like when I was a little girl*

Know im a little late but theres easy, normal, hard and hero modes.

Hero is unlocked by beating the legend mode (I suppose in normal or hard).

Hero mode is sword sponge mode, seems to be done only for really high level characters (beat the first stage, it was not challenging, but boring).

I reccommend playing on hard legend mode and the jumping to adventure mode.

Dont try the level until you discover the secret thing by using a compass and then the right item or unsing a real zelda nes map on the internet and the the item needed.

Does Adventure Mode have the exact same levels though? Could you just start on Adventure mode? Thanks

kunonabi

Yes, I just checked my Club Nintendo and you have to redeem it from them. It'll appear in your row of surveys or whatever and you click on it and you "order" it like their rewards and the code is given to you.

Thanks, that would have taken me forever to figure out.

JoeM86

I think I had the
second weapon
for Zelda already? If not, her longest light attack -> strong attack combo is very, very good.

I am just failing with it. Five star Glittering Rapier, LEvel 50, but still getting destroyed. Wizzro is just demolishing me, even when I evade attacks :/

Zomba13

If I hate Musou is there any chance I would like this? I really HATE musou. I love Zelda though.

I hated Dynasty Warriors but enjoyed this. Turns out I just hated the characters/world of Dynasty Warriors and didn't find the people or what they were doing cool and was sick of the Yellow Turban rebellion (Only really played 2,3 and Next on the Vita as a PS+ game). It's still repetitive with the killing and stuff but has plenty of Zelda charm and cool combos and atatcks and character and plenty to do with challenge and adventure modes.

If you hate Musou though then probably best to avoid it. Like Dan said in the Giant Bomb Quick Look, it's better than any Dynasty Warriors but worse than any Zelda (when approaching as a Zelda fan not interested in Musou).

Revven

Played the first two chapters in Legend Mode, I'm actually liking it but only because the combos actually look really cool despite how simple and mindless they are to pull off -- they feel satisfying.

I was a little confused at first on the first chapter on where to go (and even on the second chapter), everything sort of blends together and looks "samey" so even with the map it's kind of easy to get lost sometimes. But maybe that's just because of my unfamiliarity with the character movement (it feels kind of weird and sensitive?)

Other than that I'm looking forward to playing more when I get the chance, now I have to eat and then do some studying for exams next week. :/

jimi_dini

If I hate Musou is there any chance I would like this? I really HATE musou. I love Zelda though.

I thought hearing the Zelda theme for 40 hours would make my ears bleed after a while. Funnily it didn't. I never played those games before. I really enjoy it. Loveletter to Zelda fans.

kiryogi

Banned
I'd trade you my code from Amazon but I don't think they've been emailed out yet.

Cool :O Drop me a PM or something when you get it and we'll trade :D

On different note, this is definitely one of the best Musou games today. What a marriage of franchises.

Kinsei

Banned
I almost failed the first level on normal.... On the bright side I found the skulltula, piece of heart, and heart container!

TheMoon

Does the pro controller work with this? I now have a weekend of nothing going on and this does look interesting because I've never played a DW game before. What does it consist of? Killing a lot of minions then bosses?

hwfeaturesmek52.jpg

LonelyGreyWolf, feel free to use this in the OP^^

Aww, LonelySimpleWolf, LonelyEmoWolf and LonelyTriforceWolf. I'll wait a little before sending the code to one of you, see if someone else will jump in too.
I will jump in, but with shoddy penwork!
I actually had this done a few hours ago except imgur was being silly.

mT420DP.jpg

Really though Saria should have had that Deku Spear darn it, not necessarily while riding a Wolfos.

JoeM86

YATTA! Got A Rank on that damned level and have the rank 2 Wind Waker and access to the next level which gets me
the Great Fairy

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Nobody wants SS for either TP/OOT code? D: I Sorta wanna do this trade before I head off to work
I'm still trying to decide if I wanna keep the TP ones or not. SS ones were tied for the ones I wanted the most, but I also like the TP costumes for being more detailed compared to the OoT ones.

Doesn't help Amazon still hasn't shipped my order yet, despite being prepared for shipment since yesterday.

Top Bottom