• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Watching the Hyrule Warriors Completionist and 240 hours to 100% which nets you nothing. Poor guy. I will probably pick it up on discount. Smash Bros. is coming in one week means no time for this.

Kinsei

Banned
Watching the Hyrule Warriors Completionist and 240 hours to 100% which nets you nothing. Poor guy. I will probably pick it up on discount. Smash Bros. is coming in one week means no time for this.

Has any Zelda game ever rewarded you for 100% completion?

no, it just rewarded you for getting all masks, not 100% everything.
But the point was that it was more than just a medal. I see Heart Tanks are their own reward. They should have given you a least a weapon if you took all that effort to beat the game. Maybe a stamp to post on Miiverse at least...

Finally got Darunia's lvl2 hammer, that took me like 5 attempts to meet all the A rank parameters.
The Manhandla stalks in that one are seemingly random in their placement, sometimes they'll all be scattered around various bases and one time they were all packed nicely into just one for a speedy elimination.

Now for more level 2 weapons, I got Ghirahim's yesterday but what an annoying map it was, constantly stalked by a cucco just begging for you to hit it. After successfully evading it all battle long I set it off while fighting Ganondorf right at the end leading me run across the map hunted by the buggers as I desperately tried to scrounge up potion meter so I could finish of Ganondorf without getting packed to bits and dropping that damage taken grade.

Shun

been rushing these stages... is there a location guide for heart pieces and skulltulas?

What I've been using for Gold Skulltula so far.

Scourging the internet to find Heart Piece guides cause those are probably the most difficult to get.

I also need to figure out how to unlock Agitha, Zant, and Ghirahim.

I've been capturing pretty much every checkpoint and I've gotten a couple pieces that way.

I'm guessing you also need to do it fast or something to get the other pieces.

Akibared

I picked up my copy and the guide but can't play until I get out of work at 10:30. Has anyone tried out the online co-op yet? I wanna know if its any good.

Surprise character to me so far is Sheik. Plays like a ninja from Samurai Warriors, very fun.

The first time she used her water bubble attack that dragged in all those enemies I was like "wooooooooow" 0_0

I've just played stage 2 and I'm having a blast. This game is so cool!

Edit: I mean Impa, not Sheik.

Does Adventure Mode have the exact same levels though? Could you just start on Adventure mode? Thanks

Adventure mode is more challenges and harder battles through a map of the nes zelda game.
Legend is story mode and are 17 levels IIRC.
I would recommend playing beating legend on hard mode first (you unlock the essential characters, watch the story and know the depths of the game) and then start adventure mode.

I wouldnt call the story super good, but its pretty interesting, enjoyable and epic. And the last levels are pretty good (the final boss being one of them).

Shun

Is there a penalty for dying?

I'm on Skyloft on hard and Volga just went Super Saiyan and kicked Link's ass.

Link was like level 10?

Btw, if anyone has an extra DLC code for NA I'll trade Kirby Super Star for Wii U or any number of the Club Nintendo games for them.

You've piqued my curiosity, what's the difference?

Well, there's much more than just DW. Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors are the two "main" series, and then there's the mash-up Warriors Orochi and all the spin-offs. All these games have different mechanics. Lots of people think everything with Warriors is DW with a skin.

Ah, im crap at drawing. Could i maybe interest you in a trade for a Twilight Princess code instead?

I've already redeemed codes for all costume packs ;b

kSouX31.png

Alright, so these are all four drawings. First one is nice in its internet-simplicity, second one is well-themed and well-drawn face, third one looks amazing but is weakly-themed and finally a well-themed one with a message but it has really creepy faces on all creatures involved.

Also, LonelyGreyWolf is not LonelySadWolf ;b

I'm sending the code to Yrael! You said that you were in Australia, but the code might work since it's PAL. If not, send a PM back to me and I'll just use a random number generator and PM it to someone else!

NZerker12

Aww, LonelySimpleWolf, LonelyEmoWolf and LonelyTriforceWolf. I'll wait a little before sending the code to one of you, see if someone else will jump in too.

I posted a wolf drawing too, did you see it? if you did but did'nt like it then that's okay.

Here it is again if you missed it

YHIjMpl.png

EDIT: Aww, guess I missed it. Oh well

Jawmuncher

Picked up the game today and the First Lady to try and help thought I was asking for highway warriors. Then the second lady to help new what I was talking about but said it wasn't out until the 26th. Which I kindly reminded her was today. She had honestly forgot and then she brought the game from the back. Since they had yet to put them on display.

------

Played 2 missions so far: I really like it. Zelda and Dynasty warriors goes together great. Only thing I'm not liking is that while we have cutscenes we still don't have voice acting.
I know its to keep with Zelda standards but at this point it's just really odd especially in cutscenes.

shaowebb

Been playing since it arrived a few hours ago. Feels great. Definitely need to put it on hard though.Still haven't received an email from Amazon for my DLC costumes though.

Could someone explain Sheik's element switch? Do I just hit X and she switches? Is there a set order or can I choose which I want?

JB2448

I just got my Amazon code four minutes ago, so anyone that's still waiting, don't fret just yet. This game is an absolute joy to play, by the way!

Tybolt

Banned
I'm going to try to wait for the price to drop since I didn't preorder it, and with all that DLC looming... I'd rather wait to get it all bundled later or something, or offset it with the price of the discount. I don't know if I have the resolve.

So what's the point of the experience and level system in this game? I know how it usually works in other Musou games, but in this, all the stat upgrades and stuff seem to come from badges instead of regular leveling up.

I preordered this game from BestBuy, and then played the demo. I really did not like the gameplay whatsoever. Skipped over the cutscenes on YouTube and they were jarring without voice acting. So I'm going to return my copy to BestBuy.

But I have a "Exclusive DLC" code. First person to quote this post, tell me their favorite character and why it's their favorite gets the code! I believe it's the Skyward Sword pack.

Played this at best buy earlier, I'm gonna pick it up in a few hours. Pleasantly surprised.

I preordered this game from BestBuy, and then played the demo. I really did not like the gameplay whatsoever. Skipped over the cutscenes on YouTube and they were jarring without voice acting. So I'm going to return my copy to BestBuy.

But I have a "Exclusive DLC" code. First person to quote this post, tell me their favorite character and why it's their favorite gets the code! I believe it's the Skyward Sword pack.

Groose. Because he's a boss and knows how to operate a cannon. Also he has sexy hair.

Edit: Oh. Wait. Unless you meant Hyrule Warriors character. lol

In that case it's ganondorf, because he also has sexy hair.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

Ganondorf, because I FINALLY get to use those swords of his after all those SSB appearances.

Sheik. Her ninja likr movements and different elemental combos are amazing.

I'm going to try to wait for the price to drop since I didn't preorder it, and with all that DLC looming... I'd rather wait to get it all bundled later or something, or offset it with the price of the discount. I don't know if I have the resolve.

Nintendo don't usually (ever?) release complete editions with all DLC. It's not that much DLC either in relation to the content of the game, really. Price isn't going too fall too much either.

So what's the point of the experience and level system in this game? I know how it usually works in other Musou games, but in this, all the stat upgrades and stuff seem to come from badges instead of regular leveling up.

Leveling up increases your attack by a lot. You can see how much it increases per level in the training dojo.

one_kill

Anyone else looking for friends for Hyrule Warriors and Smash?
NNID: noble_nine

Also, just wanted to point out, Zelda is soooo fun to use

Marvie_3

Banned
Do you have to do anything other than beat the level on the stages with the Network Links? I saw the Link on the map screen and the Link standing in a keep but the game didn't tell me if there was anything else I needed to do.

shaowebb

I just got my Amazon code four minutes ago, so anyone that's still waiting, don't fret just yet. This game is an absolute joy to play, by the way!

Just got my code, outfits are awesome and the music is amazing. So many rocked out remixes of Zelda tunes. Hard mode feels pretty good. Can't wait to unlock Hero mode.

So I got just below an unlockable character in adventure mode, but it shows a lock instead of a letter when I'm on the adjacent square. Does this mean I have to advance through legend mode, or something else?

Omnicent

Man pre-ordered from amazon, and still waitinng, though my pre-order code is in.
Can't wait to fuck shit up as Shiek (that naginata).

jimi_dini

Do you have to do anything other than beat the level on the stages with the Network Links? I saw the Link on the map screen and the Link standing in a keep but the game didn't tell me if there was anything else I needed to do.

You don't beat the actual area when beating a Network Link stage. But you get nice stuff for beating those stages. I got a nice 6 slot level 3 weapon (with 5 slots already filled heh) just an hour ago, which wasn't even the hardest Network Link stage that I have beaten. And yeah, it seems you just need to beat it. Rating doesn't matter in that case (at least it hasn't mattered in my cases).

So I got just below an unlockable character in adventure mode, but it shows a lock instead of a letter when I'm on the adjacent square. Does this mean I have to advance through legend mode, or something else?

Either that or you need to go another way to get there.

RPGCrazied

Finally get the game. I thought the Club Nintendo slip was missing, it wasn't in the box at all. Guess what? Its actually printed on the inside of the cover art. When did they start doing that? That's really cheap.

Busaiku

Is the Hookshot not in Death Mountain?
I unlocked the Skulltula, but it was in a Hookshot area.

Also, Cuccos still try to kill me after I kill the Gold?

Top Bottom