• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

jonno394

So I got just below an unlockable character in adventure mode, but it shows a lock instead of a letter when I'm on the adjacent square. Does this mean I have to advance through legend mode, or something else?

Yup. The adventure map is limited in Where you can go and opens up more as you progress in legend mode.

jackdoe

This game is great fun. But one thing that's really annoying is the fact that there are voiceless conversations going on while I'm wrecking stuff up. You can sometimes miss parts of a conversation going on if you focus on actually playing the game.

jimi_dini

Also, Cuccos still try to kill me after I kill the Gold?

9KWPKmSm.jpg

We are Cuccos. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

This game is great fun. But one thing that's really annoying is the fact that there are voiceless conversations going on while I'm wrecking stuff up. You can sometimes miss parts of a conversation going on if you focus on actually playing the game.

You can read all dialog by pausing the game and going to battle log. All conversations and messages are saved there.

jackdoe

You can read all dialog by pausing the game and going to battle log. All conversations and messages are saved there.
Reading conversations after the fact isn't exactly the same. I really feel that there should have been voice acting for this title, especially since it's a spin off anyway.

Kinsei

Banned
Where is Sheik's heart container in the third level? I've captured every base, and even killed the gold cucco, but it never appeared. I'm guessing there's bombable rock I walked by without noticing, but I have to ask if it's up on the hookshot ledger before I waste my time running around while the boss attacks the Deku Tree.

EDIT: Never mind. There was a part of the map that I didn't notice.

zroid

Banned
Man, this game is really fun. Just beat the 2nd level and having a blast so far.

Got a couple buddies stopping by tomorrow so we can get some co-op in; hopefully the performance drop isn't intolerable! :p

You know who sucks? Fi. Can't get her to work whatsoever

I found that Fi and Ruto get a lot better when you actually have attack power behind them through stronger weapons and higher levels, they go from being pretty bad to pretty solid especially at taking out a wide area of grunts.
But I will say that one of Fi's combos where she busts out that silent realm circle seems really pointless, its damage is pitiful and it's her only move that leaves you greatly open.

Finally get the game. I thought the Club Nintendo slip was missing, it wasn't in the box at all. Guess what? Its actually printed on the inside of the cover art. When did they start doing that? That's really cheap.
I think in August because AA vs. PL had it as well. I cannot stand it either.

Madouu

I'm having a lot of fun, the best part about the game is having to constantly move from one area to another to defend or attack points of interests. I put the game on hard so I was a bit worried enemies would be sponges and take too long to beat but the first boss was reassuring in that regard, in typical zelda fashion you have to find his weak point to beat him quickly which is nice.

My main complaint so far is the fps. The game is so smooth when there aren't a lot of enemies around but you really do notice the fps drops, at least in my case, when there are a lot of units in your field of vision.

Shun

Btw, if anyone has an extra DLC code for NA I'll trade Kirby Super Star for Wii U or any number of the Club Nintendo games for them.

I'd prefer Skyward Sword but I'll take any DLC code for Club Nintendo rewards.

Durden77

Really diggin this game so far. Dynasty Warriors games have always been fun for me, but I never cared about anything concerning it's world. It's nice to have one that I actually give a damn about the characters and story about (even though the story's kinda whatever), and based on one of my favorite series on top of that.

Probably already been addressed, but does anyone know what all you lose by playing the game co-op? I played it a lot that way earlier, and I noticed a dip in visual quality, but does it effect things like enemy count too? I'm playing single player now and I feel like there's more enemies. I can deal with losing some graphixz, but it'll be a real bummer if it effects more than that. Especially because the game is really fun co-op.

RetroMG

Really digging the game so far. If I can say nothing, else, it's a huuuuge stress reliever. I had a rough day, and sending waves of Stalfos flying was super therapeutic.

The only thing that makes me sad is that when you go back to play with another character, you can't see the cinematics. It would have been hilarious to see Zelda looking over the battlements at Sheik training with another soldier.

shaowebb

Is there anyway to defeat the swarms of chickens?

If you keep fighting the one with a health bar eventually a gold cuccoo appears to fight thats pretty durable. Defeat it and you usually get decent rewards from what Nintendo Direct showed. However the cuccoos that were called in as reinforcements...ALL IS LOST. They will remain and still be angered by your animal cruelty even after defeating the gold one.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So, I'm really just starting out. Just picked up Lana. So, not too far in. Any tips I should be looking out for regarding items, weapons, or other goodies while I go through the game? It's been forever since I've played a Musou game through and I'm kind of overwhelmed. =D

NeonZ

Playing in hard mode, the first three stages... the standards grunt seem even more useless than the ones in Dynasty Warriors 8. I'm not sure about the Lizalfos and Dark Nuts compared to generic officers, although it might not even be a proper comparison considering how they keep popping up, rather than being limited in number.

I like how the weakness mechanic seems to be applied to every enemy, rather than just the big bosses. It makes them feel less generic than in DW 8, where 1 vs 1 battles are hardly satisfying most of the time.

It's kind of weird to see bases so important here after they were so useless in DW7 and DW8, but I guess the spin-off/Samurai Warriors team never sidelined them that much.

boxter432

downloading now. was just going to rent from gamefly or something, but wanted something to play sporadically for the near future (i have been playing donkey kong 64 to pass the time the last week or so...) never played a mosou, but have always been interested to at least try em.

Kjellson

I am confused about something in Adventure Mode. When it says "requires search" under A Rank Victory, does that mean I have to get A rank on that challenge and then I can use an item card?

wilflare

-> on this very page:

buy them on the eShop once they're available.... (and read the OP!)

registering with CN gets you ganondorf costumes. pre-purchasing the DLC bundle gets you immediate access to dark link costume. just two examples

You get the Dark Link costume if you pre-purchase the DLC packs.

Buy the DLC season pass to get access to Dark Link immediately.

Pre-order costumes will become DLC as well eventually. Just not until whatever timed exclusivity contract has been set up with retailers expires, and that is not public knowledge, but it will likely be a month or two.

thanks for patiently explaining guys! sure hope that exclusive contract expires sooner than later. :/ thought Ninty would have made it better for those of us going with the eShop

any of you jumping on the Season Pass. for $20, I'm not too sure

I am confused about something in Adventure Mode. When it says "requires search" under A Rank Victory, does that mean I have to get A rank on that challenge and then I can use an item card?

IIRC, you need to do the search to and then complete the challenge with A Rank to unlock the item.

Loving this game. Its really fun and looks like it will have tons of content with the DLC. Hope they keep adding more content to it. Music is great. References are great. Buy this game guys.

Only wanted to say, Sheik is OP in the challenge stages of adventure mode. The water defense is too good, Play well your cards and the cpu can't even take you a quarter of heart. Not even the gibdos can freeze you!

Is the Hookshot not in Death Mountain?
I unlocked the Skulltula, but it was in a Hookshot area.

Also, Cuccos still try to kill me after I kill the Gold?

That happened to me too lol. I don't know how to get them off my back, and that map took forever to beat because of them.

Its the cuccos leftover. happens everytime. Kill them or go running far away and they will not follow you anymore. But you need to get pretty far.

Also the difference between a Rank A and Rank B in some adventure levels is the fucking golden cucco. God I hate him so much.

BTW Hookshot is in the Twilight Princess route.

Playing in hard mode, the first three stages... the standards grunt seem even more useless than the ones in Dynasty Warriors 8. I'm not sure about the Lizalfos and Dark Nuts compared to generic officers, although it might not even be a proper comparison considering how they keep popping up, rather than being limited in number.

I like how the weakness mechanic seems to be applied to every enemy, rather than just the big bosses. It makes them feel less generic than in DW 8, where 1 vs 1 battles are hardly satisfying most of the time.

It's kind of weird to see bases so important here after they were so useless in DW7 and DW8, but I guess the spin-off/Samurai Warriors team never sidelined them that much.

After playing a LOT, amd beating the game first in har in legend mode, grunts are becoming a nuissance in the harder levels of adventure mode. Those sly fucker go behind you to take little shots while you doing a combo. I hate im running from one base to the other and some shitty grunt hits me and takes me a quarter of heart.

Top Bottom