• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

This game is great fun. But one thing that's really annoying is the fact that there are voiceless conversations going on while I'm wrecking stuff up. You can sometimes miss parts of a conversation going on if you focus on actually playing the game.
True. I've missed stuff before and if I'm really "in the zone" so to speak, and it's a difficult level, it can be hard to notice if there's important dialogue relating to objectives being relayed or just charming lines in general.

I would've liked a bit more interaction between the characters if I'm honest given it's a cross over. These characters are hardly shy after all.

Durden77

Is there anyway to get rid of weapons you don't want anymore? Seems kind of silly to have like 8 versions of one weapon when I'm just gonna use one.

Bought at best buy and got the Skyward Sword costume. Updated the game and bought the dlc as well as got the Ganondorf costume. Apparently Best Buy values these costumes at $4.99 each.

olimpia84

Having fun so far :)
I'm playing using the pro controller, is there any way to turn off the gamepad since I have no use for it?

one_kill

Is there anyway to get rid of weapons you don't want anymore? Seems kind of silly to have like 8 versions of one weapon when I'm just gonna use one.
When you get more than what you're allowed to store, the game will automatically give you the option to get rid of your weapons.

Meesh

So I'm enjoying the game so far, the combat is silly simple, but still really like it.

Also it's gotta physical game manual, in colour which is nice. Not a big manual...but it's there. I smiled.

So I'm enjoying the game so far, the combat is silly simple, but still really like it.

Also it's gotta physical game manual, in colour which is nice. Not a big manual...but it's there. I smiled.

I enjoyed that as well. Games always feel lonely when I open them up, especially Vita games.

I enjoyed that as well. Games always feel lonely when I open them up, especially Vita games.

Funny thing is every Japanese Vita game I have imported has had a manual...

Just played the first mission of the game. Love it so far. Tempted to order the DLC but I will play through this some more before I drop the $20 on it. My only complaint so far has to be the lack of voice acting. It's time...

georly

Ok, just started, i'm playing on hard mode. 2 Questions:

1. Can you change items mid-round? There was a skulltula in the deku tree level that I couldn't get because it was under a rock and I had arrows.
2. I've died 3 times to ghoma because it kills the deku tree... how do I keep it from doing damage to the deku tree? I feel like I'm losing and it's not my fault. I hit it every single time its eye turns blue and I do as much damage as I can but it wakes up and does AOE damage like crazy and I lose.

one_kill

Ok, just started, i'm playing on hard mode. 2 Questions:

1. Can you change items mid-round? There was a skulltula in the deku tree level that I couldn't get because it was under a rock and I had arrows.
2. I've died 3 times to ghoma because it kills the deku tree... how do I keep it from doing damage to the deku tree? I feel like I'm losing and it's not my fault. I hit it every single time its eye turns blue and I do as much damage as I can but it wakes up and does AOE damage like crazy and I lose.
1. Yes, scroll by D-pad or touch screen

2. Don't let it get close to the Deku tree

NeonZ

Keep spamming arrows while it blocks (well, not spamming, since you need to trigger the block animation). It eventually will be pushed out of the base. Follow it there.

I guess the "correct" way would be to trigger its homing jump attack and then run out of the base, letting it land outside, but I don't know how to provoke it to use that attack in the first place.

Jobbs

Banned
I almost never get the skulltatos or whatever in time. it's just too hard looking for them with the jerky camera and all the clutter. very annoying.

I'm sure this is a dumb questiob but I can't seem to get co op o work. I thought I read that couch co op is available after the first level? I turn on the second controller and select the "+" button and see the player 2 joined message, but I can't select a player with the second controller. Is it not available on Legend mode or am I missing something? FWIW, I've tried 2 controllers but nothing...

georly

Keep spamming arrows while it blocks (well, not spamming, since you need to trigger the block animation). It eventually will be pushed out of the base. Follow it there.

I guess the "correct" way would be to trigger its homing jump attack and then run out of the base, letting it land outside, but I don't know how to provoke it to use that attack in the first place.

I'll try that, thanks. It seems to only want to AOE in place and murder all the guards.

kiryogi

Banned
Honestly what makes this the be a musou is z targeting. It always felt clunky to use the new in musou games, but here its absolutely intuitive and naturally. Also the z targeting lock on is just godlike for a melee encounter in general.

Jobbs

Banned
Man, Link with dialogue feels so wrong.

350x700px-LL-959a793a_tumblr_lwoogxkRrr1qz5fgwo1_r4_500.gif

Funny thing is every Japanese Vita game I have imported has had a manual...

Just played the first mission of the game. Love it so far. Tempted to order the DLC but I will play through this some more before I drop the $20 on it. My only complaint so far has to be the lack of voice acting. It's time...

Agreed! As the above posters have mentioned, I'm missing the dialogue on the bottom screen. I just finished 2 player coop with my son and it was surprisingly enjoyable. Although he didn't like the control setup for the wii mote/nunchuck.

Kinsei

Banned
I almost never get the skulltatos or whatever in time. it's just too hard looking for them with the jerky camera and all the clutter. very annoying.

You're not stopping to look around until the music stops, right? If the music is still playing you're not close to the skulltula.

one_kill

Kill 1000 enemies
Search the area in the map superimposed by a web
Listen for the skulltula sound; the bgm drowns out
Particularly look for things you can interact with (boulders, those plant gate things) and standalone rooms with nothing in it

Oh man I am not enjoying this game at all. I had to put it down because it was so boring...

Ive never been a fan of dynasty warrior games but I thought The zelda theme would save it for me.

It's possible to just 100% a character right? All badges, level 99, all weapons at their best?

Speaking of which, is there a "best" for each weapon?

Burning Justice

the superior princess
I'm sure this is a dumb questiob but I can't seem to get co op o work. I thought I read that couch co op is available after the first level? I turn on the second controller and select the "+" button and see the player 2 joined message, but I can't select a player with the second controller. Is it not available on Legend mode or am I missing something? FWIW, I've tried 2 controllers but nothing...

Are you pressing + with the second controller on the character-selection screen? Also, are one of you using the GamePad?

Are you pressing + with the second controller on the character-selection screen? Also, are one of you using the GamePad?

Yep. When I press "+" I get the message player 2 joined but the I can't do anything with that controller. I try to select a character but I don't see a cursor move or any indication wnything is happening. If I select a character with the first controller (gamepad) it starts the scenario. I've been trying for at least 15 min now. I feel pretty dumb and it's pretty frustrating.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Yep. When I press "+" I get the message player 2 joined but the I can't do anything with that controller. I try to select a character but I don't see a cursor move or any indication wnything is happening. If I select a character with the first controller (gamepad) it starts the scenario. I've been trying for at least 15 min now. I feel pretty dumb and it's pretty frustrating.

Wait... What message are you talking about? Are you talking about the one at the top that says "+ P2 joins."? If you see that, it means co-op is turned OFF (it's telling you to press + in order to make P2 join). If it just says "P1" at the top, that means it's turned on.

If that's not what you're talking about, then I'm not sure what message you're talking about. I don't see any other messages when I enable co-op.

1. How? I looked everywhere

2. It jumps up and lands *IN* the deku tree! What am I supposed to do to lure it out?

Big tip. If you get an A special attack before fighting ghoma, try to take away his weakpoint bar in the original room with that and then normal combos. He shows this weakpoint bar 2 times before he jumps (and the weakpoint resets after jumping if you haven accomplish taking it away at least once), so you only have those two chances to take away a bunch of life before jumping.

If you take that bar (or not after this two chances) just run to the deku tree as fast as you can (portip while walking with the thumbstick just keep press the B to dash inmediately instead of waiting). He will jump there with you already waiting for him at the deku tree instead of you waiting for him in the original base until he jumps.

If you have luck he will jump in the corridor before the deku tree. If not, and this is the important part, make gohma face with his back one of the entrances to the deku tree. When he attaks you with the laser and you use your bow he will be pushed to the back a lot, repeat until he is out to the corridor and keep him there. That way his attacks will not harm the deku tree base.

Strange. Are you using a classic controller attached to the wiimote or a nunchuk for the second player? It doesnt work with a classic controller, only with the wiiU pro controller and wiimote+nunchuk. A friend and I tried this afternoon and untill we ddint attach the nunchuk the controller was not recongnised to choose a character.

Anyone (in the US) interested in buying my Skyward Sword Costume DLC for $5? I much prefer the defaults anyways.

PM me and we can work something out.

(Sorry if this isn't welcome I this thread. I'll move it to the Buy/Sell/Trade thread if so)

Kinsei

Banned
Love it. Played it for a couple hours, mostly adventure mode. One thing, anyone else get FPS drop, or is my Wii U dying?

I get it when I kill a huge amount of enemies with a single attack. For example, I had over 50 in Impa's water bubble and the frame drop was very noticeable. Thankfully it went back to normal once the attack was done.

I don't think it's our Wii U's because Dynasty Warriors 8 XL on PS4 also has frame drops.

Wait... What message are you talking about? Are you talking about the one at the top that says "+ P2 joins."? If you see that, it means co-op is turned OFF (it's telling you to press + in order to make P2 join). If it just says "P1" at the top, that means it's turned on.

If that's not what you're talking about, then I'm not sure what message you're talking about. I don't see any other messages when I enable co-op.

I tried it both ways. I didn't actually select the first player since I thought player 2 would aldo have a cursor. Just got it finally. WOW! should have been a little less confusing.

Top Bottom