• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

RPGCrazied

I get it when I kill a huge amount of enemies with a single attack. For example, I had over 50 in Impa's water bubble and the frame drop was very noticeable. Thankfully it went back to normal once the attack was done.

I don't think it's our Wii U's because Dynasty Warriors 8 XL on PS4 also has frame drops.

I got fps drop as well

the game does suffer from FPS drop sometimes, not a big deal though IMO

loving the game so far, soundtrack is great and I really like how Lana play

Thanks. I should have clarified though. I mean stutter. I've only seen it once really, in the fire caves when it was showing off the level. Least there is no tearing, that's good.

And yay, finally got the TP code from Amazon in my email.

Zareka

Can anyone explain to me why, uh...why on earth the logo for the US and EU are different? It seems like such an insignificant thing to change but Nintendo tend to do these weird little things. I've never understood it.

Razma1

Just got my game from UPS its time! Anything important I should know early on? I didn't read much of the thread incase of spoilers.

Meesh

Weird issue, I Preordered from best buy and didn't receive my dlc code on the receipt. Is this a Canada only problem?

Bought it today at Best Buy, played for 2-3 hours, gonna trade it into Gamestop tomorrow. Just not my kinda game, especially since I've been ODing on Destiny the last 2 weeks. It definitely looks fun, but I don't play or like Dynasty Warrior type games nor Tower Defense games and this feels like a solid mash up of the two. Yeah, I know I coulda tried the demo but I love Zelda so just had to try it out for myself.

Its definitely content rich, the adventure mode looked fun and interesting and maybe someday when I clear through my wii u backlog I'll pick this back up, especially for 2 player local co-op.

I paid $48 at best buy (GCU discount) and it should trade into Gamestop for $50 this weekend - $35 base trade in value, but extra 30% if you are Pro member and trade towards Call of Duty Kevin Spacey edition.

One weird new Nintendo thing is not using red insert cards for Club Nintendo codes anymore, its instead printed on the back of the front cover sheet (the one wrapping the case). Pretty awkward to get to.

Put 7 hours into this straight today and loving it so far. Quality musou just keeps getting pumped out these days. I really appreciate how much more balanced Hard difficulty is here compared to DW8; less objectives that require you to book it there ASAP let you fight the beefed up enemies in peace and not feel like a wimp just running everywhere. Hell even the grunts are killing each other in 4-5 hits and I'm fairly sure they can't even kill each other in other games. My only complaints so far is that the dodge roll is extremely spammable with generous invincibility so you can get out of pretty much anything, Z-targeting can turn into a mess when you've got a bunch of officers on screen, and picking Midna on Palace of Twilight on Hard is one of the worst decisions I've ever made in my life (partially due to the last issue). Other than that, I really look forward to digging into this game more, probably going to pick up the DLC.

Also I love all of the bases and spawners in this game, I miss grabbing checkpoints in DW and feeling like I'm gradually building up my army.

Ken

i randomly bought this just now

i dont play musou or zelda but what difficulty should i play this on (asking just in case this is one of those games where normal is too easy)

Jobbs

Banned
the game's fun but there's a certain awkwardness built into it, as the mobs of enemies constantly replenish around you, just appearing out of thin air, and I know the purpose of the game isn't to kill individual enemies, but still it puts a feeling of awkwardness to the whole thing, especially during certain boss fights when large crowds of friendlies and/or enemies are around, standing still like mannequins as you fight.

I've done 4 levels now. I have lana, shiek, impa, and link. So far I think I like Impa best, but not sure. I like her light heavy combo that launches her into the air.

btw, do you get anything extra, any recognition or rewards, for doing levels on hard?

wilflare

lol you aren't the only one, I ended up going eShop route myself. I didn't really mind the costumes all that much and I bought a 320gb external and I need to fill that up haha.

-hugss- Huguu saves (my) day!

just played the first the stages of Legend Mode.
I like DW and being able to play as Zelda characters is awesome :p
and well I really love how there are touches of Nintendo polish/magic

those battle themes, chest opening sequences and moar <3

Shun

i randomly bought this just now

i dont play musou or zelda but what difficulty should i play this on (asking just in case this is one of those games where normal is too easy)

Hard definitely.

Hard(set Available) is almost always the answer if you're confident in your ability to play and learn.

wilflare

before I forget,

is there a good guide with all those Golden Spiders - lol I miss them ><

and I sure hope they patch in L3 as run (press down L-Stick to run)

Any hints on
Manhandla
getting killed before I even get much damage on it...
Toss the boomerang whenever any of its heads are colored green before an attack, hit weak point when all four heads are stunned.

Yeah you get a 1.5 multiplier on rupees on Hard.

Busaiku

Man, Lana's Deku Tree Special is definitely my least favorite thus far.
Can't seem to hit anything with it, only get in the 20s at most.

B-Dex

I say play normal until you've beat the game levelled your characters. Too many times the allied base gets nuked before you can even attempt to save it on hard.

Or you're fighting a boss in the base and while fighting it destroys it and you can't do anything because you have to wait to country and hit it's weak point.

wilflare

not sure if it's just me... but the in-game convos are usually at the top of the screen (in the usual DW game) and not bottom like it is now right?

I usually don't look at those convos ><

B-Dex

not sure if it's just me... but the in-game convos are usually at the top of the screen (in the usual DW game) and not bottom like it is now right?
T
I usually don't look at those convos ><

They are usually at the bottom. No voice acting kind if sucks but was expected.

hmmmm so there is no way to get the dlc costumes anymore right, well not til they go on the eshop, might buy a copy at best buy tomorrow and wonder if they will give the code with purchase

same with gamestop, anyone know? i got gift cards for both stores :3

StAidan

Just finished the first two missions, I found the experience pretty enjoyable. It's sort of mindless to some extent, but it's fun!

Having never played Dynasty Warriors before, though, I'm a little confused about some aspects. Whenever the Gold Skultulla appears, it's always in an area I've already cleared and the game seems to want me to run back there and look for it. But at the same time, there's a sense of urgency to keep pressing forward, and you're getting all these notifications at the same time about needing to protect your keeps, or needing to capture another one. I'm just not sure how to prioritize it all.

Busaiku

Just finished the first two missions, I found the experience pretty enjoyable. It's sort of mindless to some extent, but it's fun!

Having never played Dynasty Warriors before, though, I'm a little confused about some aspects. Whenever the Gold Skultulla appears, it's always in an area I've already cleared and the game seems to want me to run back there and look for it. But at the same time, there's a sense of urgency to keep pressing forward, and you're getting all these notifications at the same time about needing to protect your keeps, or needing to capture another one. I'm just not sure how to prioritize it all.

They don't necessarily appear in a cleared area.
If you waste your time trying to get rid of every enemy, they'll more often than not be in places you haven't been to.

zroid

Banned
I think the DLC seems like a decent value for what you're getting, but I'm just not ready to pull the trigger yet.

Mainly because there's already a ton of content in the game, and I don't know how much longer I'm realistically going to be playing HW, what with in the next couple of months Bayonetta dual pack, two Smash Bros. games, Pokémon, and some other stuff too. Makes more sense to hold out on buying the DLC till next year when I'm ready to dive back into HW after a hiatus.

Playing this game for a few hours, I am enjoying it but it feels like a poor man's DW. Feels very easy as well. Hoping the difficulty steps up in the later levels which I am sure it will.

Jobbs

Banned
Playing this game for a few hours, I am enjoying it but it feels like a poor man's DW. Feels very easy as well. Hoping the difficulty steps up in the later levels which I am sure it will.

so far there seems to be no actual way to lose (on normal). maybe it changes later, but it's more like some kind of tour or tutorial or something than a game, because, again, you can't lose.

the only thing I fail at is finding those stupid bugs in time.

one_kill

Where do you go to put in the code for the store DLC?
eShop - Redeem a code or something like that

so far there seems to be no actual way to lose (on normal). maybe it changes later, but it's more like some kind of tour or tutorial or something than a game, because, again, you can't lose.

You can lose if your main base gets taken

yeah, I can't find them either rofl

I will give this game more time but right now, I feel like I should just be playing DW/WO/SW instead. I think if I was a bigger Zelda fan, I would enjoy it more as well.

hard seems like the difficulty to play at even for new musou players like me.

Right,. but I mean like, am I missing out on any collectibles by not doing easy or medium?

Also, is there any incentive to making sure all the keeps are yours before ending a map?

Top Bottom