• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Ibuki

Banned
I registered the game on club nintendo. How do I get the Ganondorf costume?

I didn't see anyone give you an answer yet. After you complete the survey for the game, go back to your main to-do list and it should be added on as the very last item. It will then allow you to 'order' it for zero coins, then it will pop up the code (that also gets emailed to you).

Haha, enemy officers have literally no way of dealing with strong attack spam from Darunia.

I (also literally) rolled the boss of Lake Hylia this way on hard.

Fandangox

Right,. but I mean like, am I missing out on any collectibles by not doing easy or medium?

Also, is there any incentive to making sure all the keeps are yours before ending a map?

Not on Legend Mode, but adventure mode has some weapons and heart containers hidden in keeps, you have to liberate them to make them appear. You will know how many does each adventure mode map has since it appears next.to tje bronze reward tab when selecting the stage.

Not on Legend Mode, but adventure mode has some weapons and heart containers hidden in keeps, you have to liberate them to make them appear. You will know how many does each adventure mode map has since it appears next.to tje bronze reward tab when selecting the stage.

Thanks

Last question, I promise. On each map stat screen, there's someone with a full heart container and someone with half of one: what do these mean?

Jawmuncher

Really liked sheik when I played as her on level 3. Impa not as much as I though and link is just link.

I think I might actually bother getting the other weapons since they seem to change a good amount. Only used default so far.

Raptomex

I didn't see anyone give you an answer yet. After you complete the survey for the game, go back to your main to-do list and it should be added on as the very last item. It will then allow you to 'order' it for zero coins, then it will pop up the code (that also gets emailed to you).

Its under your to do list, you will see his pic, and click it, club nintendo was messing up, but after a few tries it worked for me
Yeah, I just stopped playing to get ready for bed and checked my CN account again. I saw the DLC available. Thanks.

I've never played a DN game before. I got a Warriors: Legends of Troy a few weeks ago and played about 10 min of it. I enjoyed what I played but I'm finding this to be really awesome. The Zelda theme, the music, the gameplay. Amazing. I want the soundtrack.

boxter432

only played the first level, but had a lot of fun. glad I bought it, will be a great game to plop in for a level here and there over the next few weeks and months leading up to smash!

zroid

Banned
The Fire Rod is crazy. I love how practically every weapon feels dramatically different from the others. The gameplay changes to the extent that each weapon is almost like a character unto itself.

Mesoian

The Fire Rod is crazy. I love how practically every weapon feels dramatically different from the others. The gameplay changes to the extent that each weapon is almost like a character unto itself.

I don't really like it that much. I haven't maxed it out yet, but I thought the flamethrower would have a much longer range. It does not.

I'd rather just use the sword.

zroid

Banned
I don't really like it that much. I haven't maxed it out yet, but I thought the flamethrower would have a much longer range. It does not.

Yeah the flamethrower is not as good as it looked at first. My favourites are YYYYY and YXXX. The strong attack is also pretty good for sniping sub-bosses.

Teknoman

Man this music is good. I didn't even recognize the pre-battle theme as the oot shop music for a while.

Is the game getting an OST release?

Also wow...are all recent Musou games this awesome with soundtracks to match / stylish attacks, finishers, and boss entrances, because if so I need to get into the series.

Canon

Banned
I can't beat the damn manhandla. It seems you're screwed and have to restart the whole damn game if something on the other end of the map is being attacked.

Also what's the block button?

Mik317

This is super enjoyable.
The flaws of the genre is still there but each character play differently enough to avoid some of it.

also helps I know wtf is going on (I don't know shit about Chinese History and while I am into One Piece..Pirate Warriors 2 was too far ahead of where I am at in the series sooooo).

Good shit.

Alchemy

Game is a lot of fun in co-op, but god damn at the drop in visual quality. Its like I'm playing a 480p game all of a sudden.

Game is a lot of fun in co-op, but god damn at the drop in visual quality. Its like I'm playing a 480p game all of a sudden.

This is the games biggest problem, especially for me since I have several friends that want to play this with me. We still will but sometimes that frame rate dips big time.

So gotta say Lana isn't nearly as bad/annoying as I've seen some people say. In fact I have really been enjoying her move sets so far.

Also, does enjoying this game mean ill probably like other dynasty warrior games? Cause the whole battlefield aspect is pretty awesome.

I'm not sure, but I think it changes as it gets stronger. When I first got it, the flamethrower spread out in a fan at short range, which I assume is what you're talking about. But then when I came back in a different level with it, after that initial fanning out part it turned into a huge fire funnel. I swear it was the same attack, but then it just continued into this awesome fiery vortex. Maybe I upgraded the combo in the Badge area or something?

I've gotten a few chests to appear in Legend Mode that way. That's how I picked up the White Sword and the Deku Stick.

Anyways, I played a lot today, and definitely enjoyed it. Took me a number of tries to beat that Darunia/Goron stage. Friggin bombchus. I didn't understand what it meant by "operators." Took me a few tries. Also, I found it funny that the Imprisoned was much more difficult in this game (on Hard) than it was in SS. I think I liked the HW version of the fight better!

JoeM86

Congrats! I wasn't prepared for
how big the "weapon" actually is.
It's kind of hard to use, I can't properly see stuff.

Yeah, I noticed that. Going to run through a few levels with star weapon drops and try and get it boosted to an acceptable level while I try to find its powerful variants. Same with the Gauntlets, and hell, everything for everyone else. Doubt I'll ever use anything other than the Sword as Link, though

Unison

Really enjoying this game.

For those who know musou, how does this compare to the genre? Is there a top-tier musou game that someone would recommend digging into next, or is this as good as the genre gets?

Really looking forward to that DQ musou ("not a musou!", I know) now, given that I love DQ far more than Zelda.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
One thing I noticed, "Network Connection" defaults to No for some reason, which means you can't get the "Network Links" in Adventure Mode. I would check to make sure its enabled.

Luigiv

For those who know musou, how does this compare to the genre? Is there a top-tier musou game that someone would recommend digging into next, or is this as good as the genre gets?

Really looking forward to that DQ musou ("not a musou!", I know) now, given that I love DQ far more than Zelda.

General consensus seems to be that it's one of the better entries into the franchise but not the absolute best.

Personally I can only comment on HW and DW8, in which case I reckon HW is the better experience but only marginally (and I'm sure a lot of long time fans would disagree with my opinion).

Is the game getting an OST release?

Also wow...are all recent Musou games this awesome with soundtracks to match / stylish attacks, finishers, and boss entrances, because if so I need to get into the series.

the OST for musou games has always been excellent, one could argue it's the most consistent part of the series. TBH I rank Musou game soundtracks due to their consistency as god tier.

Teknoman

the OST for musou games has always been excellent, one could argue it's the most consistent part of the series

Believe it or not, I could even see a Metroid Musou happening (Metroid Force or something like that lol) after running around here. If only to hear what remixes would come of it.

I'd like some recommendations like Unison.

Right,. but I mean like, am I missing out on any collectibles by not doing easy or medium?

Also, is there any incentive to making sure all the keeps are yours before ending a map?

What? You can get weapons and heart containers for capturing keeps in Legends mode too.

So what does that red icon with the x1000 do?
Apparently it's not a weapon skill.

Means that the skill will be unlocked when you defeat 1000 enemies with it.

----

Also I've been strolling through the last few pages and all of your questions are answered in the games' tutorial ;b When those little messages come up: read them!

B-Dex

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate has a ridiculous amount if content and came out in the west recently.

Or Dybasty Warriors 8 XL Complete on PS4. Samurai Warriors 4 is out next month and looks the most current gen.

The one piece ones are great as well 2 is better than 1.

Fandangox

Are you sure? Hmm, maybe that is right. I thought I did an optional one and got a sealed weapon.

I really don't remember clearly, but I really don't recall having to go out of my way to get those on Legends mode, while I usually end up clearing all keeps in adventure mode to find the chests.

Shun

What if I have no knowledge of and no interest in One Piece?

Do you have any knowledge or interest in The Romance of the Three Kingdoms or the Sengoku Period? I mean those are what the other musou games are.

imo the One Piece game is pure fan service but the engine and in game models look like ass compared to Zelda Musou and other Musou games. Other One Piece games have a better engine and nicer models, the shading and the actual game doesn't look nearly as good as Unlimited World Red.

Out of the genre, Musou looks the best and Sengoku Basara plays a bit better imo though that isn't much the case anymore. If you want another Musou, just check out the newest release or pick a theme you like and choose a Musou game.

Musou is basically a gameplay thing at this point and it isn't limited to just Koei Tecmo so branch off and look at other developer's takes on Musou games.

Top Bottom