• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Is there less enemies on screen At once when playing co op? When taking over keeps/bases/etc... if the players are seperated there seems to be less enemies respawning, making it take a little longer to win the area.

I've played the first 4 levels and so far I'm really loving it. Sure the combat can get a bit repetitive but, it was expected and not nearly as bad as I worried it may be. As a Zelda fan there is plenty here to love. I hope it sells well enough that we could see future titles like this from Nintendo and 3rd parties as long as Nintendo makes sure their IP's are handled with care.

wilflare

It isn't a Nintendo game.

Its a Dynasty Warriors game with a Nintendo IP so yeah I think hopes were a little too high. All Dynasty Warrior games have had performance issues, it really isn't anything unexpected based on the last 16 or so titles. I own a lot if them and enjoy the DW games but when it randomly drops to 10 FPS for a few seconds you just shrug it off and carry on.

hmm I had the impression that Nintendo published it.. and that would mean Nintendo would require certain standards or levels of polish to be met.

I love the DW games - it was my first plat on the PS3 with DW7...haha was really just hoping their biggest performance issues would have been resolved with Nintendo intervening (guess they didn't.. haha thought they would since their IPs are part of the game).

jimi_dini

I thought the same as you. She is pretty shity with nearly all her attacks, but she has a trick. YYX-B. That combo is the one where she does a circle in the floor to invoke the giant bettle. Does massive damage to everything, including bosses weapoints.

Now that's good news. Will try that. Thanks. I think I just found a mission that is exclusive to her and it's full of Darknuts. :/ I think I will try my best to fully upgrade her asap.

btw. did I miss a run button? It really gets on my nerves that all the characters, that fly right above the ground (Fi, Ruto and even Midna) have a painfully slow speed for a few seconds until they switch to "run" mode. Is there a button to make them run immediately? It's always a pain, when there is some partner, who is almost dead and I want to run to that partner and for the first seconds it's slow as a snail. It wouldn't even be that big of a deal, if that "walking" speed of those characters was a bit faster. Maybe it's my imagination, but it seems that for example Link is faster than them besides him actually walking on the ground.

I also just noticed that the lock-on system is "a bit" buggy. I never had a real problem in story mode, but I just played a high-damage mission, where I had to kill 20 or so knights. Not only did those enemies appear only 5 meters away from me, which was a hassle, but the lock-on also made me get hit several times. I press lock-on, it locks onto a far away enemy. There is one right to the left of me. I even see him. I press the right stick to the left. Nothing. Press it again. Nothing. And so on until I got hit. I had to remove the lock to make it work.

Schlomo

btw. did I miss a run button? It really gets on my nerves that all the characters, that fly right above the ground (Fi, Ruto and even Midna) have a painfully slow speed for a few seconds until they switch to "run" mode. Is there a button to make them run immediately?

Hold down the dash button and you will run immediately.

Peff

there's a dash button? or is that the evade/roll button?

Yes, evade then keep the button pressed to run. Once the animation starts you can let go.

I also just noticed that the lock-on system is "a bit" buggy. I never had a real problem in story mode, but I just played a high-damage mission, where I had to kill 20 or so knights. Not only did those enemies appear only 5 meters away from me, which was a hassle, but the lock-on also made me get hit several times. I press lock-on, it locks onto a far away enemy. There is one right to the left of me. I even see him. I press the right stick to the left. Nothing. Press it again. Nothing. And so on until I got hit. I had to remove the lock to make it work.

I think blocking disables changing the target, it may have been that.

So i have a magic rod with the same locked 25000 ko skill as the master sword. I didnt even think you could find that skill in a weapon, I cant wait to see what it is.

Ive been unlocking some 3000 ko skills and lol at some of them.
Ganondorf has one where he only gets quarter of hearts for every heart he collects (even when going up level or with a heart from a treasure chest) but he is more powerful. Its shit becuase i havent really seen a change in terms of power, so if its there, its not drastic enough for the shitty hearts thing.

Impa just unlocked one thats called Demon King, it says the weapon is more powerful against ganondorf.

EDIT
Ah yes I wanted to add. Thank to the poster that said that the way to show Zant's weakpoint is blocking his combos instead of evading. That is really how it works.

I think that internally screaming gif is the perfect expression of how link is feeling

Maybe he has a contract with Nintendo where its states she can't touch the girls even if they create a harem surrounding him.
I will also scream internally if that was the case lol

jimi_dini

I think blocking disables changing the target, it may have been that.

Nope. First of all I never block. I always evade. And I was beating that stage with arrows only. Makes those "max damage" stages a piece of cake normally.

Hold down the dash button and you will run immediately.

Argh, why didn't I think of that. Thanks. Will make some stuff easier. I also really dislike it when I'm actually running, then some boss cutscene plays and the cutscene makes me stop running, even if I never let go of the stick. Silly oversight. Got hit a few times because of that (boss rushed to me).

Vidiot

Having played it now I can say it really needed voice acting imo. Having to read the text that pops up pretty often is very distracting.

Yrael

(Thanks for the compliments about the wolf picture earlier!)

Sheesh, it's going to take me forever to get all the gold skulltulas. One of them scurried away immediately after I bombed the rock to make it appear and started to slash. *_*

kunonabi

very irritating that the button setting screen only allows you to config some buttons and just blocks the others out. oh well, at least I was able to move the dodge to the a button on the wiimote at the very least.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Not a huge fan of the massive gap between unlocking everyone and then unlocking the final four in Adventure Mode. A much bigger time requirement, and a lot of those adventure boards involve monster bosses that will kill you in two hits if you're not in your late 20s/mid 30s level range.

gogojira

Debating between this and Shadow of Mordor which is the weirdest internal gaming debate I've ever had because they are nothing alike. I'm not a Dynasty Warriors fan but the Zelda fusion made this really interesting to me.

I wish moneybags would fall from the sky so I could just scoop them both up.

StAidan

OK, having finished the first 4 missions, I have another question: how in the heck do you break a lock-on? I assumed so far that it was like Zelda where letting go of L would kill the lock, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Valga pwned me a number of times because I couldn't break away. I had never tried to break lock-on until I faced him.

OK, having finished the first 4 missions, I have another question: how in the heck do you break a lock-on? I assumed so far that it was like Zelda where letting go of L would kill the lock, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Valga pwned me a number of times because I couldn't break away. I had never tried to break lock-on until I faced him.

ZL or L, I don't remember. Whatever button that locks on will lock off.

shaowebb

Funny. Me and my friend were commenting on how great it is that they did it the way they did.

Agreed. Midna wouldn't be Midna without her whole bag of gibber sounds. Darunia wouldn't feel like the Goron we all knew without his Goron sounds. If folks suddenly had voice acting it would essentially rewrite and recharacerize their presentation from before because the character would begin being carried by the voice presentation of their respective actors.

Make some sounds, but leave the dialogue text. Otherwise its not really the fan game it sought out to be but an attempt to change the characters they were meant to pay tribute to.
Worst boss mob in the game, I'd rather be accosted by a gang of redeads than fight 2 manhandla's.

My worst nightmare would be Volga surrounded by redeads in a keep so I couldn't lure them apart. Being stuck in one spot by a redead vs Volga's attacks? You gonna die.

You don't hold it in HW, press it once and the camera focuses on the mob and press it again to have the camera focus on your character.

shaowebb

The one with Ruto, Darunia, Sheik and two Gohmas is im-fucking-possible, even on co-op.

Oddly enough I haven't even used Coop and thats a big thing for me and my wife. How does the game feel on the other controllers? Can I use a wii mote and a classic controller or do I need one of the new Wii U Pro controllers to use this mode?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
The one with Ruto, Darunia, Sheik and two Gohmas is im-fucking-possible, even on co-op.

I'm thinking a grindfest is gonna be needed and characters with have to go in with their best weapon where their damage is maximized. I try to abuse Link in those missions when I can since his combos chain into his spin attack doing big damage to their gauges.

RiggyRob

Oddly enough I haven't even used Coop and thats a big thing for me and my wife. How does the game feel on the other controllers? Can I use a wii mote and a classic controller or do I need one of the new Wii U Pro controllers to use this mode?

I don't think the game supports a Wii Classic Controller connected to a Wiimote, and we haven't used a Wiimote & Nunchuk yet, but I hear it's a bit awkward since the weak attack is mapped to waggling the remote.

Your best bet is probably the one of the new Wii U Pro Controllers, but I'd suggest you try out the Wiimote & Nunchuk first.

Zoracka

You can use the Wii remote nonchuck combo. I haven't tried it myself, but it should not be very good. Hard to do combos with wiggling and no stick to control the camera.

It supports Wii U Pro Controller - my preferred way of playing the game - and not the classic controller AFAIK.

Debating between this and Shadow of Mordor which is the weirdest internal gaming debate I've ever had because they are nothing alike. I'm not a Dynasty Warriors fan but the Zelda fusion made this really interesting to me.

I wish moneybags would fall from the sky so I could just scoop them both up.

Get Hyrule Warriors....seriously. It is a blast. The 1st 5 minutes I was thinking "This is going to get old" but it doesn't at all. It is surprisingly fun and I am not a Warriors fan either

you would think people would be able to notice it... :D

besides, Wolf, you can update the OP about the DLC in this part:

October 16 is global, remove the "not sure" bit. same goes for all other packs. global releases.

Are you sure all the dates are global? I haven't heard anything regarding NA. If you're sure then I'll edit it!

You don't press and hold the button, you toggle it.

Mohonky

Huh, so after I wasnt into picking this game up and my sister bought it for herself anyway, I decided to give it a go; ended up really really enjoying it. Wasnt expecting that. I was really wondering what the hell Nintendo were doing by allowing these guys to take Zelda and make a musoi game out of it as I never really got into Dynasty Warriors yet I played 3 missions and enjoyed the crap out of it and really enjoying the way they made use of the Zelda assets.

The only thing that put me off is that this game seems like it has crushed blacks and oversaturated colours. I had to do a double take to make sure my tv settings were correct and then go play another game to confirm it. Not sure why, but I needed to pump up the brightness of this game which is unusual as I calibrated my set with a colour meter and used DVE / HCFR test patterns to get my set setup. Yet for some reason this game just doesnt quite look like its right.

Spocker

Does anyody know the specific requirements to unlock certain missions in adventure mode? I've unlocked a square where I have to fight Agitha among other mobs, but the game don't let me start it. (quite early in the unlocked squares from the twilight princess line)
I had a similar one at a lake where it wouldnt start unless i tried it with
Ruto
, but no luck here.
There's an unlockable char on a square quite near, but i can't reach it since this square seems locked.
I think can reach it by going the long way through the graveyard, but it seems very excessive.

D-Pad

This game is pretty fun.

Game is really fun! My sister and I weren't expecting it to be as fun as it is. We cleared legend mode day one, and started adventure mode yesterday. It's been a blast!

Boss spoiler:
But fuck The Imprisoned. Fuck it in Skyward Sword. Fuck it in this game. Worst Zelda boss of all time continues to be the worst. And then Adventure mode throws two mini ones at you along side of the big one in a tiny room. AND makes you fight it as Fi. If it weren't for co-op I'd deem it impossible.

RiggyRob

Game is really fun! My sister and I weren't expecting it to be as fun as it is. We cleared legend mode day one, and started adventure mode yesterday. It's been a blast!

Boss spoiler:
But fuck The Imprisoned. Fuck it in Skyward Sword. Fuck it in this game. Worst Zelda boss of all time continues to be the worst. And then Adventure mode throws two mini ones at you along side of the big one in a tiny room. AND makes you fight it as Fi. If it weren't for co-op I'd deem it impossible.

Fi is actually one of the best ones to fight the Imprisoned because her style means she can attack the toes without being hot by the shock wave.

Top Bottom