• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

DJ_Lae

Played a good chunk of the legend mode - enjoying it a lot more than I expected.

Maybe half the levels I've played with my daughter, and that's been fun too even with the drastic drop in resolution and framerate. The Palace of Twilight in particular was borderline unplayable about halfway through, and in addition to a low framerate everything slowed way down too. It was bizarre, the other levels weren't great but none of them had that huge of a performance hit.

B-Dex

Death Mountain is such a crapshoot. Somehow a bombchu spawned right near my base once they show up. I didn't have time to even get back down to try and defend. Game over.

Not a fan of how fast the allied base dies.

Tried it on my brother's Wii U. Wow... it's graphically worse than any of the recent dynasty warriors I played.

The performance dips so terribly and for a game coming after MK8, it feels like it's like graphics from the Wii generation.

Eh, it's interesting seeing how they put some story into a Zelda. It feels weird. Standard Dynasty Warrior fare, but not great.

Dicer

Banned
Tried it on my brother's Wii U. Wow... it's graphically worse than any of the recent dynasty warriors I played.

The performance dips so terribly and for a game coming after MK8, it feels like it's like graphics from the Wii generation.

Eh, it's interesting seeing how they put some story into a Zelda. It feels weird. Standard Dynasty Warrior fare, but not great.

Hyperbole much?

911.jpg

Alas poor, Cia.

zroid

Banned
Nope. Take it literally. I think it looks real bad.

The game on the whole doesn't look particularly great, but the art definitely makes up for it IMO. Granted, I'm a Zelda fan, so just seeing all these locales in HD makes me giddy.

That said, the character models are all fantastic.

Shun

Apparently the game sometimes glitches out during some stages where hearts only heal 1/4 compared to a full heart.

Did anyone else experience that? I found it really weird and it made my experience dealing with Ghirahim and The Imprisoned a nightmare.

I really didn't want to redo the entire stage again and was basically forced to clutch it out.

Tyeforce

I'm sure this has been brought up many times already, but has it been confirmed if the preorder outfits will be made available to everyone in the future via DLC? Not knowing is really bugging me, and if it's not confirmed either way yet then I'll be really bummed that I didn't preorder at three different retailers and just returned two copies, lol.

In the event that it's not been confirmed that the outfits will be distributed via DLC in the future, I'd be willing to buy the download codes for the Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess outfits from anyone... >.<

Golnei

I'm sure this has been brought up many times already, but has it been confirmed if the preorder outfits will be made available to everyone in the future via DLC? Not knowing is really bugging me, and if it's not confirmed either way yet then I'll be really bummed that I didn't preorder at three different retailers and just returned two copies, lol.

In the event that it's not been confirmed that the outfits will be distributed via DLC in the future, I'd be willing to buy the download codes for the Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess outfits from anyone... >.<

It's been confirmed (probably in the OP, actually) but we don't know anything about pricing or release dates right now.

Shun

Death Mountain is such a crapshoot. Somehow a bombchu spawned right near my base once they show up. I didn't have time to even get back down to try and defend. Game over.

It's easier when you press + and keep track of enemy units and other health bars.

It's a damn shame they didn't utilize this for the Touch Screen. Instead of mission notifications, they could have added like a map or some kind of screen to keep track of our bases' HP bars and where allied and enemy units are.

I hope that if there is enough demand or something, they'll look into it because atm the second screen is moot.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Im in eldin cave and the goldskultula just fled on me when I just realized where it was.
Im mad salty right now.

Apparently the game sometimes glitches out during some stages where hearts only heal 1/4 compared to a full heart.

Did anyone else experience that? I found it really weird and it made my experience dealing with Ghirahim and The Imprisoned a nightmare.

I really didn't want to redo the entire stage again and was basically forced to clutch it out.
Maybe you accidentally equipped the weapon with special skill that increase your power but all hearts only heal 1/4.

foxuzamaki

Is it just me, or are the character models blowing anyone else's mind especialy when theres like sometimes a hundreds of enemies on the screen?

Tyeforce

It's been confirmed (probably in the OP, actually) but we don't know anything about pricing or release dates right now.
I didn't see anything about it in the OP. Could you possibly provide a source? I think it may just be misinformation going around, because I've looked but haven't been able to find anything official. I know it's been confirmed that the season pass will include some costumes, but it's not specified which ones, and it's implied that they're new costumes, not the preorder ones.

foxuzamaki

Thats funny, I remember seeing alot of posts from DW vets that this is one of the best looking warriors games

Mesoian

Polished off story mode. Longer than I thought it would be. And other than the very stupid assault on the Garudo Desert which is too reliant on stupid AI, I enjoyed it.

Now it's time for adventure mode, which seems pretty cool after 5 missions.

Pizza

Has anyone figured out how to unlock link's red/blue tunic and the chain chomp? I mistook the water bomb for the chain chomp and was a sad panda when i realized i was a dope.

Otherwise, this game is rad as heck and i easily forsee it taking up much of my Smash Bros time once that comes out.

Effect

Nope. Take it literally. I think it looks real bad.

You might want to actually go back and play a few Wii games and better yet perhaps get your eyes checked then. Many DW players say the game looks great compared to past games save perhaps the new PS4 one as said. I'm still playing Wii games and this certainly doesn't look like a Wii game. As for performance I'm noticed some slight dips when there is a ton happening at once but the word terrible or even bad wouldn't ones I use. Not in single player at all.

Co-op is were performance drops considerably. Now if that is what you are referring to then you should make that clear. The single player is a night and day comparison.

Speaking of which do we know if they're going to be attempting to fix the performance in co-op?

ohlawd

literally taking Shining Sunshine seriously lol

same dude who keeps claiming Story of Seasons has bad controls (despite never having played a single Harvest Moon game)

and that's just one. Joke poster through and through.

Naar

I just bought Hyrule Warriors digitally and moved the game to an external harddrive that i bought yesterday 500GB

I barely can get to the menu screen before it tells me the USB cable has been disconnected or not enough power or something like that.

This is the first time i play a game off a external harddrive on Wii U

Its a WD elements 500GB Drive that i bought for other stuff before and never had issues. I thought pretty much any harddrive would work on Wii U

Can someone tell me what the problem is? Also is there a way to download the game directly to the harddrive rather than downloading it on the system then transferring it later?

Effect

I just bought Hyrule Warriors digitally and moved the game to an external harddrive that i bought yesterday 500GB

I barely can get to the menu screen before it tells me the USB cable has been disconnected or not enough power or something like that.

Its a WD elements 500GB Drive that i bought for other stuff before and never had issues. I thought pretty much any harddrive would work on Wii U

Can someone tell me what the problem is? Also is there a way to download the game directly to the harddrive rather than downloading it on the system then transferring it later?

What's powering the hard drive? Is it powered by a plug to an outlet or just a single usb cable going to the Wii U? If it's a single usb cable then it's not getting enough power and you need a Y cable that plugs into two of the usb ports on the Wii U for it to get enough power. That's what I use.

There is a setting in the system settings that can tell the Wii U to storage downloads on the hard drive instead of the internal storage.

Edit: What me0wish posted is what you might need.

HiroTSK5

Only stage I got a game over in, even going back at a higher level it's awful

So I'm up to the third boss
Gohma
and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I wait for him to shoot a beam, then I shoot him in the eye and attack for a bit, rinse and repeat.

BUT

Between beam attacks he just does way too many massive spin attacks and stuff and kills too many units and I lose.

Edit: Classic complain on the internet strategy worked and I beat it next shot. It just seemed to spam it's beams a lot more that time /shrug

wilflare

use a Y-Cable. the drive is not getting enough power from a single USB port.

Really hate the item switching mechanic.. They should show 5 items at the lower left at all times and let you cycle through the list.

You can also use the gamepad.

Nice! Epona's legs look a bit awkward though, but it most likely won't be noticeable in motion.

Wow. Just wow.

Here we go again.

wVZfjBc.png

wilflare

sure hope a patch will improve performance in the future. the dips when things get hectic is really noticeable...

or maybe im hoping for too much! a DW game w Zelda characters + Nintendo Polish magic?

on a separate note, the art style and character models are beautiful!

Recall

sure hope a patch will improve performance in the future. the dips when things get hectic is really noticeable...

or maybe im hoping for too much! a DW game w Zelda characters + Nintendo Polish magic?

on a separate note, the art style and character models are beautiful!

It isn't a Nintendo game.

Its a Dynasty Warriors game with a Nintendo IP so yeah I think hopes were a little too high. All Dynasty Warrior games have had performance issues, it really isn't anything unexpected based on the last 16 or so titles. I own a lot if them and enjoy the DW games but when it randomly drops to 10 FPS for a few seconds you just shrug it off and carry on.

jimi_dini

What the fuck, that stupid
Agitha
cunt. Who the fuck thought this was a good idea. I press the fucking fast and weak attack button and she does her silly
umbrella
animation for almost a second before hitting anyone with it.

I even leveled her up with lots of rupees to level 35 and also bought quite a few badges and she still isn't able to do jack shit.
And on top her silly special attack takes ages to complete and also doesn't do much damage.

btw. how is it possible that she is in the air and those fat pink things throw themselves on the ground and she is still hit, despite her being in the air. What the hell. That's so badly designed.

So there is actually a playable character worse than Fi. Compared to her Fi is actually quite good.

Yea its self powered but i used it on my PC many times and it never powered off. So i thought it would be the same on the Wii U

Buy a Y-USB cable. They are really cheap. The problem is that the Wii U USB ports don't offer enough power for the device. But when you combine 2 USB ports it will work out without issues. Yeah copying and moving games/save files is possible.

Naar

Yea its self powered but i used it on my PC many times and it never powered off. So i thought it would be the same on the Wii U

are there any hard drives you guys recommend that are self powered for the Wii U?

Also i had to redownload the game to the Wii Us hard drive again cause the external keeps shutting down and i cant copy it back.

I should be able to transfer the game and the save data to another hard drive later right? I know the answer to this question is a yes but wanna make sure :p

RiggyRob

Agitha
cunt. Who the fuck thought this was a good idea. I press the fucking fast and weak attack button and she does her silly
umbrella

I even leveled her up with lots of rupees to level 35 and also bought quite a few badges and she still isn't able to do jack shit.
And on top her silly special attack takes ages to complete and also doesn't do much damage.

btw. how is it possible that she is in the air and those fat pink things throw themselves on the ground and she is still hit, despite her being in the air. What the hell. That's so badly designed.

So there is actually a playable character worse than Fi. Compared to her Fi is actually quite good.

Remember you can press evade to cancel the animation so it doesn't take so long - IIRC the only person this doesn't work with is Sheik, since he has to complete the harp playing animation for the effect to take place.

Might as well out my NNID in this thread, I could use some more Network Links for the rupees - NNID: RiggyRob, same as my GAF username.

Agitha
umbrella

Uh, jimi, I think you need to see someone to talk to about that temper of yours.

Went through Death Mountain stage last night and it was so cool! I thought HW would be a pretty dumb game, but there's definitely some strategy involved, as you have to decide which of the many critical situations to address first.

I'm enjoying the hell out of this game, it's way better than I expected. And I'm pleasantly surprised by GAF's reaction to it, seems like most people here like it a lot too. I know there's lots of hate towards musou games (never played one, can't say whether it's deserved or not).

Just finished up the Valley of Seers and I have some questions.

How do you unseal sealed weapons? Didn't see anything on the menu of the manual?

How the hell do you find time to hunt Skulltulas when keeps are falling every few minutes?

Is there ever any reason to mix up combos? Or do you just find one super combo for everyone and spam that forever?

Is the whole game just reacting to mission commands telling you to race to the opposite end of the map every few minutes or face a Defeat?

Is Lana worth a damn?

This whole game gives me feeling of puzzlement rather than enjoyment. I can't even say I don't like it. Not likening a game usually means I at least understand what I'm doing and have decided that I don't like what I'm doing. Not so with HW. My general reaction to everything has been: "Huh? Ok, I guess."

-You need to get all the weapons first. After that the kill count starts

-You need to be fast and make good tactics so it appear in middle of a slow mission. Its easier the second time to play a level. Also they are usually behind things, below rocks or just in plain sight. The BRM lowers when you are near one.

-It depends of the characters. There are characters with varios good combos, and good for different ocassions, and there are others with only one good combo. There are also characters good to kil bosses but not group of mobs or commanderts, and viceversa.

-Yes, but as I say they usually all come one at a time (even if somewhat fast). The important thing is, do not lose time killing people outside bases if the mission does not say so. Gold aura officers are a pain in the ass and they are there for a reason, to make you tay away from your more important side missions.

-Yes, she is not one of the best character, but she is pretty good and also very fun to play. Book is better than the deku leaf, and i think she has another weapon.
Also protip, before hating a character, level it up and tryo to do as much as the skill tree as possible. That changes for example Ruto from one of the most meh characters to one of the best in the game.

The important thing if you dont understand how it plays. Its not ONLY and action game, is a strategy game. The most important thing in the harder stages is how to take side missions and main missions fast and know to prioritize, the difficulty doesnt come from random mobs not attacking.

Agitha
umbrella

I thought the same as you. She is pretty shity with nearly all her attacks, but she has a trick. YYX-B. That combo is the one where she does a circle in the floor to invoke the giant bettle. Does massive damage to everything, including bosses weapoints. The thing is, she does a little dance at the end. The good thing is, you can cancel it with B, even before the giant bettle appears. She is the only character that can cancel a combo just as it finishes and the combo still be going, so just as she summons the circle cancel the attack with B. The bettle will still appear for you to spam that attack again.

911.jpg

Alas poor, Cia.
:( lol

Same happened to me once lol

Top Bottom