• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

fred

That and the ghoma stage are clearly a spike in difficulty because they are tutorials to know how to do things to come. Basically what the game is telling you is to prioritize, even if the main mission is another thing.
Darunia is much slower than the bombchus, kill the engineers of the bombchus first and then run to darunia. If you let a bombchu destroy a base (not the main one, its important you know which ones to go first), do not worry, its not the end of the level, just keep going after the rest of the bombchus.

Prioritize is even harder in some adventure and helping link missions. So you need to start learning how the game plays in this easier ones.

Not really. Upgrade her, she is pretty good. Best combo to wipe out group is YYYYYX. She is so fast that if you use her well commanders have a hard time to hit you. She is also one of the few characters pretty good against the Imprissioned.

Yup, strategy comes into play starting with level 4 or 5, can't remember which one it was now. It's one of the things I quite like about the game so far.

Anteo

Well fuck, the
final cia
battle was so hard. Playing with a lvl 20 lana and runing around trying to take objectives before my allies fell was so good. Got her to lvl 29 in that stage too.

Beat the first 4 stages and then Death Mountain. Having alot of fun. Definitely lost a few times on hard due to not prioritizing saving certain bases, etc...

Shiek da best. Lana w/ sorcerers book da worst so far.

shaowebb

Well fuck, the
final cia
battle was so hard. Playing with a lvl 20 lana and runing around trying to take objectives before my allies fell was so good. Got her to lvl 29 in that stage too.

The moment when
Volga appears
you think it can't get any worse. Then
4 Cia's summoning Dark Links with glowing hyper armor on her during certain attacks
happens an you are certain that it most assuredly did get worse for you. Match was hard as hell. Definitely one of the most memorable Zelda moments by far.

I feel for you too...my wife and I had only played Lana once and we chose her too. Ended up having to take a lvl 14 Lana in on this. She had her badges unlocked for combos, but hooooooooly crap was it rough. Save stating took place on several occassions to compensate for just how fast this battle could turn on you.

Game is amazing. Thank you Nintendo/Koei for not pumping out a snore. This game has legit difficulty.

Kacho

Played all day today and I'm very much enjoying it. Took a break from the Story mode and dived into the Adventure mode, which I didn't know anything about going in, and what a nice surprise it was. The amount of stuff there is to do is just incredible. I'll no doubt sink 100+ hours into this game. Went ahead and got the DLC too.

Anteo

The moment when
Volga appears
you think it can't get any worse. Then
4 Cia's summoning Dark Links with glowing hyper armor on her during certain attacks
happens an you are certain that it most assuredly did get worse for you. Match was hard as hell. Definitely one of the most memorable Zelda moments by far.

I feel for you too...my wife and I had only played Lana once and we chose her too. Ended up having to take a lvl 14 Lana in on this. She had her badges unlocked for combos, but hooooooooly crap was it rough. Save stating took place on several occassions to compensate for just how fast this battle could turn on you.

Game is amazing. Thank you Nintendo/Koei for not pumping out a snore. This game has legit difficulty.

Too bad the
dark links
just die with a boomerang hit. Just use it as she is casting the spell. I discovered that by accident

Kinsei

Banned
Wow Fi sucks. I almost died by running out of health with her on normal.

I notice that the next level is Link only, but the heart container is for Zelda and the heart piece is for Lana. Will I be able to use them in legend mode once I beat the level, or will I have to hop into free play to grab the hearts?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

I notice that the next level is Link only, but the heart container is for Zelda and the heart piece is for Lana. Will I be able to use them in legend mode once I beat the level, or will I have to hop into free play to grab the hearts?

Free Mode.

------------

You can view character history stuff in the Tutorials menu.

Anteo

I think you can do it in legend, The avalible characters box shows all of the characters after you beat the stage, I didnt try to go back so I'm not sure

Effect

I didn't think the vine section was confusing. You try to attack them and they come right back. That tells you two things. One that they can be destroyed. However the second thing is that you need something that will do it for good. Maybe it's a Zelda thing or not but that was pretty clear to me. So I started looking around for what I needed and already by this point the game has shown you that when you capture a keep you can get a chest that contains items. So you the next step is to take keeps you might not have taken to see if you get anything.\

A lot of the game it seems is observation. Observe how the bosses attack, how the enemy captains or named monsters attack and block, where enemy forces are headed on the map and if a keep is going to fall or not, etc. A good part of the challenge is paying attention to all of this and knowing when you can ignore it to focus on the task at hand.

Think I'll check this out, cause I'm close to trading this game in. Nothing is explained well and the map and weapons fusing is poorly laid out.

There is an entire tutorial section before you start a stage that explains everything. Granted I think that menu should be accessible from different screens but there is a digital manual for the game that contains all the sections as well.

HylianTom

Banned
I'm learning how to play this type of game.. slowly.

It's a change of pace for me, but I like so far. Loving all of the fanservice. It's taking me a while to get through, since I stop to listen to the soundtrack along the way, hehe..

Is the sound volume in this game weird for anyone else? Like, the music seems really awesome but its quiet and I can barely hear it. So I go to options and turn the music to max, turn sfx to about 60% and then turn my receiver volume up. Everything is good until someone in the game talks, which is then insanely loud and apparently not something you can adjust.

Raptomex

Just completed Legends Mode for the first time. What an amazing game. I never played any DW games but this was great. Addicting, too.

wilflare

the thing I don't get about fusing weapons is that

I set a good weapon with an empty slot as the base
then I use a weak weapon with a skill I want as material

but at the confirmation screen, under enhanced weapon, I get a weapon without any skill?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
the thing I don't get about fusing weapons is that

I set a good weapon with an empty slot as the base
then I use a weak weapon with a skill I want as material

but at the confirmation screen, under enhanced weapon, I get a weapon without any skill?

Choose base weapon with empty slot. Choose a second weapon with desired skill. Select slot to confirm the transfer and say yes after the warning of the weapon to be fused will be destroyed.

Ken

oh dear, i didn't even play hyrule warriors outside of updating wii U for it and went out and got WO3U for ps4 lol

no musou to all the musou @_@

JC Lately

Just finished up the Valley of Seers and I have some questions.

How do you unseal sealed weapons? Didn't see anything on the menu of the manual?

How the hell do you find time to hunt Skulltulas when keeps are falling every few minutes?

Is there ever any reason to mix up combos? Or do you just find one super combo for everyone and spam that forever?

Is the whole game just reacting to mission commands telling you to race to the opposite end of the map every few minutes or face a Defeat?

Is Lana worth a damn?

This whole game gives me feeling of puzzlement rather than enjoyment. I can't even say I don't like it. Not likening a game usually means I at least understand what I'm doing and have decided that I don't like what I'm doing. Not so with HW. My general reaction to everything has been: "Huh? Ok, I guess."

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
You unseal sealed weapons automaticly

and Lana is strong, cancel out her Y enders with the dash, then use your Y by itself to kick off the walls and blow them up.

Anteo

Lana is one of my favorites characters, so strong and great for both croud control and boss kills, being able to cancel her moves into a dash and still get to the enemy to continue the combo never gets old. Heck, you can cancel the animation of her slingshoot as soon as she launches the projectile.

I beat the "good guy" story part
or at least up to the part where Ganondorf goes apeshit

I like everyone except Lana. Her spear weapon is atrocious and I cannot stand her jumping backwards when you do the YYYYY combo. It drives me insane, hahahaha.

Dicer

Banned
Played a bit more legend and Adventure tonight, and the game tossed me around a bit...and I don't mind one bit, I'll be back to kick it's ass into place.

First chance I get I'll be grabbing the DLC, I went retail only because I did a trade in, should have really went digital, but whatever.

Makonero

Can somebody explain how the online stuff works when your connected in Adventure mode? or give me a link to an explanation

From my admittedly limited experience, it seems that it will show friends of yours on there at higher levels that will... help you?Hurt you? Not sure yet. Haven't seen any roaming Links.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Can somebody explain how the online stuff works when your connected in Adventure mode? or give me a link to an explanation

From my admittedly limited experience, it seems that it will show friends of yours on there at higher levels that will... help you?Hurt you? Not sure yet. Haven't seen any roaming Links.

Every so often a Link sprite will show up on a square that's open to you. He'll have a level attached to him. You can "assist" him by playing a special battle there that is difficult. If you win the rewards are rare crafting materials, good weapons, etc.

The Link can be from anyone, but if it's from your friends list the rewards are better. If someone beats a challenge spawned by your own Link, you'll get a message about it.

Volcynika

Wayyy deep into Legend Mode, one of the much later boss fights against
_Cia_
was crazy on hard.
When she split into the clones it was a huge exercise in crowd control and making sure I didn't get walloped from behind.

champloo

Does anyone know if we're getting the free villain DLC in a few days like Japan is or do we have to wait a bit longer?

Wait, there's waggle controls!? :OOOOO

Well the second player get to use the wii remote when playing coop. and I believe you have to swing that thing to attack..

New pic?
zlCfzSfI1ooUlB8OjM

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Any idea how much extra content the "Adventure Map" from the DLC will be? If its even a quarter of the size of the normal one, I think it would be worth it.

Top Bottom