• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

It's the Master Quest set...so, I'd hazard a guess and say it might be based on the Second Quest from Zelda...

Although, did that have a different map layout? I know the secrets were re-arranged, atleast.

Yeah, it was the same map, just with the secrets and dungeons re arranged.

Do people really know where all those secrets are? How many played second quest? They better drop a whole bunch of compasses if they're going to do that, or change how adventure maps work ;b

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Am I bad or is Hard mode supposed to be played after I've gotten higher level stuff? Bosses are the definition of damage sponges in it.

Get better stuff and higher levels for your characters. You get more OP to be able to take on the harder difficulties.

-----------------

Imprisoned haters I found your solution to making him a cakewalk with Ganondorf. Using his C6 you can annihilate all of his toes and make him fall on his ass in one fell swoop. Then you can attack his gauge and when he flops around and gets up just hold your C6 enough distance away from his red shockwaves and hit him with it again to consistently knock him on his ass. He's practically harmless.

----------------------

Hate those Quiz challenges where you need to attack one foe but the other gets in the way? Use the boomerang to make them dizzy/stunned for about 15-20 seconds or so. Helps a lot if you want to go for weak point smashes.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Oh man, I guess it's gonna be awhile for the people with the DLC to unlock everything to show us...

Although maybe Famitsu will reveal some of it.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Imprisoned haters I found your solution to making him a cakewalk with Ganondorf. Using his C6 you can annihilate all of his toes and make him fall on his ass in one fell swoop. Then you can attack his gauge and when he flops around and gets up just hold your C6 enough distance away from his red shockwaves and hit him with it again to consistently knock him on his ass. He's practically harmless.

That one adventure mode challenge for Fi where you battle a bunch of *fos and 3 Imprisoned (albeit 2 baby ones) is still pretty tough to A rank for me though, simply due to damage and time taken.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
That one adventure mode challenge for Fi where you battle a bunch of *fos and 3 Imprisoned (albeit 2 baby ones) is still pretty tough to A rank for me though, simply due to damage and time taken.

Yeah it's pretty terrible since Fi is more a speed character rather then a power character. And you don't always get to use her Musou attack(which you should use under the legs to knock him down in one swoop).

Only used Fi once and she's pretty great. I have unlocked the eight first character and all characters are strong so far. Some are better than others, sure, but they're all good thus far. Will see how I feel about Agitha.

Just unlocked Ghirahim. Holding off on playing until tomorrow, mainly because the gamepad's batter was running low.

Time to get a Wii U Pro controller. I keep my gamepad on my charging station right in front of me while playing.

Am I bad or is Hard mode supposed to be played after I've gotten higher level stuff? Bosses are the definition of damage sponges in it.

I got through Hard mode from the getgo relatively without incident. The bosses can be rough if you're not using the training dojo to raise everyone to your current ceiling and being aggressive about taking and retaining keeps (so as to keep your levels up). Once you start getting more badges and better weapons, it starts getting easier. Until then, it's basically just taking advantage of their weakpoints.

Got this game sunday and i've been having just a blast man. Game is so much fun. Never played a DW or Musou game before, first one i've played, and it's just so hard to put down! Love all the fanservice and nods to past Zeldas. Shiek is probably my favorite character so far, i enjoyed Fi as well.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Seems Cia and Lana have new outfits...
_________based on their COMBINED form appearance_____________

ChrisD

People like Fi in this? Only used her once and hated her >.>

She's my favorite. Crowd dancing feels so good.

Also, I don't think anyone at Tecmo or Nintendo knows what a quiz is. "Kill the enemy with a sword!" is not a quiz. Or a question. Love how it says, "You answered all the questions!" at the end, and I'm just over here like, "what questions."

So I feel like I've not been living up to my username by not chiming in on this thread yet, and I just wanted to at least give my thoughts after playing it these past few days in my spare time.

I must admit, I've never been a big fan of the previous Warriors games. I've tried them many times hoping that they would click with me, but they never really have. However, with Hyrule Warriors so far, I'm finding that I am just really enjoying myself. This is so much more fast pace, and feels like it requires a much more attentive approach than some of the previous Warriors games I've played. Perhaps previous Warriors games have similar scenarios in later parts of those games, but I was never able to stick with them long enough to see it. This game I feel like is always commanding you to run all over the map, and that's cool. You can run past all the enemies if you want, but then you risk leaving your allies exposed, and easier to be overrun.

While the frame rate occasionally seems to get a little slow when shit really gets crazy on screen, I am actually really loving the look and performance of the game overall too. There's still some pop in for enemies that are really close to you, but I feel like it happens more often when you're not looking directly at them. I remember playing Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper on Wii U, and god...the enemies just appeared literally right in front of you, but Hyrule Warriors masks it much better.

The art style is some of my favorite in the Zelda series so far also, while it's not as unique as something like Wind Waker, for the "realistic" style, this has been my favorite since Ocarina of Time. All the characters look gorgeous, and even the new ones are really cool I think.

That's just my view at the moment, I still haven't completed all the content within the game, but I'm really liking what I've played so far, and looking forward to dipping into it some more.

jackal27

Banned
Looks like I'll be clearing Legend pretty soon. Just got to
the first mission where you play as Ganondorf.
I really like this game a lot, but I'm starting to get a little worn out on it. I hope it can continue to hold my interest.

Maybe I just need a break too. I've basically been playing nonstop every chance I get for the past 2 days.

Dizzy

Banned
Question...albeit dumb probably; when do I get access to my DLC costumes? And when do I choose them?
As soon as you download them (and have the character unlocked) you can use them.

Press X on the character select screen.

Looks like I'll be clearing Legend pretty soon. Just got to
the first mission where you play as Ganondorf.
I really like this game a lot, but I'm starting to get a little worn out on it. I hope it can continue to hold my interest.

Maybe I just need a break too. I've basically been playing nonstop every chance I get for the past 2 days.
I got a little worn out towards the end of the story too. Adventure mode is really where it comes alive. Well a few hours into it. As the game gets harder you begin to perfect your craft to compensate. Like Monster Hunter, the grind for better loot becomes part of the fun and the rewards keep you playing to unlock it all. At least in my experience.

So I unlocked Hero mode and deduced what the secondary Gold Skulltula criteria was, but for the first two levels, it didn't activate. Not sure what I am doing wrong. First one shouldn't even be missable.

I tried the first level on Hero and the second one on Hard and neither one produced the second skulltula.

there needs to be a Wind Waker wand weapon for Link
he will destroy enemies just by waving it

come on Ninty!
Zelda has the Wind Waker as a weapon.

I've played through the story campaign and started dabbling in the Adventure map. The latter's a pretty cute idea, but the frequent load times kind of put a damper on the thing. I do like that its unlock system forces you to use all the characters. It's a smart decision to keep people from not giving certain characters a chance.

The story was pretty dumb, but I doubt anyone expected much better. I still don't see a point in Lana, Cia or Volga, and all three could have easily been replaced with actual Zelda characters. Also a big disappointed that only three Zelda games seem to be represented, since they could have done so much more.

In spite of my somewhat negative post, I am enjoying the game quite a bit. I haven't played a Dynasty Warriors game since the PS2, so their tried and true formula feels fresh enough again. Not sure if this a game I'd recommend to a Zelda fan specifically, but it's fun enough in its own right.

SoldnerKei

I accepted GAFers who added me, and finished Legend mode, gonna lvlup some characters and get more skills then I'll jump up to adventure since I am having trouble with some of the limited characters... seriously I never touched Fi in legend mode lol

that Lana and Cia costumes, man this game will be like DOA5, clothing will take more money from me once again! you know my weakness Tecmo

Pophead

Do you like Musou/Warriors games or feel like you might?

This is pretty much the best entry-level one of those. Also depends on how much you like Zelda in general.

Never played Zelda really - it's a crime I know.

Hack 'n slash games appeal to me though, in its own way is the combat similar to that of Darksiders II or is it a different style?

Lulubop

Getting Link's level 3 Gauntlets is killing me, but at leveling I'm getting good XP. How many hearts can you afraid to give up for an A rank?

Never played Zelda really - it's a crime I know.

Hack 'n slash games appeal to me though, in its own way is the combat similar to that of Darksiders II or is it a different style?
Very different. It's not at all like traditional character action games.

Kind of imagine it's like a MOBA where you have total control. Most of the enemies you'll fight are creeps, some are other Lords. Warriors games are like that, where you mow through creeps to get to the Lords. You have a strong attack, a light attack, and a few other quirks depending on the character, as well as a full blown Super move you build meter toward.

I'd say see if any store around you has a demo or maybe watch a video on Youtube, but if you're not that in to Zelda, I am not sure you'll get enough out of it to warrant a price you'd be willing to part with.

Getting Link's level 3 Gauntlets is killing me, but at leveling I'm getting good XP. How many hearts can you afraid to give up for an A rank?

Ten hearts. But they can disappear fast.

Durden77

The dip in resolution and framerate in co-op I don't mind, but the enemy pop in reallllly sucks. At one point, my outpost captian wasn't even appearing for a solid few minutes because there were too many "enemies" around him. Thing is, the enemies kept popping in as I killed them, so even though they looked like a small group, it was actually huge. If that makes any sense.

Nohar

So far, best musou game ever made!

Anyone else agree?

One of the best? Definitly. THE best? The jury is still out. There are some things preventing it from deserving that title in my eyes (wonky camera, FPS drop, etc).
Though, compared to other Musou title, I guess it is very good one.

Top Bottom