• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

I'll update the OP soon with the new DLC details.

That is frustrating. I did the same for Ghirahim.

Unrelated, but also annoying: the Gamepad battery lasts such a short time. Most of the time it hasn't bothered me much, but this game seems to constantly make me want to play 'one more level'. Almost every time I've played this game, the battery has actually died (starting from full) before I was ready to quit. I don't want to have to buy an expanded battery though.

I second this product. I purchased something similar here in Canada. It adds some weight which can get uncomfortable over time, but it does at least double the battery life.

Might as well just buy a pro controller :)

Come to think of it, there's an option to just use the Pro controller isn't there? If so I should probably just do that. That thing lasts for eternity.

Yepp, of course! And of course you can still make use of the touch screen. I always keep my gamepad in front of me on a table standing in the charging station.

emb

Yepp, of course! And of course you can still make use of the touch screen. I always keep my gamepad in front of me on a table standing in the charging station.
It's funny, I looked through all the options when I started, and even used the Pro for a while in co-op, but never really considered the possibility of using it when playing solo. And I used to play MH3 with it all the time. Will definitely go that route from now on.

Where are the guys who said that the new adventure map would only be one tiny square? ;b

Byw900GIUAA2ORu.jpg:large

Yeah guys the Pro Controller is so goood for this game, and the battery lasts a really long time.

It's good for every game that supports it.

So... How's the game with content? How long to beat it?

Probably a million hours or more.

Mohonky

So... How's the game with content? How long to beat it?

Seems like if you want to do everything, absolutely shit loads. Theres just content everywhere and they seem to be making it faster than I am moving through it.

In other notes, i wasnt hyped for this at all, I never planned on getting it (my sister did, not me) to me this just seemed like they were taking the Zelda franchise and dragging it through the mud and yet, i cant stop playing it, its so damn fun. I have never been a musou fan, I only ever really liked Kingdom Under Fire (what ever happen to my KUF2 assholes!) but even without that strategy / rts element to it, this game is massively addictive, great fun and I love the Zelda integration. Really did not expect any of that.

But that's while playing over and over again the same levels, right?

How long is the "story" mode?

I forgot because we've only answered this question on every page of this thread.

10 hours or something maybe, depends on how you play. Then there's adventure mode and other stuff to collect as well (you won't unlock all characters and weapons in story mode).

emb

But that's while playing over and over again the same levels, right?

How long is the "story" mode?
The story mode is like 10 hours long.

The Adventure mode is also really fun; it's basically miscellaneous challenges, but does a great job keeping you running after the next carrot on a stick. It's a pretty meaty single player mode, but yeah, you are going through the same 15 or so settings. It's probably another 15 hours or something.

I haven't messed around much with challenge mode, but it doesn't seem as interesting so far.

I really hope some future DLC will have new stages too. Stages & characters over costumes & weapons every day, but of course one thing is easier to make than the other.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So I've been playing on Hard, and have played through the part where it splits up into 3 paths and have done the first level in each branch. I've noticed only the Hard difficulty is getting checked off as I finish levels, does this mean I'll have to replay through on the easier difficulties to get those marked off as well? Is there anything you get for that aside from doing it for completionist sake?

So I've been playing on Hard, and have played through the part where it splits up into 3 paths and have done the first level in each branch. I've noticed only the Hard difficulty is getting checked off as I finish levels, does this mean I'll have to replay through on the easier difficulties to get those marked off as well? Is there anything you get for that aside from doing it for completionist sake?

I've been wondering that too.

I'll be playing on easier modes when I go back to clean up all of those Heart Pieces/Skulltullas that I missed, but I'm curious if there's a point to beating them all on every difficulty.

Unrelated question: I've just gotten
the Master Sword
in Legends Mode, and do I need to get every other weapon in the game before unsealing it, or do I just need to hit 25000 kills? I nearly got that much in the last stage, but won just 100 shy. Grumble grumble.

emb

I've been wondering that too.

I'll be playing on easier modes when I go back to clean up all of those Heart Pieces/Skulltullas that I missed, but I'm curious if there's a point to beating them all on every difficulty.

Unrelated question: I've just gotten
the Master Sword
in Legends Mode, and do I need to get every other weapon in the game before unsealing it, or do I just need to hit 25000 kills? I nearly got that much in the last stage, but won just 100 shy. Grumble grumble.
You need to get all the weapons first. Though I have no idea if kills count before you do that, or if all the kills need to be in one level.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, one Skulluta Mission was "Complete the first mission, and kill 1200 Enemies without losing 4 Hearts".

Do I need to do the latter before I complete the first mission? Seems like it'll be tough...well, I guess the Defense Badges can reduce damage, right?

Feltrol

Banned
Hello, guys! I would like to get some opinions, if you don't mind.

I've been thinking on getting this game for quite some time, but I have never played a Dynasty Warriors game. The gameplay looks fun, even if It gets repetitive over time.

What I would like to know is how much content this game has to offer. Hopefully the gameplay is addicting, too!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
10 Hour Story mode, adventure mode has over 100 missions (Which range from 5 to 30 minutes affairs), there is some Challenge Stages that I haven't bothered with, and the DLC looks like it will have a ton of additional content.

emb

Hello, guys! I would like to get some opinions, if you don't mind.

I've been thinking on getting this game for quite some time, but I have never played a Dynasty Warriors game. The gameplay looks fun, even if It gets repetitive over time.

What I would like to know is how much content this game has to offer. Hopefully the gameplay is addicting, too!
Someone asked similar a few posts up. Basically a good amount of content. You have a little over 10 characters, most with level 2 and 3 versions of their weapons, and several with weapons that give entirely different movesets. The main story is about 10 hours, and the Adventure mode is used to get tons of the unlockables (including some characters), and lasts probably another 15-20 hours (can't say with accuracy, haven't finished it).

I had similar concerns; hadn't played DW ever, worried that hack n slash would be too mindless. Now that I've played, have to say the game surpassed my expectations and then some. Most of the levels have a lot going on, so you have to choose which keeps you take and which enemies to fight. Basic enemies are fodder to tear through, but the larger ones actually do fight you, block, etc. And most of the characters are just really fun to play, in general. I recommend it, anyway. It probably helps that I love all the Zelda stuff, though. There are tons of small things here and there that just make me smile, from the badge names, characters' attacks, to some of the dialogue and even cheesy bits of the plot. It's all very nice.

Dreavus

How do you uncover the second Skulltula in stages that are shown to have two? (in adventure mode usually, I think). I know for the first one it appears somewhere at 1000 KOs but what about the second? Does it say the unlock requirements somewhere or is it a hidden objective?

So the game has a very strange way to count KOs.
Just did a friendly link with a shitty weapon of 80 power to unlock its 3000 ko skill and see if it was worthwhile.
I could have ended the stage sooner but I continue killing group of mobs to ee if I could get to 3000 ko. Well I did, but the weapon said I needed still to kill like 234 more or something like that for the skill to unlock.
I clearly had passed 3000 ko already, so why didnt it unlock after the 3000 ko bt had to wait to kill 234 more grunts?

And the skill wasnt worthwhile lol
Who wants Regeneration as a skill (you regenerate but also take a LOT more damage from foes) when you dont already need to be hit to get A ranks and second skulltulas?

Oh shit , did I get just get 2 shot by
Lu Bu disguised as a Golden Mama Cuckoo ?

Game is amazing lol

You are not going to think so well of them when you encounter them in adventure mode while trying to do A ranks lol

How is playable zant?

Crazy and does shit to bigger bosses weakpoints (like really really bad in that department). But is still very fun to use.

So, one Skulluta Mission was "Complete the first mission, and kill 1200 Enemies without losing 4 Hearts".

Do I need to do the latter before I complete the first mission? Seems like it'll be tough...well, I guess the Defense Badges can reduce damage, right?

To the first thing, yes. You need to get first the easy skulltulla, and then repeat the mission with the 4 hearts 1200 ko for it to appear.

Its tricky but im doing them without the need of any defense badges. Some characters are a lot harder than others though.

This game finally got me to burst out my wii U I bought in June but never opened. Having fun so far using the off-screen play, too bad the gamepad battery is terrible. I can't even play for an hour before it starts flashing, so I had to buy an extended battery pak.

Can anyone comment on the difficulty? I played a few hours this past weekend with a buddy and playing on hard, it seemed like we were breezing through stuff.

How do you uncover the second Skulltula in stages that are shown to have two? (in adventure mode usually, I think). I know for the first one it appears somewhere at 1000 KOs but what about the second? Does it say the unlock requirements somewhere or is it a hidden objective?

Get the first skulltula
Repeat the stage, and kill 1200 enemies before them taking you 4 hearts (in total).
The second skulltula will apear where the first was.

You cant get the second skulltutla without repeating the stage. So even if you do 1200ko without the enemy taking you 4 hearts, it will only appear the first one after 1000ko.

Can anyone comment on the difficulty? I played a few hours this past weekend with a buddy and playing on hard, it seemed like we were breezing through stuff.

Hard is pretty doable. I didnt play coop, and this is my first warriors game, but started and beat legend mode in hard. Your are going to have a hard time with some commanders and officers in the last leveles, but that being challenging is part of the fun.
I dont usully like playing games the first time on hard.

You know what's annoying? When you defeat an enemy and he/she still has something to say so you have to wait for the body to disappear before getting the loot ;b Takes like 30 seconds some times. First-world Warriors problems.

Also all of ya'all asking about content and difficulty, just use thread search, both those questions have been answered many times.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I really hope some future DLC will have new stages too. Stages & characters over costumes & weapons every day, but of course one thing is easier to make than the other.

I think we already know the contents of the dlc, right? I think that two dlc should have stages too...while including the free villains, we should receive six new characters total

Just found out the game doesn't support any Classic Controller, and that the controls for Remote + Nunchuk are retarded (seriously, shaking the remote for light attack? In a Warriors game? Want people to break their wrists or something? WTH). I want to play this game in coop with my wife, so I guess I have to buy a Wii U Pro Controller. Yet another plastic piece for a Wii system in my house to add to the barely used classic controllers ¬_¬. Annoying.

ys45

You are not going to think so well of them when you encounter them in adventure mode while trying to do A ranks lol

That's exactly what happened actually (except I was not trying to get a A rank) I was on an adventure stage :p
Don't know if they appear in main story (hope not lol)

That's exactly what happened actually (except I was not trying to get a A rank) I was on an adventure stage :p
Don't know if they appear in main story (hope not lol)

They appear only if you attack a lonely cucco (I remember one in the gerudo desert all alone in the middle of nowhere) and its the only cuucco that defeating the golden one gives you a reward as weapon at the end of the stage. The oneS in adventure mode give you nothing.

SoldnerKei

so, to get this straigth, you get A Rank with:

- 1200 or more KOs
- finish stage in less than 20:00 min
- get less than 2000~3000 damage (I got 2000 something and got A anyway)

I did one of the first missions(the one you have to beat Volga) like four times until I got A because I always killed less than 1200 enemies lol

also how do you unlock the Master Sword ability? do I have to unlock the others weapons?

Kinsei

Banned

- 1200 or more KOs

I did one of the first missions(the one you have to beat Volga) like four times until I got A because I always killed less than 1200 enemies lol

also how do you unlock the Master Sword ability? do I have to unlock the others weapons?

Yep, you need to unlock every weapon to get the skill for the master sword.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Just found out the game doesn't support any Classic Controller, and that the controls for Remote + Nunchuk are retarded (seriously, shaking the remote for light attack? In a Warriors game? Want people to break their wrists or something? WTH). I want to play this game in coop with my wife, so I guess I have to buy a Wii U Pro Controller. Yet another plastic piece for a Wii system in my house to add to the barely used classic controllers ¬_¬. Annoying.

Make a Miiverse post and mention this in the Club Nintendo survey.

Honestly it's stupid how they skip over the Classic Controller support but added Wiimote and Nunchuk.

Neo Dark

Make a Miiverse post and mention this in the Club Nintendo survey.

Honestly it's stupid how they skip over the Classic Controller support but added Wiimote and Nunchuk.

It's even more disappointing on how the controls worked for the wiimote and nunchuck combo and how you can't change much for this control method.

I'm really glad they're letting us play as Cia without her mask in her normal outfit. Now the question is whether to keep the hat on or not

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet

- 1200 or more KOs

It seems to change. Like one mission I got A with only 1000 KOs. I think some of the Boss Fight Missions are more lenient with damage.

bobohoro

- 1200 or more KOs

As far as I know:

- 1200 KOs
- Less than 15:00 min
- Less than 4000 damage (10 hearts)

That is for the normal battle stages. Challenge stages (Trials, 700 in 10 min, etc.) obviously don't have the KO-limit (although you have to ace the trials, since you lose one KO per fail and need 3 for an A) but the other two limits should stay largely the same.

Finally unlocked all playable characters, now onto the last 2 weapons for Link and Lana. Already at around 30 hours played, no end in sight, DLC purchased and rescheduled my future purchase plans for consoles. Really don't need another game until Bayonetta 2. :D

- 1200 or more KOs

Its 4000 (10 hearts) and 15 minutes for normal (the majority) missions.
Some challenges change time to 10, and damage to 2000.

Top Bottom