• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Lulubop

lol I did co-op for that. We gave up since we were hitting for pennies.

This is me with a 5-star lvl 3 Spear by the way.

Really? I got it on my first try. Ganondorf was around level 43. So far Link's level 3 Gauntlets have been the hardest to get.

I don't think this was posted here, right? Some of the costumes/color variations that can be obtained in the Master Quest Adventure map dlc.
zlCfzSf4jrUPOGpDzu_zps851824e5.jpg

Oh man, put some silver bags there and thats what dreams are made of when you kill a group of 8 commanders and you see all the loot in the floor.
Also so many green potions *drools*
EDIT
Wait, theres a silver bag there. Amazing shot.

Okay, Ruto is the first character I've played as that imo is really bad. . Ruto's Y-combo starts so slow; the last few hits are alright, and then her other combos make her to easy of a target and does very little damage. The range of her special attack is bizarrely tiny.

I don't think this was posted here, right? Some of the costumes/color variations that can be obtained in the Master Quest Adventure map dlc.

They're alright. I didn't even expect to get more than two costumes. Nothing too extraordinary but it's nice to be able to mix it up.

kiryogi

Banned
So much crack:

I have the map unlocked for Impa LV3 Naginata and I'm also within grasp of Lana's portals. :D

I can't say I've had much trouble using anyone, including Agitha. If there's any complaint about Agitha tho, it's how limited her moveset is, but boy can she crowd control. Just abuse XY or XXYXXY all day with her. Although, maybe it's because I haven't had a hard challenge. But I've gotten some A ranks with her, just not for her weapons yet.

Ruto's amazing too, her ability to gather mobs and also deal good crowd control. But where she really shines is her strong attack. It can really do some damage, plus you can follow up with a tidal wave after you run out of gauge.

Kinsei

Banned

Durden77

Thanks for the bombchu tips knkng and SpacePirate Ridley. The map can get really crowded and I had no idea they worked like that, will definitely help out.

bobohoro

Okay, Ruto is the first character I've played as that imo is really bad. . Ruto's Y-combo starts so slow; the last few hits are alright, and then her other combos make her to easy of a target and does very little damage. The range of her special attack is bizarrely tiny.

Ruto takes some time getting used to but then is a beast at crowd-control. Just stay with her a little longer and try some things, she will click with you sooner or later. Her meter-dependent C1 is insane, poking officers from afar for high damage and clearing hordes of grunts with ease. Hitbox is way bigger than it appears.

I am already at some 30+ hours and the more I play the better it gets. Adventure Mode is great, way harder and chaotic than Legend and all the unlockables and stuff as well as having to play as nearly every character keeps the game fresh. Definite contender for GOTY in my case.

JoeM86

Trying to unlock the Lv. 3 Gauntlets. Can do it in time with KOs, but lose too much help. Doesn't help that you happen to start in a corner with 15 ghosts. I get 500 KOs before I've even taken my first keep, but whenever a combo is to end, I'm always hit by an onslaught of magic...

Think I need to level Link up a bit more.

Also hit a wall. Need to level up other characters so have to grind for rupees... sucks. Ah well.

Kiro

How many levels are there in legend mode? I'm on the third Ganondorf level. I just wanna beat it so I can start doing it again and get the rest of the skulltulas. Then move on to adventure mode.

Or do you all recommend adventure mode after my first Legend mode playthrough?

Mesoian

How many levels are there in legend mode? I'm on the third Ganondorf level. I just wanna beat it so I can start doing it again and get the rest of the skulltulas. Then move on to adventure mode.

Or do you all recommend adventure mode after my first Legend mode playthrough?

You're almost done. I think you have 2 more. And there are plenty of skulleta's to get in adventure mode.

Nope, Ruto is one of the best.
YYYYYY For boss weapoints.
YYYYYX Tidal wave to replenish special gauge and destroy groups of anything when surrounded
Special water attack to destroy everything from a far, do not use if you have someone behind.
She just smokes challenges against multiple enemies. You can do them in 5 minutes isntead of 8-9 with her.

The only bad character as moveset goes is agitha, and even she has a trick with spamming the XXY-B

It surprises me seeing so many people thinking Ruto and Midna are bad characters, when just leveling up a little and covering the essentials of their skill trees make them two of the best characters of the game.

StAidan

This morning, while replaying the Eldin Caves mission, I discovered that the Y(n)X combos can be continued with some kind of "finishing" move or combo for even more devastation. My mind has been blown yet again.

I have yet to try Sheik at all, it sounds like she has a cool unique moveset based on a lot of comments in this thread. Guess I'll start reserving some rupees to get her up to par with the rest of my team.

fred

Going by the amount of posts on this thread I reckon the game must be selling pretty well. Hope so cos I want a sequel, either that or a Metroid Warriors.

Or both!!!

Omfg...Metroid Warriors would be absolutely amazing!!!!!

bumpkin

The first mission on Death Mountain where you first meet/fight Daruna is driving me crazy! I beat him the first time before he goes and retreats, and then I just keep losing over and over no matter what I do. I go after the Bombchus and the Allies base falls. I go after what I think are the boulder keeps and the Allies base falls. I go after one and then the other, the Allies base falls. What the hell am I supposed to be doing on this level?! :(

emb

This morning, while replaying the Eldin Caves mission, I discovered that the Y(n)X combos can be continued with some kind of "finishing" move or combo for even more devastation. My mind has been blown yet again.

I have yet to try Sheik at all, it sounds like she has a cool unique moveset based on a lot of comments in this thread. Guess I'll start reserving some rupees to get her up to par with the rest of my team.
She's one of my favorites. Most of her moves feel really quick!

Kiro

The first mission on Death Mountain where you first meet/fight Daruna is driving me crazy! I beat him the first time before he goes and retreats, and then I just keep losing over and over no matter what I do. I go after the Bombchus and the Allies base falls. I go after what I think are the boulder keeps and the Allies base falls. I go after one and then the other, the Allies base falls. What the hell am I supposed to be doing on this level?! :(

My friend and I co-oped that on hard mode. And we did like 5 restarts from the same point, we tried both taking a boulder keep, both taking bombchus, one defending base one taking keeps etc. In the end we had discovered the most optimal path was for us both to rush down the boulder keeps and make sure they dont get taken again, and go for bombchus when they come. Darunia doesn't really get offensive in that map. So take keeps slowly and don't lose the boulder keeps. Fill the map with blue before engaging darunia

So if I'm continually failing on the A-rank challenges of adventure mode, what's the best way to grind up?

Go around collecting hard mode skulltullas in legend mode, or find a faq/spreadsheet somewhere of how to grind materials for the tech trees?

There are two bases you need to note. They are throwing rocks to your main base, so after the bombchus those two bases are your first things to take care off, even if Darunia comes out to play.
This stage is basically a tutorial forcing you to learn how to prioritize missions for the harder stages that will come.

StAidan

I had a tough time with that one for a while. Eventually I was able to achieve victory by prioritizing control of the Boulder Keeps, intercepting Darunia before he makes it to the Allied Base (the base's health starts dropping slowly over time if you wait to fight him until he's in the base), and starting my assault on the Bombchu Operators the instant they appear (shortly *before* the objective actually pops up). I actually didn't make it to one of the Operators before he detonated his Bombchu in my base, and it survived that one explosion.

Finally got my brother to start playing this with me since I bought a Pro controller for it (albeit a knockoff which works just as well). I think he's actually enjoying it - plus he's using Darunia, who I haven't used much. Win/win! Completed a couple of the stages I had trouble with but still finding out how co op works.

I think if you have one of the Adventure challenges where a certain amount of enemies must be killed in a certain time it goes off your combined KO count. I tried to do Ghirahim's one with the Heart Container for an A rank which I've been stuck on for ages and thought I'd get my brother to distract the Gohmas while I fleeted around but it didn't spawn enough enemies ij time so I think you both need to pull your own weight. Not sure how the damage taken is between 2 or just player 1.

Also, the DLC skins are cool. Do we have any photos of any more or are these the only ones? I also can't think who the new characters will be in the packs.

I would say Skull Kid is likely for the MM pack since people love him. Maybe someone unorthodox like the Mask Salesman and he can switch between wearing different mask movesets. What about someone like Mikau using his guitar with water magic and attacking similarly to Motochika from SW? For the TP pack I can't imagine who we would see. Possibly true Midna?

I also can't think who the new characters will be in the packs.

I would say Skull Kid is likely for the MM pack since people love him. Maybe someone unorthodox like the Mask Salesman and he can switch between wearing different mask movesets. What about someone like Mikau using his guitar with water magic and attacking similarly to Motochika from SW? For the TP pack I can't imagine who we would see. Possibly true Midna?

See page 11 & 12 of this thread. Also again I really hope "true Midna" isn't the character of the TP pack, that would be really boring.

NeonZ

I'd really like to see the Hero's Shade, but I fear he wouldn't be very interesting gameplay-wise. Maybe it could be a costume with its own portrait, like the new Cia and Lana costumes... Either way, I hope true form Midna is the new weapon of the TP pack, not the new character.

Also, the DLC skins are cool. Do we have any photos of any more or are these the only ones?

As far as this one goes, this adventure map indicates that there are at least 14 skins (the player here might already have gotten one or two though), not counting the Cia/Lana pre-split ones, which are separate from the Adventure mode.

Either way, there are still more skins we haven't seen in the first pack itself, and there will be more in future ones (the already announced 2 from TP pack and 3 from MM pack, and likely more variations in the future Adventure maps too).

emb

It's 2 MM and 1 TP, right?

My guesses would be Skull Kid, Fierce Diety Link, and... idk. Ashei, Rusl, or Malo? Memory is fuzzy.

NeonZ

As far as the second MM character goes, what about Majora's Mask young Link using the transformation masks for attacks? There won't be story chapters in the TP and MM packs, only Adventure maps (and in Japan they seem to all be sold separately), so they wouldn't need to worry about making the story work.

On the other hand, so far all other Links have just been costumes for the main Link here...

Just did the first level on hero difficulty with level 35 Link and master sword just to try it out. Enemies almost killed me in three hits; Volga would have in two hits. Thankfully the enemies speed don't change so I could dodge them easily. King Dodongo took what felt like forever to kill but at least he's really easy. Got almost nothing for it, except a five star weapon for Sheik with 225 damage, which is pretty nice.

I'd really like to see the Hero's Shade, but I fear he wouldn't be very interesting gameplay-wise. Maybe it could be a costume with its own portrait, like the new Cia and Lana costumes... Either way, I hope true form Midna is the new weapon of the TP pack, not the new character.

True form Midna has an entirely different model from Midna; if it's in it's most definitely a new character. Also I've never actually thought of Hero's Shade (or the Hero of Time if you will). He's kind of just Link though.

It's 2 MM and 1 TP, right?

My guesses would be Skull Kid, Fierce Diety Link, and... idk. Ashei, Rusl, or Malo? Memory is fuzzy.

You-know-who already has most of Skull Kid's moveset. Tingle is a granted I think. Then there's indeed Fierce Deity Link, Happy Mask Salesman, the Zora with the guitar and also the UFO's. MM has many interesting characters, so there's no way they can screw that one up. I hope.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Sadly, I could see them being lazy and doing Hero Shade...and basically works like Link Sword, but with a few more of the techniques from Skyward Sword (and maybe summoning the Golden Wolf).

emb

You-know-who already has most of Skull Kid's moveset. Tingle is a granted I think. Then there's indeed Fierce Deity Link, Happy Mask Salesman, the Zora with the guitar and also the UFO's. MM has many interesting characters, so there's no way they can screw that one up. I hope.
Forgot about Tingle; yeah, he's probably a lock.

Nemesis_

Wait the downloadable content is out and people are playing it?

Anyway I'm definitely warming up to Ruto now, she devastates with crowd control. I'm very not even tried Agitha properly yet, I've scared she'll be shit since I only uses her once and her move set was very underwhelming.

I've spent a lot of time trying to get the Great Fairy for Link too, but I can't get Gold rank on the square before it - fucking damage let's me down every time.

bobohoro

You can even do Hookshot combos, great for closing distances on enemies and getting to their weakpoint gauge. Just hook on a bit before it pops and you can get in and get a launching move off. Some characters even have two different moves closing in. There are some really interesting techniques hidden in the game, and many character quirks need time to uncover. Had a hard time at first with Zant because he dizzied so often, but after seeing that you can control his unique meter and the length of his charge moves he became way more playable.

Sheik is pretty special too. C2-5 trigger an element after which you can use C1 to play a melody for elemental effects. Water barrier is especially nice for getting A-Ranks.

So if I'm continually failing on the A-rank challenges of adventure mode, what's the best way to grind up?

Go around collecting hard mode skulltullas in legend mode, or find a faq/spreadsheet somewhere of how to grind materials for the tech trees?

I'd say to go for the next rank of weapons first if you can. Makes a hell of a difference at times. If that doesn't help spend some Rubees, don't really need much of those in stock for anything (upgrades and smithing are relatively cheap) so go all out. Grinding for materials can be frustrating and time consuming, so leave that for last, but yeah, some of those badges make a big difference.

Overall the feel of progression with each character is pretty significant. While my moderately badged out Ruto tears through everything, Zelda is missing some intermediate badges and therefore struggles a bit with officers that guard a lot or big enemies with large weakpoint gauges. Weapon ranks and levels too are important, higher ranks give a big immediate boost to strength and 10 or so levels as well.

Only wished that there would be some more character unique badges to differentiate them even more. Elemental boosting ones alone would do a lot, some expanding on the unique traits and gauges as well. Some additional musou attacks like in Pirate Warriors or Ken's Rage could have been nice too, but well, there can always be more, right?

NeonZ

True form Midna has an entirely different model from Midna; if it's in it's most definitely a new character.

Well, the Great Fairy counts as part of Link just due to Link in the bottle and some attacks. As long as Midna still appeared in imp form for some animations it could count as a Midna weapon.

Tingle is a granted I think.

I really don't think Tingle is even in the running. He got basically phased out of the Zelda series due to the west, and this game was part of Koei's attempt to appealing to the west.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
You know, I love how much animation every character (in this case actually each weapon) has...

- walking pose
- running pose
- idle pose
- normal attack string
- combo attack string
- strong attack
- defend
- dodge roll
- magic activation
- automatic magic finisher
- manual magic finisher
- weak-point finisher
- boss weak-point finisher
- using an item (I think different for each?)
- hookshot combo (they seem to have a unique attack when they hook-shot a foe and charge them)
- treasure chest opening
- win pose

Just really, really brings the game together.

WatTsu

So I'm thinking about dropping Destiny while I can still get $40 back for it (I like the game, I just don't think it's designed for me or my schedule and I certainly don't have the patience to keep grinding faction rep to get better equipment) and I'm considering putting it towards Hyrule Warriors instead.

Here's my dilemma - I only kind of like Zelda (I dig all the old ones and Link Between Worlds but don't particularly care for 3D Zelda save for some of Wind Waker) but I think Dynasty Warriors is kinda fun. Is this a game I'll like? It certainly seems fun.

Edit: I know this isn't a traditional Zelda game, obviously - I'm just curious how much of it relies on Zelda fanservice.

Bytes

So I'm thinking about dropping Destiny while I can still get $40 back for it (I like the game, I just don't think it's designed for me or my schedule and I certainly don't have the patience to keep grinding faction rep to get better equipment) and I'm considering putting it towards Hyrule Warriors instead.

Here's my dilemma - I only kind of like Zelda (I dig all the old ones and Link Between Worlds but don't particularly care for 3D Zelda save for some of Wind Waker) but I think Dynasty Warriors is kinda fun. Is this a game I'll like? It certainly seems fun.

Edit: I know this isn't a traditional Zelda game, obviously - I'm just curious how much of it relies on Zelda fanservice.

There's quite a lot of 3D Zelda fanservice in this game; far more than for the 2D games. If you didn't like the 3D games you may not enjoy that aspect. It's a really fun game but I think the whole thing is one giant fanservice, really.

Jawmuncher

Even with the on disc DLC shenanigans.
It's crazy just how much content is already there. Beating legend mode is barely scratching the surface. While I have a lot to play I see myself coming back to this regularly.

Trust me, you're not the only guy with this question. Get this question every two pages. Yes, you'll have a great time, just buy the damn game and enjoy it.

Kinsei

Banned
I hated Ganondorf's design when he was first revealed, but it's really starting to grow on me.

There is a ton of Zelda fanservice, however the gameplay holds up on its own. I know I wouldn't still be playing it if the gameplay wasn't as good as it is.

Jawmuncher

Is there a list of how many missions in Legend Mode.
I'm currently about to play as
Ganondorf
I know I am close to the end but how close?

darkmagus

I Finally properly played adventure mode, it is so addictive, i unlocked the Gauntlets(OMG they are so Awesome) and the Nanigata (Impa is such a BOSS in this game). got a network link, but i still don't quite understand how to trigger them.

I am really having fun with this game, btw Darunia's outro is the best thing ever!

parski

I really hope this is a joke, but in the internet, you never know.
I'm dead serious. This abomination can be forgotten along with the CD-I games. Just as boring as the Dynasty Warrior games and on top of that it spits the Zelda franchise in the face. I like the cover art, some of the 3D models that are faithful in concept to their originals and the music but the rest is meh at best. Shelved/10.

Top Bottom