• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Another DLC costume, this time for Darunia...

ZfVEb0V.jpg

Take a look at his stomach. 0.o
Now do you understand it?

Okay I admit, Sheik's light-ability is also really good too. She also has one of the absolute best special attacks in the game, so it's especially nice that you can fill it up so quickly. Such a powerhouse character over-all. She truly has attacks for every scenario, and the water shield is also really nice.

Kinsei

Banned
Hey, first reference to a handheld game!

Hilda from A Link Between Worlds.

Technically the second. One of Link's Gauntlets weapons is from Link's Awakening.

I hope this means there are more handheld references to come in the other DLC packs.

SoldnerKei

Yeah, that's pretty awesome. Darmani is the best goron.

This costume is also pretty great.

zlCfzSf6q9sOhjwkb5

looks pretty cool

if only this armor had a TP color scheme, it would be perfect, but for that I have her TP skin, but the armor is so pretty :c

well, Hilda will be a good pick from time to time

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Third. Because I'm pretty sure the Gauntlets also reference the Magnet Gloves from Oracle (hence why it's an Electric Weapon), as one attack has you repel the ball iirc.

Kinsei

Banned
We have Zora and Goron covered + their alternate MM costumes. Betting one of the MM DLC characters will be Deku Butler.

What would his weapons be? Agitha has parasol covered. If he is one of the MM characters, maybe they'll just call them umbrellas instead.

Kinsei

Banned
Am I the only one hoping the TP new character is true form Midna? What other possibilities would there be?

True form Midna could be a new weapon instead of the TP character. Yeto or Yeta are my first choice if True Midna is a weapon.

Anbec7

Where are you getting all this costume pics? are they part of the DLC?
So sad that my game gets here on Friday ):
Any tips?
Also when are the bad guys going to be playable over here?

Am I the only one hoping the TP new character is true form Midna? What other possibilities would there be?

I just don't understand why you people want true Midna. What does she even do? Imp Midna is way cooler in every regard imo.

Any tips?

October 16th. It's in the OP.

TrueBlue

I'm dead serious. This abomination can be forgotten along with the CD-I games. Just as boring as the Dynasty Warrior games and on top of that it spits the Zelda franchise in the face. I like the cover art, some of the 3D models that are faithful in concept to their originals and the music but the rest is meh at best. Shelved/10.

lol

Though if you're serious, considering the Gorons to be your "brethren" probably means you take the franchise too seriously anyway.

Exile20

Any tips?

Ordered from Kmart, still have not been shipped. this sucks.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I just don't understand why you people want true Midna. What does she even do? Imp Midna is way cooler in every regard imo.

I don't understand why people think True Midna would take up a character slot when it can be a new weapon for Midna instead and getting another character to rep TP.

I expect something with Midna to use the Twilight Mirror though.

Mohonky

Do all chatacters have elemental charge abilities? I see people talking about characters light abilities etc but the only character I have seen with anything close to what people are talking about is Ganondorf with that purple meter that builds up and when full his swords glow.

Do other chatacters have a similar ability and why havent I seen it? I habe finished the Legends Mode this evening and I had figured maybe its something that comes along later in the game or something but nope, Ganon was the only character I saw with this?

Beat Legends Mode! Now to go clean up those Heart Containers/Pieces I missed, and those last couple Skulltullas. I'll save the 2nd Skulltullas/Hero Mode for much later. I want to dive into Adventure Mode!

Also, do you get anything for clearing every story mode scenario on a certain difficulty? I started out on Normal and didn't switch to Hard for a few maps. There are check marks for each difficulty on the scenarios, so I was thinking that it did something.

Yeta is what I'm thinking. King Bulbin with his huge axe thing would also be a possibility.

Rusl, Ashei or maybe Oocoo are the only other ones I could think of.

Jackano

Thanks for the guy who helped me. Very likely a gaffer!
I did help a bunch of you but finally got that extra XP bonus. Don't know how it works, though.

Exile20

Just got off the chat with Kmart, apparently the game is sold out for them at their warehouse. Will be back in stock in 3-5 days. I am so pissed.

I ordered
Splatoon
Hyrule warriors
Smash U
yoshi wooly world
Bayonetta 2
Toad treasure tracker

I am not impressed and expect delays with those orders too. Glad the game is selling well tho.

The nearest play that sells the game instore for me is over an hour away.

Do all chatacters have elemental charge abilities? I see people talking about characters light abilities etc but the only character I have seen with anything close to what people are talking about is Ganondorf with that purple meter that builds up and when full his swords glow.

Do other chatacters have a similar ability and why havent I seen it? I habe finished the Legends Mode this evening and I had figured maybe its something that comes along later in the game or something but nope, Ganon was the only character I saw with this?

All character uses some element. Characters like Ganondorf, Fi, Midna and Ruto have a little meter that they can charge up, Zelda has her combo-system and Sheik can change her X-attack with different elements.

Beat Legends Mode! Now to go clean up those Heart Containers/Pieces I missed, and those last couple Skulltullas. I'll save the 2nd Skulltullas/Hero Mode for much later. I want to dive into Adventure Mode!

There are a LOT of heart containers and pieces in adventure mode too; as well as skulltulas. If you want to get containers fast, might as well dive into adventure mode now.

So I have Zelda at level 53, and her essentiall skills already unlocked.
She is still crap, im sorry, her desing is amazing, how she is animated is amazing, but her moves are total crap.
Her damage with the stilleto in normal combos is really bad, and her two worth combos (the rain of arrows and the triforce) are always missing in some aspect. The rain of arrows is very hard to nail because she throws it like 10 metres away from her, usually where theres no soul in sight, so you have to usually use it so the attack goes front and the arrows hit back, but still you have already ko people when entering a group so yeah.
The triforce thing is seems like an amazing move, but its not that good, it looks like it does a ton of damage. It doesnt, I have studied how enemies are hit and sometimes even grunts get alive from the impact.
And then there the shitty "I have to power my sword so at least I can do a combo." Its funny that you always go out of it when you most need it.
Her two best attack are the commander killing move that throws 3golden arrows and kill everything on sight and the A special But of course those are not her normal combos.

What about the windwaker? Visually impressive but another major crap. Yeah the tornado thing is interesting in theory, too bad most of the time it doesnt work. Sometimes I hit them first with a combo and the purple thing appears, other times no. Other times I throw the tornado and suddenly there are some purple things, other times no. I read that the purple thing supposedly appears when the enemy is laying down or something like that. Still really hard to do so why bother.

Im here trying to win the stage to get the 2nd level wind waker. 5 times Ive failed, trying to use both weapons. I dont know if her defense is horrible or something but Im pretty good until defending until some shit touches me and bam, there goes 4 hearts. The last time I was with all the hearts and some random attack of Grahim took me like 8 hearts or something. Fuck that.

I'm dead serious. This abomination can be forgotten along with the CD-I games. Just as boring as the Dynasty Warrior games and on top of that it spits the Zelda franchise in the face. I like the cover art, some of the 3D models that are faithful in concept to their originals and the music but the rest is meh at best. Shelved/10.

Ok...

emb

Im here trying to win the stage to get the 2nd level wind waker. 5 times Ive failed, trying to use both weapons. I dont know if her defense is horrible or something but Im pretty good until defending until some shit touches me and bam, there goes 4 hearts. The last time I was with all the hearts and some random attack of Grahim took me like 8 hearts or something. Fuck that.
I tried that mission a few times, seem ridiculous. My Zelda isn't as high level, but that particular level feels completely hopeless.

I tried that mission a few times, seem ridiculous. My Zelda isn't as high level, but that particular level feels completely hopeless.

The problem is, that is not that difficult. I get A time and A KOs. The problem is that Zelda is really bad.
Im pretty sure im even overleveled for that stage, and any other character (apart from Agitha) could smoke thats stage in 5 minutes.

Really enjoyed this game but not as much as this guy.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GhnVQiIPBQk
Ok wtf was that lol

I'm not that high level yet but both of Zelda's weapons have been great so far! Also if you're dying (not losing for some other reason, but literally running out of hearts), you need to play more defensively and dodge.

fred

Was really struggling to beat any of the first 3 scenarios that the game splits into but was trying with all characters at level 17 or 18 lol. Kept on getting my arse kicked. A few trips to the Training Dojo and I've just beaten the first one on my second try. I'm a much happier bunny now lololol

TheMoon

Even the frame rate... unless I'm playing coop, I can barely notice problems with the frame rate, because the action is so fun and intense. I'm almost at the end of Legend Mode and the frame rate was never a problem for me.

I'm having no issues either. Unless I'm doing a particularly epic combo on an extra large group of guys with other things happening around which to me just makes it MORE epic because of the oldschool slowdown lol ...this isn't "omg unplayable slowdown" this is the "WHOA SO MUCH HAPPENING EVERYTHING IS DYING!" kind of slowdown :D

I found the secret on one of the adventure map levels but there appears to be nothing there, the square is one up and one to the left of where you start, so err was there meant to be something there?

also my Wii U ID is ShogunDarius

I'm not that high level yet but both of Zelda's weapons have been great so far! Also if you're dying (not losing for some other reason, but literally running out of hearts), you need to play more defensively and dodge.

Thats how I play (well it depends of the character). Like i said I get not harmed for the majority of the level, until some random shit hits me, and bam, there goes all her hearts.
She has some serious defense issues.
Her attacks being bad for defense dont help either.

I thought she was good when I got Zelda for the first time also, low level and enemies doing absolutely nothing make her shine.
Now with multiple enemies at the same time that try to attack you from all sides, even with her at high level, she is not that good.

kiryogi

Banned
Thats how I play (well it depends of the character). Like i said I get not harmed for the majority of the level, until some random shit hits me, and bam, there goes all her hearts.
She has some serious defense issues.
Her attacks being bad for defense dont help either.

I thought she was good when I got Zelda for the first time also, low level and enemies doing absolutely nothing make her shine.
Now with multiple enemies at the same time that try to attack you from all sides, even with her at high level, she is not that good.

I haven't figured out her Wind Waker yet but I've barely touched that, but her Rapier combined with light charges can really do some effective crowd control and devastate all the same. I think one of the most impressive things in HW vs other musou is that all the characters have some really good CC options. But yeah the key to Zelda is her light arrows in her charge strings.

TheMoon

Even with the on disc DLC shenanigans.
It's crazy just how much content is already there. Beating legend mode is barely scratching the surface. While I have a lot to play I see myself coming back to this regularly.

But ...there are no on-disc DLC shenanigans.

Top Bottom