• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm having a blast with this so far. Have very little experience with DW, but I am a Zelda nut so I knew it would appeal to me to a certain degree, but I really like the structure the missions have had. I'm still not very far, my most recent one being Death Mountain, but I was all over that map to try and stop boulder strikes, Darunia charging towards the base, all the bombchus, etc. and it was a hell of a lot of fun and I actually failed for the first time.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think the reason Nintendo gave me free Ganondorf outfits is they suck and no one would actually buy them. The default Ganondorf is super bad ass.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Finished Legend mode earlier today and have been making my way through Adventure mode. Really enjoying it.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
It's just the monotony of it all. Hit toes. Bring bar to half. Hit toes. Do super. Hit toes. Bring bar to half. And so on.

When you're monotonous in a game built-around monotony something's wrong, lol.

So fun with Fi.
Its freaking terrible.

Dizzy-4U

I added everyone from the last 5 pages. I now have more contacts than all my other consoles combined haha.

If anyone wants to add me: Dizzy4U

Kyzon

It's just the monotony of it all. Hit toes. Bring bar to half. Hit toes. Do super. Hit toes. Bring bar to half. And so on.

When you're monotonous in a game built-around monotony something's wrong, lol.

Only attack him with the groosenator. Cap keeps before he reaches em. makes it less frustrating.

Sayter

I added everyone from the last 5 pages. I now have more contacts than all my other consoles combined haha.

If anyone wants to add me: Dizzy4U

I'm curious of the purpose of adding people to your friends list who are playing this game. There's no online coop. Please esplain.

knkng

God damn that mission where you have to kill a big and two small Imprisoned with Fi. God damn it to hell.
At least you can come up with a strategy to beat that one. I first kill the small ones, and then use normal attacks on the toes until it starts radiating the red electricity when it walks (usually when at half health). Then I just use 4 special attacks (2 saved up and 2 more from green potions) to eliminate all the toes each time it stands back up. With a bit of practice you can get it.

Now the Twilight Princess quiz, that's some serious bullshit. In the third battle you have to kill Midna, and Zelda just sticks to her like glue. Every time I go in to hit Midna, Zelda is right there swatting my ass with her sword. Having a lot of trouble getting A ranking on that one.

Quoting myself to see if I can get some help...
Regarding the bombchu's, they don't usually have an operator. Just keep hitting them until they explode.

zulux21

so I finally got my copy and got to play this and it's pretty much what I figured it would be, and thus a lot of fun... best buy didn't send me my preorder dlc though so hopefully their CS will come through for me :(

kiryogi

Banned
I'm curious of the purpose of adding people to your friends list who are playing this game. There's no online coop. Please esplain.

Say it earlier, but if you get a online assist link from a friend, the rewards from it will be greater. IE every single time I've assisted Q, I've gotten some AMAZING 5 star drops.

Seik

Banned
Things went well tonight, had tons of fun with a friend once again.

We mostly learned to wait at the generals specific attacks to attack when they're weak afterwards. Yesterday we were just ramming through everything and tried to dodge shit the best we can.

Went to the bazaar too and upgraded everybody. Once again, I'm having way more fun with this game than I thought I would. Chances of me wanting to 100% it are getting higher. :D

Effect

Finally on my way to get the Master Sword. Game has a been a blast so far. Sometimes frustrating and challenging trying to keep track of everything that is happening but fun. If anything this game will force you to learn how to keep track of multiple things (dialogue, map, combat, allies) if you don't already know how to. Or in my case much needed practice as I haven't had to do this in a game for a long time now.

I figured the thing with Cia would be what it was. Actually it was the
backstory told about her that tipped me off. You can see something fly off/out of Cia when her backstory is being told.
It was nice to see it play out all the same though. I did like that they did go to the logicial conclusion with this, up to this point anyway, by
showing that Lana as well had feelings for Link and seemed jealous/upset that Zelda was now back but she tried to keep those feelings in check. If they're put back together or Lana lives I do hope that has a somewhat positive ending. I'm a sucker for stuff like this.

I only stopped tonight, even though it's late, because my gamepad's battery was pretty much dead. Red light was flashing. It lasted pretty well as I did all the second half for the OoT, TP, and SS sections with a few adventure map missions inbetwen Had to do Lake Hylia twice though because I lost track of Impa and she ended up retreating and didn't notice
summoners
were actually on the field.

Currently sitting at a total of over 16 hours played. Which is crazy when I think about it. I don't know where that time went. It certainly doesn't seem like I played that long but the activity counter is pretty accurate. I would take away maybe close to an hour as I did let it sit once while I did other things around the house. Figure I might be on the low end but plan to get a lot more time in this week. How much time has everyone else clocked so far?

Kinsei

Banned
We mostly learned to wait at the generals specific attacks to attack when they're weak afterwards. Yesterday we were just ramming through everything and tried to dodge shit the best we can.

You shouldn't do that for every general. I know you can force Aeralfos, Fiery Aeralfos, Moblins, Shield Moblins, and Volga to use attacks that make them weak by doing combos.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Yeah, Adventure Mode suddenly takes a huge leap forward once you leave the initial area...I guess though grinding will help.

Also, how the fuck do you use Ruto? She's just weird and all of her attacks leave her open.

Nemesis_

I'm really sorry if this has been asked but there have been some occasions where I will be playing a mission on Adventure Mode and then the game insists that my Allied Keep is in danger of falling.

I head there and there's literally nobody there, but the game keeps telling me that it's in danger until it eventually falls and I fail the mission.

Am I missing something, or is the "difficulty" in these missions the fact that I'm essentially timed too?

Now the Twilight Princess quiz, that's some serious bullshit. In the third battle you have to kill Midna, and Zelda just sticks to her like glue. Every time I go in to hit Midna, Zelda is right there swatting my ass with her sword. Having a lot of trouble getting A ranking on that one.

Regarding the bombchu's, they don't usually have an operator. Just keep hitting them until they explode.

Just use the Boomerang to stun one of them and lure the other away. By the time they wake up, you should already have done enough damage so that any area of effect attacks will take out your desired target first

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Watch Da Birdie: Ruto's C3 Moves her forward well, and makes her duck underground, so that's a good one to use to help manage the groups. One of the most effective things for me is to C2 (Uppercut combo), then C4 (The Water Orb combo). The uppercut'd enemies will fall right into the orb, and anything around you will get sucked in.

C5 also does a great job at getting her moving, and pulls everything she touches in for dependable damage. Her normal Y button combo also does great damage to giant bosses.

Using full C6 (The Tsunami) or her X button projectile moves from afar is a great way to thin a herd BEFORE you reach it. But it roots her for a long time. (Push the Jump button to cancel the stance swiftly).

I'm really sorry if this has been asked but there have been some occasions where I will be playing a mission on Adventure Mode and then the game insists that my Allied Keep is in danger of falling.

Manhandla sprouts are bombing the base with seed attacks. Find the Sprouts and kill them, and the base will be fine afterwards. If you can't find them on your own, just look up their position on the pause screen, by finding the message that state they've started a seed attack.

I like Legend Mode because it adds an overall story but I just now realize what I miss are the individual character stories that the Samurai Warriors titles have. It's a shame a majority of the characters are restricted to only Free or Adventure mode.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I head there and there's literally nobody there, but the game keeps telling me that it's in danger until it eventually falls and I fail the mission.

It's probably not being attacked by an enemy at the moment, rather there is probably a hoard of foes heading towards it or, in some missions, and Bombchu.

Check the map for big red dots heading towards it, or check past Battle Statuses to see if it warned you of something apporaching the Base.

Looks like you only get damage against the post captains and bosses. The grunts don't really damage you, but only there for those crazy combos and multiple KOs.

This is musou in a nutshell?

WarAdept

Looks like you only get damage against the post captains and bosses. The grunts don't really damage you, but only there for those crazy combos and multiple KOs.

This is musou in a nutshell?

Playing on Hard mode will see the enemies occasionally attack here and there throughout Legend mode.

It's in Adventure mode when it becomes a bit more apparent. The "all attacks are deadly" and one stray arrow from a mob, say goodbye to your A rank.

My best friend got this game yesterday and we were both somewhat worried since we are not fans of MOST mosou games. We were pleasantly surprised, it helps that the WHOLE game is co-op! I think my best character to use is Fi at the moment! So much fun to use and do comboes with.

We switch between Legends and Adventure mode back and forth, while we try to unlock characters it helps us to grind for the Legends mode too. We just unlocked Ruto (took a long while....but worth it!).

I am a bit confused with the DLC. Were gonna have a DLC bundle option?

Also, I read on the wiki that you can get Ganondorf costume set even if you dint pre order the game? Tis true? :eek:

Durden77

So I've put a shit ton of time into this game. Probably more than 30-40 hours already. Still loving it, but I've hit a bit of a wall. My highest leveled guy is Link at 47, and it just seems like I'm stuck at a point in the game where I just can do nothing but grind. The adventure challenges are getting hard as fuck, especially for S rank, and Hero mode is also just too daunting on certain levels. Also I'm nearly broke on rupees from leveling up characters evenly, and seemingly am low on materials because I haven't made a badge in a while.

So....yeah. I'm digging it, but it's just grind grind grind right now for me. Any tips on getting leveled up quicker? I don't really wanna play too much hard mode on legend mode because I'm waiting on a friend to do that. That'll help level up some more characters too.

Durden77

I am a bit confused with the DLC. Were gonna have a DLC bundle option?

Also, I read on the wiki that you can get Ganondorf costume set even if you dint pre order the game? Tis true? :eek:

As long as you have Club Nintendo just register your game code and you get that pack. And yes you can buy the 4 DLC packs bundled together for 20 bucks.

Ack, meant to edit my first post, sorry for the double.

As long as you have Club Nintendo just register your game code and you get that pack. And yes you can buy the 4 DLC packs bundled together for 20 bucks.

Ack, meant to edit my first post, sorry for the double.

Almost dint recognize you cause of the avatar lol.

Thanks for the quick reply! Bro is gonna be happy to have a free costume set!

knkng

Just use the Boomerang to stun one of them and lure the other away. By the time they wake up, you should already have done enough damage so that any area of effect attacks will take out your desired target first
Oh man, I hadn't even considered that before. It's so obvious now that you've said it, lol. Thank you.

When like 3 of em get sent at one time in adventure mode, I just get screwed. Feel like I always only have time for one. Guess I'll try to save my super next time.
All 3 appear on the map, but they only get sent out one at a time. When the first one arrives at an allied keep, the timer will begin at 1:00 minute. The second one won't begin the detonation until the first timer reaches 0:00 (or after you destroy the bombchu). This is how it has been in every level so far, and I'm at least 75% done the map, so I imagine it's the same in every level. Just keep your eyes peeled for the moving bombchus, and if the timer has already started just look for the one sitting in an allied keep.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Yes, three new playable villans, one character from TP and two from MM. However, we've heard nothing of new stages. No stages have been confirmed at this point.

You are right, but they did anticipated the scenario for the Master quest DLC, so I think that we'll get only this one.
Actual contents:

Hyrule Warriors Characters (Free, September 30) – Three new playable characters (Cia, Volga, Wizzro)
Master Quest Pack (October 16) – New weapon, scenario, adventure map, and two costumes
Twilight Princess Pack (November) – New character, weapon, adventure map, and two costumes
Majora’s Mask Pack (January) – Two new characters, adventure map, and three costumes
Boss Pack (February) – Two new games modes

Preorder Bonus: Dark Link

Portalbox

I hate this game, it's almost 4 AM here and I'm finally going to sleep. It's too addictive, I can't help it.
I'm gonna regret this tomorrow morning

You are right, but they did anticipated the scenario for the Master quest DLC, so I think that we'll get only this one.
Actual contents:

Hyrule Warriors Characters (Free, September 30) – Three new playable characters (Cia, Volga, Wizzro)
Master Quest Pack (October 16) – New weapon, scenario, adventure map, and two costumes
Twilight Princess Pack (November) – New character, weapon, adventure map, and two costumes
Majora’s Mask Pack (January) – Two new characters, adventure map, and three costumes
Boss Pack (February) – Two new games modes

Preorder Bonus: Dark Link

I don't know what you're talking about, but I already know all that, I wrote it into the OP ages ago. If you think scenario = new levels then nope, it most certainly does not.

bobohoro

Got it today and I am adoring it.

Decided to play on easy since im new to these types of games!

You really want to play at least Normal, or even Hard depending on how comfortable you are with the game. Easy can get boring very fast, since grunts don't attack at all and even officers hold back a good deal more. Seeing how Legend Mode itself is the easy part of the game, until the last few missions at least, it could turn you off Hyrule Warriors even before getting to Adventure Mode where all the great fun is.

Regarding Bombchus: Don't panic. I know it is pretty hard to always see where they are going and in some cases you even miss that there are bombchus attacking, but the 1 minute counter is in my experience more than enough to get there and kill it. 3-4 Combos are enough and they don't move or block and, like already mentioned, there is only one bombchu activating at a time.

And since there are some new players around: NNID is Bobohoro, just mention GAF when adding.

When like 3 of em get sent at one time in adventure mode, I just get screwed. Feel like I always only have time for one. Guess I'll try to save my super next time.

Nope, they are sent one at a time even if they are all in the field at the same time. The first one that has arrows on the map is the one that goes first, after that you have between 45 seconds to a minute for the other to go out (some of them start before the 1 minute in the base bombchu finish its counter, usually at 30 seconds left)
If you cant kill them fast enough you are really underleveled. If thats the case the first doesnt go to the main base. Go for the second one and the third one (this is the one usually going to the main base) and let the other kill one of your bases.
Its better ti start killing them before they arrive to the base, some fast yy or yyy combos and then dodge forward and repeat are the best thing while the bombchu is moving.

NeonZ

I don't think this was posted here, right? Some of the costumes/color variations that can be obtained in the Master Quest Adventure map dlc.

zlCfzSfyK6oFv2_iEh
zlCfzSfzaP4GTXtJUH

zlCfzSfxS3YpgMMpnG
zlCfzSf4jrUPOGpDzu_zps851824e5.jpg

Golnei

I don't think this was posted here, right? Some of the costumes/color variations that can be obtained in the Master Quest Adventure map dlc.

Ghirahim and Cia look fairly good, though it's a little disappointing that there appears to be no way to get a dying Midna palette.

How much time has everyone else clocked so far?

I'm... 20 hours in? Jesus, it's been months since I clocked 20+plus on a game in a single month, and this game was released about a week ago.

You really want to play at least Normal, or even Hard depending on how comfortable you are with the game.

I second that. Never played a musou game before, started on hard and I can deal with it pretty fine. You should try at least normal mode.

Top Bottom