• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

You waited this long? Get it!

Though I can't imagine playing much of it after Smash comes out. For about a week anyway. Then I'll probably get back into this.
I barely touch this after I got my Smash copy, and my Bayonetta 1/2 are still sitting there, and there's MH4G next week, and ORAS next month, oh god.

Mesoian

I think I fucked up.

All weapons and characters that I haven't unlocked in adventure mode are stuck behind compass blocks.

I need to grind like, 7 compasses.

Effect

Ganondorf being Level 1 makes his first level so amazing, since you level up so much and steadily get stronger.

Actually, it isn't.

I thought that at first, but it's actually to the hallway to the left of the locked door on the map.

Seriously!? Guess I'll have to recheck the area tomorrow. Thanks.

upandaway

So far the only weapon I don't really like is the deku stick. This game is so good.

I hope for DLC they'll bring in one of the weapons from Minish Cap. It has a lot of unique weapons.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So far the only weapon I don't really like is the deku stick. This game is so good.

I hope for DLC they'll bring in one of the weapons from Minish Cap. It has a lot of unique weapons.

Well, the Gust Jar and Mole Mitts inspired the Gust Bellows and Mogma Mitts, which are in as part of the Fire Rod and Gauntlet Moveset.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Does it matter what order you get the skulltula for unlocking the photos? I though they just gave me pictures to look at so ignored them, now I'm seeing they give a lot of stuff.

Dreavus

Midna is super awesome for thrashing big groups of enemies, but seems kind of lack luster against officers. The adventure mode "quiz" map where you fight 2 other characters at once seems like it's going to be hard to A rank (I get hit too much).

Adventure mode overall is so good. This game definitely has that "one more level" feeling to it that makes it easy to play for hours.

I'm surprised I haven't got in deep to another Musou game before this one.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Midna is super awesome for thrashing big groups of enemies, but seems kind of lack luster against officers. The adventure mode "quiz" map where you fight 2 other characters at once seems like it's going to be hard to A rank (I get hit too much).

Adventure mode overall is so good. This game definitely has that "one more level" feeling to it that makes it easy to play for hours.

I'm surprised I haven't got in deep to another Musou game before this one.
Boomerang the extra guys

zulux21

so I see the first dlc pack actually adds like 18 costumes, the horse, and a new scenario that is 5 chapters long...
the new adventure map though... how much does that add? is it a full new map of challenges? I'm trying to get a clear picture of how much the adventure map adds as each of the dlc seem to have one.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Alright guys, I need help fighting Cia,
when she splits into several of herself it becomes really annoying and idk if its suppose to be like this but my allies are dropping like flies, this would be good build up tension situation type thing, but once zelda flees its game over which is bullshit, what am I suppose to do?
Im using Impa with a naginata that doesnt have any upgrades on it since I just got it

The bonuses you get while in Focus Spirit are just temporary right? The "more exp, rupees, rare materials" etc? I would assume they only last for the duration of that Focus Spirit.

Also what are the rewards for completing the golden skulltula pictures? I almost completed the first one and then moved on, but you say it unlocks a new level? Do all of them do that?

Someone said having more hearts allows you to take more hits and still get an A-Rank, truth?

Need more info on this, I've heard nothing of the sort before.

Ganondorf being Level 1 makes his first level so amazing, since you level up so much and steadily get stronger.

When I saw he was just level 1, I went to the dojo and brought him up to level 12 at least. Then I managed to defeat everything on that level with one or two hits because apparently it's the easiest level in the game ;b

Anyone know how many levels there are? Just beat the first TP stage today and I'm kinda curious.

Nope, no one has a clue.

Of course we do. There are 18 levels in the Legends campaign, however not all levels have unique stages. After the time-split there are some stages that will repeat a lot.

NeonZ

The bonuses you get while in Focus Spirit are just temporary right? The "more exp, rupees, rare materials" etc? I would assume they only last for the duration of that Focus Spirit.

Also what are the rewards for completing the golden skulltula pictures? I almost completed the first one and then moved on, but you say it unlocks a new level? Do all of them do that?

The first set unlocks a new level and after you finish it you get
a Zora tunic skin for Link.
There are other locked levels in the bonus adventure map, so I assume you get levels from the other ones too, but I don't know what are their prizes.

Just got Lana's 3rd weapon. I absolutely love it, and all her poses. Though I find myself just doing regular combos instead of charging summons.

Yeah :3
At first I was concerned about the length of the animations on the combo summons until I realised I could put out waaaaay more damage by spamming the X summons and dash cancelling until I get a dragon, then doing the dragon combo while still buffed to napalm the level XD

I used to think Link with the mastersword was crazy, now he feels relatively tame after the crazy dragon rides I've done on some of the maps with Lana :p

For bosses with their weakpoints out I just do an X summon, dash cancel, and then do a 4 hit normal combo before dash cancelling into another X summon (the 5th attack in the chain is too long so it's better to skip it) The combined damage output of both lana and her summon often takes out their entire weakpoint bar in one go and I've not even got her 3rd stamina fruit badge yet :eek:

Edit: in fact, Lana's crazy weakpoint destroying speed has made me notice that the imprisoned seems to have some kind of annoying 'recovery' cheat when you deplete their weakness meter by half. Even if they should still be in weakpoint mode for longer it'll immediately drop the weakness bar and go into it's wriggling attack move if you get half the bar off in one go, so I don't think it's actually possible to break the imprisoned's weakpoint in a single attempt, no matter how fast you do it :/

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
when she splits into several of herself it becomes really annoying and idk if its suppose to be like this but my allies are dropping like flies, this would be good build up tension situation type thing, but once zelda flees its game over which is bullshit, what am I suppose to do?
Im using Impa with a naginata that doesnt have any upgrades on it since I just got it

Nobody? :(

Diortem7

The same thing happened to me, so I guess it's suppose to be like that. I just kept fighting her until I won.

NeonZ

You shouldn't be playing with a weapon with no upgrades by that point... Anyway, putting that aside, you leave Cia behind and go back to protect Zelda and take on her other troops, only returning to face her after making sure there are at least no officers attacking Zelda and your base.

I never had any issues with it at all. Don't ever use an un-upgraded weapon. All my weapons are fully upgraded before I even try them; the materials needed are rarely anything special so you can usually upgrade them instantly. You might also be a little bit underleveled? Or maybe you're playing on a harder difficulty? I did it on normal and, like most of the Legends, it was really easy.

kiryogi

Banned
Lol fuck japan or europe and their lvl 90+ network links. First time I cleared one it was satisfying, This time it was just stressful as fuck and not worth the payoff one bit almost. But had to clear it to cycle in new network links D: D: D:

Lol fuck japan or europe and their lvl 90+ network links. First time I cleared one it was satisfying, This time it was just stressful as fuck and not worth the payoff one bit almost. But had to clear it to cycle in new network links D: D: D:

Can't you just turn it off and on in the settings? Or does that not work?

bobohoro

Maybe you put 3 badges to this element type your are struggling in this ONE level but then you need another character in another stage and that means another 3 different badges done for that one. If those badges used bronze elements would be good, but they use also silver and gold, for me its not worth it.

It should be enough to give each character their respective element, at least to start off, since from my experience all characters specific challenges either have no element or their inherent one. Multiple weapon characters are the only ones that would require multiple elements. It is a matter of priorities for resource management, I for one prefer the badges in order of: quicker weakness gauge > block damage > keep take speed > defense badge > special/focus spirit badges > rest. At least the moderate badges shouldn't be much of a problem at around level 50, I have more than half of them for nearly every character and that is without special grinding for material, just getting what comes along naturally while playing through the game. The effects of the defense badges, especially the easier time getting A-ranks, will only increase with latter difficult stages.

in fact, Lana's crazy weakpoint destroying speed has made me notice that the imprisoned seems to have some kind of annoying 'recovery' cheat when you deplete their weakness meter by half. Even if they should still be in weakpoint mode for longer it'll immediately drop the weakness bar and go into it's wriggling attack move if you get half the bar off in one go, so I don't think it's actually possible to break the imprisoned's weakpoint in a single attempt, no matter how fast you do it :/

This seems to be true yeah, had the same thing happening with Link on the Imprisoned/Agnaktor/Ghoma stage. The other two went down in one weakness gauge, Imprisoned never dropped below half, didn't matter how fast I got the gauge down. Makes the most unfun giant boss in the game even more unfun. :/

This seems to be true yeah, had the same thing happening with Link on the Imprisoned/Agnaktor/Ghoma stage. The other two went down in one weakness gauge, Imprisoned never dropped below half, didn't matter how fast I got the gauge down. Makes the most unfun giant boss in the game even more unfun. :/

Yeah, I actually enjoy fighting most of the bosses but the imprisoned is quite a chore along with Manhandla.
The two of them seem designed to make you just sit there and twiddle your thumbs a lot or drag things out. At least with manhandla the seed spit is surprisingly damaging if you mis-judge which move it'll do and don't block in time, so there's some element of threat: with the imprisoned I've resorted to doing other stuff while I wait for the invincibility frames to wear off (using shieka's light song to recharge special, or getting a dragon summon for Lana so I can blast it's toes off in half a second when it finally does let itself be damaged again... if I'm giving myself busy-work to keep myself occupied like that though, then I consider that the sign of a bad boss :p

Just picked this up. I played a bit of it at E3 and quite liked it, I'm just hoping the formula will remain interesting to me for a whole game... I'm excited, though.

So, I'm a hardcore Zelda fan but have never played a Musou game before (though I'm familiar with them and generally know what they are). Anyone have any advice for me? (Besides the obvious, like "Don't go into it expecting a Zelda game!")

TheMoon

Played the first Skyward Sword mission this afternoon. That was a great map/environment, although it seemed really easy compared to the past few missions. I was surprised how little challenge Ghirahim presented in particular, considering he wiped the floor with me quite a bit in the actual Skyward Sword game :p

Was thankful that Fi seems much less annoying in Hyrule Warriors.

I played that yesterday. While Ghirahim was fairly easy to deal with, Volga gave me a good beating because I was futzing around. I suspect your first encounter is supposed to introduce you to a new villain and make them fairly easy before they will crush you upon your second rendezvous. :)

TheMoon

So, I'm a hardcore Zelda fan but have never played a Musou game before (though I'm familiar with them and generally know what they are). Anyone have any advice for me? (Besides the obvious, like "Don't go into it expecting a Zelda game!")

This is my first one as well and so far it was smooth sailing. Just pay attention to what's happening on the map and don't panic :D

You can try to jump into the game on Hard since the first two or three missions aren't really challenging. If you find yourself comfortable with the moves and map management, you can easily keep playing on Hard. There are checkpoints during the missions and you never lose the EXP (and rupees too, I think?) you accumulated before dying.

I suggest hopping through all the menus to see what's there, though the game invites you to do that anyway between the first few missions. You can always go back and sweep through a past stage on easy to grind for materials to craft some new gear before the next one.

edit: aw crap, double post. sorry.

Just picked this up. I played a bit of it at E3 and quite liked it, I'm just hoping the formula will remain interesting to me for a whole game... I'm excited, though.

My main pieces of advice aaaare...
* If you hold dodge and a direction your character will immediately break into a full run rather than slowly working up to it. Once they're running you can let go of the dodge button.
* If an enemy doesn't have a health bar above it's head then it's probably not important and you can safely ignore it unless you want to build meter or you're clearing a keep :p
* get the combo extension badges and weakpoint badges from the attack tree ASAP. Some characters don't function very well without certain unlocked moves.
* SUPER DUPER IMPORTANT: You can cancel most attack animations with dodge and/or items (e.g. shooting your bow) Some moves will be suicidal/borderline unusuable without abusing this :3
* the special meter isn't hard to build so don't be afraid to use your specials fairly often :D
* most of all: have fun! :3

~scratches head~ I'm sorry... I'm not sure what advice I could give you but I'm not having any issues with her personally, but then again I seem to easily A rank most stuff with Agitha now too and you weren't getting much out of her either so maybe they just don't meld well with your play style? Not that agitha is particularly good mind, it's just she has 2 good moves you can abuse to make up for her shortcomings and one of them decimates weakpoint bars (YYX-B) while the other can infinitely juggle humanoids (YX. Can also be used to juggle into YYX-B safely) :eek:

I've not bothered with the defence badges yet but I've not had any major trouble avoiding the damage limit so I didn't see a need. It could be down to me being a naturally cautious player who abhors taking hits in any game at all so games like Dark Souls which cater to my normal style of play didn't seem as difficult to me as people made them out to be :3
I struggle much more with games that force you to rush and be aggressive instead though XD

Anyhoo, I don't bother with the rapier too much so no immediate advice comes to mind, but for the windwaker I mostly just stick to abusing the X button, which I can clear entire keeps with fairly quickly. Just press it to send out the initial spread of minitornados and see if you get any glowies appear, if not just dash cancel it immediately and do it again until you do, then snap them up with your controllable whirlwind ASAP and obliterate everything. Remember to press X to end it explosively before it eventually runs out on it's own for extra damage :D
I sometimes use YX to knock humanoids up in the air and then catch them with the X tornado too or simply juggle them with the Y series :p

As I said, those two characters are not impossible to control "well" (I know how to use them and which moves are the "better" ones), they just need extra work from your part (and I dont mean fun extra work) to make them work. The other characters just flow better and are more fun to use.
And I AM cautious. Most of the times I get A rank and second skulltulas because thats the way I play.
And im sorry but a move that fails 50% of the time, is not a good move at high levels. You cant play like you say you play with the windwaker in high levels and not get utterly destroyed by officer and commander projectiles. And i usually dodge when I fail that attack to cancel it, but when you repeat it again and it fails, well fuck it.

Zelda is all flash but no substance, thats why she is good a low levels and terrible at high ones. Agitha is even worse, but she has that exploit that makes her manageble. And im not the only one saying that, people have had all kinds of trouble with that stage becuase of Zelda, and for me it wasnt even that hard funnily (no million of golden aura officers attacking at the same time, no evil cuccos on sight, you can beat the stage by standing in the centre and waiting everything to come, the only hard things are Volga and Wizzro), it was Zelda that made it hard, and Im sure I had her overleveled.

However I didnt know about exploding the tornado before it runs out though, wil try when I play again with her to use the second level windwaker and see if it does good damage.

lol, reading it again and all this posts about how bad is zelda looks like Im an old man yelling to the clouds.
Its just that... the stage was so easy but she make it that much more difficult, I lose too many time with her.

It surprises me seeing this when she is probably the best character to take life of officers and commanders without waiting for the weakpoint or having to take damage.
Spam YYX and see how it drains life from them in seconds. They cant even attack you from the flanks because the area of effect is so big. And is really fast because its a C2 combo. Its really broken.
It was really hard using her when I didnt know how to run fast with B, but now she is a bliss to play.

It should be enough to give each character their respective element, at least to start off, since from my experience all characters specific challenges either have no element or their inherent one. Multiple weapon characters are the only ones that would require multiple elements. It is a matter of priorities for resource management, I for one prefer the badges in order of: quicker weakness gauge > block damage > keep take speed > defense badge > special/focus spirit badges > rest. At least the moderate badges shouldn't be much of a problem at around level 50, I have more than half of them for nearly every character and that is without special grinding for material, just getting what comes along naturally while playing through the game. The effects of the defense badges, especially the easier time getting A-ranks, will only increase with latter difficult stages.

Well, you are right that it would make some challenges much easier. Still, I want those good offensive skills first, and the loot drop rate even with +material weapons is not that good. I still have to get some gold materials for some of the commanders/bosses it seems, still a question mark in them.

kiryogi

Banned
So I dunno about you guys. . . I didn't have any trouble getting Zelda's LV2 Wind Waker at all. . .Was actually really easy. That said, I just stuck to using her Rapier instead of the Wind Waker so :p A little disappointed for now, but woohoo! Here I come Great Fairy. No issues at all with Volga and especially not Wizro, but maybe that's only if you're using Wind Waker.

I still stand by that Zelda with Rapier is really awesome, and probably the best rapier user in musou with her light arrows.(That's her saving grace honestly) Typically I don't like Rapier users either. Sima Shi I'm looking at you.

Kinsei

Banned
I did the Fi vs the three Imprisoned level this morning. Ya'll made it sound a hell of a lot harder than it actually was.

kiryogi

Banned
I did the Fi vs the three Imprisoned level this morning. Ya'll made it sound a hell of a lot harder than it actually was.

It sucks to go into early on if you don't have Fi powered up. That's my experience with it, after coming back with all her combos and more badges, it wasn't so bad.

Hahaha, gaondorf's level 3 weapon stage in adventure mode is a tribute to alice in wonderland.
"You are all invited"
And the stage and boss used in the level.

And I dont have too much problem with Fi vs the imprssioned.
Now Zant doing a whole war with cuccos included and then having to beat the imprissioned, all in less than 15 minutes? Thats hard, and only because of the time limit.

So I dunno about you guys. . . I didn't have any trouble getting Zelda's LV2 Wind Waker at all. . .Was actually really easy. That said, I just stuck to using her Rapier instead of the Wind Waker so :p A little disappointed for now, but woohoo! Here I come Great Fairy. No issues at all with Volga and especially not Wizro, but maybe that's only if you're using Wind Waker.

I still stand by that Zelda with Rapier is really awesome, and probably the best rapier user in musou with her light arrows.(That's her saving grace honestly) Typically I don't like Rapier users either. Sima Shi I'm looking at you.

I also used the rapier, the wind waker is horrible against Wizzro and Volga.
Just after i said to you good luck I beated the stage, and yes the arrows used appropiately is what made it really easy. Dindt get near wizzro or volga because i didnt want a random attack to hit me, so I filled a the special gauge killing grunts with the shower arrows, to the use it against them for a far. Was a good tactic.

Lulubop

I used her level 1 Baton, I much prefer it to the Rapier even if it was weaker. The problem was doing damage I supposed, but I got it eventually.

So can somone helpful enter the skill trees and see what gold materials I need for the last offensive skills of Link and Midna?

I still have a question mark on those.

pdk27

So I'm only at level 14 so far. Played an adventure mode stage with one of your guys network links who is level 48. Holy crap all the enemies! It was actually kind of fun to see how long I could last. Never did beat the stage though.

ohlawd

you have to clear the board of Network Links to get new ones?

I thought it was a daily thing. Have had this lvl 99 one sitting for the past three days and I get about four new ones each day since.

I played some of this video game.

Fattony12000 said:
I streamed it for about an hour on Friday.

That first hour had better/more coherent storytelling and characterisation than Destiny. I knew who I was, what was happening in the moment, who I was allied with and who I was pitted against. I knew the names of people and what they looked like and I knew where I was. It's also possible that that first Hyrule Warriors cutscene was longer than most of the Destiny ones put together, it also showed stuff happening, unlike the Destiny cutscenes.

I think I'll play some more soon.

After I hit level 28 in Destiny...

I played some of this video game co-op.

It's quite a good laugh, actually.

I believe Link needs Ganondorf's golden materials and Midna needs Link's. That's off the top of my head, can't confirm it right now.

It's probably the gold materials of the character the silver ones were from.

Thanks guys, I thought I already got the gold ones from ganondorf and Link. Are there two different gold materials for each character maybe?

I believe Link needs Ganondorf's golden materials and Midna needs Link's. That's off the top of my head, can't confirm it right now.

you have to clear the board of Network Links to get new ones?

I thought it was a daily thing. Have had this lvl 99 one sitting for the past three days and I get about four new ones each day since.

Seems so, it also seems the majority of things I get are link level 3 weapons.
Also thanks for helping me yesterday, those 50000 rupees came in handy.

Top Bottom