• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Seik

Banned
It took me quite a few times yesterday to beat the mission with Argorok, mostly due to poor timing/emplacement from my part.

Then I finally managed to do it, after trying for something like 3 times.

Breezed through the Master Sword mission, and then....

Fuck you
Dark Link

Fuck
the four Dark Link
that appear afterward, too, especially them.

It was getting too late for me to continue, yesterday, I'll give another shot tonight. Though I felt I needed to be EVERYWHERE, Zelda was dying at the bottom of the map, I had to kill the four idiots AND protect the magic keeps.

Any useful tips for this one?

Fandangox

The point of the Windwaker level 2 map.is to completely ignore the rougue forces and then just go for Wizzro and Volga while they are separated. If you take out the rouge forces, Ghirahim and his army will get a crazy boost that will make Wizzro and Volga harder to deal with if they are next to each other.

NeonZ

I wonder if the future packs might not be as uniform as the names indicate... If you think about it, the only 'Master Quest' related part of this pack is the Adventure Map itself (It's called "Ura Zelda" in Japan, which is shared by both the OoT Master Quest... and the original Zelda's second quest, which seems to be what's actually reference here).

Lana's and Cia's costumes and the story chapters for Cia's group have nothing to do with the "Master Quest" theme at all - Lana's and Cia's sorceress costumes aren't even unlocked in the Adventure mode, since they can be bought separately. Same goes to Epona (although in this case I'm not sure how the lvl2 and lvl3 Eponas are unlocked) - although in this case I guess you could draw an OoT Master Quest connection, but even so that's rather weak considering how the Epona parts of the game aren't changed by the Master Quest.

So, the Twilight Princess and Majora Mask pack names could end up referencing just the new Adventure Maps we'll get there too, with the characters, costumes and weapons not necessarily being from those games, just like how the scenario and costumes here had nothing to do with Master Quest. Still, I guess we'll need quite a bit of Majora's Mask content otherwise they wouldn't be able to make it seem like a Majora Mask theme in the first place, considering the lack of MM content in the base game, aside from the moon drop.

The point of the Windwaker level 2 map.is to completely ignore the rougue forces and then just go for Wizzro and Volga while they are separated. If you take out the rouge forces, Ghirahim and his army will get a crazy boost that will make Wizzro and Volga harder to deal with if they are next to each other.

Yep this is what i did in my last tries. If you kill the yellow commander before Volga and Wizzro all hell breaks loose. hast what happened to me the firts time I tried the stage.

ohlawd

Seems so, it also seems the majority of things I get are link level 3 weapons.
Also thanks for helping me yesterday, those 50000 rupees came in handy.

k so I gotta do something about that lvl 99 Link -_-

lol I can't even tell who I've added based on everyone's Mii/nickname but sure np.

k so I gotta do something about that lvl 99 Link -_-

lol I can't even tell who I've added based on everyone's Mii/nickname but sure np.

I beat yesterday a level 91 with a level 60 link and a 420power 5 star level magic rod
Sinceresly i found some 60 something level battles harder.

I think the way it updates with 1 friend and 4 randoms is a little bit shitty. You also need to take care of random level 99's.

SoldnerKei

got my first lvl 3 weapon for Lana yesterday, damn I replayed the damn mission like five times until I got A, and I thought this game was too easy sometimes

Xander51

I'm going to pick this up today, I'm really excited!!!

Is there a list of NNIDs I can add? None of my friends have this.

Mine's LadySiara, add me!

I'll add you this afternoon!!! Anyone can feel free to add me as well, I'm BiscuitWizard51 on the Nintendo Network.

RiggyRob

Ganondorf is a beast. I just unlocked him last night how do I use that purple meter he has? It was full but I couldn't use it?

Press strong attack by itself and he'll do a very slow area-of-effect attack. You're actually better off keeping the meter full as it gives his attacks the darkness element (stronger attacks against the same target).

Kinsei

Banned

I'll add you this afternoon!!! Anyone can feel free to add me as well, I'm BiscuitWizard51 on the Nintendo Network.

I'll add you when I get home.

Anyone can feel free to add me. NNID: Gnerdus

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It took me quite a few times yesterday to beat the mission with Argorok, mostly due to poor timing/emplacement from my part.

Then I finally managed to do it, after trying for something like 3 times.

Breezed through the Master Sword mission, and then....

Fuck you
Dark Link

Fuck
the four Dark Link
that appear afterward, too, especially them.

It was getting too late for me to continue, yesterday, I'll give another shot tonight. Though I felt I needed to be EVERYWHERE, Zelda was dying at the bottom of the map, I had to kill the four idiots AND protect the magic keeps.

Any useful tips for this one?
The worst mission is one that is like 2 or 3 later.

Being Ganondorf, and having to make sure both Link and Zelda are knocked out at the same time. They keep reviving, and trying to take your base, super annoying.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm starting to hate Lana, the stupid sounds she make when attacking, especially with the Deku Stick...ugh.

Golnei

Ugh, why does the spear have to be her weapon? They should have given it to Sheik.

saria_crying_by_deniro97-d2y24gy.jpg

Mesoian

Being Ganondorf, and having to make sure both Link and Zelda are knocked out at the same time. They keep reviving, and trying to take your base, super annoying.

UGH. So annoying.

I ended up beating Zelda within 1 combo of health, then running over to Link, killing him as Zelda crossed the bridge to fight and then killed her. Super annoying because the way the mission is described, it doesn't sound like you have to kill them simultaneously.

SoldnerKei

I'm starting to hate Lana, the stupid sounds she make when attacking, especially with the Deku Stick...ugh.

it could have been worse, I crinkled in disgust almost every second of her trailer, and now she is one of my most used characters second to goddess hottie brunette Zelda(TP skin) P:

but yeah those moe-fighting-grunts can get into your nerve from time to time

Sacul64GC

Banned

I only failed once, 2nd time I
took Zelda down low fast then left her to deal with link in the Center Keep. By the time I took him down Zelda was only a small jog towards the rightmost keep.

Mesoian

You should probably zoom-out a little ;b

Also, I'm not hating, but what's with all the comparisons with Destiny? The two games have just about nothing in common.

The loot loop is similar in both games, though Hyrule's drop system makes more sense has a bigger payoff when you see silver and gold bags drop (even when you probably know what they are).

MrFortyFive

Will do. If anyone wants they can add me as well. I need more friends on this system!

NNID: MrFortyFive

So I'm having a ton of problems in this one (seemingly easy) Adventure Mode map.

It's about two tiles right of the starting tile. It's at the Master Sword temple and you have to play as Zelda against Cia and Midna's army. They have like four bombchus, a bunch of stalfos, and a summoner.

No matter what I do, I just can't A-rank this mission. Getting 1200 kills is weirdly hard, More often than not, I'll be slammed by Wizzro or a stalfos from off-screen and lose a few hearts.

Pls help.

Mesoian

So I'm having a ton of problems in this one (seemingly easy) Adventure Mode map.

It's about two tiles right of the starting tile. It's at the Master Sword temple and you have to play as Zelda against Cia and Midna's army. They have like four bombchus, a bunch of stalfos, and a summoner.

No matter what I do, I just can't A-rank this mission. Getting 1200 kills is weirdly hard, More often than not, I'll be slammed by Wizzro or a stalfos from off-screen and lose a few hearts.

Pls help.

Don't kill the summoner until last. That way you can farm enemies and take out a few swarms for easy hundreds.

SoldnerKei

Pls help.

eww that misson... well, I had to position myself to the nearest bombchu that is about to explode and began to take everything from there, also I took less damage by holding my guard up, you can spam dodge and shield whatever you didn't dodge, also spam her Triforce AoE combo, it clears areas quite easily, and finish it in less than 15:00 just to make sure(I got B on a mission that took me 16 mins) also, good luck :'D

Don't kill the summoner until last. That way you can farm enemies and take out a few swarms for easy hundreds.

also this

Yep, im already habituated to know where and when to farm enemies before killing certain ones and still get to the main base in time to kill the commander in less than 15 minutes.
As rule of thumb if you see you are in a hurry is kill 1000-1100, run to the main base and killing the commander there will you grant you with random attacks while killing him 100-200 other KOs easily.

As I said, those two characters are not impossible to control "well" (I know how to use them and which moves are the "better" ones), they just need extra work from your part (and I dont mean fun extra work) to make them work. The other characters just flow better and are more fun to use.
And I AM cautious. Most of the times I get A rank and second skulltulas because thats the way I play.
And im sorry but a move that fails 50% of the time, is not a good move at high levels. You cant play like you say you play with the windwaker in high levels and not get utterly destroyed by officer and commander projectiles. And i usually dodge when I fail that attack to cancel it, but when you repeat it again and it fails, well fuck it.

Zelda is all flash but no substance, thats why she is good a low levels and terrible at high ones. Agitha is even worse, but she has that exploit that makes her manageble. And im not the only one saying that, people have had all kinds of trouble with that stage becuase of Zelda, and for me it wasnt even that hard funnily (no million of golden aura officers attacking at the same time, no evil cuccos on sight, you can beat the stage by standing in the centre and waiting everything to come, the only hard things are Volga and Wizzro), it was Zelda that made it hard, and Im sure I had her overleveled.

However I didnt know about exploding the tornado before it runs out though, wil try when I play again with her to use the second level windwaker and see if it does good damage.

lol, reading it again and all this posts about how bad is zelda looks like Im an old man yelling to the clouds.
Its just that... the stage was so easy but she make it that much more difficult, I lose too many time with her.

Heh, everyone has characters they won't like or won't get. Whether said characters deserve it or not is another matter :p

I don't think I've tried the baton on super high level stuff yet (like the tier 3 baton or rapier missions) but I noticed from attempting Agitha's tier 3 Parasol that it turned into 'bullet hell warriors' because the dino-sergeants spit fireballs enmasse at me. It just makes me glad I spent a sizable chunk of my childhood playing bullet-heavy shootemups :p
I think my Agitha might be too low level for the level 3 mission as while the normal troops and even the characters (Zelda, Ganondorf) die easily enough the dino-sergeants take an absolute age to whittle down (not that I consider dropping a hail of giant beetles on someone's head 'whittling' normally but...) so time rating is holding me back from that precious A rank :/

Looking back at how I played with the windwaker i find myself wondering if the initial blast from the X does damage too. I'd normally check but I've been procrastinating from work too much as it is. I mostly used it to gain space and interrupt any non-armoured attacks in addition to the aforementioned fishing for glowies but it occurs to me it could be spammed by itself as an AoE if the damage was notable if you can't find space to use the manual whirlwind that follows :p

Just beat Legend Mode, last boss was actually pretty awesome.

Quick random question--does the Ocarina of Time King Dodongo ever appear anywhere else other than the Lake Hylia Legend Mode scenario?

NeonZ

Quick random question--does the Ocarina of Time King Dodongo ever appear anywhere else other than the Lake Hylia Legend Mode scenario?

It seems to be only there. Thinking about it, it's kind of odd they didn't use it in the Adventure mode, considering how some missions put you against two Dodongos at once.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Just beat Legend Mode, last boss was actually pretty awesome.

Wait, what?

When was this? I never recall seeing him.

I thought I loved Impa before with her's giant blade, but then I unlocked the Naginata. It's my new favorite!

I'm currently going through Adventure Mode, and am having problems with that Zelda mission that other people above me have mentioned. I'll try that take-care-of-the-summoner-last strategy.

Should you play Adventure mode before playing Legends? To unlock some of the weapons?

If you want to. You'll unlock weapons and characters at a faster pace in Legends, and you'll also be a bit under-leveled for Adventure. Legends is the best place to start really, that's where the story is at too.

Kinsei

Banned
What tiles have the final four skulltulas of the first picture? Leaving it incomplete and then starting to work on a different one bugs me so I'd like to work towards them ASAP.

Top Bottom