• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Like I said before, you're free to start an NNID list any time. I personally don't see too much of a point since you can just thread-search NNID/network and you'll probably get many hits, but if someone makes a list I'll Link to it in the OP.

zulux21

so what are the pluses for having friends with this game?
I currently have a total of two friends on my wiiu, and in general don't want people asking me to play games with them >.>

SoldnerKei

so what are the pluses for having friends with this game?
I currently have a total of two friends on my wiiu, and in general don't want people asking me to play games with them >.>

you get better rewards if you help Links from other people on adventure mode, they can be random people, but friends give you better stuff

zulux21

you get better rewards if you help Links from other people on adventure mode, they can be random people, but friends give you better stuff

ah I see. well w/e my id should be zulux21.
I won't be booting up my wiiu until tomorrow night, so if anyone adds me I will add them back then.

my link is only like level 16 right now though as I only have a few hours played... that will be fixed soon enough though.

Anyone care to help answer a question? In Adventure Mode when there's two Gold Skulltula's how do you get access to the second one? Because I only ever end up being able to get the first one.

Anyone care to help answer a question? In Adventure Mode when there's two Gold Skulltula's how do you get access to the second one? Because I only ever end up being able to get the first one.

I don't think the second skulltula shows up if you have yet to get the first one. That is to say, each map with two requires two playthroughs.

Also make sure you are taking less than four hearts of damage. I've had situations where I got hit by an officer's last hit (most often, the Icy Cold Poe's slow-moving orbs) but picked up a full recovery heart the second they died, so the damage registered, but I never saw it.

kiryogi

Banned
I beat yesterday a level 91 with a level 60 link and a 420power 5 star level magic rod
Sinceresly i found some 60 something level battles harder.

I think the way it updates with 1 friend and 4 randoms is a little bit shitty. You also need to take care of random level 99's.

I dunno, they're just extremely stressful. It's a race against time to take out officers ASAP before you lose your leader or even your base. It's a real pain since your morale is so slow.

ohlawd

man, are elements that big a deal, or is the Gate just hella strong or both?

I failed Lana's lvl 2 four times; twice each with Book and Spear. So I'm like what the fuck and used the Gate. Cleared it on my first try.

I almost cancelled my preorder for this since I love Musou games, but I'm not a big Zelda fan and figured the fan service would be lost on me. It kind of is, but I'm having so much fun with the game it totally doesn't matter. Also won the scarf from Koei-Tecmo on twitter, so yay me.

Too few people on my friend's list playing this so please add my NNID: Markadius

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
One minor bug I somewhat hope they fix, its possible to use a bottle as you "die". A few times I have been super low health, use bottle, then end up dying, get game over, but I actually still drink the bottle and can run around.

kiryogi

Banned
So regarding Lana's Summoning Gate, so is it random what monster you summon at first with strong attack? Or can it be manipulated?

Nohar

I'm becoming quite fond of Fi myself, surprisingly. At equivalent level, weapon and badges, she can destroy armies. One just needs to keep in mind to refresh her Light buff (C1). Her C2 is invaluable when trying to deplete the weak point jauge of officers, and her C4 is fabulous when it comes to eradicate large groups of enemies and move quickly on the battlefield. C5 and C6 are OK too. Really, only her C3 sucks. She needs some time to get used to her unique way of attacking, but once you do, boy does she deliver. Still a bit weak when you are trying to deplete a big monster's jauge though.

bobohoro

What tiles have the final four skulltulas of the first picture? Leaving it incomplete and then starting to work on a different one bugs me so I'd like to work towards them ASAP.

The second skulltulas of the first 4 maps in Legend Mode should complete that picture.

man, are elements that big a deal, or is the Gate just hella strong or both?

I failed Lana's lvl 2 four times; twice each with Book and Spear. So I'm like what the fuck and used the Gate. Cleared it on my first try.

Just finished that level as well with my first use of the summoning gate and it was total chaos. Haven't seen the game going that low in FPS before. It was ridiculous. And also extreme fun. The special attack of the gate is awesome, dash-canceling summons into other summons and having three mini-bosses bringing the hurt is great and the whole dance and posing shtick of Lana while shit is going crazy around her always puts a smile on my face. Great weapon, even though I have no idea what I'm doing and missed A-Rank by a small bit. :D

ohlawd

Just finished that level as well with my first use of the summoning gate and it was total chaos. Haven't seen the game going that low in FPS before. It was ridiculous. And also extreme fun. The special attack of the gate is awesome, dash-canceling summons into other summons and having three mini-bosses bringing the hurt is great and the whole dance and posing shtick of Lana while shit is going crazy around her always puts a smile on my face. Great weapon, even though I have no idea what I'm doing and missed A-Rank by a small bit. :D

I almost missed it. I think I had 14:30 for my time. Forgot to comment about the framerate. Bah gawd that was the worst I've ever seen the game run. The weapon is fun but man some of the combos I couldn't cancel so Lana's posing and shit while getting hit.

So I got smash 3ds this afternoon as im a big smash fan, Im not really feeling it and prefer continuing with my Hyrule Warriors adventure playthrough. Strange, if you had asked me this some months ago I would have say, no chance.
Hopefully the wiiU version of smash is where it is.

Heh, everyone has characters they won't like or won't get. Whether said characters deserve it or not is another matter :p

I don't think I've tried the baton on super high level stuff yet (like the tier 3 baton or rapier missions) but I noticed from attempting Agitha's tier 3 Parasol that it turned into 'bullet hell warriors' because the dino-sergeants spit fireballs enmasse at me. It just makes me glad I spent a sizable chunk of my childhood playing bullet-heavy shootemups :p
I think my Agitha might be too low level for the level 3 mission as while the normal troops and even the characters (Zelda, Ganondorf) die easily enough the dino-sergeants take an absolute age to whittle down (not that I consider dropping a hail of giant beetles on someone's head 'whittling' normally but...) so time rating is holding me back from that precious A rank :/

Looking back at how I played with the windwaker i find myself wondering if the initial blast from the X does damage too. I'd normally check but I've been procrastinating from work too much as it is. I mostly used it to gain space and interrupt any non-armoured attacks in addition to the aforementioned fishing for glowies but it occurs to me it could be spammed by itself as an AoE if the damage was notable if you can't find space to use the manual whirlwind that follows :p

Yeah I suppose at the end, is what characters you feel more comfortable with.

I dunno, they're just extremely stressful. It's a race against time to take out officers ASAP before you lose your leader or even your base. It's a real pain since your morale is so slow.

Oh yeah, even level 60's are like that, but I dont know why I found that 91 easier. maybe it was just pure luck.

Man Ruto is OP as fuck

This man speaks the truth

I'm becoming quite fond of Fi myself, surprisingly. At equivalent level, weapon and badges, she can destroy armies. One just needs to keep in mind to refresh her Light buff (C1). Her C2 is invaluable when trying to deplete the weak point jauge of officers, and her C4 is fabulous when it comes to eradicate large groups of enemies and move quickly on the battlefield. C5 and C6 are OK too. Really, only her C3 sucks. She needs some time to get used to her unique way of attacking, but once you do, boy does she deliver. Still a bit weak when you are trying to deplete a big monster's jauge though.

OI really think so too. BTW whats the C3 one? becuase I really like the forward attack and thats YYYX if I remember correctly.

When a skulltula says it needs a specific weapon, like the Knight's Sword on mission 1, does it mean the Knight's Sword specifically or any Hylian Sword so White, 8-Bit etc?

Having so much fun with this game! Work has been taking up most of my time lately, but I'm always excited to play when I get home. There's so much content and even though it's not a continuation of the main series, it hits the right Zelda spots for me in terms of its aesthetic and feeling it gives me. I feel like it's Christmas of '98 all over again.

Please add my NNID for assistance in adventure mode if you feel so inclined : mistressmoitie

So, I just used THAT Link weapon
great fairy
WTF man hahaahha.
Is worthless for A ranks (too slow and unpredictable to hit one single enemy, amazing for groups though, got my first 400 kill with the green gauge special) but is very fun to use
although her design and movements are scary as hell
Those combos are just nuts.
Also the camera goes totally crazy hahahaha.

Fi's C3 is when she stays motionless while flower petals form on the ground. Move is seriously worthless.

Oh the flower one. Yep worthless. Ironically is the move the CPU uses most with her.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I guess this must not happen under all circumstances, I just played that mission for the first time and no such event occurred. Interesting.

It is REALLY easy to miss.

It actually happens during the fight with Zelda herself, she says something about Dodongo and he appears outside, so you would have to leave the fight and run all the way back to see him. If you just fight and beat Zelda the mission completes anyway.

ohlawd

holy cow, the lvl 3 stages for Gate and Parasol

smh. Need to figure out what I should be doing combo-wise against crowds and officers.

Ok, out of all the giant bosses that appear at kill xxx amount of enemies missions Ghomas are the worst. They're just too fast to catch up to you when they are just distractions.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I never had any issues with it at all. Don't ever use an un-upgraded weapon. All my weapons are fully upgraded before I even try them; the materials needed are rarely anything special so you can usually upgrade them instantly. You might also be a little bit underleveled? Or maybe you're playing on a harder difficulty? I did it on normal and, like most of the Legends, it was really easy.

I just got the naginata and I was excited to use it(but made the decision to try it out in the story mode first) and I wasent in the mood to go through the upgrading process, plus I was pumped after kicking incredible ass during the last chapter with link that I thought I could just hop right in.

Nishastra

Banned
Whew! Cleared a level 99 network Link with my level 45 Midna.

Was a mission where Link is just wandering around trying to get himself killed while I had to beat the three toughest Dinolfos the world has ever seen, who all rush the base with their dozen slightly less tough Dinolfos friends eventually.

Kinsei

Banned
Agitha sure is interesting. I hope I can get the hang of her soon, cause I want to fuck people up while riding on a giant butterfly.

The second skulltulas of the first 4 maps in Legend Mode should complete that picture.

I meant the first picture on the list (The one that shows all of the big bosses like King Dodongo). You get the first 16 pieces of it from the hard mode skulltulas, and the rest are somewhere in adventure mode.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I HATE Fi's Weak-Point Smash on normal foes, it takes forever to finish and glitches out so, so much.

Otherwise she's pretty neat. You can pretty much trap the Imprisoned with her. Use her Musou, beat him up and fill the bar up, quickly dodge a bit till he re-grows the toes, then rinse and repeat. Would've got A-Rank, except when I first entered the room he lighting'd me before I realized what was going on.

By the way, just noticed during Ruto's attacks the Hylian Loach will sometimes appear. AWESOME TOUCH.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Ganondorf is beast, he has smaller combos but they obviously do more damage, problem is that isnt much compared to bosses

Fandangox

Finally did Darunia's last weapon stage, took like four tries had to just brute force the entire thing

When you finished a stage with 1199KO. Yeah that feeling.

I missed my first try with Lana's level 3 book cause I forgot to get the counter up to 1200 kos, missed 14.

Seik

Banned
Just played as Ganondorf for the first time.

giphy.gif

Anteo

So, before the darkness smash consumes us I wanted to say the final boss battle was so good, even for mainline game standards.

Top Bottom