• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

StAidan

Played the first Skyward Sword mission this afternoon. That was a great map/environment, although it seemed really easy compared to the past few missions. I was surprised how little challenge Ghirahim presented in particular, considering he wiped the floor with me quite a bit in the actual Skyward Sword game :p

Was thankful that Fi seems much less annoying in Hyrule Warriors.

boxter432

I'm not great at this game, but love it.
Not too much better than watching some playoff baseball with HW on the gamepad.

question though....I am using Zelda controls...am I doing it wrong?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Played the first Skyward Sword mission this afternoon. That was a great map/environment, although it seemed really easy compared to the past few missions. I was surprised how little challenge Ghirahim presented in particular, considering he wiped the floor with me quite a bit in the actual Skyward Sword game :p

Was thankful that Fi seems much less annoying in Hyrule Warriors.

Prepare for the next one...

I think the controls just change the button placement a little. If you are comfortable with the Zelda ones (I never used them), then you are fine.

LegendX48

Nah, I'm using the Zelda controls as well. Makes reading some stuff here a bit confusing sometimes though lol

Blues1990

I have already posted this in another topic, but I'm curious to know what characters you guys would love to see in a possible sequel to Hyrule Warriors. What are your suggestions?

Byrne & Chancellor Cole - 'Spirit Tracks'
Ralph, Veran, & Nayru - 'Oracle of Ages'
Maple, Din, & Onox - 'Oracle of Seasons'
Marin - 'Link's Awakening'
Linebeck & Tetra - 'The Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass'
Seres, Yuga, & Ravio - 'A Link Between Worlds'

Ideally, these are the characters I would love to see in a future sequel to Hyrule Warriors. I have always been more attached to the portable Zelda games, especially Link's Awakening & Spirit Tracks, so I was a bit saddened that Hyrule Warriors almost doesn't acknowledge these games. (Aside from the chain chomp being an alternative skin for the Silver Gauntlets & the Hilda costume.)

BY2K

Membero Americo
So at first I wasn't too sure about Hyrule Warriors but then... something clicked. I just started enjoying it WAY more for some reason.

And man I overleveled Link. Even on hard, I'm having an easy time.

Golnei

I have already posted this in another topic, but I'm curious to know what characters you guys would love to see in a possible sequel to Hyrule Warriors. What are your suggestions?

I'd probably spread it out a little more:

Twinrova - Zelda series
Blind - 'A Link to the Past'
Marin - 'Link's Awakening'
Veran & Nayru + Din + Farore (team character) - 'Oracle of Ages & Seasons'
Beedle & Makar - 'Wind Waker'
Linebeck - 'Phantom Hourglass'
Byrne - 'Spirit Tracks'
Yuga & Ravio - 'A Link Between Worlds'

I'd like for them to include something from Minish Cap, but it didn't really offer all that much in the way of memorable unique characters - maybe Ezlo could be an item? Or perhaps Swiftblade the First to fill the ghost swordsman niche?

It really annoys me I can't get the Twilight Princess costume set, there is no way to have even gotten it here in NZ, even through stupid store pre-orders.

I got the Ocarina one for pre-ordering from EB Games but Twilight Princess is my fav character designs. :(

Hurry up and add it to the eStore Nintendo.

Kinsei

Banned
The second skulltula in
Ganon's Tower
is evil. Because of that thing Darunia is now my highest level character.

Ocarina of Time: Nabooru, Saria, and Rauru
Wind Waker: Tetra, Medli, Makar, King of Hyrule, and Aryll
A Link to the Past: Aganahim
Link Between Worlds: Yuga, Hilda, and Irene
Zelda 1: The old man
Oracle of Ages/Seasons: Onox, Veran, Dimitri, Ricky, Moosh
Phantom Hourglass: Linebeck
Spirit Tracks: Byrne
Skyward Sword: Groose
Minish Cap: Vaati
And of course, some Zelda U characters.

Mat-triX

It really annoys me I can't get the Twilight Princess costume set, there is no way to have even gotten it here in NZ, even through stupid store pre-orders.

I got the Ocarina one for pre-ordering from EB Games but Twilight Princess is my fav character designs. :(

Hurry up and add it to the eStore Nintendo.

Hey, I sent you a PM.

Watch Da Birdie

Link's Awakening: The Photographer with "Pictobox".

He can snap pictures, freezing the foes, causing photos to appear which he can throw like ninja stars. He can also create "Nintendo Club" figurines that appear from the air and smash foes.

For his Musou, he snaps a picture showing the foes stealing from the SHOPKEEPER. The SHOPKEEPER then appears, angered, and strikes down the crowd with a bolt of lightning. C-R-A-A-C-K-K-L-E

Mr-Joker

Banned
I have kinda stop playing the game as I am kinda waiting for them to release a patch that allows me to turn off that god awful narrator, ruining the game story for me thus my enjoyment of it.

I'm probably one of the few weirdos who choose Custom controls ('R' button to dodge, 'A' for Special Attack, 'ZL' for lock-on, etc.)

Wait we can customize the control layout?

Mat-triX

Wait we can customize the control layout?

Yep, every button (except the D-pad). Just go to Controller Settings - where the "Dynasty Warriors" and "Zelda" Settings are - go up to where the Controller diagram is, and you'll be able to change the buttons to any action.

It really improves the experience for me when games let you do this.

Vidiot

Having never played a game like this before I really didn't know what to expect. The first few missions I was really confused and didn't know if I was going to fail for not doing certain things. After some more time with the game, getting to understand how it works, trying out new characters, etc. I have to say I'm really enjoying it more than I thought I would. :)

Also I find the story to be really fun.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is the "suggested" character(you know, the one with the recommended element) for Legend mode missions really better than the others?

Stoof

Do you need to complete an adventure level with the character associated with the heart piece to get it as a reward? This first one says there's a piece of heart as a reward for A Rank which I did but I don't think I got the piece of heart..

Kinsei

Banned
Do you need to complete an adventure level with the character associated with the heart piece to get it as a reward? This first one says there's a piece of heart as a reward for A Rank which I did but I don't think I got the piece of heart..

You do.

Stoof

Having never played a game like this before I really didn't know what to expect. The first few missions I was really confused and didn't know if I was going to fail for not doing certain things. After some more time with the game, getting to understand how it works, trying out new characters, etc. I have to say I'm really enjoying it more than I thought I would. :)

Also I find the story to be really fun.
The story is really dumb.
And I'm really enjoying the story anyway.

Thanks, that'll save me time down the road.

Blues1990

Is there a good way to grind/obtain EXP, aside from going to the Dojo? There are a couple of challenges in Adventure Mode that are nearly impossible to get an A ranking, and I would like to get them out of the way before hunting for the remaining Golden Skulltula's.

Is there a good way to grind/obtain EXP, aside from going to the Dojo? There are a couple of challenges in Adventure Mode that are nearly impossible to get an A ranking, and I would like to get them out of the way before hunting for the remaining Golden Skulltula's.

EXP skill is helpful. Keep transfering to your best weapons.

Play the first bonus harem stage.

after seeing pics of the skyward sword link costume in action im kind of upset i go the game digitally now :( nintendo needs to get these up on the eshop asap.

Just got Lana's 3rd weapon. I absolutely love it, and all her poses. Though I find myself just doing regular combos instead of charging summons.

Lulubop

Finally Darunia's third. Zelda's second Baton is proving to be a pain in the ass though, mainly because of Volga and Wizz.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Finally started this yesterday. Guys... this... I... I dunno man. I really don't know. Sure, it's flashy and fan-servicey but maaaaan is it super uninteresting to play.

Effect

Hmm. Gotta figured how not to kill so many enemies on the first
Ganondorf
stage. I kept him level 1 just in case he might be cutting through enemies and he did. Before I knew I was over a thousand kills and the skulltula was behind locked doors that I couldn't open in time.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
How do you know where to put the cards you get in adventure mode? I wasted a bomb already😩

If you want to avoid getting a new compass just because you don't remember original Zelda secrets you can cheat using this:

Adventure Mode Map

It was posted by LonelyGreyWolf earlier and, though only a translation of a Japanese site, is still helpful for the images alone.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Playing on hard?

No, normal. I'll try hard, but my issues are more mechanical and progression-centric. The lack of voice acting is fucking ludicrous, especially when they expect you to read all this shit as a fight is going on. The boss encounters have been... ehhhhh....General combat feedback hasn't been that awesome.

Watch Da Birdie

Ganondorf being Level 1 makes his first level so amazing, since you level up so much and steadily get stronger.

Hmm. Gotta figured how not to kill so many enemies on the first
Ganondorf
stage. I kept him level 1 just in case he might be cutting through enemies and he did. Before I knew I was over a thousand kills and the skulltula was behind locked doors that I couldn't open in time.

Actually, it isn't.

I thought that at first, but it's actually to the hallway to the left of the locked door on the map.

Top Bottom