• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Meeps

Does anyone know if you can receive an EXP boost from a friend helping your Network Link, and then back out and switch to the Rewards map and maintain the bonus? I was afraid of losing the bonus entirely so I didn't try it myself.

If not, does anyone have recommendations for good EXP levels in Adventure Mode (aside from other Network Links)?

Boy, that was wordy, haha.

What does sheik's prelude of light song do? It just makes a yellow square?

You mean the ability that refills your special attack bar fast as hell? It's awesome to use during dead time. Especially since Sheik has one of the best special attacks too. Make sure to upgrade her to have three special attack bars asap.

Fandangox

Sheik is seriously op, she has options for everything. Her water shield seems to block EVERYTHING until it gets depleted, you can fill her special gauge incredibly fast.

Her Bolero of fire harp song deals a lot of damage, so you can even try the shadow song first, get the enemy stuck in there, and then summon the bolero meteor. It's amazing.

Sheik is seriously op, she has options for everything. Her water shield seems to block EVERYTHING until it gets depleted, you can fill her special gauge incredibly fast.

Her Bolero of fire harp song deals a lot of damage, so you can even try the shadow song first, get the enemy stuck in there, and then summon the bolero meteor. It's amazing.

Every Warriors-character is OP, that's the whole point. Sheik is definitely one of the top characters in HW. Indeed she does have a move for every situation. The water shield blocks a certain amount of damage, no? I don't think it lasts for a certain time. So a really powerful enemy can bring it down in one hit, right? Nevertheless it's awesome, I always use it. I always thought fire was the worst because of how slow it is.

Link with his spin attack(X) is still the most OP character IMO, too easy to spam it.

Fandangox

Every Warriors-character is OP, that's the whole point. Sheik is definitely one of the top characters in HW. Indeed she does have a move for every situation. The water shield blocks a certain amount of damage, no? I don't think it lasts for a certain time. So a really powerful enemy can bring it down in one hit, right? Nevertheless it's awesome, I always use it. I always thought fire was the worst because of how slow it is.

Well yeah, I mean OP in relation to the rest of the cast. She has definitely the most options.

In Hero mode some bosses attacks have removed my water shield in one hit. And the fire does decent damage to bosses if you connect it, at least equal to a standard musou attack.

Maybe more if they are weak to the element.

so got a bit into it, and fuck the death mountain stage :|

Play on normal and you'll beat every level on the first try. Then when you get the hang of it you can try hard.

Link with his spin attack(X) is still the most OP character IMO, too easy to spam it.

Link is probably the best character in the game, though I prefer the shield bash. Playing on hero difficulty I noticed that it really did way more damage than any of his other attacks.

I've failed the stage on easy like five times. :(

How is that even possible? I thought it was impossible to lose even on normal. Just don't waste too much time in-between keeps. On the Death Mountain level, capture the two keeps doing damage to your base asap. It only takes a few minutes to get both of them. Darunia is a piece of cake; like Lana and Link he leaves himself open for ages. The bombchus are really easy on this level too. Defeating the bombchu operator takes seconds, and then the bombchu works for you. Never understood why people found the level difficult.

Well yeah, I mean OP in relation to the rest of the cast. She has definitely the most options.

In Hero mode some bosses attacks have removed my water shield in one hit. And the fire does decent damage to bosses if you connect it, at least equal to a standard musou attack.

Maybe more if they are weak to the element.

Talking about weakness and elements, I'm still not sure if it's

Light ←→ Darkness

Water→Fire→Lightning→Water

?

Also weakness for each enemy are still unknown.

Fandangox

Talking about weakness and elements, I'm still not sure if it's

Light ←→ Darkness

Water→Fire→Lightning→Water

?

Also weakness for each enemy are still unknown.

Yeah I am still not quite sure how the whole thing works.

I think Light <-> Dark is a safe bet though.

ohlawd

are you fucking shitting me

was doing Zelda's lvl 2 Baton. 1400 kills, 10 mins, 4000 damage right on the dot for a B rank.

Kinsei

Banned
Can you all complain about hard stages some more? It seems like every one you all have trouble on I breeze through, and ones that I'm assuming you've had no trouble on (because I haven't seen any posts about them) are what gives me trouble.

Soodanim

Link's weapons certainly are a mixed bag. I just got used to the
gauntlets
, then I got the
fairy
. It's really strange to use, and I don't like it much at all. The combos end up all over the place. And movement feels so slow, although I know it's not that slow in terms of distance covered/time. But on top of that, there's all the posing after combos. Awful.

Last mission I did yesterday was an online link level 65. Used Midna (level 58) with a 1st level 0 stars weapon (80 of power) and she stil wrecked (was trying to get a 3000ko skill that came with it)
She is OP as hell.

If you stand inside it your musou gauge will fill really fast.

You mean the ability that refills your special attack bar fast as hell? It's awesome to use during dead time. Especially since Sheik has one of the best special attacks too. Make sure to upgrade her to have three special attack bars asap.

My mind has been blown with this info. And I thought she was already good.

are you fucking shitting me

was doing Zelda's lvl 2 Baton. 1400 kills, 10 mins, 4000 damage right on the dot for a B rank.

Yep 4000 and 15:00 is a B rank strangely. They count it as out of the time and 10 hearts it seems.

Nohar

I realized something. Assuming Skull Kid will be one of the new playable characters in Majora's Mask DLC, what would be his special/musou attack? Because the
Great Fairy
totally stole his signature move. Not to mention the enhanced grappling hook also summons Majora's moon.

Kinsei

Banned
I realized something. Assuming Skull Kid will be one of the new playable characters in Majora's Mask DLC, what would be his special/musou attack? Because the
Great Fairy
totally stole his signature move. Not to mention the enhanced grappling hook also summons Majora's moon.

That's why I don't think we're getting Skull Kid.

Is it just me or are the adventure levels where you have to defeat a bunch of over-leveled giant bosses are kind of tedious? Like when I'm facing a bunch of King Dodongos. It's not like those slow creatures will ever defeat me, but bloody hell does it take long to kill them.

Also leveling up at the training dojo is so expensive in this game.

Great Fairy

You just realized something that we realized back on page 11-something :) Better late than never my friend.

Fandangox

Can you all complain about hard stages some more? It seems like every one you all have trouble on I breeze through, and ones that I'm assuming you've had no trouble on (because I haven't seen any posts about them) are what gives me trouble.

How did you do with Darunia's level 3 weapon that was the one that gave me the most trouble.

JoeM86

My friend claims he did my Network Link this morning. I've been playing much of the evening, and got no notification.

I'm sad now.

My friend claims he did my Network Link this morning. I've been playing much of the evening, and got no notification.

I'm sad now.

Its really strange how this works. I only got three of those but Ive been helping a bunch of people on gaf. As i said earlier, why is 1 friend and always 4 randoms? Even worse when one or two of those randoms is level 99.

Shun

I just finished Legend and I'm starting Adventure.

Anyone found a clear cut guide or know how to get some of the second skulltula and network links?

How does network links work and even though I used the right weapon and difficulty, I still have no idea how to get the second skulltula.

I've pretty much gotten mostly everything out of Adventure mode and I'm looking for those pesky Skulltula

you can check the requirement for skulltula. Before you actually start the battle, go to Warrior Info -> View Skulltula or something, it will tell you what you need to do

I just finished Legend and I'm starting Adventure.

Anyone found a clear cut guide or know how to get some of the second skulltula and network links?

How does network links work and even though I used the right weapon and difficulty, I still have no idea how to get the second skulltula.

I've pretty much gotten mostly everything out of Adventure mode and I'm looking for those pesky Skulltula

Just pause the game and check the requirements for the skulltula.

I need a crapton of Stalmaster Wrist Bone's. Anyone know the best level to get them?

I was stuck on that one sheik adventure mode level that had the mission of 800 enemies in 10 mins. i was a bit underlevel and kept missing the timer mark by like 2-5 secs. By the time I got the A rank, I had a crap ton of wristbones lol. Good amount of stalmasters there!

ohlawd

guys, for those stages with two barriers but one fairy, I HAVE to make a choice which to use it on, right?

I think this is dumb as shit, forcing us to forgo the other. orrrrrrr I'm dumb and there's a way to get another of the same fairy.

I was stuck on that one sheik adventure mode level that had the mission of 800 enemies in 10 mins. i was a bit underlevel and kept missing the timer mark by like 2-5 secs. By the time I got the A rank, I had a crap ton of wristbones lol. Good amount of stalmasters there!

Hmm, not entirely sure what level that is but I'll keep an eye out for it.

Anteo

guys, for those stages with two barriers but one fairy, I HAVE to make a choice which to use it on, right?

I think this is dumb as shit, forcing usforgo the other. orrrrrrr I'm dumb and there's a way to get another of the same fairy.

Well you can always spam musou attacks to get the other base

RiggyRob

I think Sheik might be the single best character to use when fighting the Imprisoned - special attack toes -> toes pop, then use fire attack/lightning attack/darkness attack for weakpoint -> move when it gets up again, recharge your special with light area -> rinse and repeat = dead Imprisoned.

I still can't get Agitha to work for me. YYX-B is fine for juggling mobs but it's shit against bosses. What was the other combo that was recommended, something like YYYX-XYYYX?

I think Sheik might be the single best character to use when fighting the Imprisoned - special attack toes -> toes pop, then use fire attack/lightning attack/darkness attack for weakpoint -> move when it gets up again, recharge your special with light area -> rinse and repeat = dead Imprisoned.

I still can't get Agitha to work for me. YYX-B is fine for juggling mobs but it's shit against bosses. What was the other combo that was recommended, something like YYYX-XYYYX?

Shiek's just a walking toolbox of awesome :3

As for Agitha, yeah, you can YYYX-XYYYX but the first part is only really necessary against humanoids as it's needed to hurl them in the air and hold them in a whirlwind so the high hits of the butterfly connect (it normally doesn't hit targets on the ground.) If you want you can just butterfly most monster bosses when they're in weakpoint mode as they're tall enough to hit without the setup but YYX-B spam is still the best for breaking their weakpoints I find and I can tear through them pretty quickly with it.

Adventure mode spoiler:
In the missions where you're supposed to kill bosses within a time limit and Ghirahim turns traitor on you I'd often end up killing Ghirahim along with the boss's weakpoint by accident, plus the dodge part of the combo helps move around the monster you're killing to keep it between you and him :p

Okay so I just unlocked all the areas in Adventure mode but still have a ton of stuff to unlock still. I maxed out link in levels so he's at the cap now. It will cost me to get my lowest character who is level 25 to 99, 5.4 million rupees :(. So looks like I got some grinding to do with each of my characters.

Seik

Banned
Just finished the game.

That was good, really good.

It really is a great celebration to the Zelda series.

Now, Hero difficulty, Adventure Mode and Challenge Mode, I'm all but done with this game!
:D

I decided to try out the summoning gate, feel somewhat slow to execute combo attack. Although Lana sure looks really cute with this weapon lol

zulux21

so number one thing I want to see in the next patch....
if second player has joined during the session leave them joined so when you continue to do missions you don't have to repeatedly remember to rejoin otherwise you have to leave and restart...

or alternatively make it like most DW games and let them freaken join on the mission details screen right before you start -_-

kunonabi

after playing through legend mode I've become really annoyed that Groose isn't in the game. Fi is all by herself instead of being part of a pair like darunia/ruto and midna/agitha and the Skyword Stages are both places that would have made sense for him to show up. He would fit the tone pretty well and him interacting with fi would have been fun. I'm not a "Groose must be in everything" kind of guy but it really feels like he's missing.

Seik

Banned
after playing through legend mode I've become really annoyed that Groose isn't in the game. Fi is all by herself instead of being part of a pair like darunia/ruto and midna/agitha and the Skyword Stages are both places that would have made sense for him to show up. He would fit the tone pretty well and him interacting with fi would have been fun. I'm not a "Groose must be in everything" kind of guy but it really feels like he's missing.

Personally, while I find the whole Groose thing pretty funny, I don't think it would fit his character to be fighting tons of enemies, he pretty much was a coward during 95% of Skyward Sword.

Can't even imagine what kind of weapon the guy could use, hahaha!

Agitha doesn't make sense either, Nabooru or even Saria would've been better, but hey we already have two sages. :p

Top Bottom