• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Fandangox

I think I almost fried my Wii U while playing this, Just finished a stage, and when I tried another one, the screen would turn black, but I could still hear the sounds as I played, the screen would show up if I pressed start, but disappear if I resumed the game again.

Could navigate menus, but every time I played the game.it'd turn black. I tried shutting off the Wii U, but the gamepad showed this weird static-like screen. So I unplogged it, and started it up again.

Tried another game, played fine, but Wii U got stuck loading the Menu screen when I closed the game (this has happened before a few times since I bought the Wii U)

Started it up again, and seems to be working normally now, Hyrule Warriors works too. No idea of what happened, going to leave it withou playing a couple of days to leave it cooling off.

So did anyone else have the same issue in adventure mode as me, from the starting position go one square up and one square left there's a wall that need s to be blown up, I did that yet the heart piece there only appears if a cycle through the unlock able it does not appear in the top section which shows everything you can get from a level, whose heart piece is that one anyway?

I think Sheik might be the single best character to use when fighting the Imprisoned - special attack toes -> toes pop, then use fire attack/lightning attack/darkness attack for weakpoint -> move when it gets up again, recharge your special with light area -> rinse and repeat = dead Imprisoned.

I still can't get Agitha to work for me. YYX-B is fine for juggling mobs but it's shit against bosses. What was the other combo that was recommended, something like YYYX-XYYYX?

I think Sheik might be the single best character just in general ;b Her or Link. Impa is also amazing.

Personally I just unlocked Agitha. Don't know why I didn't get her sooner. Only played her once on my go-to try-new-playstyles level. She seemed quite alright although of course I was over-leveled for that. She might be the weakest character. I guess some characters are more or less just there to use for fun on easier levels. What I mean with everyone is OP though is that even if a character isn't all that great, nevertheless he/she is capable of defeating 1000 enemies easily. Every character is a one-man army.

Damn it, I keep failing the A rank for Minda's level 3 weapon. Oh well at least she's getting a ton of EXP out of this xD

Qis, I helped your Network Link yesterday. Did you get a little message?

No idea of what happened, going to leave it withou playing a couple of days to leave it cooling off.

It does not take multiple days to cool off. It makes no difference at all if you wait 20 hours versus five days.

kiryogi

Banned
So while just messing around with Ganondorf's LV3 weapon level, I ran into an interestingly annoying problem. Nothing to do with actually A ranking it, but more so that the Allied AI was too effective? They were not only killstealing me but also killing various officers all over the map. I'm like MY MATERIALS NOOOOOOO.

On a different note, did someone's Network Link (Think it was lvl 60 or something?) with the LV1 Gate of Time for Lana, I almost timed out. While she can play keep away all day, definitely didn't do enough damage in good time. I was literally 1 minute away from the 60 minute limit. Good lord. I've found that maps that spawn powerful mobs every couple minutes to definitely be a giant pain, even when I'm properly leveled. While it wasn't like the LV90+ Link where I was literally between life and death on a game over, it was more like I'd lose every single keep minus allied base really quick if I was out goofing off somewhere else. Good times!

fred

Woo hoo!!! Found my first Skulltula!!!

Kept on either not being able to find the buggers or not having enough time to look for them!

after playing through legend mode I've become really annoyed that Groose isn't in the game. Fi is all by herself instead of being part of a pair like darunia/ruto and midna/agitha and the Skyword Stages are both places that would have made sense for him to show up. He would fit the tone pretty well and him interacting with fi would have been fun. I'm not a "Groose must be in everything" kind of guy but it really feels like he's missing.

I feel exactly the same as you, and it really stands out during the cutscenes.

Wow, I keep getting disc read errors while playing. :(

Happened to me once, got the game out of the wiiU (the game was still on during a fight) seems it has a little bit of dirt (seemed to be a scratch, thankfully it was not). Cleaned it, pop it up back again and the fight resumed as it was.

Sadist

Yay, more lvl 3 weapons!

Found Impa's lvl 3 weapon (big Sword) with a whopping 420 attack points because of a network link. Even Link's magical sword. Awesome.

Seik

Banned
I think I almost fried my Wii U while playing this, Just finished a stage, and when I tried another one, the screen would turn black, but I could still hear the sounds as I played, the screen would show up if I pressed start, but disappear if I resumed the game again.

Could navigate menus, but every time I played the game.it'd turn black. I tried shutting off the Wii U, but the gamepad showed this weird static-like screen. So I unplogged it, and started it up again.

Tried another game, played fine, but Wii U got stuck loading the Menu screen when I closed the game (this has happened before a few times since I bought the Wii U)

Started it up again, and seems to be working normally now, Hyrule Warriors works too. No idea of what happened, going to leave it withou playing a couple of days to leave it cooling off.

A couple of days to leave it cooling off? You'll be good after 2 hours. :lol

So while just messing around with Ganondorf's LV3 weapon level, I ran into an interestingly annoying problem. Nothing to do with actually A ranking it, but more so that the Allied AI was too effective? They were not only killstealing me but also killing various officers all over the map. I'm like MY MATERIALS NOOOOOOO.

Materials and weapons will be auto-collected after victory.

kiryogi

Banned
You're saying any items left on the floor as the levels ends are collected for you?

Unless you game over on the level that is. Although there's something about the only reason to pick stuff up is in the case of a gameover. Though i'm not sure you get anything if you gameover?

Soodanim

Just unlocked Agitha and tried her level 2 stage. I'd assumed I took too much damage, so I killed Zane without getting another 13 kills. Turns out it was just the kills keeping me from an A. She's not as bad as people have been making her seem, although she's far from a favourite.

Piers

Supposedly the weapon-items have specific advantages against enemies, outside of boss fights. Aerofols can be immediately countered if you hookshot them during flight, but that's all I've seen. Fat Moblins are apparently 'weak' to bombs and Poes are 'weak' to arrows, but I haven't seen any distinct advantages like with Aerofols.

Grizzo

Still haven't played the game (didn't even took out the plastic wrapper yet), but I just want to say that I was pleasantly surprised by the scarf!

It looks great and doesn't feel cheap at all. I almost feel like I could wear it outside. Maybe I'll try doing that.

TheMoon

Supposedly the weapon-items have specific advantages against enemies, outside of boss fights. Aerofols can be immediately countered if you hookshot them during flight, but that's all I've seen. Fat Moblins are apparently 'weak' to bombs and Poes are 'weak' to arrows, but I haven't seen any distinct advantages like with Aerofols.

Yea I found this out yesterday when I just tried hookshotting an Aeralfos. It became my favorite thing to do.

I feel this whole "lol yea but it's a Musou game" sentiment does the amazing details and depth int his game a disservice. Or people were just plain too stupid to "get" Musou games before if they are all as good as this. It's really a revelation how good this is after hearing people snicker and sneer at the sheer mention of DW for years. Even just labeling it a button masher or hack'n'slash is selling short completely. How can you even discuss anything about these games without mentioning the strategic aspects first when this is a game predominantly about management.

Needless to say, I'm having a blast with this, especially finding out stuff like hookshotting Aeralfos.

And strangely characters like Ruto dont make aerofalfos show their weakpoint when using the hookshot.
The adavantages against enemies thing shoed in that adventure mode stage works a little bit strange. I suppose the advantage of using bombs against fat moblins is that it elevates them in the air so you can combo them without stopping.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yea I found this out yesterday when I just tried hookshotting an Aeralfos. It became my favorite thing to do.

I feel this whole "lol yea but it's a Musou game" sentiment does the amazing details and depth int his game a disservice. Or people were just plain too stupid to "get" Musou games before if they are all as good as this. It's really a revelation how good this is after hearing people snicker and sneer at the sheer mention of DW for years. Even just labeling it a button masher or hack'n'slash is selling short completely. How can you even discuss anything about these games without mentioning the strategic aspects first when this is a game predominantly about management.

Needless to say, I'm having a blast with this, especially finding out stuff like hookshotting Aeralfos.
Well there is a reason people tend to say only pay attention to Jim sterling's reviews

He actually plays and understands the games and rates them fairly. Warriors orochi series for example doesn't have stuff like item weaknesses and such, but it's pretty much the marvel vs capcom of the musou games with tons of characters and over the top tag combos. All while having the management involved

Sadist

Question btw; what are the conditions for making the second Skulltula appear in Legend and Adventure mode?

The first one appears after 1000 ko's, that much I know.

georly

Question btw; what are the conditions for making the second Skulltula appear in Legend and Adventure mode?

The first one appears after 1000 ko's, that much I know.

Pause, go to warrior info, and then go down to skulltula, which is the 4th option. It tells you.

Or just look up a guide.

Shauni

Went ahead and bought this. Was going to wait, but ended up just saying screw it and buy it anyway.

I'm having fun with it. Does have a bit of drag to it like other Warriors games I've played, so I generally get somewhat bored after about an hour or so, but I'm still enjoying it. I really don't understand Adventure Mode. I get the jist of it, but when discovering stuff, does it just add something to the rewards you can get, or is that suppose to unlock something. Also not 100% sure if there's suppose to be treasure in every block or what.

Piers

I suppose the advantage of using bombs against fat moblins is that it elevates them in the air so you can combo them without stopping.

You're right, although that's the function of bombs in general. Too bad the combos also don't do any meaningful damage on captains. :(
Maybe enemies would have been quicker to expose their weak points like Aerofols, but the designers decided to instead stick to waiting for their attacks?

Which would be a shame if that's the case, because….I'm not a big fan of waiting around for enemies to expose themselves. Especially the case on 'boss rush' challenges where Manhandla can spend as long as two whole minutes doing the wrong attack.

boxter432

didn't go out or buy dinner last night, so I bought the DLC.
do not regret

zlCfzSga94U2kbLScB

kunonabi

Personally, while I find the whole Groose thing pretty funny, I don't think it would fit his character to be fighting tons of enemies, he pretty much was a coward during 95% of Skyward Sword.

Can't even imagine what kind of weapon the guy could use, hahaha!

Agitha doesn't make sense either, Nabooru or even Saria would've been better, but hey we already have two sages. :p

I picture him throwing dumbbells, using explosives/machines, maybe a move or two with his loftwing, and some bumbling around. Basically jar jar at the end of episode I only awesome.

Materials and weapons will be auto-collected after victory.

What? No way. Are you 100% sure of this? Why did I not know this sooner.

Ah thanks!

Lol, in the fourth Mission it says defeat ??? within three minutes and then find ???

You're supposed to figure it out. It'll make sense with the story of the level.

I love stages full of stalmasters or darknuts, it's way too easy to induce their weak point.

Poes and Dark Link's are the easiest, I'd say.

StAidan

Wow, I like that. It occurred to me that some of the items might be good against certain monsters, but I never bothered to stop and experiment with them. I'll have to try this stuff out. I'll resume my Legend playthrough soon, I'm a bit occupied with Smash Bros at the moment though.

boxter432

I guess you could test it in a stage with a boss drop like King Dodongo's claw or Midna's hair or something like that. Don't collect it and see if it appears in your inventory later.

bah god it worked. just did the first adventure mode to test, avoided getting lizalfos/dodongo/darknut loot pickup...and still got them. whoooaaah

kiryogi

Banned
Wow, I like that. It occurred to me that some of the items might be good against certain monsters, but I never bothered to stop and experiment with them. I'll have to try this stuff out. I'll resume my Legend playthrough soon, I'm a bit occupied with Smash Bros at the moment though.

It's pretty much based off their weaknesses from Zelda. There's an Adventure Mode stage that promotes this too. I had no idea about Aeraflos being weak to Hookshot until that. But Poes - Arrows, and supposedly Moblins are bombs like in Skyward Sword.

ChuyMasta

Gamepad or Wiimote/Nunchuk?

Which would you guys recommend?

Shaking galore if you go Wiimote. I did a co-op session yesterday without bothering customizing the buttons. Regular attack is mapped to shaking. Which works well if you understand a slight flick is enough.

NeonZ

Moblins are blown up and can be juggled after being hit by bombs, doesn't matter what they were doing, meanwhile, Poes are always interrupted by arrows. So, they are there, but aren't as useful as using the hookshot against a flying aeralfos, which actually opens their weak point.

Top Bottom