• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
How do automatic pick ups work? I keep running into things to grab em

Since the game actually keeps track of items on the ground the entire time you are in a stage it also just gives you all the items that are dropped after you beat the stage. You never need to walk up and pick up materials or weapons

Shaking galore if you go Wiimote. I did a co-op session yesterday without bothering customizing the buttons. Regular attack is mapped to shaking. Which works well if you understand a slight flick is enough.
Pikmin 3 is so much better with Wiimote/Nuchuk, that's why I'm asking.

Thanks, I guess I'm gonna try both. :)

Is this a serious question? Who in their right mind would want to play this with a Wii remote + nunchuck?
See above!

ohlawd

when are you supposed to hookshot flying aerofols?

I think I've had the weak point show when I hookshot them the second they fly up. any other time while still in the air nothing happens.

TheMoon

Pikmin 3 is so much better with Wiimote/Nuchuk, that's why I'm asking.

Thanks, I guess I'm gonna try both. :)

Oh god please no! Pikmin is a game where you use a cursor to control multiple units. HW is a game where you input combos to bash hordes of dudes.

GamePad or Pro Controller. Wiimote is literally death. Like, it will come and kill you in your sleep if you use it. Like the old stick-based GamePad controls in Pikmin 3. That bad. Yes. Or worse.

kunonabi

Is this a serious question? Who in their right mind would want to play this with a Wii remote + nunchuck?

I'm using wiimote/nunchuk since I find it more comfortable and I'll have to use them for coop anyway. The button mapping options are terrible and the lack of target switching is a pain but I'm not having any real trouble with it.

I dont know if someone knows, but trying going to the music menu inside gallery and switch one of the level songs.
Then press L or R, press it again...
Sooo good they thought about that.

Oh god please no! Pikmin is a game where you use a cursor to control multiple units. HW is a game where you input combos to bash hordes of dudes.

GamePad or Pro Controller. Wiimote is literally death. Like, it will come and kill you in your sleep if you use it. Like the old stick-based GamePad controls in Pikmin 3. That bad. Yes. Or worse.
D:

Ok, I'll stick to Gamepad, lol.

Fandangox

I haven't found any Skulltulas yet, lol. :(

Tips please? Are they on the ground, inside pots? WHERE!

The first Skulltulla of any map will show up once you kill 1000 enemies, a web will appear on the map, go that area radius until you hear the music fade in and hear the skulltula. Some are hidden in rocks, others you need the hookshot to reach them.

Dreavus

This game feels so cool when you have an ally who is actually doing something. On one of the adventure maps, I had an allied Volga who was storming the north end of the map with a entourage of captains obliterating keeps one by one. I felt like I could actually leave that side to him and focus on other things (for once). It was a fun change of pace from the usual "do absolutely nothing except stall, and then ask for help" that other allies give me.

I don't know how it is in other Dynasty Warriors games, but being able to give orders and focus your allies somewhere would be awesome here.

Anteo

This game feels so cool when you have an ally who is actually doing something. On one of the adventure maps, I had an allied Volga who was storming the north end of the map with a entourage of captains obliterating keeps one by one. I felt like I could actually leave that side to him and focus on other things (for once). It was a fun change of pace from the usual "do absolutely nothing except stall, and then ask for help" that other allies give me.

I don't know how it is in other Dynasty Warriors games, but being able to give orders and focus your allies somewhere would be awesome here.

You can do that in Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3ds, you have 4 characters you can play with in almost every battle, you control 1 and give orders to the other 3 and can switch to any of them at any time. Dont expect them to be useful at capturing anything until you take control of them though. Well, I guess you can send one to the other side of the map while you complete an objective, and switch to them to get the next objective inmediatly

Nishastra

Banned

That's why the Xbox Kingdom Under Fire games were so cool. In battle you'd control a single leader character (not unlike a Warriors game), but you also had RTS-style control over your other units.

And yeah, it's annoying how everyone on your side is basically just a ticking time bomb. At least you can heal them, though.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Gamepad or Wiimote/Nunchuk?

Which would you guys recommend?

If you attempted to play Xenoblade Chronicles with a Wiimote and found it to be an effortless experience, you'd probably enjoy it with this game. If you're like the other 99% of the world that wanted to punch kittens in the face as a result of that experience, the Gamepad is the obvious choice.

Nairume

Banned
That's why the Xbox Kingdom Under Fire games were so cool. In battle you'd control a single leader character (not unlike a Warriors game), but you also had RTS-style control over your other units.

And yeah, it's annoying how everyone on your side is basically just a ticking time bomb. At least you can heal them, though.

You could do that in some of the Empires games, at least.

Trying to hook shot a weak point is really irritating. The window is too short and the animation for the hook shot itself is too long. That final boss. Sheesh.

Time to start digging into the Adventure mode in earnest now. Played a map where you have to use Darunia to kill two Manhandlas. I had never used him before but paid to level him to 20. Not good enough....he could not knock down their weak points fast enough. I guess I'll need to do some grindage.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Trying to hook shot a weak point is really irritating. The window is too short and the animation for the hook shot itself is too long. That final boss. Sheesh.

Time to start digging into the Adventure mode in earnest now. Played a map where you have to use Darunia to kill two Manhandlas. I had never used him before but paid to level him to 20. Not good enough....he could not knock down their weak points fast enough. I guess I'll need to do some grindage.

Need weak point badges

boxter432

If you attempted to play Xenoblade Chronicles with a Wiimote and found it to be an effortless experience, you'd probably enjoy it with this game. If you're like the other 99% of the world that wanted to punch kittens in the face as a result of that experience, the Gamepad is the obvious choice.

ha, I played and beat Xenoblade with the wiimote/chuck (don't have a Wii classic controller) and found it just fine. Don't think I would like it here though.

Blues1990

I want to get an A Rank so that I can obtain the Fairy Bottle weapon for Link, but I keep screwing up on the level with Zelda wielding the Wind Waker. Do you guys have any tips?

zulux21

if I didn't have a wiiu pro controller that is likely the way I would go (depending exactly how horrible it is to do combos due to less buttons, but I am guessing it would work fine). I find the wiiu gamepad quite uncomfortable to hold for more then 30 minutes or so, especially with a game that makes me use the should buttons or right analog stick. Thus I make my wife play on the wiiu gamepad :p

El Odio

Banned
It there an easier way to restart levels in adventure mode other than going back to the map and reloading the whole thing?

Fandangox

I want to get an A Rank so that I can obtain the Fairy Bottle weapon for Link, but I keep screwing up on the level with Zelda wielding the Wind Waker. Do you guys have any tips?

Ignore the yellow army, start attacking the red army up on the map takr out Wizzro while he is separated from Volga. Use Zelda's rapier her musou attack is really atrong and has good range. If you are havimg issues with damage spend some badges on lighting defense.

Blues1990

Ignore the yellow army, start attacking the red army up on the map take out Wizzro while he is separated from Volga. Use Zelda's rapier her musou attack is really strong and has good range. If you are having issues with damage spend some badges on lighting defense.

Wait, so I didn't have to use the Wind Waker to acquire the Level 2 version of that weapon?! Still, thank you for the tips.

Ghirahim's moveset kinda reminds me of Zhu Ran, and that is not a good thing.

His moveset seems to make him an easy target for Aeroflos imo.

taking on 2 aeraflos at once as Ghi is not nice, i need to rely on hitting the weak gauges or i'm gonna take too much damage from an offscreen swoop attack

also cuccoo that follows you around the battlefield hoping you will hit them so they can attack you sucks.

Okay this is kinda annoying. Playing through adventure mode right now and I dont know whats going on. Some squares that are unlocked say I cant play it cause I havent met certain requirements and then im also trying to get to Agitha right now but her square wont unlock despite beating all the squares to the right and bottom of her.

Okay this is kinda annoying. Playing through adventure mode right now and I dont know whats going on. Some squares that are unlocked say I cant play it cause I havent met certain requirements and then im also trying to get to Agitha right now but her square wont unlock despite beating all the squares to the right and bottom of her.
Did you meet her in the legend mode?

kiryogi

Banned
Ghirahim's moveset kinda reminds me of Zhu Ran, and that is not a good thing.

His moveset seems to make him an easy target for Aeroflos imo.

taking on 2 aeraflos at once as Ghi is not nice, i need to rely on hitting the weak gauges or i'm gonna take too much damage from an offscreen swoop attack

also cuccoo that follows you around the battlefield hoping you will hit them so they can attack you sucks.

Are you using his target lock on?

Golnei

didn't go out or buy dinner last night, so I bought the DLC.
do not regret

zlCfzSga94U2kbLScB

That's odd - I thought the Dark Link costume affected Epona as well...

tumblr_ncxh03x33Y1rwrmseo1_1280.jpg

Anbec7

Is there something going on with my game on the third world were you meet Lana.
I'm beating it with Sheik and Impa to get the heart pieces but the game sometimes freezes over and I have to hard reset my console :/

It's been quite awhile since this happened.

Any ideas? Is it the game? Maybe my hard-drive???

Top Bottom