• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

That's odd - I thought the Dark Link costume affected Epona as well...

https://31.media.tumblr.com/f3190787dc051b9c3489be76f282f951/tumblr_ncxh03x33Y1rwrmseo1_1280.jpg[MG][/QUOTE]

The image he posted is from the pre-DLC victory pose that Link does, not actual Epona gameplay.

Another thing, arent capturing fairies supposed to prevent the designated keeps from draining your health? Since yesterday even if i get the fairies the keeps keep draining my health...

Are you using his target lock on?

on an aeroflos? only at distance, you have that on and you are under it, it sends the camera loopy. TBH I dont like the lock on system, omega force arent very good at them :/

i'm getting used to his moveset, its zhu ran, with a bit of gan ning, a bit of Zhou Tai too actually. Ghi is the one character who has the moveset which seems to encourage off screen attacks, its weird i played as almost everyone else and no one got hit offscreen as much as he does.

maybe its just the levels that are designed for him,. also fuck those 2 gohmas that chase you and eye laser you offscreen too

Is there something going on with my game on the third world were you meet Lana.
I'm beating it with Sheik and Impa to get the heart pieces but the game sometimes freezes over and I have to hard reset my console :/

It's been quite awhile since this happened.

Any ideas? Is it the game? Maybe my hard-drive???

I had a few screech from hell crashes, too. I have also heard others say they have them. I think it's just the game.

I see... is there a way to avoid them?
Or just luck? I hope they may patch this later on :/

Seems to be just luck but I haven't experimented with trying to get it. Don't know if they fixed it, but I haven't had a crash since the 1.3 patch, which should be out in the West on the 16th, iirc.

this game needs a method to pay to break sealed skill locks, I have too many weapons on too many characters to even hope to do them all before I get even more of the darn things

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I can finally start unlocking the Master Sword skill now. Ugh. Those last weapons up top pretty much demanded co-op. The baton, Agitha's Parasol, and the Lana's third are slow.

Anbec7

Seems to be just luck but I haven't experimented with trying to get it. Don't know if they fixed it, but I haven't had a crash since the 1.3 patch, which should be out in the West on the 16th, iirc.

Thanks for the response!
Then I guess.. I could try waiting a little bit..

Is there something going on with my game on the third world were you meet Lana.
I'm beating it with Sheik and Impa to get the heart pieces but the game sometimes freezes over and I have to hard reset my console :/

It's been quite awhile since this happened.

Any ideas? Is it the game? Maybe my hard-drive???

I had a few screech from hell crashes, too. I have also heard others say they have them. I think it's just the game.

I've never had a crash. Sounds like it's an issue with the Wii U or harddrive.

Using physical version of course.

NeonZ

My game never crashed either (DLC version) and I've already played it a lot (only one level 3 weapon missing right now).

I can finally start unlocking the Master Sword skill now. Ugh. Those last weapons up top pretty much demanded co-op. The baton, Agitha's Parasol, and the Lana's third are slow.

Lana's Gate wasn't hard to me. You know the trick to it, right? First summon a monster with a strong attack by itself, then use the same monster in the combo sequence and press the strong attack button multiple times to get a powered up version. Using Argorok, stop pressing the button once Lana jumps on it, and you can fly around using fire breath on everything, before pressing the button for a final blast, ending the move.

With Agitha, there's that bug summon (+roll) which can be spammed and the BBBYY-BBBY sequence (or something close to that (use strong attack once the hurricane appears twice to hop onto the butterfly, go back to pressing weak attack button to attack the enemies trapped there, only going back to strong attack for the finisher - if the butterfly dives immediately due to not pressing the standard attack buttons, then the damage will be much smaller than it should). The enemies will be going towards you, so you can start the combos away from them to make up for Agitha's speed.

I just started playing as Agitha, she is easily the worst so far, I got used to Ghirahim mostly but agitha, her own attacks leave her totally open to attack

Mohonky

Not a fan of how adventure mode and hard mode for skulltulas has rules about what weapon you can use. Kill this enemy in under x minutes, btw you have to use the shittiest weapon you have.

Not a fan of how adventure mode and hard mode for skulltulas has rules about what weapon you can use. Kill this enemy in under x minutes, btw you have to use the shittiest weapon you have.

There are no shitty weapons. Only shitty players.

What annoys me though is that in Legend hard mode it forces you to use like the same weapons over and over. Yes, Link with Hylian sword is great but I'd prefer some variety. Should just be limited to character and then let you use whichever weapon you please.

NeonZ

Adventure mode doesn't have weapon rules for Skulltulas, there are only character rules for heart containers and other weapons - well, I guess there might be skulltulas in some character locked levels, but it's not something common.

What annoys me though is that in Legend hard mode it forces you to use like the same weapons over and over. Yes, Link with Hylian sword is great but I'd prefer some variety. Should just be limited to character and then let you use whichever weapon you please.
Yeah that's not true, Koei have always made some characters better than others, and some characters are just poor, Agatha is this games weak link (look at me I made a pun) , much like how pang Tong, zhuge Dan and Zhu Ran are weak in dw8.
Although I don't think she is at their tier of performance. Although her own attacks leave her open which I can't really say that for them.

Sadist

Can you see the progress of unlocking skills? I think I haven't unlocked that many and it always seems so random.

Btw, I'm nearing the 50 hours played mark... holy crap.

Can you see the progress of unlocking skills? I think I haven't unlocked that many and it always seems so random.

Btw, I'm nearing the 50 hours played mark... holy crap.
Weapon skills, the one that require kills, yes just go look at the weapon and it will state how many you need

TheMoon

Hmm I dont remember having to use them before, it was usually automatic once I capture them. I must be tripping out then.

You get the fairies in one keep, then go to the keep with the Evil Force Field (TM) and have to use the fairy there by selecting the bottle and releasing it (like in a Zelda game). It was never not this was. You probably didn't pay attention in the heat of battle and just smashed away while taking damage or never went to a keep that needed a fairy? :)

maybe its just the levels that are designed for him,. also fuck those 2 gohmas that chase you and eye laser you offscreen too
So much this. That grahim stage is a pain in the ass.
And even if i can get a less that 10 hearts hit rank the time rank is fucking me up. I usually finish with 2 minutes lefts and is still a B rank. Same with agitha, in hom much time i supposed to do it?

Soodanim

I dunno, the characters/weapons that involved laughing after combos are a bit shitty. Luckily you can dash cancel out of some. Only some though.

After 10 min or so in playing the level where you fight ghost soldiers..my gamepad started to freak out and kept showing me the item cycles (the one where it supposed to appear if you touch the touchscreen) but I ain't touching the screen!! And its annoying as hell as there is no way of turning the feature off..even if I change the control setting to the pro controller, the game pad STILL has that feature on !! So annoying..anyone having similar problem or my gamepad touch screen is going whack ?!

btw 25 hrs in and I CANT STOP THIS ADDICTION >,<
When you have switched to Pro, press Home and turn off the Gamepad screen in controller settings.

Maybe it's the ghosts messing with you

After 10 min or so in playing the level where you fight ghost soldiers..my gamepad started to freak out and kept showing me the item cycles (the one where it supposed to appear if you touch the touchscreen) but I ain't touching the screen!! And its annoying as hell as there is no way of turning the feature off..even if I change the control setting to the pro controller, the game pad STILL has that feature on !! So annoying..anyone having similar problem or my gamepad touch screen is going whack ?!

btw 25 hrs in and I CANT STOP THIS ADDICTION >,<

NeonZ

Finally got all weapons. The Great Fairy lvl 3 stage was really fun. In the beginning, I thought the whole level was frustrating, but it's because I didn't get that there was a very specific way to handle the order of the stage's objectives.

Still, "powerful enemy troops appear from the enemy keep!" and then the troops appear in one of your own bases since you've conquered it already, but they spawn there anyway since they're set to spawn there, is a really annoying mechanic.

Jackano

I'm still playing and loving it, I just drop to this thread saying I did help BY2K today and got the "help 10 network Links" "achievement".
I go back to the game, this thread is a little spoilerish now for me :)

fred

I see... is there a way to avoid them?
Or just luck? I hope they may patch this later on :/

That's one of the most annoying things about testing games. It's easy to crash the things but the real challenge is working out what causes them. Particularly if you're not lucky enough to get a crash dump for the dev team to have a look at. And it gets even worse if you can't repeat it lol.

At the end of every project you've got a load of Once Only crash bugs that have to be 'Closed As Not Seen'.

I managed to break Netflix the other day which also broke the Wii U OS too lol. Netflix crapped out on me, the TV display went black. I was forced to quit the app with the Home button but after I returned to the Wii U Menu screen the TV display was still black, no Plaza lol. Had to switch the console off and on again twice, the first time the GamePad couldn't connect to the console and the second time everything was okay.

I haven't managed to break Hyrule Warriors yet though which is surprising for me, I tend to break software pretty easily which is why I made such a good tester. Not well enough to work at the moment though and haven't been for some time, would love to get back to testing when I'm able to get back to things though. It's the only job I've done in my life that I've enjoyed doing.

Okay this is kinda annoying. Playing through adventure mode right now and I dont know whats going on. Some squares that are unlocked say I cant play it cause I havent met certain requirements and then im also trying to get to Agitha right now but her square wont unlock despite beating all the squares to the right and bottom of her.

In order to make it to Agitha you need to unlock the final character in Legend mode (this happens after you beat Cia.)
I'm assuming you're on the square to her right (east) and it's not letting you enter the battle, giving you some nebulous message about requirments :3

EDIT:
That's one of the most annoying things about testing games. It's easy to crash the things but the real challenge is working out what causes them. Particularly if you're not lucky enough to get a crash dump for the dev team to have a look at. And it gets even worse if you can't repeat it lol.

At the end of every project you've got a load of Once Only crash bugs that have to be 'Closed As Not Seen'.

I managed to break Netflix the other day which also broke the Wii U OS too lol. Netflix crapped out on me, the TV display went black. I was forced to quit the app with the Home button but after I returned to the Wii U Menu screen the TV display was still black, no Plaza lol. Had to switch the console off and on again twice, the first time the GamePad couldn't connect to the console and the second time everything was okay.

I haven't managed to break Hyrule Warriors yet though which is surprising for me, I tend to break software pretty easily which is why I made such a good tester. Not well enough to work at the moment though and haven't been for some time, would love to get back to testing when I'm able to get back to things though. It's the only job I've done in my life that I've enjoyed doing.
Heh, yeah. I hate those bugs that only happen once in a blue moon and you can't find reliable reproduction steps for or the ones that you work on for ages without it seeming to have any pattern only to be head-slappingly obvious when you find the trigger.
When Crackdown's DLC came out there was a bug that wiped the player's entire save data that had us baffled until I realised that during most tests we tended to go into single player first : turns out, the bug would only manifest if you immediately jumped into multiplayer after downloading the patch :3

Also, I feel like when you work in QA you gain the 'QA touch' which means even games that used to work fine for you will now break on you. I feel it's weakened for me since I moved on from testing to other roles but stuff still goes haywire more than the days before I worked in Quality Assurance :p

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
in the fairy shrines in adventure mode i keep meeting chickens and i killied one and a golden one came along later with thousands of other little ones. is their any point in actually killing the chickens ?

The game before patch has a glitch that allies in adventure mode using wrong weapons, but in the master quest DLC adventure map, it happens on enemies. When I saw Zelda using the harp move set I was like "lol WTF is this spoiler glitch?".

TheMoon

in the fairy shrines in adventure mode i keep meeting chickens and i killied one and a golden one came along later with thousands of other little ones. is their any point in actually killing the chickens ?

Besides your own survival? Not that I'm aware (maybe a medal? blind guess).

ohlawd

Agitha
I don't get how YYYX into XYYYX is supposed to be good at crowd clearing. Riding the butterfly will only hurt the people hit by the initial tornado and does almost nothing to the grounded enemies until the divebomb. And I'm supposed to repeat this combo over and over? What?

NeonZ

Agitha
I don't get how YYYX into XYYYX is supposed to be good at crowd clearing. Riding the butterfly will only hurt the people hit by the initial tornado and does almost nothing to the grounded enemies until the divebomb. And I'm supposed to repeat this combo over and over? What?

It's not that good at killing grunts in large numbers, it's good to kill crowds of officers, which becomes a problem in her later adventure stages.

As far as grunt mob cleaning with her though, I don't think she has really great options, so that's one of her few decent options.

ohlawd

It's not that good at killing grunts in large numbers, it's good to kill crowds of officers, which becomes a problem in her later adventure stages.

As far as grunt mob cleaning with her though, I don't think she has really great options, so that's one of her few decent options.

ah understood. I thought that combo was for grunts. I should just put bomb+ in her weapon for grunts then :x

Agitha

I sometimes use the YYYX-X, fly to another group (if you start holding a direction before the butterfly appears you can go in a different direction instead of initially following the whirlwind which it oddly locks you into for a second if you're too slow with the input) and X to dive bomb, but yeah she's not got anything as good as the other characters for mass minion clearance. You could try C5 (YYYYX) which kills things in a line but I'm still uncertain how good it really is as it doesn't look like the beetle travels all that far.

StAidan

No kidding. The peer pressure to focus entirely on Smash Bros. is intense.

Agreed. I'm spending the weekend with Smash Bros, got every character and stage unlocked. I think tomorrow evening I'll return to Hyrule Warriors to finish out Legend Mode. After that I can just alternate between HW Adventure Mode and Smash Bros... until Fantasy Life comes out, anyway.

anyone found a great level to grind out kills?

for the love of god koei make it so we can buy these locks off

Might be worth trying one of the stages where attacks do massive damage and just clear out the lil guys. You should be able to clear all the baddies in that quicker than a run in a normal level :3

Do Gold Cuccos drop an egg when they are defeated? Happened to me twice. Egg disappears almost immediately though. Those golden bastards should drop a whole bunch of rupees. They're no challenge, but they take quite a lot of damage.

anyone found a great level to grind out kills?

for the love of god koei make it so we can buy these locks off

Eh, just use weapons without the locks then. Isn't it usually 1000 - 2000 ko's anyway? That's no big deal. 25,000 is a big deal though.

Hell no, screw that slippery slope

I meant in game currency the stuff that I have in the millions

Do Gold Cuccos drop an egg when they are defeated? Happened to me twice. Egg disappears almost immediately though. Those golden bastards should drop a whole bunch of rupees. They're no challenge, but they take quite a lot of damage.

Eh, just use weapons without the locks then. Isn't it usually 1000 - 2000 ko's anyway? That's no big deal. 25,000 is a big deal though.

I have multiple 1000, 2000, 3000 locks over 20 in total i believe and more keep coming

Top Bottom