• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

jimi_dini

hhow did those people I see with Network links hit level 99 so quickly?

My Link is Level 99 as well... It went faster than I expected.

I'm obsessed with this game.

Help.

So am I. I was even thinking about getting the Japanese LE. Sadly it's crazy expensive now :/

Also, how do I unlock that "???????" weapon for Link? When the game launched in JP there was some huge spoiler floating around for an endgame weapon. I assume this is it? But I assumed you get it for beating the game but I didn't get anything other than the question mark entry. Can someone explain without spoiling it for others?

Adventure mode. I won't spoil it. It's amazing though :p Getting the 3rd variant of it is a pain in the ass even with a Level 99 Link. I managed to get it yesterday. The friendly AI is so incompetent.

Synless

Where do I get that sweet retro sword? Also, how do I get my Ganon DLC? I registered it on Club Nintendo days ago and still haven't received an email.

Kinsei

Banned
Where do I get that sweet retro sword? Also, how do I get my Ganon DLC? I registered it on Club Nintendo days ago and still haven't received an email.

You get the retro sword when you beat the 13th level in legend mode. Go to your to-do list on Club Nintendo and the code should be there.

StAidan

Sammy pls

Don't be crazy

I have to admit that Hyrule Warriors is my biggest surprise of the year.

He's not that crazy. In terms of pure fun, I've enjoyed Hyrule Warriors more than any Zelda game since Ocarina of Time. This game is truer to Zelda's action-adventure roots than any puzzle-based Zelda of the past 11 years.

He's not that crazy. In terms of pure fun, I've enjoyed Hyrule Warriors more than any Zelda game since Ocarina of Time. This game is truer to Zelda's action-adventure roots than any puzzle-based Zelda of the past 11 years.

It's kind of hard to compare HW to other games. I'll never say it's the best Wii U game ever, but it's definitely the one game I'm having more fun with on the Wii U -- and I own both Super Mario 3D World and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze.

Then ...umm... give her the headphones? :D

That's a pretty good idea ^_^

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

I hope Anouma will use the opportunity and learn from this collaboration how to put some proper fighting in the next Zelda.

Kinsei

Banned
I hope Anouma will use the opportunity and learn from this collaboration how to put some proper fighting in the next Zelda.

I think the combat in the main Zelda games is fine. Combat isn't the main focus of these games, so I don't really want a ton of time and money going into it.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

I think the combat in the main Zelda games is fine. Combat isn't the main focus of these games, so I don't really want a ton of time and money going into it.

I agree with Kisnei, and one of the main reasons I liked HW is that it is an action-focused Zelda, while I prefer the way less action-oriented approach to the main chapters. I also think that the combat in Zelda is really well studied, usually (talking about the 3D Zelda, of course). Let's say that I hope for a HW sequel ;p
In Zelda U I could welcom some slighlty more action sequence and some slighlty more ephatized "final move".

Seconded. I actually hated her the first time I tried her out, but once I upgraded her combos, holy crap, she's probably my favorite character.

Yes, and the upgrade things should really be taken into consideration before the final judgement on a character, imho.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

Combat is the most tedious part in all the recent releases of console Zelda. Like almost frustrating in some points. And combat is a big enough part of Zelda, otherwise there would be no bosses and Ganondorf wouldn't be one of the best characters within the series.

Edit: I'm not talking about having more fighting in Zelda, but making the fighting more fluid. You don't need a lot of combos or special moves, I'll take 2-3 moves like in HW. Fluid, nice sword fight at list

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Combat is the most tedious part in all the recent releases of console Zelda. Like almost frustrating in some points. And combat is a big enough part of Zelda, otherwise there would be no bosses and Ganondorf wouldn't be one of the best characters within the series.

But Zelda bosses are great, imho.
As I said before, let's say that maybe we could see more action studied approach to the normal enemies, maybe. But I really hope that the exploration and puzzle elements stay way more relevant than action outsiede bosses.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
But Zelda bosses are great, imho.

Yes, they are. Link is the one that I have issues with. :D

And read above, I added some more, I don't want more fighting, I want better fighting, that's all.

Edit: And I'm not talking from memory, I had recently a Zelda run and played again through WW (HD), Twilight Princess and SS.

I must be the only one that really hated that final boss! Hookshotting his tail was way harder than it needed to be... or I guess I just suck!

Zarovitch

I think i've miss something or i'm not enough far in the game.

When the online stuff will appear now that i have a lot of gaf friends?

Anbec7

So far loving the game! Also no more freezes or hard locks so I guess is that world which I don't remember now LOL
I haven't been able to play like I wanted :( damn you responsabilities!
Unpopular opinion I like Fi and her charge for the mechanics, so far I think Sheik is more badass.

Just a question, remember that I haven't advanced a lot but what is this about playing against your online friends? is it a mode when you finish the game?

Soodanim

Yes, they are. Link is the one that I have issues with. :D

And read above, I added some more, I don't want more fighting, I want better fighting, that's all.

Edit: And I'm not talking from memory, I had recently a Zelda run and played again through WW (HD), Twilight Princess and SS.
I'm not sure about that. It could be quite divisive to take even a small page out of HW's book. That said, perhaps you're thinking of something different to what I'm thinking of. Any move given to Link would need to be toned the hell down, which would essentially make them what they were in Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, where some of it comes from.

Edit: I'm not talking about having more fighting in Zelda, but making the fighting more fluid. You don't need a lot of combos or special moves, I'll take 2-3 moves like in HW. Fluid, nice sword fight at list

I agree that combat in Zelda games would benefit from at least a small boost.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I'm not sure about that. It could be quite divisive to take even a small page out of HW's book. That said, perhaps you're thinking of something different to what I'm thinking of. Any move given to Link would need to be toned the hell down, which would essentially make them what they were in Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, where some of it comes from.

If you look at the trailer from E3 for Zelda U, that move when Link jumps from the horse to shoot with the arrow looks a lot like a special move from HW and anyhow beyond the previous Zelda games.

Anbec7

So GAF what controller do you use? I mainly used the gamepad but after waiting for it to charge and everything I switched to the Pro controller and oh god thank you battery life!
It's odd looking down and not seeing the Life bars and status from the battlefield

So GAF what controller do you use? I mainly used the gamepad but after waiting for it to charge and everything I switched to the Pro controller and oh god thank you battery life!
It's odd looking down and not seeing the Life bars and status from the battlefield

I use the pro controller for almost all Wii U games. It's great. Keep the gamepad on a couch-table in front of you in its charging station. This way you'll have all the gamepad functionalities and touch screen while using the pro controller too.

TheMoon

Which one of Fiery Aeralfos and Moblins are weak to bombs?

aeralfos is hookshot, not bombs. for obvious reasons. (air = pull down with hookshot)

pro controller all day err'day (at least until it's off-tv time^^). not sure why you'd want to use anything else for this game if you own one. I never once looked on the touch screen when using the gamepad while the pro controller was charing one day.

mainly pro controller, I also place the gamepad besides me just to keep track of allies life bars

I started the game today. Fun and addicting, but why didn't anyone say the framerate is so bad? It's constantly struggling at 20-25, it really detracts from enjoynment of the game beacause it gets easily unresponsive and makes it quite fatiguing for me to play after half an hour, I get my eyes crossing... Graphics are good and animations are also nicely done, but are again so hard to see with such a poor framerate.

upandaway

Moved into Pro Controller here too. I nearly knocked over a class of water because of playing with the gamepad charged in. The Pro is also way more comfortable.

I started the game today. Fun and addicting, but why didn't anyone say the framerate is so bad? It's constantly struggling at 20-25, it really detracts from enjoynment of the game beacause it gets easily unresponsive and makes it quite fatiguing for me to play after half an hour, I get my eyes crossing... Graphics are good and animations are also nicely done, but are again so hard to see with such a poor framerate.

Really? Frame rate was never a problem for me. I mean, I know it dips a bit every now and then, but most of the time I can barely notice it. Are you playing the disc version?

ohlawd

except framerate is one of the primary complaints everyone has.

NeonZ

I've finally unlocked the
power of evil's bane
for the Master Sword! I really wanted to get this done before the Master Quest DLC was out. Now, I just need to gather the remaining Skulltulas and Heart Containers.

I love the game, but the technical performance is pretty uneven. Anyway, it has been mentioned before quite a few times, just never blew up past acknowledgment of the issue. It all depends on the stage and enemies present too (co-op also impacts the performance).

Seik

Banned

IIRC, not too long after the Japanese release, he talked about how surprised he was with the heavy amount of feedback from the fans loving the cutscenes in Hyrule Warriors, specifically.

Maybe we'll get more epic, action-oriented cutscenes than ever before for Zelda U? I'd be totally ok with this as I loved the cutscenes as well. :p

kunonabi

Wiimote/nunchuk. Don't own a pro controller since I don't like throwing money away.

ohlawd

is there any way to lower chances of getting a weapon?

I'm sitting here farming Argorok and Imprisoned and I've gotten more weapon drops than not. Probably sitting at 20 kills each and about 30 of those drops were weapons. I don't suppose skills that affect a weapon's number of slots or stars also have a hidden effect like improving weapon drops? -_-

I use materials+, of course.

except framerate is one of the primary complaints everyone has.

LOL ok, I must not have paid much attention, fact is I expected at least a 30 or so fps experience. First impression is terrible. I wanted to expel the disc instantly on remorse; luckily then I find I like the game's mechanics and flow quite a lot, so I'm having great fun now.

StAidan

IIRC, not too long after the Japanese release, he talked about how surprised he was with the heavy amount of feedback from the fans loving the cutscenes in Hyrule Warriors, specifically.

Maybe we'll get more epic, action-oriented cutscenes than ever before for Zelda U? I'd be totally ok with this as I loved the cutscenes as well. :p

There are a number of things Aonuma could learn from HW.

- Shorter, to the point cutscenes
- No 2-3 hour tutorial before getting in on the action
- No block-shuffling or layered switch-pulling puzzles
- Fast combat that makes you feel like a force of nature

If he took just those four lessons from this game, I'm pretty sure it would reverse the series' decline.

LOL ok, I must not have paid much attention, fact is I expected at least a 30 or so fps experience. First impression is terrible. I wanted to expel the disc instantly on remorse; luckily then I find I like the game's mechanics and flow quite a lot, so I'm having great fun now.

Maybe this is why I'm ok with the frame rate, I was instantly hooked by the mechanics. The fact that I struggle to see the differences between 720p and 1080p images shown side by side also helps.

El Odio

Banned
Got up to the
epilogue
levels of legends mode and while I'm not exactly paying too much attention to the story I really like how nice these cutscenes look. No voice acting does hurt a bit but its a Zelda game and I have no idea what side of the fence I sit on on that issue right now.
On the other hand I am not digging Lana's deku stick weapon at all, feels like I can't kill as many enemies with it compared to anything else.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Got up to the
epilogue
levels of legends mode and while I'm not exactly paying too much attention to the story I really like how nice these cutscenes look. No voice acting does hurt a bit but its a Zelda game and I have no idea what side of the fence I sit on on that issue right now.
On the other hand I am not digging Lana's deku stick weapon at all, feels like I can't kill as many enemies with it compared to anything else.

use C6

Top Bottom