• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

FioOT7X.jpg

PERFECT RUN!

I'm loving Ganondorf.

So just use the best ones? You don't have to unlock all of them.

I want to see whats behind the locks so i can get the best possible build for every character. Thats why I want koei to patch in a in game currency method of buying as once all my characters hit level 99 I will have little to no use for that money (which would be coming in by the truckload)

Mugaaz

Liking this game more than most Warriors games.

Only two complaints,

One, while I enjoy there is challenge now, I feel like some of these adventure mode stages are difficult to the point of almost requiring coop.

Two, too many of the bosses are just insane bags of HP. If you don't have the char at a high level its really unfun to have to fight a morale bonused boss for 8 mins straight to deal enough damage.

So when choosing characters to play a stage. One has a thumbs up, the other a heart container filled up. Which is recommended then and what does this means?

kiryogi

Banned
So when choosing characters to play a stage. One has a thumbs up, the other a heart container filled up. Which is recommended then and what does this means?

Thumbs up means most effective on that stage. The Heart Container means they can find a heart container in that stage and only them.

Soodanim

Question: Why is
Ruto
so shit? I might put off her level 3 until I can be bothered to rupee her up another 10 levels. She's already 45ish, but it doesn't seem to be enough. But her moves. Slow, no reach, and despite being on the ground for C3 you still take projectile hits from Poes. And I can't use C5 because she just takes hits then too, despite being a human missile. I want to unlock her weapon then never use her again if at all possible.

Oh, almost forgot. Using her X sometimes rotates her 90°, and couple that with the annoyingly slow and unchangeable camera movement speed, it is not a fun time when I'm her.

I want to go back to being Sheik the God or unbeatable Link for everything.

Fact: the only good water weapon is Impa's Giant Blade.

I want to see whats behind the locks so i can get the best possible build for every character. Thats why I want koei to patch in a in game currency method of buying as once all my characters hit level 99 I will have little to no use for that money (which would be coming in by the truckload)

I was doing that till some days ago when i read each one of the skills 1000ko offered.
Now I throw those ones usually to the bin and only keep the 2000 and 3000ko one (and the 25000 ones of course).

Ruto
so shit? I might put off her level 3 until I can be bothered to rupee her up another 10 levels. She's already 45ish, but it doesn't seem to be enough. But her moves. Slow, no reach, and despite being on the ground for C3 you still take projectile hits from Poes. And I can't use C5 because she just takes hits then too, despite being a human missile. I want to unlock her weapon then never use her again if at all possible.

Oh, almost forgot. Using her X sometimes rotates her 90°, and couple that with the annoyingly slow and unchangeable camera movement speed, it is not a fun time when I'm her.

I want to go back to being Sheik the God or unbeatable Link for everything.

Fact: the only good water weapon is Impa's Giant Blade.
Becuase you dont know how to control her by what you are saying. She is one of the best characters in the game.
If you are taking hits with YYYYYX you are playing it wrong. Have you thought starting to use the combo before you arrive into the group of commanders and grunts instead of inside it? That helps a bunch, in fact the best thing for ruto is to keep a distance at all times. YYYYYX, back off, X.
Then use YYYYYY for bosses.

Soodanim

Becuase you dont know how to control her by what you are saying. She is one of the best characters in the game.
If you are taking hits with YYYYYX you are playing it wrong. Have you thought starting to use the combo before you arrive into the group of commanders and grunts instead of inside it? That helps a bunch, in fact the best thing for ruto is to keep a distance at all times. YYYYYX, back off, X.
Then use YYYYYY for bosses.
C6, the wave, is fine. It's one of the ones I use, and that's how I use it. That and the occasional C3 when no one is looking at me, as it's faster and has a longer range. Speaking of range, her special has none. So slow and bugger all reach.

Effect

45 hours in and counting... my wife can't stand the characters screaming anymore. I hope I can finish Adventure Mode before my marriage is ruined, but it's highly unlikely.

Easy fix. Plug headphones into the gamepad, turn it's volume up and mute the TV. Problem solved. You get to keep playing and have a happy wife.

Im near the 200 hours lol

140 hours

Wow, you guys are unbelievable! Why can't we be neighbors?

Easy fix. Plug headphones into the gamepad, turn it's volume up and mute the TV. Problem solved. You get to keep playing and have a happy wife.

GamePad headphone jack saves marriages confirmed. Love the damn thing.

There's only one thing right now that's more dangerous to my marriage then the characters screaming; that's shutting myself out with headphones for hours! ^_^

Destiny_Lord

Neo Member
I could use some help.
On the battle of the triforce level, how do i defeat Link and Zelda? I think i beat them 8 times but they just keep recovering. Is it a bug?

I could use some help.
On the battle of the triforce level, how do i defeat Link and Zelda? I think i beat them 8 times but they just keep recovering. Is it a bug?

They must be dead at the same time. Weaken Link, then weaken Zelda and finally kill them both quickly.

Okay, so I just realized that Sheik is also amazing against big bosses, because while waiting for them to do their bullshit you can just use the light power to build up all three special attack bars, and then when their weak point is up just spam three special attacks in a row. No question about it at all, Sheik is easily the best character in the game for every single scenario.

Also I've stopped using item cards for levels that give an extra piece of heart or heart container when searched. Stop caring for those really, it's just a heart (which is weird to say, in a Legend of Zelda game I would get all of them). Only use my cards for weapons and characters right now. As such I've gotten myself a little stash.

Speaking of characters, I just unlocked Zant. He seems really fun to play as. Turning into a whirlwind is really cool. Gotta watch out not to get confused when fighting though. He seems more like a character you play for fun, rather than a character who you can rely on in difficult fights.

Im near the 200 hours lol

Wow, damn.

Fandangox

Okay, so I just realized that Sheik is also amazing against big bosses, because while waiting for them to do their bullshit you can just use the light power to build up all three special attack bars, and then when their weak point is up just spam three special attacks in a row. No question about it at all, Sheik is easily the best character in the game for every single scenario.

That's exactly what I have been saying lol

bobohoro

Speaking of characters, I just unlocked Zant. He seems really fun to play as. Turning into a whirlwind is really cool. Gotta watch out not to get confused when fighting though. He seems more like a character you play for fun, rather than a character who you can rely on in difficult fights.

Don't underestimate the Zant! While you have to commit to attacks more with him, since some laughing can't be dash cancelled, he has great crowd control and high damage. You can keep his charges going with more button presses, until his gauge blinks red. If you overdo it you get dizzy. His giant stomp move, or the hop-to-blast, can clear grunts in the hundreds with this and they deal decent damage against officers. And his energy discharge C1 just rips through enemy waves. Only thing he really is bad at is giant enemies and depleting their weakness gauge.

Played Link's final weapon for the first time today, the body count went way high. Camera is wonky and aiming pretty akward, but taking no damage with charge moves and having the power and range of specials with nearly every strong attack makes up for that. Really fun weapon/character to use.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Ruto

Ruto's C2 demolishes Officer weak point gauges, maybe bosses. C3 is a safe attack that you can't get hit with mostly. C1 is crowd clearer and is much safer then C6 which can be good for crowds but mostly grunts. Standard combo good for bosses in general. Main source of viable damage.

C4 leaves her open to attack sometimes, and C5 is rather situational. Looks graceful though.

Sheik is good for Harp gimmicks and of course speed, and Link is all around top tier since when the DLC hits he'll have a powerful Master Sword/Hylian Sword set with great spin to win, range with the Rod, more power and moderate speed with the Gauntlets, a slow but powerful something with AoE attacks, and now a horse which looks really good as well.

Meeps

Agreed. I'm spending the weekend with Smash Bros, got every character and stage unlocked. I think tomorrow evening I'll return to Hyrule Warriors to finish out Legend Mode. After that I can just alternate between HW Adventure Mode and Smash Bros... until Fantasy Life comes out, anyway.

Just finished doing the same. Every other For Glory 1v1 match is ruined by lag, so I think I've had enough for now. For some reason I'm enjoying endlessly grinding in Hyrule Warriors more.

Wow, you guys are unbelievable! Why can't we be neighbors?

Lol dont know if its something to be proud for.
Still, it was money well spent, I had an amazing (and still have) time with it, and Im sure to buy some other good disnaty/samurai warriors in the future as they seem to be my jam.

C6, the wave, is fine. It's one of the ones I use, and that's how I use it. That and the occasional C3 when no one is looking at me, as it's faster and has a longer range. Speaking of range, her special has none. So slow and bugger all reach.

Thast the problem I have, I still dont know which combo numbers are called even with so many hours playing. I always called them for the button presses I do, so thats why somebody says C5 I dont know if they are talking about the usful combo of that character or the one that is bad lol

Anteo

I just beat the final boss, and I was using Zelda, holy shit.

This game destroys Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess.

The final boss was really cool
Like really using all the tools for ganon/final boss should have been in a Zelda game a long time ago.

TheMoon

Just beat Legend Mode ... tried the 1st mission again on the freshly unlocked Hero difficulty. Holy fuckballs. I won't touch that unless I'm level 99 or something lol. Everything takes forever.

As for those second skulltulas, is the activation condition still 1000 KOs? Obviously aside from going into the stage with the required character & weapon?

Also, how do I unlock that "???????" weapon for Link? When the game launched in JP there was some huge spoiler floating around for an endgame weapon. I assume this is it? But I assumed you get it for beating the game but I didn't get anything other than the question mark entry. Can someone explain without spoiling it for others?

There's only one thing right now that's more dangerous to my marriage then the characters screaming; that's shutting myself out with headphones for hours! ^_^

Then ...umm... give her the headphones? :D

If you have earplugs, why not just use those then? Only put one in. It's not like the game is some acoustic tour de force :D

one_kill

The first reward map is great. Lots of good materials and leveling is fast.
Is there a reward map that allows you to get materials dropped by bosses?

Just beat Legend Mode ... tried the 1st mission again on the freshly unlocked Hero difficulty. Holy fuckballs. I won't touch that unless I'm level 99 or something lol. Everything takes forever.

As for those second skulltulas, is the activation condition still 1000 KOs? Obviously aside from going into the stage with the required character & weapon?

Also, how do I unlock that "???????" weapon for Link? When the game launched in JP there was some huge spoiler floating around for an endgame weapon. I assume this is it? But I assumed you get it for beating the game but I didn't get anything other than the question mark entry. Can someone explain without spoiling it for others?
For the second skulltula, you need to do certain objectives. Before starting a scenario, look at the battlefield info or something and it should give you a clue as to what you need to do.

As for the weapon, you need to do Adventure Mode.

Amani

Looking at the above posts, I too, need to play Ruto a bit better. That kill 700 enemies mission in Eldin Caves is kinda giving me trouble.

Had to take a break for a few days. Going to dive back in to the Adventure Map! I'm coming for you, Agitha and Ghirahim.

I didn't care much for Ruto when I was using her, but I'll try the tips you guys have been giving. I want to like her.

Just started Adventure Mode, add me please: SammySamusu

Added.

That fight was awesome. Also, something about completing it with Zelda made it extra special (you would never see that shit in a mainline game).

I was expecting it to be against
Ganon
, but I wasn't expecting it to be that awesome. What a great end to Legend Mode.

Effect

Making my way through adventure mode now after finishing Legend mode.I agree it was a good end to the story. As I play through I'm wondering if I really want to put in the high score all the maps. Completing them isn't really a problem but there are so many unlocks and special conditions for those unlocks at that. Kinda overwhelming in a way and there are three more coming!?

Perhaps I need to just focus myself on one task and stick with that for the time being and not worry about trying to get everything all at once. So I'm trying to focus on just getting the missing characters and the weapons in the area I am in. Seem to be going right up the middle. So right now I have the
Gauntlet
and looking at tackling the stage that gets me
Ruto
after completing the search function on it. Would like to at least have the characters and different weapons before the DLC starts hitting.

Or would it be better to tackle trying to fully complete a single stage, as much as I can, and then move on to the next one?

For the second skulltula, you need to do certain objectives. Before starting a scenario, look at the battlefield info or something and it should give you a clue as to what you need to do.

As for the weapon, you need to do Adventure Mode.

Fyi: you don't have to do it before you start, you can pause the game at any time and view loads of information.

Seriously, all newcomers here should just get acquainted with the pause menu. Go through all of it so you know what information you have there.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/2812626/that-s-amazing-o.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

It's only one addition level per finished picture, nothing special really.

[quote="ShogunDarius, post: 133072577"]hhow did those people I see with Network links hit level 99 so quickly?[/QUOTE]

Japan?

NeonZ

Making my way through adventure mode now after finishing Legend mode.I agree it was a good end to the story. As I play through I'm wondering if I really want to put in the high score all the maps. Completing them isn't really a problem but there are so many unlocks and special conditions for those unlocks at that. Kinda overwhelming in a way and there are three more coming!?

Perhaps I need to just focus myself on one task and stick with that for the time being and not worry about trying to get everything all at once. So I'm trying to focus on just getting the missing characters and the weapons in the area I am in. Seem to be going right up the middle. So right now I have the
Gauntlet
and looking at tackling the stage that gets me
Ruto
after completing the search function on it. Would like to at least have the characters and different weapons before the DLC starts hitting.

Or would it be better to tackle trying to fully complete a single stage, as much as I can, and then move on to the next one?

I think you should focus on more immediate goals, like the characters, then weapons. The others will come along the way since A ranks will often be necessary just for those.

Top Bottom