• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

TheMoon

Really? Frame rate was never a problem for me. I mean, I know it dips a bit every now and then, but most of the time I can barely notice it. Are you playing the disc version?

Framerate was completely fine for me throughout the entire game. Didn't impact me at all. If I were to review the game, I wouldn't even mention it since I already forgot there were occasionally some rare dips during certain moments.

Cause Tecmo-Koei wanted to make their own characters for some reason.

Because every Zelda game has unique characters and unique villains?

"This game has too few characters, why can't I play as [long list]."
"This game has too many characters, I just wanna play as these two."
"Why does this game have new characters?"
"Why are Nintendo games never original?"

Nintendo fans.

emb

Cause Tecmo-Koei wanted to make their own characters for some reason.
I felt like she got way too much screen time and too many weapons compared to some of the Zelda characters that I was more excited to play as. Her default weapon was super fun though, so I can't hate her. :) And I still haven't gotten the 3rd one yet, so no idea how well it's gonna work.

I do like that most of the original characters were kinda reminiscent of Zelda.

Volga -> Volvagia
Lana -> (La)Nayru
Wizzro -> Wizzrobe

Nintendo fans.

who is to say those are all the same people

ShinMaruku

Why do I have to play as this blue haired anime girl?

I was having fun playing as Sheik and Link.
ihn5fFDJgXjPg.gif

Mesoian

Nintendo fans.

Right?

Kinsei

Banned
I felt like she got way too much screen time and too many weapons compared to some of the Zelda characters that I was more excited to play as. Her default weapon was super fun though, so I can't hate her. :) And I still haven't gotten the 3rd one yet, so no idea how well it's gonna work.

Volga -> Volvagia
Lana -> (La)Nayru
Wizzro -> Wizzrobe

Volga is more like an inferior Onox than Volvagia.
How is Lana like Nayru at all?

you guys will change your mind when you get Lana's Summoning Gate.

best animations, pretty much best everything

I have the summoning gate. Having fun weapons doesn't change the fact that she is a shit character.

emb

Volga is more like an inferior Onox than Volvagia.
How is Lana like Nayru at all?
Strained connections, sure.

Volga from the similar name, fire motif, and I think his opening cutscene (and one of his attacks) has a fire dragon. It's enough for me to believe the things I want. :p

Lana and Nayru for similarly tenuous reasons. Nayru was called Lanayru in Twilight Princess, and Lana is similar-ish to that. Her main color is blue, like Nayru in Ages. And she uses these crystalline cubes and walls in her attacks, which remind me of Nayru's Love.

boxter432

LOL ok, I must not have paid much attention, fact is I expected at least a 30 or so fps experience. First impression is terrible. I wanted to expel the disc instantly on remorse; luckily then I find I like the game's mechanics and flow quite a lot, so I'm having great fun now.

Maybe its b/c I grew up on N64 games, but I don't find any issues with the frame rate at all. I know its not smooth 60 obviously, but even if it slows a bit, I don't mind it that much. sometimes I even smile and think "there is a shitton of stuff going on on the screen right now!"

bobohoro

meh those idol poses will be the death of me

Especially when posing in the middle of several enraged officers.

That bit on autocollection weapons and materials is kinda iffy. At least for me, tried it and I'm pretty sure nothing got collected in the end, at least on challenge maps. Did I just imagine things, was it added with the patches in Japan or did someone make a mistake?

And I didn't use the Deku Spear C6 for the longest time, didn't even know it existed, but boy did it change the weapon from worst to at least decent. And it looks awesome.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Will the upgrades I put on my warriors in Legend Mode follow to Adventure Mode? Same with weapons, materials and heart pieces/containers?

emb

Will the upgrades I put on my warriors in Legend Mode follow to Adventure Mode? Same with weapons, materials and heart pieces/containers?
Yes! Upgrades and weapons carry across all the modes, as far as I know. (Unless Challenge mode is randomly different.)

Kinsei

Banned
Strained connections, sure.

Volga from the similar name, fire motif, and I think his opening cutscene (and one of his attacks) has a fire dragon. It's enough for me to believe the things I want. :p

Lana and Nayru for similarly tenuous reasons. Nayru was called Lanayru in Twilight Princess, and Lana is similar-ish to that. Her main color is blue, like Nayru in Ages. And she uses these crystalline cubes and walls in her attacks, which remind me of Nayru's Love.

His fire dragon looks more like Onox's dragon form to me.

Onox
2374_original.png

Volga
pc_vol_01.jpg

Volvagia
Volvagia_Artwork.png

Effect

Have tried not collecting items as well and it doesn't seem like things are being collected in the end. The list of materials is shorter then before when I have tried seeing if the game auto collects the items.

TreIII

I felt like she got way too much screen time and too many weapons compared to some of the Zelda characters that I was more excited to play as.

This, plus the fact that she really came off as a long-lost Qiao sister, straight from the DW Side. I would have sooner given one of her weapons to Zelda, if only so I would have had to see less of her.

I suppose it was expected that I was going to hate at least one of Koei's OCs, as I'm certainly digging Cia, Volga and Wizzro's playstyles well enough.

So anyway, has anyone thought of the fact that four of the playable characters are princesses
(Princess of Hyrule, Princess of Zoras, Twilight Princess & (self-proclaimed) Princess of Insects
? I think it's kind of funny how almost every female character Nintendo makes is some sort of princess.

Have tried not collecting items as well and it doesn't seem like things are being collected in the end. The list of materials is shorter then before when I have tried seeing if the game auto collects the items.

Nah, it works. If you're getting less than expected, it might be because you've hit the 99 item limit for the easiest materials. Took me a while before I noticed that, so now I make sure to spend 20 useless materials on a basic potion before most battles.

Mesoian

So anyway, has anyone thought of the fact that four of the playable characters are princesses
(Princess of Hyrule, Princess of Zoras, Twilight Princess & (self-proclaimed) Princess of Insects
? I think it's kind of funny how almost every female character Nintendo makes is some sort of princess.

Nah, it works. If you're getting less than expected, it might be because you've hit the 99 item limit for the easiest materials. Took me a while before I noticed that, so now I make sure to spend 20 useless materials on a basic potion before most battles.

Nintendo knows the power of a disney princess-esque line up. They could capture the girls 5-12 market tomorrow if they wanted to.

But they don't want to.

Sadist

Lana is fun. Her spear moves are a bit hard at first, but abusing the ice smash move will grant a lot of ko's. (Plus it really hurts enemies like Dinolfos and Stahlords)

Another character which is pretty cool is Zant. His weird pause moments after an attack are suckish, but he's fun to play with.

emb

His fire dragon looks more like Onox's dragon form to me.
Fair enough. The horns and body shape look more like Onox, but the fact that he's on fire really helps push towards looking like Volvagia. I'll just start imagining that he's a mix of the two.

ohlawd

Especially when posing in the middle of several enraged officers.
I joked about this a while ago. It sorta helps she gets that invincibility shield when bringing the extra firepower.

now Agitha, I wish she had the same shield for all her combos and shit.

Kinsei

Banned

Volga -> Volvagia
Lana -> (La)Nayru
Wizzro -> Wizzrobe

I should mention that I'm fine with Wizzro. It feels like T-K wanted someone to embody the creepier parts of Zelda, but there were no pre-existing characters they could use. My only complaint about him is that none of his moves summon the hands from the Dead Hand fights in OoT.

Anth0ny

Nintendo fans.

yes that's what I said

I remember playing through all of One Piece Musou with Luffy exclusively. I had fun with that. I would have liked the option to play as Sheik exclusively in this game... or at the very least, Zelda characters. blue hair girl ain't a Zelda character. I don't like her moveset either.

I think I could play this stage as Midna too... ugh. UGH.

Soodanim

you guys will change your mind when you get Lana's Summoning Gate.

best animations, pretty much best everything
I got that last night, and although it's amusing once, it seems like the most gimmicky weapon in the game. I see it almost as an easter egg. Either that or appealing to people that like cutesy animated girls. And I can't seem to reproduce some of her moves, is there an element of randomness to it? I made 3 Dodongos appear instead of one, and I somehow rode a what's his name dragon for a bit.

Maybe its b/c I grew up on N64 games, but I don't find any issues with the frame rate at all. I know its not smooth 60 obviously, but even if it slows a bit, I don't mind it that much. sometimes I even smile and think "there is a shitton of stuff going on on the screen right now!"
I do the same sometimes, and I always did it as a kid. I saw framerate drops as a sign of crazy action and liked it.

Framerate was completely fine for me throughout the entire game. Didn't impact me at all. If I were to review the game, I wouldn't even mention it since I already forgot there were occasionally some rare dips during certain moments.
Oddly, I didn't notice it during Legends. But since I started Adventure, I have. Not horrible, but clear drops to at least 20.

jmizzal

In Adventure mode, there is a spot where a rock is in the water sparkling how to you bomb it?

I put the raft up there and it didnt do anything

El Odio

Banned
I can't dislike Lana, that book of sorcery is just too damn fun. I just got the combo that lets you ride around on the magic cube and it's so much fun.

ohlawd

I got that last night, and although it's amusing once, it seems like the most gimmicky weapon in the game. I see it almost as an easter egg. Either that or appealing to people that like cutesy animated girls. And I can't seem to reproduce some of her moves, is there an element of randomness to it? I made 3 Dodongos appear instead of one, and I somehow rode a what's his name dragon for a bit.
the summons are random. could summon like ten Manhandla in a row cuz RNG babeh

gist of it is after a summon, you can add on to the combo attack that summons the same monster. let's say you got Gohma to pop up from C1. Do XXXYY and you'll summon Gohma and it'll use its standard horizontal beam sweep. Afterwards, two Gohma will pop up and do another set of attacks.

in other words, the combo you do has to match the icon underneath the musou gauge if you want to perform the additional attacks of that summon,. Argorok is the best summon since it wrecks everything when Lana controls one to move around with.

Coda

Man I'm having trouble beating the third epilogue chapter where you have to beat Link and Zelda as Ganondolf and they both keep coming back to life. Either I eventually die in the allied keep they're trying to take with the triforce or the keep eventually falls.

I've played the whole game on hard so far. Any tips?

Man I'm having trouble beating the third epilogue chapter where you have to beat Link and Zelda as Ganondolf and they both keep coming back to life. Either I eventually die in the allied keep they're trying to take with the triforce or the keep eventually falls.

This part took me a while, too (was also playing on hard the whole game). Here's what I wound up doing:

As soon as both characters appear, start wailing on Zelda until she reaches about 10-15% health. Then go after Link (hopefully he won't have reached your main base yet). Zelda should continue advancing up the field while you're fighting him, and when he goes down you should have plenty of time to sprint over to Zelda's new position and finish her off before Link revives.

jimi_dini

kill both at the same time. You can make it easier by just getting them both to 1/3 of their health and then killing them fast. They will revive each other otherwise

Coda

This part took me a while, too (was also playing on hard the whole game). Here's what I wound up doing:

As soon as both characters appear, start wailing on Zelda until she reaches about 10-15% health. Then go after Link (hopefully he won't have reached your main base yet). Zelda should continue advancing up the field while you're fighting him, and when he goes down you should have plenty of time to sprint over to Zelda's new position and finish her off before Link revives.

Ahh, thanks. I was thinking that might be the case.

Sadist

Oh lol... I didn't know Club Nintendo gave you a code for a costume set if you registered HW!

Got the Demon Lord(?) costume, so his OoT I guess.

Top Bottom