• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Thinking of buying this today. Is it worth it content wise? Also lol I wish there was a higher quality video of Lana being chased by cuccos. All of them look distorted even at 720p. Shoot would love to avatar that :p

I can't say for sure whether you'll enjoy the game or not, but you bet there's lots of content in this baby.

Mononoke

Banned
I can't say for sure whether you'll enjoy the game or not, but you bet there's lots of content in this baby.

I love Dynasty Warriors. Just wanted to make sure this was a full game with a ton of content before I dropped $60. Zelda is also one of my favorite series. So I think I'll love this.

ohlawd

woot got all weapons but now there's a dumb jingle every time I get to the overworld map.

I've wasted 90 hours on this shit and I don't even think it's that great. It's like... the best 7/10 game ever. Got my $55 worth tho.

Coda

I love Dynasty Warriors. Just wanted to make sure this was a full game with a ton of content before I dropped $60. Zelda is also one of my favorite series. So I think I'll love this.

It's honestly one of the only Dynasty Warriors games I could keep playing for quite some time. The other Dynasty Warriors games just bored me after about an hour or so. This one has a lot more fluid and flashy combat animations that run super smooth. It's definitely worth the 60 bucks if you are into hack 'n slash games and there is plenty to unlock and upgrade. I think everyone agrees that there are many characters to play and all have fun moves and abilities. Impa will forever be my favorite though.

Just don't be surprised when you start to battle the same bosses over and over again and running all around the map to different keeps just defeating keep bosses and enemy after enemy.

Did you even read a single comment in this thread? You'll probably be bored of the game long before you 100% it. 100% should take at least 100 hours, probably way more.

Sadist

Yeuy, defeated the Dark Ruler in Adventure Mode. Only a few more squares to unlock and I've got the complete Adventure Map. Now for the Skulltula's and everyone's lvl 3 weapon... oh man.

Er sorry. Didn't mean to offend.

Haha, you're going to have to try harder if you want to offend me.

You say you love Dynasty Warriors and that Zelda is one of your favourite series, and the game is full of content, so I'm mostly confused why you don't have the game already.

Mononoke

Banned
Haha, you're going to have to try harder if you want to offend me.

You say you love Dynasty Warriors and that Zelda is one of your favourite series, and the game is full of content, so I'm mostly confused why you don't have the game already.

lol Jesus Christ you sure are off putting. I don't even. Sorry again for making my post. Wouldn't have done so if I knew it would cause such a hassle.

Fandangox

Yeuy, defeated the Dark Ruler in Adventure Mode. Only a few more squares to unlock and I've got the complete Adventure Map. Now for the Skulltula's and everyone's lvl 3 weapon... oh man.

Who is the dark ruler? I unlocked pretty much all squares except the two left of the "go alone, despite the danger" since I haven't played that mission yet, and I haven't seen any "dark ruler" I know the game mentions it though.

Or is it referring to that 3 boss battle with ganondorf against Ghomma, King Dodongo, and Ganon?

TheMoon

Who is the dark ruler? I unlocked pretty much all squares except the two left of the "go alone, despite the danger" since I haven't played that mission yet, and I haven't seen any "dark ruler" I know the game mentions it though.

Or is it referring to that 3 boss battle with ganondorf against Ghomma, King Dodongo, and Ganon?

WHO COULD IT BE! :D

ohlawd

nah, not the one in your spoiler tag.

should be 1-F.

The only thing im going to say before I sleep is fuck darunia level 3 weapon stage.
Ive gain 8 levels trying to beat the freaking stage and still not rank a in sight.
Spawning the never ending fat moblins stage.
Good luck, maybe a general kills ganondorf and you only have to deal against zelda and another 4 fat moblins! And while you are trying to save Midnas ass the game will take away your bases and start spawning fat moblins again.
IS THE CICLE OF FAT MOBLINS, THAT IT NEVER ENDS!

Coda

The only thing im going to say before I sleep is fuck darunia level 3 weapon stage.
Ive gain 8 levels trying to beat the freaking stage and still not rank a in sight.
Spawning the never ending fat moblins stage.
Good luck, maybe a general kills ganondorf and you only have to deal against zelda and another 4 fat moblins! And while you are trying to save Midnas ass the game will take away your bases and start spawning fat moblins again.
IS THE CICLE OF FAT MOBLINS, THAT IT NEVER ENDS!

Fat moblins are the worst.

Dreavus

So on Zant's lvl 2 weapon mission...

Is there any way to make the cucco leave you alone? One spawns after the bombchus and just follows me right in the middle of a giant army storming my base. Zant has a lot of big AoE attacks so its hard to not hit him and enrage them, then I'm screwed.

EDIT: I have tried to make the enemies hit it, but that does nothing even after several dozen hits. Maybe I'm missing something here.

Phil S.

Banned
I'm really, and I mean REALLY, loving this game. My first and really only Musou-style experience was with Dynasty Warriors Gundam, and my main issue with that game is not present with Hyrule Warriors. I don't feel like I'm doing much that is repetitive. I remember in Gundam that you had to play each character's story missions, and they were basically the same concepts, same mobile suit bosses to worry about, relatively boring environments, etc.

With Hyrule Warriors, I'm digging the nods to the Zelda franchise-- finding pieces of heart, taking down bosses when they get vulnerable with specific items, L targeting, the adventure mode, how varied levels are, etc.

I don't know much about what fellow friends can help you with-- all I know is that it's for Adventure Mode-- so I'd love help if I can get it. I know there's no online co-op, so no worries there.

NNID: Phil32

(If you send me a request, just lemme know you're from GAF and for Hyrule Warriors.)

:)

Arent fat moblins easy to do with bombs and juggling them?

Nah, thats what the game wants you to think. Its not really that good to begin with.
Also darunia is shit doing damage with normal Y combos.

EDIT
Just got rank A in the darunia weapon 3 level. Since yesterday he went up from 50 to 65 trying to do it. I did it with 4 seconds on the clock and a quarter of heart more to get B.
Infinite spawning fat moblins can eat a sack full of dicks.

darkmagus

I finally managed to play the game again and unlocked Ghirahim. also accepted a lot of friends request, sorry i took so long (Smash is taking all my free time lol)

NeonZ

I'm only missing one image now, due to the 2nd Skulltulas from Legend mode. I've gotten every single Skulltula from Adventure mode, only missing some heart containers now. Anyway, I really don't get how Koei got the Adventure mode so right after messing up Conquest and Ambition mode in Dynasty Warriors 7 and 8. Although I haven't played Samurai Warriors 4 yet, so maybe they had more success with the side mode there.

Arent fat moblins easy to do with bombs and juggling them?

That can be done, but it's not really that useful due to how annoying it is to hit with bombs in the first place - it's also pretty useless if there's more than one at once. Bombs can also break their charge before the spinning attack though, and send them directly to their weak point. But, yet, again, most of the time it's better to just wait for them to expose themselves.

georly

get all the weapons. ALL.

every level of everyone's weapons; lvl 1, 2, and 3

Whaaaaaaa lvl 1 2 and 3? I was hoping i could once i got link's final weapon ;_;

This game is going to drain my soul.

Also, I have no friends. Anyone wanna add me? I'm not at my WiiU

NNID: ALinkToThePast

Dreavus

So on Zant's lvl 2 weapon mission...

Is there any way to make the cucco leave you alone? One spawns after the bombchus and just follows me right in the middle of a giant army storming my base. Zant has a lot of big AoE attacks so its hard to not hit him and enrage them, then I'm screwed.

EDIT: I have tried to make the enemies hit it, but that does nothing even after several dozen hits. Maybe I'm missing something here.

Finally beat this mission.

I didn't find a way to get rid of the cucco, but just had to play it safe by doing wide loops when approaching enemies, and using lots of vanilla combos to avoid hitting it in a fight. That bird REALLY shouldn't follow you around, it just makes the map tedious to fight through.

Seik

Banned
Whaaaaaaa lvl 1 2 and 3? I was hoping i could once i got link's final weapon ;_;

I'll add you when I'll be back from work later tonight.

If anyone wants to add me, here's my NNID: Seik666

Barely touched the adventure mode yet, though I'm done with Legendary, but I still need to find all the Skulltulas and pieces of heart.

Trevelyan

Banned

I'm gonna add you tonight once I'm home. NNID is Trevelyan.

bobohoro

Those damn birds really are the thoughest things in this game. Would actually love to play one myself, come on Koei, make it happen!

Tried Darunia's Lv3 today, was pretty fun and also suprisingly close to A-Rank, but will hold off on trying again until he gets to 45/50. Only have 6 or 7 weapon ranks left to unlock, then it's off to clean up hearts and skulltullas. And then the patch and DLC hits. Can't stop playing this game. :D

georly

I'll add you when I'll be back from work later tonight.

If anyone wants to add me, here's my NNID: Seik666

Barely touched the adventure mode yet, though I'm done with Legendary, but I still need to find all the Skulltulas and pieces of heart.

I'm gonna add you tonight once I'm home. NNID is Trevelyan.

Cool, I'll look out for your requests. I have 2 friends who played and neither have made it to adventure mode yet. I wont be able to play til around 9:30PM EST

georly

Midna's BBY is probably my favorite combo in the whole game, especially with Strength III.

Is that where she throws the wolf? The only combo that midna does that I like is when she slams the ground over and over. There are very few characters where I 'get' all their combos. Some of them seem utterly useless to me. Or way way way less effective than many of their other moves.

Fat Goblins are the worst, they took my base while I was there trying to fight them off! :lol

Is that where she throws the wolf? The only combo that midna does that I like is when she slams the ground over and over. There are very few characters where I 'get' all their combos. Some of them seem utterly useless to me. Or way way way less effective than many of their other moves.
Yeah. :)

Finally got to try some co-op with this game yesterday.

My buddy had never played a Dynasty Warriors game before, but once I talked him through the basics of the game we were having a blast. Coordinating our efforts, taking down bosses, and just having fun. We couldn't A Rank a whole lot, since he took quite a bit of damage on some stages, but I can just go back and clean that up later. We unlocked Ghirahim (he hasn't played SS, so he found his introduction a bit odd; got a laugh out of me). Oh and those "Quiz" type maps are hilariously easy with 2 people. We had no trouble A-ranking those.

I'm going back and cleaning up some of those maps we didn't do so well on, and in the map where you get Ghirahim's level 2 weapon, I can't find that 2nd Gold Skulltula. It appears on the map, I go to the general location and hear it's scratching, but can't actually spot it before it flees. Part of that probably has to do with the fact that by that point I'm being hounded by a hundred angry Cuccos and I don't want to sit still very long. I'll try again in a bit.

Top Bottom