• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

bobohoro

Had an interesting glitch happen yesterday. Stormed a keep with Zant using his energy discharge, got interrupted by Impa's introduction scene and afterwards the discharge just would not end. Juggled Impa to death with it for about a minute and a half before dash cancelling out. Need to try it again to see if it's repeatable.

NeonZ

I'm really satisfied by this game.
I've completed the Story mode more than three weeks ago, but with Adventure mode, new combos and characters, DLC contents...I'm still playing it withou it getting boring. And the DLC pan from next week to February sounds awesome.

The item system, rankings, many stages requiring specific charactes, and leaving a few characters and most weapon levels to be unlocked in the Adventure mode were great ideas to make it quite addicting in spite of the lack of a story there and all the reused content.

It's interesting how it's welcomed and praised in spite of it being theoretically similar to the largely panned Conquest Mode from DW7, which lacked some of those features, like rankings and had a proportionally smaller number of character specific stages, with most stages having no incentive to change characters. I'd like to see them incorporate some other ideas from Conquest mode in future Adventure map DLC and a possible sequel though, like stages with story based dialogue (which could be done in the Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess adventure maps, since it's just voiceless text here) and some squares with villages/cities (which could take some inspiration from Zelda's too like other elements of the game).

Tiu Neo

Alright gentlemen, I made this:

So5PFnt.png

What do you think? I put it in the OP too but I actually wasn't sure where to put it. If someone asks about online now though you can just quote that image.

Wait, it's not on by default? I only have one friend that plays the game, but that would explain a lot.

Thanks!

I'm happy to give you guys my NNID for Adventure Mode.

SolidTexture is how you can friend me.

You can add me, if you wish. My id is TiuNeo.

I'll add you at night, if I remember :p

StAidan

Just four missions left in Legend Mode, I think. Tonight I'll be playing as Ganondorf for the first time. I'll barely even get a taste of Adventure Mode before the DLC releases next week :)

Anbec7

50,000! I need dat rupees
OK everyone that have the time please add me LOL I'm still going back and grabing all the names that I can.
NNID: Anbec7

darkmagus

After going very far in Adventure mode, i unlocked Zant. now that i have all the characters, i will focus in getting all the weapons. seems like i will have to play this game for a long time lol

Mesoian

Okay, let's talk drops.

I've been playing this game for about 30 hours and hte highest rated weapon I've gotten is a 295 sword for link. How can I get better drops for other characters? I'm averaging between 80-120 on all weapon drops I've gotten over my last two play sessions.

It feels like I'm doing something wrong.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Whaaaaaat!?

It's pretty clever. So if a character has that benefit it might be wise to hold on to that fairy.

And let's just say a Spirit Focus, Compatriot empowered, Elemental empowered Ganondorf with a 450 attack power weapon added on to his own base attack with Darkness+ stacking up the damage is nothing to scoff at. Death machine incarnate.

RiggyRob

Okay, let's talk drops.

I've been playing this game for about 30 hours and hte highest rated weapon I've gotten is a 295 sword for link. How can I get better drops for other characters? I'm averaging between 80-120 on all weapon drops I've gotten over my last two play sessions.

You could make a Weapon Drop 3 potion with a gold material on the Apothecary, or do levels where the level 3 weapon for Link is the stage's reward (possibly A ranked) - I know that after I unlocked Zant's level 3 weapon I started getting a lot more level 3 weapons for him.

NeonZ

Okay, let's talk drops.

Each weapon has three tiers with different names and designs, each tier also has six variations in power, from zero to five stars. The more stars they have, the stronger they are. However, a second tier weapon without stars will be automatically better than a five star weapon of the previous level. For example, with Link, you start with Knight Sword, but eventually get a White Sword in the Legend mode itself and then can get the 8 bit sword (also in Legend mode) and Magic Sword (in Adventure mode - both are tier 3 weapons for him). A 0 star White Sword is stronger than a 5 star Knight Sword. A 0 star 8 bit Sword or Magic Sword is stronger than a 5 Star White Sword.

You only start getting random drops of the higher tier weapons after getting the first one presented as a sealed weapon- either from a chest in Legend mode (but there are only a few there - Link's sword and shield, Lana's book, Impa's sword, Sheik's harp and Zelda's rapier are the only weapons that have their 2nd tier available in Legend mode itself) or from finishing a weapon stage in the Adventure mode, where most lvl 2 weapons and all lvl 3 weapons are (besides Link's 8 bit sword, which was added to the game by that update we got day one outside of Japan - its stats are identical to the Magic Sword).

StAidan

One thing I don't understand about the weapons I have so far is where the Master Sword fits into Link's arsenal. I know it's a separate weapon class, but does it also have multiple tiers? If not, where does it fit into the general power scale compared to, say, the Knight's Sword class?

One thing I don't understand about the weapons I have so far is where the Master Sword fits into Link's arsenal. I know it's a separate weapon class, but does it also have multiple tiers? If not, where does it fit into the general power scale compared to, say, the Knight's Sword class?

You can check a weapons power when you equip it. Master Sword has 300 attack power before you get the attribute.

Thanks for the friend add.

From what I know, the master sword doesnt have other tiers. You don't unlock the full power until you collect every other weapon tiers for all the other characters.

StAidan

You can check a weapons power when you equip it. Master Sword has 300 attack power before you get the attribute.

Yeah, I saw the 300 power, I guess I'm just wondering whether it's possible to find, say, a 5-star Magical Sword that can out-damage the Master Sword. EDIT: Before the Master Sword's 25K unlock, that is.

NeonZ

Yeah, I saw the 300 power, I guess I'm just wondering whether it's possible to find, say, a 5-star Magical Sword that can out-damage the Master Sword. EDIT: Before the Master Sword's 25K unlock, that is.

A Magic Sword with one or more stars will be stronger than the base Master Sword. However, no weapon surpasses the Master Sword in base power once you unlock its 25k skill - even with their own 25k skills, which work differently. The Master Sword's skill adds 200 to its base power, resulting in 500 power. Meanwhile, the 25k skills of the other weapons raise their base power to 300, then you add up their stars for extra damage, up to a max of 450 with five stars. It boosts even tier 3 weapons by about 30, but it also can be used in lower tier weapons to raise their attack power to that same level, although they'll still generally have less slots than higher tier weapons. In spite of that, it can still be useful if you want to use the weapon skin of a lower tier weapon for some reason though, like boosting the Wind Waker or the Golden Gauntlets to past tier 3 level of power, rather than using the later designs.

Ferrio

Banned
So is hard actually difficult or am I just sucking?

On the 4th mission, and my base falls soon as I get the boss to sprout his vines everywhere. Those idiots can't hold the base worth shit! I don't see how it's possible to go any faster :(.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

On the 4th mission, and my base falls soon as I get the boss to sprout his vines everywhere. Those idiots can't hold the base worth shit! I don't see how it's possible to go any faster :(.
It's challenging at times. Gotta manage what gets to live and die

TheMoon

hard is "normal" to me. glad I didn't play through legend mode on anything lower.

Ferrio

Banned
Then I must be missing something fundamental. Why the hell can't those guys hold off the enemy. Not even halfway through with the boss fight. Maybe I'm underleveled? Haven't used any rupees to train yet.

Then I must be missing something fundamental. Why the hell can't those guys hold off the enemy. Not even halfway through with the boss fight. Maybe I'm underleveled? Haven't used any rupees to train yet.

Make sure you clear out the base that's falling. That is, kill everything around it and keep an eye for warnings saying 'XXX is in danger of falling!' or 'XXX needs assistance!'.

Sometimes there's events where a horde of enemy appears and rushes a certain base, so you have to be wary for that too.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

clear the outpost and bases on the way every time. If there are generals you need to kill them first if you cant kill the boss fast

Ferrio

Banned
Make sure you clear out the base that's falling. That is, kill everything around it and keep an eye for warnings saying 'XXX is in danger of falling!' or 'XXX needs assistance!'.

Sometimes there's events where a horde of enemy appears and rushes a certain base, so you have to be wary for that too.

Well the boss is like..bombarding them too. Oh well I'll try again later.

You can't spend rupees to level up higher than your highest leveled character. It's only used to level up your lower-leveled characters.

Mesoian

Guys with health bars above their heads will ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS beat your captains. You can leave regular mobs, no matter how many there are, to your other dudes, but if there are guys with health bars attacking, they're going to lose eventually. You have to take out all of those guys before you can leave a keep to it's own devices.

georly

Ok just accepted like 7 of you guys and turned on network connection. Looking forward to some links.

Any way to tag friends so I can mark all of you guys as being from gaf?

RPGCrazied

Finally got Ghirami unlocked! Some of them adventure stages can get hard. Like the one with multiple bosses with the requirement of killing 700 enemies in under 10 minutes.

bobohoro

Costs for the training dojo double at Level 50, ouch. While the forties only cost around 34.000 Rupees/Level, the next one needs roughly 73.000 and by mid sixties you are looking at ~88.000 Rupees/Level. So yeah, getting characters up to Lv49 with the Dojo and doing the rest manually. Only have 3 or 4 characters below 50 anyway.

Did Zant Lv3 today, never thought that Ganondorf would be my biggest liability in that stage. If anyone's having trouble, here's how I did it:

- Dart off straight down and fight the first fiery Aerofoly-thingy for a while, either until Manhandle seeds spawn or you see Ganondorf in the upper left corner getting some heat
- Kill off the seeds as quickly as possible
- Back to Ganondorf, don't mind your base so much since Cia is suprisingly competent and at times even offs officers with auras
- When a scout captain arrives, get to killing him as soon as possible
- Back to Ganondorf, clear the last few officers and Sheik as well. No one around anymore? Good.
- Clear your mission objective and maybe take back the keeps surrounding your base
- Get 1200KOs and storm Ghirahim. He takes quite a few hits, but if you left Ganondorf and your base with enough health and space it should be doable. Don't skip back to helping them even if they need it, since you will run out of time for A-Rank.

TheMoon

Just bought this today gents. Any tips or anything before i dive in? Also my NNID is xeroblade, feel free to add me.

- Loot gets picked up automatically at the end, don't bother running after every drop.
- to quickly start dashing without the slow-jog build-up, press and hold dogde and push in the direction you want to run until your character starts running. then you can let go of dodge.
- keep an eye on the map, pay attention to where the notifications are coming from that allies need help or keeps are about to fall
- when a message pops up asking for assistance, you have more than enough time to get there
- you always have enough time to get to skulltulas, walk around in the webbed area of the map until the music stops and you hear their crawl-sound. they're always in fairly obvious places. sometimes under rocks, behind bombable walls/vines
- if characters/weapons feel stiff at first, upgrade their combos and you'll find you're going through enemies like a hot knife through butter.
- explore the map if you have nothing super-urgent to take care of, taking the optional keeps often yields a reward (weapons or heart pieces)
- always kill enemies with health bars (captains), they can cause trouble for your guys/keeps
- try to figure out how to quickly dispatch of captain-grade enemies, some are weak to certain items (flying -> hookshot)
- go through legend mode first, HARD is not that hard, I personally recommend starting on hard to see if you like it that way

Xeroblade

- Loot gets picked up automatically at the end, don't bother running after every drop.
- to quickly start dashing without the slow-jog build-up, press and hold dogde and push in the direction you want to run until your character starts running. then you can let go of dodge.
- keep an eye on the map, pay attention to where the notifications are coming from that allies need help or keeps are about to fall
- when a message pops up asking for assistance, you have more than enough time to get there
- you always have enough time to get to skulltulas, walk around in the webbed area of the map until the music stops and you hear their crawl-sound. they're always in fairly obvious places. sometimes under rocks, behind bombable walls/vines
- if characters/weapons feel stiff at first, upgrade their combos and you'll find you're going through enemies like a hot knife through butter.
- explore the map if you have nothing super-urgent to take care of, taking the optional keeps often yields a reward (weapons or heart pieces)
- always kill enemies with health bars (captains), they can cause trouble for your guys/keeps
- try to figure out how to quickly dispatch of captain-grade enemies, some are weak to certain items (flying -> hookshot)
- go through legend mode first, HARD is not that hard, I personally recommend starting on hard to see if you like it that way

Awesome tips, thank you. On the 2 I bolded, So if there is an item pick up dont bother picking it up just keep going? I'm not understanding. I played DW before and you always needed to pick up everything in order to get it otherwise you would lose it. For the second thing, so dont do story mode or whatever? whats the benefits of going through legend mode, more drops?

georly

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Is that seriously true? That changes literally everything for me. I always wait around for the loot to drop.

General Musou tip: cut off threats before they become threats.

Red dots moving toward a keep or a base? Go kill them now. Or along the way. Basically, your grunts probably can hold off one, but likely not two. The game generally warns you when anything is moving toward your base, so look at your map, deduce what it is, and go kill it before it gets there.

Unrelated, but I think I am bored of network links. They needed more varied types. I feel like I've done the same one in Lake Hylia fifteen times.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Wow, does loot really get automatically picked up? I go out of my way to always get it.

I unlocked Agitha last night and the first mission after was killing ___ amount of enemies in 10 minutes and just couldn't do it. Not really liking how she feels at all, though those levels in general I seem to struggle with. Is it best to just ignore the big bosses? And aside from those, even when it starts and says something like defeat Darunia, they always seem to take too long to actually fight so I just clear enemies and run around even if they all get buffed by ignoring them. Not sure if I'm approaching wrong.

Wow, does loot really get automatically picked up? I go out of my way to always get it.

I unlocked Agitha last night and the first mission after was killing ___ amount of enemies in 10 minutes and just couldn't do it. Not really liking how she feels at all, though those levels in general I seem to struggle with. Is it best to just ignore the big bosses? And aside from those, even when it starts and says something like defeat Darunia, they always seem to take too long to actually fight so I just clear enemies and run around even if they all get buffed by ignoring them. Not sure if I'm approaching wrong.
Generally I ignore the bosses, but A-ranking those missions is still a trial. The bosses are such a time sink that defeating two might put you over the limit for an A-rank alone.

The problem is, you might be doing great avoiding them and taking out crowds and then you get side-swiped by a Gohma laser or something. There's no real good way around it, just have to do your best to keep moving and dodging.

A few pages ago I also asked for help with this stage. I managed to go through it with Ruto ignoring all of the bosses, but I got a "B". I have no idea how I'll be able to get an "A" with Agitha.

My favorite Agitha combo is C4 (three weak attacks followed by a strong one, it's a hurricane attack), but the truth is I suck as Agitha and tips are welcomed!

RPGCrazied

I don't believe they will, but I'm praying for it every night.

I'd probably pay for that mode, and it being online shouldn't gimp your resolution by playing with another player like local does.

I think it would be much more fun on the harder maps when you have all these bases to keep track of.

NeonZ

A few pages ago I also asked for help with this stage. I managed to go through it with Ruto ignoring all of the bosses, but I got a "B". I have no idea how I'll be able to get an "A" with Agitha.

My favorite Agitha combo is C4 (three weak attacks followed by a strong one, it's a hurricane attack), but the truth is I suck as Agitha and tips are welcomed!

Press three weak attacks, followed by two strong attacks to create the hurricane then board a butterfly, then press weak attack thrice to attack the monsters caught into the hurricane, finally strong attack again to divebomb with the butterfly.

Also, you can spam weak, weak, strong, dodge cancel to quickly summon those giant energy beetles one after another.

Top Bottom