• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Midna's BBY is probably my favorite combo in the whole game, especially with Strength III.
YEP

Is that where she throws the wolf? The only combo that midna does that I like is when she slams the ground over and over. There are very few characters where I 'get' all their combos. Some of them seem utterly useless to me. Or way way way less effective than many of their other moves.

Nah, he is right, midna's utterly best combo (and probably the best attack for everything in the whole game) is where she throws 2 wolfs to get everything on shight in a ball and then throws another wolf to destroy commanders life bars if they are inside that ball (of course you have to press X 3 times for the final blow, if not she will not finish the attack and it will not do so much damage). Surprisingly one of the hits always destroys commander's defense which leaves them open for the end attacks that is the one that takes a lot of their life bar. Not only that but is fast as hell and doesnt leave you open.
The hand slam is tricky to do sometimes in tight situations, and its very risky to do when there are commanders and captains surrounding her becuase just before she does the attack she leaves herself open. BUT it still amazing becuase it breaks everything and adds darkness to his special gauge.

El Odio

Banned
Any level in adventure mode with Manhandala is the bane of my existence right now. I failed that one where you fight 2 of them at the same time about 3 times because he kept doing that flailing attack instead of opening up for an attack.

Mesoian

Any level in adventure mode with Manhandala is the bane of my existence right now. I failed that one where you fight 2 of them at the same time about 3 times because he kept doing that flailing attack instead of opening up for an attack.

Yeah, it's really annoying.

YEP

Nah, he is right, midna's utterly best combo (and probably the best attack for everything in the whole game) is where she throws 2 wolfs to get everything on shight in a ball and then throws another wolf to destroy commanders life bars if they are inside that ball (of course you have to press X 3 times for the final blow, if not she will not finish the attack and it will not do so much damage). Surprisingly one of the hits always destroys commander's defense which leaves them open for the end attacks that is the one that takes a lot of their life bar. Not only that but is fast as hell and doesnt leave you open.
The hand slam is tricky to do sometimes in tight situations, and its very risky to do when there are commanders and captains surrounding her becuase just before she does the attack she leaves herself open. BUT it still amazing becuase it breaks everything and adds darkness to his special gauge.

Hand slam fills up darkness gauge though, which is key.

I think.

Yeah, it's really annoying.

Hand slam fills up darkness gauge though, which is key.

I think.

Thats what i said :p
BUT it still amazing becuase it breaks everything and adds darkness to his special gauge.

I usually use it to enter a base for the first time to kill some grunts and fill the gauge and then spam YYB untill everything and his mother dies (as in adventure hard commanders usually come to troll you to the bases, so it stops them of doing so).

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Is darunia's strong attack supposed to be insane against breaking weak gauges? Holy crap. Haven't used him that much so far but just realized that.

Dreavus

I am loving Zant's playstyle. The combo where he becomes a giant and stomps the shit out of everything might be my favourite in the whole game. And activating his meter then using the projectiles seems pretty good against officers, even if they're blocking (need to upgrade that badge line with him). His weak point attack is a little bit awkward but still does pretty good damage.

Is daruina's strong attack supposed to be insane against breaking weak gauges? Holy crap. Haven't used him that much so far but just realized that.

I need to try this.

My favorite weak gauge breaker is Sheik's Bolero of Fire song.

Related: It really pisses me off you can't one-cycle Imprisoned. It will always get up when the weak point gauge is halfway empty.

Rupee-leveling is so expensive in this game. Leveling some characters up takes ages, and I feel so underleveled on many adventure mode stages :/ Want to get the last two level-one weapons but seems like it'll take a while still. That's all I care about, really.

Is darunia's strong attack supposed to be insane against breaking weak gauges? Holy crap. Haven't used him that much so far but just realized that.

Yeah, but it has such a long wind-up time. If Darunia isn't overleveled it still kind of sucks imo.

His weak point attack is a little bit awkward but still does pretty good damage.

Zant's weak point attack bothers me quite a bit. I personally think it's horrible. There have been many instances for me when he doesn't even hit the enemy in question. It makes no sense. He just spins around and does minimal damage.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Zant's weak point attack bothers me quite a bit. I personally think it's horrible. There have been many instances for me when he doesn't even hit the enemy in question. It makes no sense. He just spins around and does minimal damage.

I want to say the damage is maybe better the more you can draw into that black tornado. Otherwise it is pretty meh.

Helping lots of network Links here... oh man, I just helped our dear leader, mr. LonelyGreyWolf!

No need to thank me, boss, just keep up the good work on this thread!

upandaway

I should start to get into network link stuff, I still don't understand/do any of it but I'm also still underleveled (Link is level 29) right now.

Many of my friends have done my Network Link, but I haven't received any notification.

Am I missing something?
Go in to options, make sure Network is turned on.

For some reason it didn't work for me until I activated it in a level, then backed out to the main menu of the game, then went back in to Adventure.

Omega Force!

I like throwing Impa's wall of fire to burn weak points while also attacking them for double the damage

My favorite thing is managing to time it so I get a Nocturne of Shadow going on someone right when their weak point shows up, add in a basic Y combo, and it guarantees a full weak point breakdown on officers.

El Odio

Banned
So what item is needed to unlock Ghiarhim's attack badges? He's the only one who I haven't unlocked a single combo for.

Fandangox

So what item is needed to unlock Ghiarhim's attack badges? He's the only one who I haven't unlocked a single combo for.

I had that problem as well because after I got Gsnondorf I.just played adventure.mose nonstop haha.

Ghirahim uses soldier uniforms, you get them on one of the Legend Node stages.

I have decided to stop playing Adventure Mode for now, it's getting a bit challenging for my level.

Ruto and Ghiahiam (whatever he is called, the tongue dude) are too weak, so I'm leveling up in Legend Mode, collecting all Skulltulas, Hearts, etc.

Awesome game!

Anbec7

What is this about the network Link? Is it for Adventure mode? I haven´t touche that mode yet... this game delivers a lot!
Is that why everyone is giving their NNID? in that case please add me! (or is there a list or something?)

NNID: Anbec7

Exile20

What is this about the network Link? Is it for Adventure mode? I haven´t touche that mode yet... this game delivers a lot!
Is that why everyone is giving their NNID? in that case please add me! (or is there a list or something?)

I am a little lost on the network link thing too but here is my NNID: Exile20

Adventure Mode only. Every now and then, one of your friends Link appear on your map. If you go to that spot and complete the stage, you earn an extra 50.000 rupees and a weapon and your friend also earns something. You have to enable the network mode in the game settings, it's turned off by default.

My NNID: OrakioRob

YEP

Yeah I decided out of the blue to try Midna for the first time on the final stage against Cia. I was doing okay, struggling a little. And then im not even sure what I was doing but I started performing combos like crazy and wiped out all 4 Cia's in a nonstop assault grabbing, rampaging through them and holding them down and throwing wolves.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I don't mind Ganondorf but he's not that exciting to play. Does he get cool stuff later on?

Well his Skyward Strike can deplete the entire gauge of a Redead. He can juggle Captains with a C2 > Dodge > Standard Combo String. Can use his C4 and cancel into his Musou attack. Same with his C5 and C6(wouldn't recommend). Not to mention his C1 gives you immediate space at full charge. And in Spirit Focus his attacks are faster to the point it can make his C4 amazing if properly timed into the end Musou attack(double fist slam), and of course his C6 gets faster as well.

---------------------

Protip: If your character/weapon shares the same element as a elemental keep with a barrier and you use spirit focus your attack damage is increased and you do not take passive damage in the keep. Just a heads up.

georly

OKAY. Just went through the past few pages and added like 20 of you guys as friends, please accept if you want to do the adventure mode thing or play smash soon. Bayo 2, also, but I don't know how heavy i'll be into the multiplayer there.

If anyone wants to add me, my NNID is ALinkToThePast

I'd appreciate it since I have yet to see a single link :/

This game is so time consuming, i find myself playing it more than smash somehow.

El Odio

Banned
I had that problem as well because after I got Gsnondorf I.just played adventure.mose nonstop haha.

Ghirahim uses soldier uniforms, you get them on one of the Legend Node stages.
I assume since they come from soldiers you can get them from the turncoats in the sealed grounds stage? I've played that one like twice already and only get gauntlets and shields.

Fandangox

I assume since they come from soldiers you can get them from the turncoats in the sealed grounds stage? I've played that one like twice already and only get gauntlets and shields.

I don't think you can get then from them, there is a stage latet in Legends mode where you fight soldiers, you get lots on that one.

After Nature

Neo Member
OKAY. Just went through the past few pages and added like 20 of you guys as friends, please accept if you want to do the adventure mode thing or play smash soon. Bayo 2, also, but I don't know how heavy i'll be into the multiplayer there.

If anyone wants to add me, my NNID is ALinkToThePast

I'd appreciate it since I have yet to see a single link :/

This game is so time consuming, i find myself playing it more than smash somehow.

I'll add you and I'm going to do the same as you and add everyone who has posted their NNID in this thread.

NNID: after_nature

JoeM86

Go in to options, make sure Network is turned on.

For some reason it didn't work for me until I activated it in a level, then backed out to the main menu of the game, then went back in to Adventure.

Omega Force!

I do :/ That's how I have been getting Network Links...I'm just not getting notifications when they do mine, and they haven't had notifications when I do theirs.

zulux21

Does anyone in here know the going rate for the skyward sword dlc costumes? Ebay seems to be selling them for $30-$40 but that seems rather high to me, but I am having issues finding a going rate from somewhere else.

Neo Dark

Does anyone in here know the going rate for the skyward sword dlc costumes? Ebay seems to be selling them for $30-$40 but that seems rather high to me, but I am having issues finding a going rate from somewhere else.

Not surprised it's that high since you can only get it from pre-ordering at Best Buy right now. Don't think you can get it for much lower if you're buying it off other people. If you're patient, just wait for them to release it on eshop. The Skyward Sword set really looks good though especially Zelda. Really glad I pre-ordered for it.

Richie

I'm enjoying the living hell out of this game. The story is making me grin to no end; they be fighting for Link's love, man! Just unlocked Ganondorf and he's a fucking BEAST. And that at level 21, whereas I've got Link ten levels higher, and Ganondorf shows him up. This game...

I really, really hope Tecmo Koei can reach their "one million worldwide" goal. Seriously wishing the holiday season, coupled with the DLC distribution, can help get this game the legs it needs to get there. Do ya guys think there's a chance it does sooner than latter?

zulux21

Not surprised it's that high since you can only get it from pre-ordering at Best Buy right now. Don't think you can get it for much lower if you're buying it off other people. If you're patient, just wait for them to release it on eshop. The Skyward Sword set really looks good though especially Zelda. Really glad I pre-ordered for it.

Actually I was asking for my own pricing as I am having trouble finding a good price for it thus I figured I would ask the people most likely to have bought it in the past. $30 for two costumes seems silly high to me @_@ but alas in general I ignore paid costumes in games. I am a big zelda fan though, so when they do release on the eshop I might actually buy them.

I am curious though is there any rumors on the timing for when they would be on the eshop? I mean I feel like people might react poorly if they are released before the season pass is done (as people would feel they should be part of the pass then)

in a completely different line of questions... I asked a while back but I didn't see a response. What exactly is included with the adventure map in the first DLC pack? is it just a few more adventure missions, or a whole new map? I mean I suppose I will find out for sure when the DLC releases but if I recall right it was already released in japan.

upandaway

What the?! Now I regret using it!

zulux21

I'm enjoying the living hell out of this game. The story is making me grin to no end; they be fighting for Link's love, man! Just unlocked Ganondorf and he's a fucking BEAST. And that at level 21, whereas I've got Link ten levels higher, and Ganondorf shows him up. This game...

I really, really hope Tecmo Koei can reach their "one million worldwide" goal. Seriously wishing the holiday season, coupled with the DLC distribution, can help get this game the legs it needs to get there. Do ya guys think there's a chance it does sooner than latter?

it seems possible using some random guessing
First off 2014 video game sales on amazon have hyrule warriors in the top 100 (around 80) and kirby triple deluxe below it. while it's not completely accurate or guaranteed to mean that hyrule warriors sold better than triple deluxe it likely did. kirby sold 138 in its release month in just the US, thus it wouldn't be unlikely given the rankings that hyrule warriors did at least that.

we know in japan it dropped off the rankings pretty quickly and after selling 84k it's first two weeks it sold under 10k a week after that... so its likely around 100k for japan now.

I am not sure how EU numbers are but we can safely assume that the game sold at least 25k to make our current lifetime sales likely north of 250k. Given nintendo's big game next month for the wiiu is smash brothers, it wouldn't be surprising if there was some decent sales with hyrule warriors to try to get people to buy both at once thus it wouldn't be impossible to think that it could sell really well next month as new people pick up a wiiu for smash.

that being said it's not a sure thing, just possible, which quite frankly is better than I thought before hyrule warriors launched lol.

What the?! Now I regret using it!

yup, best I can find the gannon dlc has little value currently (likely will get some after the promo ends)
the twilight princess dlc is often going for 30-45
the OoT dlc is often going for 15-30 (which is odd as I figured that one would be popular)
and skyward is often going for 30-40
which to me implies if nintendo had released a LE with the scarf and the costumes for $150 they could have had quite a few people buy it >.< (though to be fair the LE that was release at nintendo world with just a scarf is often going for $750+ on ebay right now @_______________@ )

Richie

it seems possible using some random guessing
First off 2014 video game sales on amazon have hyrule warriors in the top 100 (around 80) and kirby triple deluxe below it. while it's not completely accurate or guaranteed to mean that hyrule warriors sold better than triple deluxe it likely did. kirby sold 138 in its release month in just the US, thus it wouldn't be unlikely given the rankings that hyrule warriors did at least that.

we know in japan it dropped off the rankings pretty quickly and after selling 84k it's first two weeks it sold under 10k a week after that... so its likely around 100k for japan now.

I am not sure how EU numbers are but we can safely assume that the game sold at least 25k to make our current lifetime sales likely north of 250k. Given nintendo's big game next month for the wiiu is smash brothers, it wouldn't be surprising if there was some decent sales with hyrule warriors to try to get people to buy both at once thus it wouldn't be impossible to think that it could sell really well next month as new people pick up a wiiu for smash.

that being said it's not a sure thing, just possible, which quite frankly is better than I thought before hyrule warriors launched lol.

You give me hope, man! Crossing my fingers here, this title is my gaming surprise of the year! Would love the hell out of a sequel, and I'm not even done with the main campaign yet!

I've been thinking of doing a FAQ or something; I already have like twenty frequently asked questions to add. Unfortunately I just don't have time. However, I think I'll make something about the online because people definitely ask about that way too often. I'll be back when I have something.

Helping lots of network Links here... oh man, I just helped our dear leader, mr. LonelyGreyWolf!

No need to thank me, boss, just keep up the good work on this thread!

Hahaha!

NeonZ

The second Skulltula of the Lake Hylia legend stage is evil -
You must keep Sheik alive up until and OoT Dodongo is beaten, but Sheik insists in heading to fight false Zelda, only to be quickly defeated - so, you pretty much need to run between the two battlefields to restore Sheik once before the battle with Dodongo ends... only Sheik sometimes dies so fast there isn't enough time to run between them.

in a completely different line of questions... I asked a while back but I didn't see a response. What exactly is included with the adventure map in the first DLC pack? is it just a few more adventure missions, or a whole new map? I mean I suppose I will find out for sure when the DLC releases but if I recall right it was already released in japan.

Technically, it's the full NES Zelda map again, but with different challenges, which include a new battle type and special conditions applied to the old ones. You unlock texture swaps, 8 bit weapons and new weapons for Cia, Wizro and Volga there. It makes sense considering the "Master Quest" name (and it's called Ura Zelda in Japan, which also references the second quest of the original game, not only OoT's Master Quest), but I hope TP and MM have new maps.

The second Skulltula of the Lake Hylia legend stage is evil -
You must keep Sheik alive up until and OoT Dodongo is beaten, but Sheik insists in heading to fight false Zelda, only to be quickly defeated - so, you pretty much need to run between the two battlefields to restore Sheik once before the battle with Dodongo ends... only Sheik sometimes dies so fast there isn't enough time to run between them.
This one is just too hard, I used co-op to get it.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I'm really satisfied by this game.
I've completed the Story mode more than three weeks ago, but with Adventure mode, new combos and characters, DLC contents...I'm still playing it withou it getting boring. And the DLC pan from next week to February sounds awesome.

jimi_dini

Those people didn't read the OP.

Alright gentlemen, I made this:

So5PFnt.png

What do you think? I put it in the OP too but I actually wasn't sure where to put it. If someone asks about online now though you can just quote that image.

Top Bottom