• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

ohlawd

yeah, C4 -> butterfly is your best bet for crowd control. In a keep, you should fire them toward one of the four corners since that's where enemies spawn.

C5 for narrow areas since the beetle goes straight. I don't really like C3 but I like it for giant bosses. C2 and C3 (sorta) is nice for giving yourself some space against officers.

I've eased up on Agitha. I used to hate playing as her. Sometimes you get into a zone like in one of the stages I did, I somehow got 1,500+ kills in 10 minutes. Dunno how I pulled that off but she can wreck shit too is what I'm saying.

And it's funny when she enters focus spirit mode. Throw that fit, Agitha!

Fandangox

Oh, lol. Alright, thanks for the heads up. And can someone explain the whole dont pick up loot system?

You have to pick up hearts, majic jars, and triforce pieces for them to have an effect.

You don't have to pick up the dropped weapons (bags with a sword on them) and the materials (tiny bronze, silver, and gold bags) those get picked up automatically at the end.

Thanks for the tips, guys!

At first I hated Agitha, but her moves are so weird that I find her kind of fun to play. I'll try your tips right now, thanks!

Rnr1224

anyone can feel free to add me for the network links. My NNID is rnr1224. Overall, im really enjoying this game! cant wait to be able to play as some of the villians in the next update!

bobohoro

Don't forget your items on the Kill _ in _ minutes stages. Getting a bomb upgrade for example is really great for safe crowd control. The hookshot-upgrade as well, since officers are positioned in the middle of mobs and you just have to aim at them, get the moon down and run on to the next one.

On the topic of auto-picks: I can confirm that materials do get picked up, but it seems weapons don't. At least in challenge stages.

Tiu Neo

Added a few people from here yesterday.

Got my first Network Links, but didn't play them yet, since the characters I have to use for those levels are kinda underleveled.

Been too immersed in Smash to go back to this yet but just waiting on getting all the trophies in Smash 3DS and once the DLC for this comes out I'm sure I'll go back to it...hopefully.

darkmagus

Got Darunia's lvl2 weapon, those air strikes were so annoying. got Gannondorf's Lvl2, the Gauntlets Lvl2 and a couple of Heart Pieces. also did a network link of one of you guys that was very hard, Darunia got like 6 levels and it dropped a 420 Magical Sword (thanks)

btw any tips on ghirahim, i can't use him well. and how do you kill the 2 imprisoned with shiek in 10 minutes.

how do you kill the 2 imprisoned with shiek in 10 minutes.

Use prelude of light (loaded onto X with C5 or YYYYX, if you like) to fill your special bar, run up and blast the toes off with your special then drop bolero of fire (loaded with C3 / YYX) on them until you either get the weakpoint break or you deplete the bar by half which will annoyingly make it hide it's weakpoint and begin wriggling. Make sure you've got all the weakpoint badges too to speed up the process :3

SoldnerKei

You have to pick up hearts, majic jars, and triforce pieces for them to have an effect.

You don't have to pick up the dropped weapons (bags with a sword on them) and the materials (tiny bronze, silver, and gold bags) those get picked up automatically at the end.

Really?! damn and I am always running across the room to get the drop of enemies I send out flying >_>

good to know, finally I got all Link's weapons, I need to get Lana's Summon Gate yet, and I think I am done, Skulltullas will be a pain! well, not as much as getting A rank on certain stages with certain characters

I am really having trouble with those kill 800 enemies in less than 10 mins, I can't get Rank A on those, I always finish with half minute left or something, any tip guys?

darkmagus

Use prelude of light (loaded onto X with C5 or YYYYX, if you like) to fill your special bar, run up and blast the toes off with your special then drop bolero of fire (loaded with C3 / YYX) on them until you either get the weakpoint break or you deplete the bar by half which will annoyingly make it hide it's weakpoint and begin wriggling. Make sure you've got all the weakpoint badges too to speed up the process :3

I will try this, thanks!

The imprisoned is so annoying...

El Odio

Banned
Can you only get one gold skulltula to appear if the mission has two? I've played the stage where you unlock Ghirahim about 4 times now and can only get the first on to spawn even though I'm not even getting hit.

demolitio

You guys are making it hard to wait until Christmas for this and the DLC invoking nostalgia is only making it harder. Zelda never gets old.

Kinsei

Banned
I decided to take on a level 99 network Link with a level 45 Link using the golden gauntlets. I'm really surprised that I won.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

This can't be true. Has it been established and confirmed?

Meeps

btw any tips on ghirahim, i can't use him well.

I've only been using his regular weak attack chain. The daggers he throws out are extremely helpful for breaking weakpoints and building meter, which is great for clearing crowds and stronger enemies.

I like Ghirahim's combo where he snaps his fingers and shadow figures appear. Not because of it being particularly good, but because he snaps his fingers and dances a little. In real life, that's how I, too, kill enemies.

bobohoro

it's real

it's damn real

I'm still paranoid. Materials do get collected, checked that myself, but my trials involving weapons were less successful. Maybe it was a fluke, or my eyes deceiving me, need to do some serious testing next time.

Game has some amusing glitches, most come from character intros interrupting something. Was summoning Agnarok for a ride, Impa came running and after her intro was done, Agnarok glitched into the ground and stayed beneath Lana for several minutes. When I went for another ride, I had two dragons underneath, sadly only did regular damage. ;(

Oh and missing A-Rank by 2 seconds is tough. Did so on Baton Lv3. An hour later, I missed A-Rank on Link's last Lv3 by 4 seconds, gave up for the night. But I am getting closer to the end, won't be able to play over the weekend unfortunately.

georly

Ok, I tried this out a little bit last night and actively avoided picking up loot... though not 100% of the time, but I swear I got less loot because I wasn't picking anything up.

I'm not sure I buy the whole 'don't pick up' thing :/

I need proof.

Edit: I take it back. I tried it. I on purpose avoided every single loot drop, yet at the end I got a crapton. OK.

I like Ghirahim's combo where he snaps his fingers and shadow figures appear. Not because of it being particularly good, but because he snaps his fingers and dances a little. In real life, that's how I, too, kill enemies.

You'll only see me dancing a) when I'm drunk or b) with a wiimote strapped to my wrist. My wife won't let me bring the wiimote to our friends parties, so I usually go with "a".

I hated Ghirahim in Skyward Sword, but this move is so funny that I'm starting to like him.

I'm still paranoid.

Me too. I'm trying to trust the autocollect talk, but I always feel bad when I leave items on the battlefield.

The auto-pick up thing works. That said, if I see a silver or gold item I'm still most likely going to pick it up just to be 100% sure, but otherwise I skip everything and it does get collected.

What's the point with Link's gauntlets strong attack, by the way? Picking enemies up, I mean. Can you do good damage with it? Or is it to be used for picking up enemies in you're keep, throwing them out and doing the battle there instead? Or maybe it's just supposed to be for fun.

Breaking hearts in 3... 2... 1...

Bzl7MOtCEAASDhM.jpg

https://twitter.com/00_yaduki/status/520582683512946689/photo/1

Phil S.

Banned
Stupid here finally turned on the Network Link option dealie. Strange it isn't already on, or at least there isn't a prompt to turn it on when you initially turn the game on the first time you ever do so, similar to how SpotPass and StreetPass are offered to be activated the first time you ever start some games.

NeonZ

I got the OoT skins for Link and Zelda! I really didn't expect to stumble upon someone giving a code online.

StAidan

Finished Legend Mode tonight (on the Hard difficulty, of course). Man, that last scenario was intense. I ended up fighting most of the final boss with three hearts left, so I was gripping my controller so hard that my hands were losing circulation, lol.

I will reiterate that, regardless of this game's place as a non-canon tribute to Zelda, I welcome the Hyrule Warriors experience with arms wide open. I didn't enjoy Wind Waker this much, or Twilight Princess this much, or even Skyward Sword. This game throws you into an action-packed adventure with all the fat stripped out, and in some very important ways is truer to Zelda's origins than any entry after Ocarina of Time.

Adventure Mode, here I come!

Effect

I think I'm going to start ignoring these "Defeat Boss or # enemies" in a certain time limit. The level of BS that takes place in some of these is crazy. Maybe I'm under leveled for them or not but it's crazy at the moment. I'm almost tempted to somehow find a way to grind for money so I can level up some characters.

The suggestion of just using Link to run through as much of the map as possible, at least as a first pass, is looking like something I'm going have to do. That might solve my issues as he's the most leveled up up at the moment. He's level 50. Then go back on it with other characters when I have the money to buy their levels.

DeVeAn

I think I'm going to start ignoring these "Defeat Boss or # enemies" in a certain time limit. The level of BS that takes place in some of these is crazy. Maybe I'm under leveled for them or not but it's crazy at the moment. I'm almost tempted to somehow find a way to grind for money so I can level up some characters.

The suggestion of just using Link to run through as much of the map as possible is looking like something I'm going have to do. That might solve my issues as he's the most leveled up up at the moment. In the high 40s.

This is currently what I am doing. Seems to cut down the frustration quite a bit.

Effect

This is currently what I am doing. Seems to cut down the frustration quite a bit.

Wishing that didn't have to be done. The alternative is running through the story missions again but in Free Mode perhaps but that isn't as much fun as they don't change. The mixture provided by the Adventure map is good but not knowing what level you have to be at is a bit annoying and a negative for the game. I really would like to clear it or get as much done with as possible.

No way of knowing if the next map is going to require you to be maxed out from the start or if the difficulty will vary the way this one does. I wish the difficulty scaled with your level. That might solve the issues so you can play any character at any given time unless the stage requires a certain character.

I've gotten through most of the middle and bottom left side of the map so far. The further away from the center I went is when I started encountering issues. I did manage to Link's second
fire rod
tonight. Looks great and looking forward to using it. So I'll just focus on Link like said above to see how things go. Finally over the 40 hours mark with the game as well.

Neo Dark

Yes, minds have been constantly blown by this information for about a week or so in this thread :D

Blowing mine right now. All that time I wasted running to the location of an enemy I knocked a mile away to pick up the loot to now find out I didn't need to do that? Wha?

El Odio

Banned

The suggestion of just using Link to run through as much of the map as possible, at least as a first pass, is looking like something I'm going have to do. That might solve my issues as he's the most leveled up up at the moment. He's level 50. Then go back on it with other characters when I have the money to buy their levels.
After the one that goes Lana>Manhandla>Impa&Manhandla>Link>Other shit I have the same mindset. That challenges just don't feel as fun as the others, which sucks since the first mission is that and always has a compass.

Golnei

I know it's a fairly minor complaint compared to all the others that could be made against the myriad poor narrative choices in this game; but I really didn't like the lack of unique music in Ganondorf's chapters. Playing through the rise of the King of Evil just seems much less impressive when done to the backdrop of a couple of generic cutscene tracks. Even if they had to recycle music by necessity, their choices were awful.

Phil S.

Banned
My brother and I played more Hyrule Warriors tonight. We unlocked (character spoiler)
Ruto
, and I found a location where (second character spoiler)
Ghirahim
is.

Got some A ranks, too, to unlock some heart containers, new weapons, and such. SO much fun.

I didn't know if I needed to spoil the character names, but I wanted to be safer than sorrier! :)

Dreavus

I know it's a fairly minor complaint compared to all the others that could be made against the myriad poor narrative choices in this game; but I really didn't like the lack of unique music in Ganondorf's chapters. Playing through the rise of the King of Evil just seems much less impressive when done to the backdrop of a couple of generic cutscene tracks. Even if they had to recycle music by necessity, their choices were awful.

Is Ganondorf's "theme" even in the game? I was thinking how great a version of it would fit during his victory animation (Like how Darunia has the Lost Woods theme during his).

El Odio

Banned
The "Go kill the enemy commander" music and the lack of any variation of it is the most grating thing ever. I usually clean up the stage to get items/materials from leftover enemies at that point since there's usually no rush at that point but the music... man...

Top Bottom