• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Effect

After the one that goes Lana>Manhandla>Impa&Manhandla>Link>Other shit I have the same mindset. That challenges just don't feel as fun as the others, which sucks since the first mission is that and always has a compass.

That's the stage that got to me.

boxter432

The "Go kill the enemy commander" music and the lack of any variation of it is the most grating thing ever. I usually clean up the stage to get items/materials from leftover enemies at that point since there's usually no rush at that point but the music... man...

as stated many times now...no need to pick up materials/weapons as they are automatically picked up!

Golnei

Is Ganondorf's "theme" even in the game? I was thinking how great a version of it would fit during his victory animation (Like how Darunia has the Lost Woods theme during his).

I don't think so, no. He uses a generic theme for his victory fanfare, and "A Great Evil" is just a pale imitation with the serial numbers filed off, similar to "A Hammer of Stones" for the ALttP Death Mountain motif.

The "Go kill the enemy commander" music and the lack of any variation of it is the most grating thing ever. I usually clean up the stage to get items/materials from leftover enemies at that point since there's usually no rush at that point but the music... man...

I find that really irritating as well, especially since the commander boss fights usually take a decent amount of time, and with the music they've been associated with in the past, fighting Ghirahim, Ganondorf, Zant, Zelda and even Dark Link to the same theme is such a waste. Even using direct rips from the original games (a la Smash Bros.) would be preferable - even if using the anniversary orchestra album or OoT and MM's official arrangement albums would be a better choice.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I really hope one of the DLCs adds a few new maps. Maybe the Majora's Mask DLC, since I don't think that game really has any stage representing it.

I am really having trouble with those kill 800 enemies in less than 10 mins, I can't get Rank A on those, I always finish with half minute left or something, any tip guys?

I think I'm going to start ignoring these "Defeat Boss or # enemies" in a certain time limit. The level of BS that takes place in some of these is crazy. Maybe I'm under leveled for them or not but it's crazy at the moment. I'm almost tempted to somehow find a way to grind for money so I can level up some characters.

The suggestion of just using Link to run through as much of the map as possible, at least as a first pass, is looking like something I'm going have to do. That might solve my issues as he's the most leveled up up at the moment. He's level 50. Then go back on it with other characters when I have the money to buy their levels.

For the "Defeat x enemies in x minutes" maps, what I've been doing is finding whichever attack is useful for clearing hordes of grunts quickly (for Ruto it's her standard Y string, for Ghirahim his second in his standard Y string, where he shoots those darts twice), running up to a horde, executing the move, and then immediately dodging/running to either the ones I've missed or to another section of the map where more hordes have shown up. More show up every 50 or 100 enemies, so almost clearing one horde will usually spawn more. As I'm doing this I'm completely ignoring all bosses, officers and anyone with an HP bar. If they get caught up in my attack, great (and they usually do). If I'm not attacking, I'm dodging or running - no exceptions.

Doing that, I've been getting an A rank on every one I've ran into (might take a couple of tries to figure out where hordes spawn on the map).

For the Boss versions of those challenges, I just find whichever attack is the best at taking out the weak point meter (Sheik's Bolero of Fire or Midna's C5 - the one where she slaps the ground with her hair - work wonders). Also, if it seems like the Boss is about to cover up their weak spot, I've found that doing a Special Attack (A button on DW control scheme) prolongs it a little more. Although that could be wishful thinking on my end.

Breaking hearts in 3... 2... 1...

Bzl7MOtCEAASDhM.jpg

https://twitter.com/00_yaduki/status/520582683512946689/photo/1

O M G :O

NeonZ

Ganondorf and Cia seem to get different tracks for that at least. Although I don't know if it always happens or if it's specific to some adventure stages.

I think I'm going to start ignoring these "Defeat Boss or # enemies" in a certain time limit. The level of BS that takes place in some of these is crazy. Maybe I'm under leveled for them or not but it's crazy at the moment. I'm almost tempted to somehow find a way to grind for money so I can level up some characters.

I really didn't need to do that, although unlike what you're describing there, most of the time I had money to level up the necessary character. You finished Legend mode before starting Adventure, right?

"Defeat Boss" were never a problem to me at all. I'm kind of surprised that they're considered problematic. "Defeat enemy" could be tricky sometimes, but, generally, what you need to do is to ignore (well, run away, rather) the bosses and just try to kill the grunts as fast as possible.

TheMoon

You know, the other day I had the most amazing(ly simple) epiphany in Adventure Mode. Those "all damage is critical" or whatever it's called missions where you have to hit captains just once to kill them while also receiving massive damage from any attacks you take ... I just used the damn bow. lol

Even gets you a medal haha. I was so happy^^

You know, the other day I had the most amazing(ly simple) epiphany in Adventure Mode. Those "all damage is critical" or whatever it's called missions where you have to hit captains just once to kill them while also receiving massive damage from any attacks you take ... I just used the damn bow. lol

Yeah, we said this many, many, many pages ago :) That's how everyone do them. They're the easiest missions by far.

Yeah, we said this many, many, many pages ago :) That's how everyone do them. They're the easiest missions by far.

I didn't ever think of this. I'm going to have to try that out!

Kouriozan

"Defeat Boss" were never a problem to me at all. I'm kind of surprised that they're considered problematic. "Defeat enemy" could be tricky sometimes, but, generally, what you need to do is to ignore (well, run away, rather) the bosses and just try to kill the grunts as fast as possible.

Bosses are extremely easy to defeat, it just takes time and dodge for harder ones.
For defeat X ennemies, take Link and charge X for easy mode.

Dragoshi1

Speaking of Lana, in Adventure mode, I'm one square beneath the square that contains her Lv1 Summoning Gate, but can't access it because it has a lock icon; how do I get past the lock to get to it?

Also took this pic;

TWO LINKS, PERSONAL LANA DREAM HAREM COMPLETE

kkfTsiw.jpg

ohlawd

Use a raft item on the pier in search mode :3

It's dumb how you have to finish it again with the right rank if you forgot to use the hookshot or raft

I remember doing this once; got A rank, tile didn't open up, oh crap forgot to use the raft, gotta do it again!

This is my first one as well and so far it was smooth sailing. Just pay attention to what's happening on the map and don't panic :D

You can try to jump into the game on Hard since the first two or three missions aren't really challenging. If you find yourself comfortable with the moves and map management, you can easily keep playing on Hard. There are checkpoints during the missions and you never lose the EXP (and rupees too, I think?) you accumulated before dying.

I suggest hopping through all the menus to see what's there, though the game invites you to do that anyway between the first few missions. You can always go back and sweep through a past stage on easy to grind for materials to craft some new gear before the next one.

edit: aw crap, double post. sorry.

Thanks! After playing the game for awhile, I can definitely say I'll never see all the content it has to offer; I'm just not good enough at the game to earn a lot of the A-Rank victories in Adventure Mode. That's okay, though! I'm still enjoying the game quite a bit and will definitely see Story Mode all the way through at the very least.

My main pieces of advice aaaare...
* If you hold dodge and a direction your character will immediately break into a full run rather than slowly working up to it. Once they're running you can let go of the dodge button.
* If an enemy doesn't have a health bar above it's head then it's probably not important and you can safely ignore it unless you want to build meter or you're clearing a keep :p
* get the combo extension badges and weakpoint badges from the attack tree ASAP. Some characters don't function very well without certain unlocked moves.
* SUPER DUPER IMPORTANT: You can cancel most attack animations with dodge and/or items (e.g. shooting your bow) Some moves will be suicidal/borderline unusuable without abusing this :3
* the special meter isn't hard to build so don't be afraid to use your specials fairly often :D
* most of all: have fun! :3

Thanks a bunch for these tips! I've taken them all to heart and they've definitely improved my time with the game, especially holding dodge to immediately go into a run and dodge canceling out of moves. :)

Thanks a bunch for these tips! I've taken them all to heart and they've definitely improved my time with the game, especially holding dodge to immediately go into a run and dodge canceling out of moves. :)

No worries! :D
The instant run and dodge cancelling were game-changers for me too: they make the game feel a lot faster and made getting those A-Rank times a lot easier :3

After playing for a while I'm starting to think the worst thing to fight in the game are Dinolfos commanders (the ones that glow white with the commander buff). On their own they take a painful amount of time to kill but when you have a whole bunch of them like in Agitha's tier 3 weapon mission, they suddenly get very spam happy with their ranged attack too making it difficult to find breathing room to just swing your weapon safely. To be frank, I think a lot of Agitha's more difficult missions would be hellish with any character, nevermind poor Agitha :p

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Is adventure mode the only way to unlock higher level weapons?
Link sword 2, master sword, fire rod 1, Lana book 2, spear 1, and sheik harp 2, Zelda rapier 2, and impa sword 2 is all you get from legend mode.

Adventure mode is pretty much over 80% of the games content. I finished up all the hard mode legend stuff in under 20 hours and I'm at 110 hours played now from adventure and still not done yet

Link sword 2, master sword, fire rod 1, Lana book 2, spear 1, and sheik harp 2, Zelda rapier 2, and impa sword 2 is all you get from legend mode.

Adventure mode is pretty much over 80% of the games content. I finished up all the hard mode legend stuff in under 20 hours and I'm at 110 hours played now from adventure and still not done yet

Depends on what you view as "content". Imo new character/new level 1 weapon is worth way, way, way more than a level 2 or 3 weapon. You unlock more characters and level 1 weapons in legends mode.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Depends on what you view as "content". Imo new character/new level 1 weapon is worth way, way, way more than a level 2 or 3 weapon. You unlock more characters and level 1 weapons in legends mode.
Adventure mode has more alt weapons, I don't really count default weapons that's pretty much tied to character unlocks. Which yes legend has more of, but it's also way shorter and you don't really get to play with everything much.

Legend has 11 level 1 weapons

Adventure has 9

So not much of a difference there, add in all the level 2 and 3's heart containers, skulls, and "stages" and so on and it gets insane.

Just beat
Ganon
in Adventure Mode. Loved the ending, credits were so cool!

I'm almost 70 hours in and still having lots of fun. Thankfully, I haven't even opened all of the Adventure Map yet. Can't wait for the DLC.

Meeps

Is Ganondorf's "theme" even in the game? I was thinking how great a version of it would fit during his victory animation (Like how Darunia has the Lost Woods theme during his).

A random youtube comment pointed out that the first guitar section in "Silent Guardians" is reminiscent of the buildup in Ganondorf's theme. It's not the same, but I do think they're similar.

boxter432

A random youtube comment pointed out that the first guitar section in "Silent Guardians" is reminiscent of the buildup in Ganondorf's theme. It's not the same, but I do think they're similar.
sounds a little similar...I always think that song could fit in Metroid Prime, mainly the chanting sections.

So, fun little thing I discovered about Darknuts and Stalmasters: if you hit them then immediately roll behind them they get confused and reveal their weakpoint. So you don't even have to wait for them to do the red-eye attack anymore: just whack 'em once and dodge round 'em :D

Also, if you hit monsters during their 'musuo' attack (this is when they glow and a sort of wind-effect envelops them: with lizalfos it's when they do the fire breath followed by a groundpound, for example) with a weapon they're weak to it makes their attack go haywire, changing how it works and making them hit themselves to reveal their weakpoint.
As far as I can gather from reading about the interwebs and trying things out myself it works this way:
Bombs: Shield Moblin
Arrows: Lizalfos/Dinolfos, Poes
Boomerange: Darknut/Stalmaster

I don't know Gibdo's/Redead's weapon weakness but I tend just to bomb them from outside their scream-range and air-juggle them to break their weakpoint :eek:

So, fun little thing I discovered about Darknuts and Stalmasters: if you hit them then immediately roll behind them they get confused and reveal their weakpoint. So you don't even have to wait for them to do the red-eye attack anymore: just whack 'em once and dodge round 'em :D

Also, if you hit monsters during their 'musuo' attack (this is when they glow and a sort of wind-effect envelops them: with lizalfos it's when they do the fire breath followed by a groundpound, for example) with a weapon they're weak to it makes their attack go haywire, changing how it works and making them hit themselves to reveal their weakpoint.
As far as I can gather from reading about the interwebs and trying things out myself it works this way:
Bombs: Shield Moblin
Arrows: Lizalfos/Dinolfos, Poes
Boomerange: Darknut/Stalmaster

I don't know Gibdo's/Redead's weapon weakness but I tend just to bomb them from outside their scream-range and air-juggle them to break their weakpoint :eek:

Nice tips, thanks for sharing!

zulux21

Guys, any tip for the 500 KO medal? Character and stage?

I imagine step one would be upgrading your character like mad to make that last as long as possible and so you can kill everything.

personally I am likely just going to ignore that unless someone tells me you get something awesome for getting all of the medals

Ugh, I've been trying to get that Gold Skulltula for the Water Temple stage in Legends mode, where you have to beat King Dodongo in 3 minutes while keeping Sheik alive. I swear I did it in less than three minutes, and Sheik didn't even enter Zelda's room. I was Impa with the Giant's Knife, and it was on Hard. What was I missing? Anybody?

georly

Ugh, I've been trying to get that Gold Skulltula for the Water Temple stage in Legends mode, where you have to beat King Dodongo in 3 minutes while keeping Sheik alive. I swear I did it in less than three minutes, and Sheik didn't even enter Zelda's room. I was Impa with the Giant's Knife, and it was on Hard. What was I missing? Anybody?

No that should be it. You must be missing the 3 minute mark :/

It wont be a problem if you buy DLC. :\

What do you mean?

What do you mean?
I'm guessing they mean that people who got the DLC hit that achievement pretty easily by using once of the three villain characters, I'm assuming Volga but I don't recall who it was exactly.

Personally, I'm looking forward to Cia. She looks like a mass-kill machine XD

There's a new kind of adventure stage "kill as many as you can in XX mins", after you kill one character boss and than one giant monster, your map will be full of mobs, and all mini bosses drop magic jars.
Ah... so it probably wasn't the characters that did it then :3

upandaway

Okay I give up, I just can't get the 2nd skulltula almost anywhere. I read the tips here and I do what it says on Hard and nothing shows up, dunno what I'm doing wrong.

NeonZ

Okay I give up, I just can't get the 2nd skulltula almost anywhere. I read the tips here and I do what it says on Hard and nothing shows up, dunno what I'm doing wrong.

Are you talking about the 2nd Gold Skutulla on Adventure mode or Legend mode? The system for each one is different. For the Adventure mode ones, you just need to not lose 4 hearts by the time you get 1200 KOs (this means the cumulative damage you took through the stage, not your current number of hearts). For the Legend mode ones, each chapter has a specific objective (you can check it in the warriors info screen, but the names are usually hidden. You can get full descriptions online though) and they appear after that's done. However, you need to play with the specified character or weapon type listed beside the Skulltula, otherwise it doesn't appear.

I didn't time it, so that must have been it. Strange, since I was pretty sure I did it nearly flawlessly, and only had to run back to Sheik once.

I guess I'll try it again later and keep a closer eye on the clock.

It's legend mode, so you can always save during the stage itself and try again from there if you fail. Don't forget that.

Narras

Having a ton of fun playing this game. I'm so glad there is co-op, as well. I think my favorite character is Zant. His silly blunders reminds me to stop to button mashing. LOL

D-Pad

Missing one skulltula for the first picture... Having had no idea on how to get the last one I got (first seeker valley legend/freemode mission) I had a look online. Turns out (spoiler)
you have to defeat Volga within three minutes of the mission start

Oh... Uh... Okaaaaayyyyy. Kind of specific. I'm assuming the rest I'm missing are hdden behind requirements like that. Is there anything in the game that would have told me to do that to get the skulltula (the scenario screen only told me to take the knight's sword on hard difficulty)? Or should I just continue looking at guides to get these skulltulas? No way am I playing a scenerio 100 times clearing keeps and enemies out in a different order hoping that triggers the skulltula. :\

Edit - Bah, should have read the page first. Sorry.

Eiolon

How is the multiplayer in this game? I typically only get multiplayer games for the Wii U so I can play with my son. I doubt I will touch anything single player. If there's not much meat to it I will probably pass on this title.

Top Bottom